The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    "Mister what's your name if you don't mind me asking also you haven't answered my other question, is there more to the story about the upstream than what you're telling us? It would be very appreciated to us if you answer honestly." Sarah is starting to get a little annoyed when the old man didn't answer her question.

Spoiler: Sarah's Sense Motive Skill Check
    Show
    [roll0]
    "Hey!" - Gunnar gets between the drow and the old man - "Chill out, Sarah. We're not the guards nor in service to the law here. We have no right to interrogate anyone. If you want to ask questions, do it politely." - He tries not to get angry or overreact, but he can not fathom her behavior at all - "He has no obligation to answer your queries... We are guests in this town."

Gunnar can't shake the notion that this drow must be somekind of noble between her people. She bosses people around like the lords and ladies that he grew up serving.
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

Quote Originally Posted by amanamana View Post
    "Hey!" - Gunnar gets between the drow and the old man - "Chill out, Sarah. We're not the guards nor in service to the law here. We have no right to interrogate anyone. If you want to ask questions, do it politely." - He tries not to get angry or overreact, but he can not fathom her behaviour at all - "He has no obligation to answer your queries... We are guests in this town."

Gunnar can't shake the notion that this drow must be some kind of noble between her people. She bosses people around like the lords and ladies that he grew up serving.
    "I was asking a simple question that all. No need to get upset about it. If he doesn't want to answer that fine by me." Sarah starting to think that she couldn't trust Gunnar.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Thelia looked at the material, trying to see what she could repair with her spell.
    "Please, I can only repair it tomorrow morning," she said to the people showing equipment, "I have first to prepare the necessary spell."

Then she turned to Sarah and Gunnar
    "We won't win anything with bickering," she said to them.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    Thelia looked at the material, trying to see what she could repair with her spell.
    "Please, I can only repair it tomorrow morning," she said to the people showing equipment, "I have first to prepare the necessary spell."

Then she turned to Sarah and Gunnar
    "We won't win anything with bickering," she said to them.
    "Ok Thelia. If you want any assistance I can also help you repair the boats." Sarah is smiling again.

5. - Top - End - #155

ElfRangerGuy

"You know how to repair boats," Thelia asked. For some reason, she didn't thought the drow had that kind of training, but Conath had Always said that people had a way of surprising you.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"You know how to repair boats," Thelia asked. For some reason, she didn't thought the drow had that kind of training, but Conath had Always said that people had a way of surprising you.
    "Just one Mending spell and it'll be a snap." Sarah winks at Thelia.

7. - Top - End - #157

ElfRangerGuy

"Mending can't repair boats," Thelia said, "at least that's what they told me. Only smaller stuff. Well, I can only do it tomorrow as I have to prepare, but if you could prepare as many as you can, that would certainly be a help. Then we can do the repairs early in the morning before we leave. I don't think we can leave tonight anyway."
    Last edited by farothel; 2019-08-14 at 12:52 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Mending can't repair boats," Thelia said, "at least that's what they told me. Only smaller stuff. Well, I can only do it tomorrow as I have to prepare, but if you could prepare as many as you can, that would certainly be a help. Then we can do the repairs early in the morning before we leave. I don't think we can leave tonight anyway."
    "Well I can do as much as I can to assist you Thelia."

9. - Top - End - #159

HalflingRangerGuy

"If we're staying up until tomorrow and doing this, I can try to help too..." - Gunnar shrugs.

Turning to the old man - "So, mister... No other boats around but the fishermen's? Do you have any idea how long it would take to make the travel upstream the River Mirar on one of them fishing boats?"

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Gunnar my apologies for being aggressive earlier. I still have this Drow habit inside of me."

11. - Top - End - #161

HalflingRangerGuy

"Gunnar my apologies for being aggressive earlier. I still have this Drow habit inside of me."
    "It's all good..." - He sighs - "I'm not very good at this... bonding thing... I overthink things a lot. Sorry if I overreacted... I can't even tell, most of the times."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"It's all good..." - He sighs - "I'm not very good at this... bonding thing... I overthink things a lot. Sorry if I overreacted... I can't even tell, most of the times."
    "Don't worry about it. Unlike my race (with the exception of my friends and family who's also Drow) I'm very forgiving and I accept your apology."

