The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

Seeing the conversations all over the place, Gunnar just sits slouching again and goes back to silence.

Nonetheless, he keeps his attention on Sagar's answers and considerations.
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    "From what I heard they looked like regular wolves," Thelia said, "and the bites were like that as well. You know of any werewolves in the vicinity?"

Thelia didn't really care about gems and stuff. Knowledge, that was something else, so if there were werewolves in the vicinity, it was Always good to know.
    this forest sometimes are hunting grounds , tales and legends around here speaks about a werewolves tribes that moves north to south but no one ever see none before so this are only rumours. In particular circumstances werewolves may lead a pack of wolves , but nothing is sure these are just my guesses Sagar answer Thelia gently while he scratches his head

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Those people from the cult of Tempus won't be able to tell," Thelia said, "is there a temple of Tempus in the vicinity, so I can inform them what happened to their people?"
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #94

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    this forest sometimes are hunting grounds , tales and legends around here speaks about a werewolves tribes that moves north to south but no one ever see none before so this are only rumours. In particular circumstances werewolves may lead a pack of wolves , but nothing is sure these are just my guesses Sagar answer Thelia gently while he scratches his head
    Gunnar stands up and comes closer to Thelia and Sagar - "Werewolves, uh? This is troubling... And makes sense... From what we could infer from the evidence in the scene, that was not the work of regular animals... An odd behaviour, that could betray intelligence and cruelty."

Upon hearing Thelia's suggestion, Gunnar nods - "That would be appropriate." - Turning back to Sagar - "So... Uh... Any chance you would know some weaponsmith that works in alchemical silver?"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"I wish my quarterstaff was made of sliver." Sarah sighed realize that her quarterstaff is made of wood.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Alth ponders the proposal. Pretend? That seems, well, gray. I've myself no qualms with the idea, though I worry about any problems that may arise because of these actions. He looks around Wait, is this why you wanted to meet with me? The entire group of you, I mean. So you could enter the tournament?
    Last edited by aviatorpenguin; 2019-07-28 at 07:26 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97

Having gotten some food, Jeremi turns to Alth "I am with this group, since you asked" Sitting down, he continues, "We found a note about the tournament around the bodies, although that wasn't our goal on the way here."
    Extended Signature, Woo!

Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    Having gotten some food, Jeremi turns to Alth "I am with this group, since you asked" Sitting down, he continues, "We found a note about the tournament around the bodies, although that wasn't our goal on the way here."
    Then what was, if you don't mind my asking?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"I'm actually worried about the werewolves or lycans. I heard once a werewolf bit you, you'll become one of them but only happen in a full moon." Sarah was worried about the werewolves.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Raziel is studying the conversation, when he finds a spot to join the discussion and answers Alth well that wasn't our plan , but you, my friend if you are going to join the tournament without a party you will have a bad time, from my point of view this is a bit of luck for you, we are experienced adventurers and travelers and our motivation is strong. It's a win-win situation for both of us, why are you so concerned about this opportunity?

in the meantime Sagar takes some moments before answering Thelia well, around here Tempus is worshipped but mostly by Barbarian tribes which roam the area, every now and then you might find some shrines on the pathway, if you are looking for a temple of Tempus you might want to go to Luskan or Mirabar, I'm not sure in which city is, it is very noble from you to let the Tempus clergy be aware of the attack, if I can help my fellow Jeremi I can take the news for you he says with a smile, he looks very touched by your kindness.

Regarding the Alchemical Silver weapon young men, the perfect place to find them is Luskan or Mirabar but then again Tribes have their own Blacksmith and they are very good with forging weapons, they might have some Alchemical Silver in stock and then it will take time to forge a masterwork weapon for you.
    Last edited by Hugh_fromrome; 2019-07-28 at 10:44 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Raziel is studying the conversation, when he finds a spot to join the discussion and answers Alth well that wasn't our plan , but you, my friend if you are going to join the tournament without a party you will have a bad time, from my point of view this is a bit of luck for you, we are experienced adventurers and travellers and our motivation is strong. It's a win-win situation for both of us, why are you so concerned about this opportunity?

in the meantime Sagar takes some moments before answering Thelia well, around here Tempus is worshipped but mostly by Barbarian tribes which roam the area, every now and then you might find some shrines on the pathway, if you are looking for a temple of Tempus you might want to go to Luskan or Mirabar, I'm not sure in which city is, it is very noble from you to let the Tempus clergy be aware of the attack, if I can help my fellow Jeremi I can take the news for you he says with a smile, he looks very touched by your kindness.
    "Raziel is correct. We're a very well balanced team and it will be an easy win in this tournament. By the way, Raziel are you going to join us in this tournament?"

12. - Top - End - #102

HalflingRangerGuy

Upon hearing Raziel calling the group "experienced adventurers", Gunnar sounds surprised - "We are what now?"

As soon as Sagar mentions Mirabar, Gunnar is startled and his attention is fully on the innkeeper and Thelia - "What? No. No need to go to Mirabar... Too long of a trip... Not worth it. Maybe the tribes. I'd rather meet a blacksmith from the tribes... Yes, they are renowned weaponsmiths. - He fumbles for words, grasping at straws.

13. - Top - End - #103

ElfRangerGuy

Thelia had a feeling that Gunnar didn't want to go to Mirabar. She wasn't sure why, but she would not ask in a full inn. Maybe later. she was also a bit surprised at 'experienced adventurers', but she didn't correct anything right now.

"No need," she said to Sagar, "I'll see if there is a cleric at the tournament and tell there. Otherwise I'll write a letter and have that delivered. But thank you for the offer. Maybe if you could let the local law enforcement know about the werewolves, so they can be on their guard, that would be a good idea."

