The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

Spoiler: Thelia, Gunnar, Jeremi, Sarah
    Show
    The Woman looks on your little traveling party, all of you perceive the good intentions of the bumper it's late in the night and try to keep out troubles is her duty. she relaxes her face when you state your name and your intentions
    No offense, I am new around here that's why you might not have seen me before, you can go in, please enjoy the Cauldron and don't cause any trouble or else ... she steps aside and opens the door for you to allow all of you to get inside the place.

as Jeremi remembers the Cauldron is a warm place, fire is cracking vividly and upon it, a big cauldron is boiling. The smell in the air is full of venison stew and it's for sure coming from the Cauldron, walls and floors are made of fir wood while tables, chairs, and counters are made of oak wood. On walls hangs game trophies like deers, boars wolf and bears heads.

Behind the couldron a though man two meters tall and very muscolar he is stirring he stew, next to him two pumas are relaxing next to the couldron. Jeremi remembers that Sagar (innkeeper's name) used to be a hunter and a very successful one.

when Sagar raises his eyes he looks towards you especially Jeremi For the Dirty boots of Lathander! finally a worthy prey to hunt, again "Jeremi the Homesick" is crawling back home, go get them boyswith his fingers pointing at you the two Pumas swiftly charges you but when they both arrives near you they started to ask for cuddles and purrs, as you can remember he is always welcoming you in this way and you always find a sagacious answer

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

"Hello sir." Sarah smiles at Sagar as she greeted him.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Thelia was surprised when the cats charged Jeremi and she put her staff up, only to stop when she noticed they weren't really attacking. Clearly this was something that had happened before.
    "Sorry about that," she said, blushing as she put her staff down, "Nice cats."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Upon seeing the cats advance, Gunnar hides behind his shield. When they start acting likes pussycats, however, he relaxes - "By The Green Goddess, does everything and everyone around here likes to pretend they will kill you just for giggles?" - He says, with some frustration in his voice.

"Good evening, mister." - The young man says, as he looks for a seat, with his back to a wall - "May I have some of that stew and a mug of ale to wash it down?" - He stays silent for a bit, then remembers why they're here in the first place - "Oh... We're also looking for someone... A fellow named Alth. Do you know him? He was supposed to be here. We've got some bad news for him... A tragic thing happened on the road." - He says these things while looking around for other patrons.
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

5. - Top - End - #65

"Far you've fallen, to find a musician a worthy foe," Jeremi laughs as he pets the panthers. As an aside to the party, he mentions "don't worry about Sagar, he's not a threat to anyone paying." He's clearly more as ease here than he was in the large city, and is less tense than any point since the funeral.

Jeremi heads over to greet Sagar properly. "I'm travelling through from Fireshear," he explains. "Is everything going alright? You seem to have gotten a new guard."
    Extended Signature, Woo!

Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    "Far you've fallen, to find a musician a worthy foe," Jeremi laughs as he pets the panthers. As an aside to the party, he mentions "don't worry about Sagar, he's not a threat to anyone paying." He's clearly more as ease here than he was in the large city, and is less tense than any point since the funeral.

Jeremi heads over to greet Sagar properly. "I'm travelling through from Fireshear," he explains. "Is everything going alright? You seem to have gotten a new guard."
    "I didn't say he was a threat. But thank you for letting as know. By the way the Panthers are cute. What are their names?" Sarah blushed as she pet the panthers.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: Jeremi, Thelia, Gunnar and Sarah
    Show

Jeremi heads over to greet Sagar properly. "I'm traveling through from Fireshear," he explains. "Is everything going alright? You seem to have gotten a new guard."
    He explodes in a very loud laughIt's very good to see you, and looks like you have grown up a little bit since the last time I saw you. he is speaking loudly while he takes bowls and mugs, the business is good here, a lot of travelers, hunters, and thugs, but lately roads have become dangerous that's why I have hired extra muscles, but besides from her emper she is a kind heart. He fills the bowls and tastes the soup Maybe a little bit more of nutmeg he mumbles then he calls Sarah Come here young lady, taste it! Sarah tastes the soup which is delicious already. You can distinguish amongst tastes, venison, onions, carrots, potatoes, salt, pepper, rosemary, bay and a small hint of nutmeg. What do you think? more nutmeg ? by the way, Puma's names are: Ginger and Cinnamon

A fellow names Alth, yes he has a room upstairs, he is a silent little fellow, muscular, I might say a soldier if it's bad news for him, do you need me to wake him up or will you wait for the morning?