13. - Top - End - #163

ElfRangerGuy

At least that was solved, Thelia thought, then turning back to the old guy.
    "While I can't mend anything today as I haven't prepared the right spells," she explained, "I could however see if I can help people with health problems. As cleric of Labelas Enoreth I know something about healing."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"I guess I could look around in this town to eat some healthy snacks or I could write a letter to my friends and family. Hmmm..decisions." Sarah was just wondering what she'll do while she here in this town.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

"If we're staying up until tomorrow and doing this, I can try to help too..." - Gunnar shrugs.

Turning to the old man - "So, mister... No other boats around but the fishermen's? Do you have any idea how long it would take to make the travel upstream the River Mirar on one of them fishing boats?"

The Elder one looking towards Gunnar Usually the upstream journey will take less than three days but this depends if the weather is bad or the stream is too strong it might take some times. we can't offer to much but a shelter and good fish soup is always a good way to quench your stomach. By the way, Tore is my name and here I am the eldest and my wisdom lead the village
    with these words, he greets you one by one. Thelia finds out that she can help some relief some pain from the folks there is no particular need for anything different from your skills, which are more than enough to help them. The Small village is grateful for four your help.

The night falls on the village, slowly all the fisherman come back to the small dock. Tore gave to you keys of one empty house, it is not too much but it has been cleaned up and all the beds have been prepared for you. You Enjoy your dinner and some local stories provided by Tore, he used to be an Illmatari he joined the Broken Ones and a very respected one but slowly the old age starts to take its toll on him and his body.

Before going to bed Raziel ask Tore if he can borrows some carpenter's tool, Tore agrees without asking any question, all of you notice a spark of creativity in Raziel eyes and before going to bed you go and check on Raziel works. with your surprise, he is trying to realize and improved fishing hooks and improved Crab traps, he is following a blueprint designed by him.

16. - Top - End - #166

ElfRangerGuy

"Nice," Thelia said when she noticed the improved traps, "and pretty clever to come up with that so quickly. Hopefully they will provide us with a boat in exchange for my healing, my and Sarah's mending and your improvements."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Fascniating with the hooks and traps. I agree with Thelia. We'll be able to get this boat in a jiffy. Or as in my language of my race:" Sarah spoke in common.

"It's a snap." Sarah uses Drow Sign Language to communicate.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-08-15 at 04:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

Jeremy has taken the afternoon to check up anyone he known in the village, and to ask after his family in the area. "I've picked up a bit of my own healing during the last few weeks in Fireshear. I can help with that as well."

Seeing Sarah's use of DSL, Jeremi is intrigued. "So that lets you speak without needing the other person to hear you?"
    Extended Signature, Woo!

Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    Jeremy has taken the afternoon to check up anyone he known in the village, and to ask after his family in the area. "I've picked up a bit of my own healing during the last few weeks in Fireshear. I can help with that as well."

Seeing Sarah's use of DSL, Jeremi is intrigued. "So that lets you speak without needing the other person to hear you?"
    "I'm sorry if some people don't understand my language. In my Drow Sign Language it means It's a snap."

20. - Top - End - #170

ElfRangerGuy

"I don't think many people know that here," Thelia said as she selected a bed and put her backpack next to it, "in any case, I'm off to bed. We're probably going to have a full day tomorrow."

21. - Top - End - #171

HalflingRangerGuy

Gunnar stays up late, sitting outside the house, thinking and avoiding company. Later, he silently enters the house and goes to sleep.

The next morning, he stays around for any help he might be able to give, but watches closely the spellcasting by his companions, making mental notes. His mind works around the gestures, the words of power and the eventual holy symbols and material components, to focus on the magical energy flow and the alterations on the material world brought by that energy. His memory goes back to brief lessons of when he was in his early teens on wizardry and sorcery that were half-forgotten. In his mind, something clicks.

With a half-smile, he goes back to the house and takes his journal to add some notes to previous writings.

22. - Top - End - #172

"I'm sorry if some people don't understand my language. In my Drow Sign Language it means It's a snap."
    "Would it be possible for me to learn it?"

After getting a reply, Jeremi tunes his instrument and turns in for the night.
    Extended Signature, Woo!

Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    "Would it be possible for me to learn it?"

