The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 338
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    "From what I remember correctly. Driders, Mind Flayers, Duergars (Evil dwarves.), Orcs, Kobolds, Earth elementals and that about it."
    "Oddly, I've mostly heard monster stories about your folk," Jeremi notes. "Although they don't seem to have been very accurate," he adds, quickly.

    Quote Originally Posted by amanamana View Post

    "Keeping up with our previous arrangements, why don't I start the first watch... Maybe with Thelia? This way, Sarah can get the monsters out of her mind and trance a little."
    - He looks at the others - "Let's keep one of our elven friends paired with we humans and gnome like last time. Decide between yourselves who will I wake up next, please."
    "Same arrangements until something changes, I suppose," Jeremi notes. He then turns to the gnome. "I think you're most of the change right now. How well can you see in the dark?"
    Extended Signature, Woo!

    Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by amanamana View Post

    "Keeping up with our previous arrangements, why don't I start the first watch... Maybe with Thelia? This way, Sarah can get the monsters out of her mind and trance a little."
    - He looks at the others - "Let's keep one of our elven friends paired with we humans and gnome like last time. Decide between yourselves who will I wake up next, please."
    "Ok that sounds like a very reasonable idea. Ohh...by the great Boccob. I still remember my older brother wore that Drider costume to scare me." Sarah shudders a bit as she remember the horrific childhood memories of her older brother scare her with the Drider costume.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Thelia took some rations for her evening meal and then did a little tour around the campsite to check things out, so she knew how it looked around the campsite.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    "Oddly, I've mostly heard monster stories about your folk," Jeremi notes. "Although they don't seem to have been very accurate," he adds, quickly.



    "Same arrangements until something changes, I suppose," Jeremi notes. He then turns to the gnome. "I think you're most of the change right now. How well can you see in the dark?"
    "Yes Jeremi. My parents even mention my race is being evil and did so much stupid stuff back in the day. I'm not really proud of what my race did an I'll apologize for that. Although that is some good Drow out there. Which is pretty rare. The only good grows that I know is myself, my family and friends, back home."
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-09-19 at 11:06 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    Spoiler: @ Gunnar, Thelia, Sarah and Jeremi
    Show






    You decide to set camp on the hill, it took you one hour to find a suitable spot to make camp hidden from any external menace. You gather some woods to burn and with some ration you eat supper, Sarah took her time to check if there is no menace around you, luckily the rain has put all the beasts in their lairs, Jeremi is cheering you up with a story and some jokes, the atmosphere is joyful and relaxed when you have finished supper you decide who will go first for the night's watch.

    Spoiler: watch order:
    Show
    please decide your watch order


    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show
    It is not too long that you have left Mirabar looking for answers, there are rumors that Barbarian Tribes gather in the Khedrum Valley to hold a tournament, it is known that these tribes are loyal to Uthgard and Tempus, or at least this is what your mentor told you. Fascinated by his Tales regarding this kind of martial tournament you are eager to join the tournament, however, you have no information regarding the exact location and it has been one month of lonely striding into the forest, you have survived thanks to your skills. You decide to follow the river Mirar and here you notice an empty fishing boat going with the flow, the gentle stream is carrying the boat towards Mirabar, what strikes you is the fact that there is no one on the boat, you follow it with your eyes, you notice black clouds in the horizon, you study the weather and then decide to keep moving. After some times a Thunder announce that it is time to stop for today, you find shelter inside an hollow tree. It rains te whole night and the next morning, when it stops you resume your journey. it is sunset when you arrive on a hill, below you the green plains of the Valley and near the horizon you can see a small cluster of tents, it is not so far, within six hours you should be able to reach the place, but this mean travel during the night.

    Spoiler: Check : Survival and Spot
    Show
    Please roll Survival and Spot Check, if you need any help on how to roll your dice is [roll]1dX[/roll]
    After the long days of travel, Morgran is eager to finding the Khedrum Valley and participating in the tournament. Seeing a set of tents, he thinks it is a good opportunity to gather information. "I think it's better to travel at night and reach them at first light" - he tells himself. As Morgran quickens his pace, his mind goes back to the fishing boat who was going with the river flow and he wonders why someone would waste a good boat.