8. - Top - End - #68

ElfRangerGuy

"No need to wake him," Thelia said, "we can arrange everything tomorrow. Maybe just, should he be awake before us and would like to leave, ask him to stay until we can talk with him."

She looked at the others.
    "And for me just the soup and then a nice bed," she added.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Taste good. A little nutmeg will. Ginger and Cinnamon. How cute. You name them after the food ingredients. My mother is a good cook. She got her culinary skills from my grandmother. Right before she died. But anyway. I'm interested in that recipe. I want to share it with my mom." Sarah is very interested in the recipe.

10. - Top - End - #70

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    "No need to wake him," Thelia said, "we can arrange everything tomorrow. Maybe just, should he be awake before us and would like to leave, ask him to stay until we can talk with him."

She looked at the others.
    "And for me just the soup and then a nice bed," she added.
    "Sounds good to me." - Gunnar will eat and have some ale. If nothing else of importance happens, he will try to have a good night of sleep indoors, after being so long on the road.

11. - Top - End - #71

"I suppose I had to grow up fast on my own," Jeremi looks a bit crushed, as if remembering something horrific. "I'm sorry to hear about the roads. Is my family safe?"
    Extended Signature, Woo!

Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: Jeremi, Thelia, Gunnar and Sarah
    Show
    "I suppose I had to grow up fast on my own," Jeremi looks a bit crushed, as if remembering something horrific. "I'm sorry to hear about the roads. Is my family safe?"
    Sagar looks towards you these are tough times, but luckily you managed to keep on tracks, I am glad to see you. Regarding your family, they're all good. Do you want me to tell them that I saw you? While he is talking he is serving the soup to all of you than he disappears behind the counter and emerges with a small keg of ale and some mugs. well the soup is gonna get cold, eats and drinks its on the house then he tosses a bunch of keys on table rests well feel free to takes the room on the second floor, I will not charge you but please leave them clean and make the bed. the atmosphere around the table is joyful and one by one you are overwhelmed by tiredness and go to sleep to your rooms.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Ok thank you. Cleanliness is my speciality. Sarah is smiling.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: Alth
    Show
    you sleep deeply and it is early in the morning when you wake up, the Sun is rising over the horizon, you open the window and a cold breeze caress your face. From your window, you can see a cart parked next to the inn. A man is polishing a full plate armor like it is his most precious thing, you study him and judging from the size of the full plate there is no way that this man can fight in that you conclude he must be an esquire.
    you wash your face and go downstair, the Innkeeper has already finished making breakfast, you take a seat and he serves you bread, butter, milk jam, and ham.

Good Morning mister Alth, last night some adventurers have asked about you, they didn't wake up yet, and they have news for you, but they didn't tell me more
    in the meantime you see the esquire enters the place, he sits two tables next to you and he asks for breakfast, one of the waiters serves him his breakfast.

15. - Top - End - #75

ElfRangerGuy

In the morning, Thelia woke quite refreshed. While she didn't mind all that much sleeping outside, she much prefered sleeping in a real bed.
    After her morning prayers and preparing of her spells, she went downstairs for breakfast.

16. - Top - End - #76

HalflingRangerGuy

Gunnar wakes up and, for a moment, he does not recognize where he is. His mind rushing and confused, he looks around... It's clearly not the windowless rented room in Fireshear. He is on a bed, not a hammock, and the room is not swaying, so it's not the merchant ship, nor the pirate's ship... Not one of the warehouses of Luskan, nor the small room by the kitchen of the manor...

Then it all comes back to him. The southerner, the dungeon, the party, the books, the gold and the road. And the mauled corpses of the priests...

With a bad taste in his mouth, he rises, gets dressed and equipped and goes down to the tavern to eat something in a sour mood.
    Last edited by amanamana; 2019-07-21 at 11:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Sarah wakes up and looks for her team.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: Alth
    Show
    you didn't pay too much attention to the Esquire and decide to mind your business, you see approaching him an elf, a human and another elf, in this order all of them are sharing breakfast and some laugh from time to time they look into your direction but you are not sure if their eyes are for you or just checking the surroundings.