After getting a reply, Jeremi tunes his instrument and turns in for the night.
    "If you a were a Drow, the language will be very easy to learn. For non-Drow races, it will be a little difficult to learn the Drow Sign Language because not all races don't speak the Drow Sign Language."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Sun is rising on the village, the night passes safely and all of you wake up fully restored, Thelia is the first one to get up and prepare for this day, right after her Sarah emerges from her bed and starts preparation for the rituals. After her prayer, all is set to cast the spells. All the fishing equipment has been arranged on the ground ready to be repaired. when all of you have arrived Thelia and Sarah start casting spells. All the village is astonished by your capabilities, all of them are amazed by you when the spells have been casted a silence fell on you only to be interrupted by joyful noises and applause.

well done heroes says one of the villagers Illmater send his help, praised be the broken one says another one. Tore is smiling and you can notice her face be relieved.

and now we will give this gifts to this wonderful village says Raziel showing his marvelous creations, at first the crowd is curious and skeptical but after a very practical explanation the morale changes to optimism

I can't say enough how much we appreciate your actions, you can take any boat you like says Tore cheerfully.

Without hesitation you salute everyone in the village and decide to leave, you choose the best boat, load all of your belongings and set sail. Only one thing is left to do Gunnar looks up the sky to get clues for the upcoming weather.

Spoiler: Weather forecast
    Show
    please rolls your checks for this

As promised

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Bye everybody! I'm so glad they're still good people in the world, unlike other certain ungrateful people which I don't want to mention." Sarah smiles very hard not to show her anger by past experience socializing other people.

26. - Top - End - #176

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    Sun is rising on the village, the night passes safely and all of you wake up fully restored, Thelia is the first one to get up and prepare for this day, right after her Sarah emerges from her bed and starts preparation for the rituals. After her prayer, all is set to cast the spells. All the fishing equipment has been arranged on the ground ready to be repaired. when all of you have arrived Thelia and Sarah start casting spells. All the village is astonished by your capabilities, all of them are amazed by you when the spells have been casted a silence fell on you only to be interrupted by joyful noises and applause.

well done heroes says one of the villagers Illmater send his help, praised be the broken one says another one. Tore is smiling and you can notice her face be relieved.

and now we will give this gifts to this wonderful village says Raziel showing his marvelous creations, at first the crowd is curious and skeptical but after a very practical explanation the morale changes to optimism

I can't say enough how much we appreciate your actions, you can take any boat you like says Tore cheerfully.

Without hesitation you salute everyone in the village and decide to leave, you choose the best boat, load all of your belongings and set sail. Only one thing is left to do Gunnar looks up the sky to get clues for the upcoming weather.

Spoiler: Weather forecast
    Show
    please rolls your checks for this

As promised
    "Well, let's see if Tymora and Eldath will shelter us from the rage of Talos." - Gunnar stands at the ship's bow, to get a better view, as soon as they hit the water.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    As mentioned before in the OoC thread, Gunnar will check Survival each day to assess the weather as the party goes. The difficulty is 15 and, with the +3 from the research from the last chapter, plus the +2 from Cunning Knowledge (he can use it 1/day for each skill, but this check is good for 24h anyway), he can take 10 for a net 16, avoiding the necessity for an actual roll, making it just part of the voyage.

27. - Top - End - #177

ElfRangerGuy

"I hope someone knows how to operate a boat," Thelia said as she looked around. She hadn't put on her armour that morning. She knew one thing about water and that was that trying to get out of your armour while sitting on the bottom of a river or lake was not an easy task.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"I hope we won't encounter a river monster." Sarah was grinning and making a joke.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

You get on the boat open the small sail and then catch the right wind to go upstream, the river is really calm and slow today, there is not so much strength in its current, with the right wind is easy to go upstream. the weather for the day would be in your favor. Raziel is tired so he fell asleep in the boat.

the morning pass quietly you can see the quiet forest near the shore and the road along the other side of the river. from time to time you can see fishes swim near the boat Jeremi is playing a quiet tone, while Thelia is reading and Sarah is enjoying the landscape. Gunnar and Jeremi are sailing the ship, with this weather for both of them is easy

in the evening you decide to take the boat ashore and start to make camp.

Spoiler: check
    Show
    disguise in order to disguise the ship and your camp

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Wonderful view. I wonder if I spot a mermaid or a river monster there."

Sarah was looking at the river if there any river creature there.

Spoiler: Sarah's Spot And Listen Skill Check
    Show
    Spot: (1d20)[7]

Listen: (1d20)[6]