    Spoiler: Check: Survival and Spot
    Show
    Survival(+5):(1d20+5)[9] Spot(+1): (1d20+1)[4]

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Well I'm going to trance a little bit just to keep the scary monsters off my mind."

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    "Yes Jeremi. My parents even mention my race is being evil and did so much stupid stuff back in the day. I'm not really proud of what my race did an I'll apologize for that. Although that is some good Drow out there. Which is pretty rare. The only good grows that I know is myself, my family and friends, back home."
    "Still, I'd rather not tar your family and friends with the same brush." Jeremi begins a slow, relaxing melody, to help sarah take her mind off the monsters, and himself relax.

    Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Performance (String Instruments): (1d20+10)[30]
    Extended Signature, Woo!

    Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Very nice," Thelia said as she came back from her tour around the camp and heard Jeremi play. He was clearly very talented, while she could hum a bit with the hymns they did during services and that was it.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    After the music ends, Gunnar stands there in silence for a while, enthralled, hardly breathing. A few moments later, he exhales, saying in a hushed voice, trying not to startle Sarah - "By the flaming harp of Milil, man... That was a marvellous melody, if I ever heard one... You may want to tone it down a bit though. I've heard of fey that would take away musicians who played such as you in forests and woods to sing and play at their courts... And we need all the help we can get on our quest." - He ends this with a silly grin.
    Last edited by amanamana; 2019-09-22 at 09:01 AM.
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "I'm very calm now. I'm not thinking about monsters anyway. That melody helps me a lot. Thank you, Jeremi." Sarah is calm now and she no longer thinking about monster anymore.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    @ Morgran

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbarakaja View Post
    After the long days of travel, Morgran is eager to finding the Khedrum Valley and participating in the tournament. Seeing a set of tents, he thinks it is a good opportunity to gather information. "I think it's better to travel at night and reach them at first light" - he tells himself. As Morgran quickens his pace, his mind goes back to the fishing boat who was going with the river flow and he wonders why someone would waste a good boat.

    Spoiler: Check: Survival and Spot
    Show
    Survival(+5):[roll0] Spot(+1): [roll1]
    You resume your journey, the night is growing and slowly the stars rise, there is no full moon tonight, and it is easy to see the stars there are no clouds to shroud the sky. After a couple of hours, you realize that you are no longer on the path but you are wandering into the wilderness, judging from your sense of direction you are heading the right way. It is around the second hour of the night that you stop in a small plateau, you notice from the distance a rock in the middle of the the plateau. The breeze moves the grass carpet beneath you, and the light of the moon illuminates the rock which is in fact a massive Stag caracass lying on the ground, you get closer and judging from the body temperature it was killed recently. You stand up, take your weapon and look around if there is a prey, there must be predators around! from the woods two wolves emerge and now you notice one behind you and two on your flanks. the wolves studies you, the bigger stays behind another wolf which walk slowly towards you, on your sides right and left you have one wolf for each side and there is another behind you. the three wolves start to walk in circles keeping a distance from you, only one wolf walking towards you while the bigger keeps the distance with you and start howling

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Please roll initiative





    @ Sarah Jeremi, Gunnar, and Thelia

    Spoiler
    Show
    You are still discussing around the fire and preparing for the shifts, not far from you you hear rumors of running, Thelia and Sarah are able to glance to a massive stag running through the wilderness behind you, it is followed by something swift. This is the wilderness hunt, chasing and to be chased. When Jeremi conclude is divine melody, your relax is interrupted by a distant crying, you concentrate your ears toward the sound these are howlings coming from the same beast, not more than a hundred meters away from your camp.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Skills check : Knowldege nature, Listen and Survival check
    Last edited by Hugh_fromrome; 2019-09-23 at 03:19 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "What was that?!" Sarah was startled. So she tried to listen and get a closer look.

    Spoiler: Sarah's Listen And Spot Skill Check
    Show
    Listen: (1d20)[10]

    Spot: (1d20)[11]

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    As she had first watch, Thelia had kept her armour on. When she heard the noise and then the howl, she looked up towards the sound, while she grabbed her staff harder. She hadn't forgotten the tales of werewolves they had heard before they reached the city.