Spoiler: Gunnar, Thelia, Sarah
    Show
    you wake up, perform your morning rites (praying, washing or else) the bed was very comfortable and the room was clean, before leaving you clean your room perfectly Sagar would not be disappointed. Thelia is the first to wake up, when she is in the main all she notice Raziel at glance and join him for breakfast, five minutes later Gunnar made his appearance he notices you and decide to join the table, this morning he has a grumpy expression painted on his face. right after Gunnar Sarah wakes up and join you for breakfas. No news from Jeremi so far, it might be sleeping in his room you assume. While you are having breakfast all of you notice a gnome, not far from you having breakfast, his is not paying attention on what is around you , you notich he is slender and muscolar so he must train himself. your first thought is the following , He might be Alth ? the gnome you are looking for ?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Sarah notice the male muscular gnome. "Hello. Are you Alth by any chance?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Alth looks up at the person with the query, feeling a little relieved that he is finally able to do something.It was last I checked. Is it important to you? the gnome asks back. Despite the gruff content of the reply, he doesn't seem to be annoyed.
    Last edited by aviatorpenguin; 2019-07-24 at 02:40 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Yes we were looking all over for you. But I'm glad we found you. My name is Saradreza Despana which happen to be my Drow name but I prefer to be called Sarah Diamond because it's very easy to pronounce which my family and friends called me."

22. - Top - End - #82

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by aviatorpenguin View Post
    Alth looks up at the person with the query, feeling a little relieved that he is finally able to do something.It was last I checked. Is it important to you? the gnome asks back. Despite the gruff content of the reply, he doesn't seem to be annoyed.
    "Well... yeah." - The young and wiry looking human that is sitting with a slouch speaks from his table, breaking his silence - "I'd guess it's important to you too." - He sits more upright - "Would you join us? I'm afraid we have bad news for you, if you were acquainted with some clergy from the church of Tempus."

This young man has a forgettable face, framed by dark brown hair and a stubble, and is equipped with a mail hauberk and a buckler that does not show any signs of wear. A longsword and some javelins rest on top of his backpack, by his side.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"I'm debating if I want to contact my family and friends using my Message spell. I don't know if the range could reach that far." Sarah ponders if her Message spell is even worth contacting her family and friends.

24. - Top - End - #84

The door to the inn opens, and the pumas bound in; Jeremi closes the door behind them. "Hello everyone," he tells the party. He seems particularly cheery this morning. "What's going on?"
    Extended Signature, Woo!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

The door to the inn opens, and the pumas bound in; Jeremi closes the door behind them. "Hello everyone," he tells the party. He seems particularly cheery this morning. "What's going on?"
    "Where The Nine Hells have you been? I thought you were asleep. Anyway we found the gnome Alth." Sarah was angry at Jeremi but calm herself momentarily.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quickly deciding that the drow seems to be in charge, Alth directs his question towards her Who is this one? he asks, nodding to the latecomer
    Last edited by aviatorpenguin; 2019-07-24 at 11:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

ElfRangerGuy

While keeping an eye on Sarah and the gnome, Thelia went to the innkeeper.
    "We found a group of people from the order of Tempus yesterday," she said, "it looked as if they were ripped apart by wolves or other such creatures. While I don't know much about nature, I do know that wolves normally don't attack humans. Do you know any stories about other people who encountered such creatures?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    While keeping an eye on Sarah and the gnome, Thelia went to the innkeeper.
    "We found a group of people from the order of Tempus yesterday," she said, "it looked as if they were ripped apart by wolves or other such creatures. While I don't know much about nature, I do know that wolves normally don't attack humans. Do you know any stories about other people who encountered such creatures?"
    Jeremi Slams the door, he has a sweaty face, next to him the two pumas are panting Welcome back boy, did you finish to play with the cats already? says Sagar towards Jeremi, then he looks Thelia worried uhm... strange, it might be werewolves, was it full moon last night right? he asked Thelia.

In the meantime, the esquire moves towards Alth Glad to meet you! allow me to introduce myself, my name is Raziel and I am a Historian, well I do not want to bother you, so I will go with the short version of the story here it comes:
    We were looking for Tempus cleric's and we found them ... dead. We know that nearby a tournament will be held as far as we know you were supposed to join with them, but since their demise, you might want to join us we can pretend to be the Tempus company. we will split the prize equally and the glory, however among gold and gems there is a particular stone which I am strongly interested in what do you think

now Alth can take a better look to Raziel, he is human and his traits are not from these lands, he is wearing fine clothes suggesting that he might be rich, he has amber skin, brown hair not too long, he also has a beard and his face looks scruffy, he is carrying books written in a language that you can't understand, he looks frail and tired but somehow his smile is genuine

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Oohh gold and gems. I wonder what kind of gems are they?" Sarah is excited to heard Raziel mention the gold and gems.

30. - Top - End - #90

ElfRangerGuy

"From what I heard they looked like regular wolves," Thelia said, "and the bites were like that as well. You know of any werewolves in the vicinity?"

Thelia didn't really care about gems and stuff. Knowledge, that was something else, so if there were werewolves in the vicinity, it was Always good to know.