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"I guess I could write a letter to my friends and family another time."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Alth nods in agreement, agreeing that this plan is the best course of action

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

When Alth nods Raziel explode in a big and wide smile Welcome to our marvelous team, I was sure that I made you a good offer he looks in his backpack for a map, then he clears the table Gather around and let me check He mumbles and then he signs one point and he draws a line on his map
    Folks, we got two possibilities here, either we rent a boat and then we go upstream or we can find woads, cross the river and walk near the Lurkwood forest, let me know what do you think is best
    Last edited by Hugh_fromrome; 2019-07-30 at 04:14 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

When Alth nods Raziel explode in a big and wide smile Welcome to our marvellous team, I was sure that I made you a good offer he looks in his backpack for a map, then he clears the table Gather around and let me check He mumbles and then he signs one point and he draws a line on his map
    Folks, we got two possibilities here, either we rent a boat and then we go upstream or we can find woads, cross the river and walk near the Lurkwood forest, let me know what do you think is best
    "I say we rent a boat and go upstream. Also, you haven't answered my question, are you going to join the tournament with us?"

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    "I say we rent a boat and go upstream. Also, you haven't answered my question, are you going to join the tournament with us?"
    Of course, I would never let you alone in the pit, I would be up there among the crowd cheering you up guys, I will be your wingman, washing your clothes, prepare your banquet, writing you songs so legends could arise, someone has to do it, and I will take this huge responsibility Raziel answers to Sarah joyfully.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Of course, I would never let you alone in the pit, I would be up there among the crowd cheering you up guys, I will be your wingman, washing your clothes, prepare your banquet, writing you songs so legends could arise, someone has to do it, and I will take this huge responsibility Raziel answers to Sarah joyfully.
    "Well I'm happy that you'll support us for this tournament." Sarah smile at Raziel reply.

20. - Top - End - #110

ElfRangerGuy

Thelia sniggered at Raziel's response.
    "I don't know the region all that well," she said, "but aren't boats generally safer than roads. It's a lot less easy to ambush a boat, as far as I understand."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Thelia sniggered at Raziel's response.
    "I don't know the region all that well," she said, "but aren't boats generally safer than roads. It's a lot less easy to ambush a boat, as far as I understand."
    "Let me guess, you're not a boat person are you?" Sarah being stern to Thelia comments.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-07-30 at 01:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

ElfRangerGuy

"I have no idea," Thelia simply said, "I've never been on a boat. I would love to try it though."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"I have no idea," Thelia simply said, "I've never been on a boat. I would love to try it though."
    That's understandable. I love boats especially the fancy boats." Sarah smiled.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-07-30 at 03:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

HalflingRangerGuy

"Well..." - Gunnar started one of his long-winded considerations with a deep breath - "... As I understand it, our options are really subject to the weather. This is a river that runs between the mountains, and we may find rapids and whirlpools, specially if there are rains along the river... Even a flash flood, if there's significant rain close to the mountains... And that even if the weather seems clear where we are. As far as the information I have goes, there are lengths of the river without proper ports, like canyons and such. In those places, we won't be able to suddenly get out of the river, barring flight or teleportation magic..."

"The Lurkwood, on the other hand, is an easier way to move, but its inhabitants may cause trouble... Orcs, lycanthropes and giants, for starters. By land, we would have to be cautious and stealthy..."

He looks at each one of his companions, ending with the new one, Alth - "I mean... They would not call it adventure if there were easy ways." - He shrugs.

"That being said, if we don't have any troubling weather forecast, I think we should try the river... But I would advise against heavier armors on board."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by amanamana View Post
    "Well..." - Gunnar started one of his long-winded considerations with a deep breath - "... As I understand it, our options are really subject to the weather. This is a river that runs between the mountains, and we may find rapids and whirlpools, especially if there are rains along the river... Even a flash flood, if there's significant rain close to the mountains... And that even if the weather seems clear where we are. As far as the information I have goes, there are lengths of the river without proper ports, like canyons and such. In those places, we won't be able to suddenly get out of the river, barring flight or teleportation magic..."

"The Lurkwood, on the other hand, is an easier way to move, but its inhabitants may cause trouble... Orcs, lycanthropes and giants, for starters. By land, we would have to be cautious and stealthy..."

He looks at each one of his companions, ending with the new one, Alth - "I mean... They would not call it to adventure if there were easy ways." - He shrugs.

"That being said, if we don't have any troubling weather forecast, I think we should try the river... But I would advise against heavier armours on board."
    The river is our best bet. It'll be great to be on a boat again. I feel like there's going to be a nostalgic flashback for me and my family on my family boat." Sarah smiles as she remembers great memories that she was on a boat with her family.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-07-30 at 03:21 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Alth is a little taken aback by the reaction from the Esquire, and just keeps silent while everyone else speaks

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"So Raziel when are we going to leave here to get to the boat?"
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-07-30 at 04:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Well if we need to be aware of the weather I would like to know what kind of weather is going to be, anyway whenever you are ready I am ready to leave this place Says Raziel a bit concerned for the weather.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well if we need to be aware of the weather I would like to know what kind of weather is going to be, anyway whenever you are ready I am ready to leave this place Says Raziel a bit concerned for the weather.
    "I'm ready to leave here. I don't know about the rest but I want to be in the boat and see the beautiful ocean." Sarah smiled.

30. - Top - End - #120

ElfRangerGuy

"It was going to be on a river, not the ocean," Thelia said to the Drow, "if we see the ocean, we went the wrong way. As to leaving, I just need to finish my breakfast, get my stuff and I'm good to go."