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

    knowledge(nature): (1d20+4)[7]
    survival: (1d20+4)[8]
    listen: (1d20+4)[17]
    spot: (1d20+4)[11]
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    @ Morgran

    Spoiler
    Show


    You resume your journey, the night is growing and slowly the stars rise, there is no full moon tonight, and it is easy to see the stars there are no clouds to shroud the sky. After a couple of hours, you realize that you are no longer on the path but you are wandering into the wilderness, judging from your sense of direction you are heading the right way. It is around the second hour of the night that you stop in a small plateau, you notice from the distance a rock in the middle of the the plateau. The breeze moves the grass carpet beneath you, and the light of the moon illuminates the rock which is in fact a massive Stag caracass lying on the ground, you get closer and judging from the body temperature it was killed recently. You stand up, take your weapon and look around if there is a prey, there must be predators around! from the woods two wolves emerge and now you notice one behind you and two on your flanks. the wolves studies you, the bigger stays behind another wolf which walk slowly towards you, on your sides right and left you have one wolf for each side and there is another behind you. the three wolves start to walk in circles keeping a distance from you, only one wolf walking towards you while the bigger keeps the distance with you and start howling

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Please roll initiative





    @ Sarah Jeremi, Gunnar, and Thelia

    Spoiler
    Show
    You are still discussing around the fire and preparing for the shifts, not far from you you hear rumors of running, Thelia and Sarah are able to glance to a massive stag running through the wilderness behind you, it is followed by something swift. This is the wilderness hunt, chasing and to be chased. When Jeremi conclude is divine melody, your relax is interrupted by a distant crying, you concentrate your ears toward the sound these are howlings coming from the same beast, not more than a hundred meters away from your camp.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Skills check : Knowldege nature, Listen and Survival check
    "Crap, traveling at night may not have been the best decision" - Morgran tells himself as he grabs his shield and wields his axe - "That Haela guide me".
    Spoiler: check: initiative
    Show
    Initiative (+1): (1d20+1)[6]

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "What in the Nine Hells was that?"

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Survival (with research bonus) +4:
    (1d20+4)[14]

    Knowledge (Nature) +5:
    (1d20+5)[12]

    Listen +0:
    (1d20+0)[5]
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show

    The wolf is quicker than you and it runs fast towards you, luckily your instincts saves you from the wolf bites you manage to use your weapon to deflect the attacker which lands not far away from you, you have now the chance to fought back while all the other wolves are still walking in circles or just stare at you for your next move.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mbarakaja View Post
    "Crap, traveling at night may not have been the best decision" - Morgran tells himself as he grabs his shield and wields his axe - "That Haela guide me".
    Spoiler: check: initiative
    Show
    Initiative (+1): [roll0]


    Spoiler: Thelia, Gunnar Sara and Jeremi
    Show


    Thelia hear some noises in the distance, like a distant rambling, while Gunnar identifies the howling as the Alpha wolf crying for help, as Gunnar remember when a large pack goes for hunting usually it splits into two or three subgroups, only the Alpha wolf is able to cry for the whole pack to gather, this happens when the pack face a difficult foe or when the Alpha male life is at stake. Unfortunately, Jeremi and Sarah are not able to hear anything in particular
    Last edited by Hugh_fromrome; 2019-09-25 at 03:57 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Can anyone find out what it is?" Sarah wondering what is that sound.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Sounds like a wolf pack hunting..." - Gunnar rises from his seat - "I think that was an alpha male calling the rest of the pack..." - He retrieves a javelin from its quiver - "They either are closing in for the kill or the alpha is feeling threatened. That sounded awfully close to our camp. Better we stay ready for trouble, people."
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by amanamana View Post
    "Sounds like a wolf pack hunting..." - Gunnar rises from his seat - "I think that was an alpha male calling the rest of the pack..." - He retrieves a javelin from its quiver - "They either are closing in for the kill or the alpha is feeling threatened. That sounded awfully close to our camp. Better we stay ready for trouble, people."
    "Wolves are nothing. Ha. They're definitely not monsters."

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Maybe, but I heard something else," Thelia said, taking her staff and starting towards the sounds, "I'm going to have a look. You guys coming?"
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    "Maybe, but I heard something else," Thelia said, taking her staff and starting towards the sounds, "I'm going to have a look. You guys coming?"
    "I'm coming."

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Let's go, then." - Before leaving, Gunnar retrieves one of the two torches that are sticking out of his backpack by his feet. Walking by the campfire, he lights the torch quickly, barely stoping. With a javelin on his right hand and a torch on the left, he walks up to Thelia and speaks in a hushed tone - "Lead the way."
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Sure," Thelia said as she started towards the sounds she had heard. She hoped it wouldn't be too much trouble. Of course, normally wolves didn't attack humans, but if these were not normal wolves… She stopped that line of thought and moved on through the forest, keeping her ears and eyes wide open and looking around for nasty surprises, but soon she was thinking again about what they were probably going to face. It might be a nice thing to describe for the temple.

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

    I'll do a listen and spot check. As she has the absent-minded trait, this is a good way to roleplay it out.
    spot: (1d20+4)[8]
    listen: (1d20+4)[20]
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show

    The wolf is quicker than you and it runs fast towards you, luckily your instincts saves you from the wolf bites you manage to use your weapon to deflect the attacker which lands not far away from you, you have now the chance to fought back while all the other wolves are still walking in circles or just stare at you for your next move.





    Spoiler: Thelia, Gunnar Sara and Jeremi
    Show

    Thelia hear some noises in the distance, like a distant rambling, while Gunnar identifies the howling as the Alpha wolf crying for help, as Gunnar remember when a large pack goes for hunting usually it splits into two or three subgroups, only the Alpha wolf is able to cry for the whole pack to gather, this happens when the pack face a difficult foe or when the Alpha male life is at stake. Unfortunately, Jeremi and Sarah are not able to hear anything in particular
    Morgran moves to strike the wolf that attacked him, testing the strength of his enemy.
    Spoiler: attack check
    Show
    attack(+6): (1d20+6)[13] \ Critical check(20): (1d20+6)[13] / Damage(1d10+3): (1d10+3)[7] / Critical Damage(x3): (3d10+9)[24]
    Last edited by Mbarakaja; 2019-09-28 at 11:26 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbarakaja View Post
    Morgran moves to strike the wolf that attacked him, testing the strength of his enemy.
    Spoiler: attack check
    Show
    attack(+6): [roll0] \ Critical check(20): [roll1] / Damage(1d10+3): [roll2] / Critical Damage(x3): [roll3]
    the wolf if fast enough to dodge your blow, with its reflex it ducks and avoid your mighty blow. The ferocious beast reacts at your hit with a bite luckily for you manage to deflect it with your weapon. you feel ready to hit the foe


    Spoiler: @Thelia , Gunnar, Sara and Jeremi
    Show
    you start walking towards the distant sound, the more you move in its direction, the more it grows, likes a distant battle, judging from the noises it shouldn't be more than a hundred meters in front of you. The Howling is also growing.
    Last edited by Hugh_fromrome; 2019-09-30 at 04:10 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "I think we should sprint into action. That person might need some help."
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-09-30 at 09:29 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "You heard people? I just heard the wolves. The pack must be attacking someone, then... Probably some traveler." - Gunnar picks up the pace - "Let's go all together, at the same speed, to avoid being singled out and overwhelmed." - The young man holds his torch in front of him and runs ready to throw his javelin at the first sign of trouble.
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by amanamana View Post
    "You heard people? I just heard the wolves. The pack must be attacking someone, then... Probably some traveler." - Gunnar picks up the pace - "Let's go all together, at the same speed, to avoid being singled out and overwhelmed." - The young man holds his torch in front of him and runs ready to throw his javelin at the first sign of trouble.
    "Where wolves always finds it prey they mostly attack people or animals. So I assume it's pretty obvious. And to answer your question no but I do have a gut feeling that the wolves attacking people but I could be wrong."

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "I heard the sound of battle," Thelia said as she too picked up the pace. She was also wondering what was going on, as wolves normally didn't attack people. Well, first see what was going on, then figure out the why and the what and the how and so on.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Then I suggest we should run for it and see what it is. All this guessing is leaving me in suspense."
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-10-02 at 11:13 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •