The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 329
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Good idea," Thelia said as she started to run, at least as fast as her armour would allow. She also hoped it wouldn't be too far, as long distance running had never been her strong point.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Sarah is running and following Thelia.

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show


    the wolf if fast enough to dodge your blow, with its reflex it ducks and avoid your mighty blow. The ferocious beast reacts at your hit with a bite luckily for you manage to deflect it with your weapon. you feel ready to hit the foe


    Spoiler: @Thelia , Gunnar, Sara and Jeremi
    Show
    you start walking towards the distant sound, the more you move in its direction, the more it grows, likes a distant battle, judging from the noises it shouldn't be more than a hundred meters in front of you. The Howling is also growing.
    Obstinately, Morgran tries to hit the wolf again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack(+6): (1d20+6) (1d20+6)[19] \ Critical check(20): [ROLL]1d20+6[/ROLL] \ Damage(1d10+3): (1d10+3)[13] / Critical Damage(x3): (3d10+9)(3d10+9)[32]
    Last edited by Mbarakaja; 2019-10-04 at 09:17 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show


    You prepare your stance with precision, the wolf jump towards you, his mouth wide open and blood in his eyes. You hold your grip on your weapon and in a blink of an eye you cut in two pieces the wolf. The beast emits a broken cry. and you can feel its warm blood soaking your armor, your hair and your beard. The bigger wolf has his eyes on you, while the two wolf which was flanking you decide to attack you.

    you manage to dodge the wolf coming from your right, while for the wolf on your left you are too slow and he manages to land a bite on your calves, luckily your armor protects you from very serious damage.

    Now you have two opponents against one, even though you feel the odds against you, you would never back down from a challenge, you catch your breath and react

    Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    you took 3 damages




    Spoiler: Sarah, Thelia, Gunnar, and Jeremi
    Show
    all of you start to run towards the noises which intensify. you ran as fast as you can, after a while, you can see wolf attacking something, two of them are on the creature in the middle, while there are more coming

    Spoiler: Low light Vision
    Show
    you see a dwarf in the middle, two wolves laying on the ground dead and a big wolf observing the situation and dark vision


    Spoiler: check
    Show
    Spot check only for Sarah and Thelia with -5 since you are running

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "I think we're getting closer on whatever it is. Keep running everyone." Sarah is continued to run on whatever so she'll have a closer look.

    Spoiler: Sarah's Spot Check
    Show
    Spot: (1d20-5)[0]

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show


    You prepare your stance with precision, the wolf jump towards you, his mouth wide open and blood in his eyes. You hold your grip on your weapon and in a blink of an eye you cut in two pieces the wolf. The beast emits a broken cry. and you can feel its warm blood soaking your armor, your hair and your beard. The bigger wolf has his eyes on you, while the two wolf which was flanking you decide to attack you.

    you manage to dodge the wolf coming from your right, while for the wolf on your left you are too slow and he manages to land a bite on your calves, luckily your armor protects you from very serious damage.

    Now you have two opponents against one, even though you feel the odds against you, you would never back down from a challenge, you catch your breath and react

    Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    you took 3 damages




    Spoiler: Sarah, Thelia, Gunnar, and Jeremi
    Show
    all of you start to run towards the noises which intensify. you ran as fast as you can, after a while, you can see wolf attacking something, two of them are on the creature in the middle, while there are more coming

    Spoiler: Low light Vision
    Show
    you see a dwarf in the middle, two wolves laying on the ground dead and a big wolf observing the situation and dark vision


    Spoiler: check
    Show
    Spot check only for Sarah and Thelia with -5 since you are running
    Morgran feels the warm blood of the wolf dripping down his face and the sharp pain in his calf. So he takes 5-foot step trying to get out of the flanking while he spins his axe to hit another wolf.
    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Attack (+6): (1d20+6)[10] \ Critical check(20): (1d20+6)[26] \ Damage(1d10+3): (1d10+3)[13] / Critical Damage(x3): (3d10+9)[22]
    Last edited by Mbarakaja; 2019-10-07 at 08:15 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Gunnar keeps the pace, trying not to outrun Thelia, who is in heavier armor and slower. He can hear something now and takes the front of the group, two paces ahead of the frailer elves, but not more.

    He holds the torch in front of him, hoping to see something and that the fire will make any beasts to hesitate. His breathing is heavy with tension.
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Arriving at the clearing Thelia saw the wolves. 'Just great,' she thought as she went into a combat stance.

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

    I'll start with a initiative roll as I assume it will be important soon enough: (1d20+6)[25]
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show


    you try to hit the wolf unsuccessfully, they both react at your attack they coordinate badly their timing and you managed to avoid all of their attack

    Spoiler: check Spot and listen
    Show
    please roll spot and listen


    Spoiler
    Show
    Thelia, Gunnar, Sarah and Jeremi
    Spoiler
    Show
    please roll initiative exept for Thelia, i will take her initiative

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Spoiler: Sarah's Initiative Roll
    Show
    Initative: (1d20+2)[9]

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show


    you try to hit the wolf unsuccessfully, they both react at your attack they coordinate badly their timing and you managed to avoid all of their attack

    Spoiler: check Spot and listen
    Show
    please roll spot and listen


    Spoiler
    Show
    Thelia, Gunnar, Sarah and Jeremi
    Spoiler
    Show
    please roll initiative exept for Thelia, i will take her initiative
    Spoiler: check roll
    Show
    Spot (+1): (1d20+1)[20]
    Listen (+5): (1d20+5)[14]
    I'm going to roll an attack on the wolves too:
    Attack (+6): (1d20+6)[16] \ Critical(20): (1d20+6)[16] \ Damage (1d10+3): (1d10+3)[8] \ Critical Damage(3): (3d10+9)[23]

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Watch out!"

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    DM, some of us had already rolled initiative in the OoC. But, if that doesn't count, I'll roll again down here.

    Initiative +2: (1d20+2)[21]
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    @ Morgran

    Spoiler
    Show
    While you rotate your weapon you notice all around the wolf count is increasing. you manage to land a deadly hit on the wolf which is seriously injured and flee from you

    Spoiler: Attack of opportunity
    Show
    please roll an opportunity attack




    @Thelia, Gunnar, Sarah and Jeremi

    Spoiler: init order
    Show
    Thelia --> Gunnar --> Wolf A ---> Sarah --> Wolf B --> Jeremi


    Spoiler
    Show
    While you move toward the sounds , you notice a pack of wolves in a circle, in the middle someone is fighting the wolves, the terrain is not too impervious, and there are still 50 meters from you and the two wolves.

    Spoiler: images and tactics
    Show
    https://imgur.com/cBNIkwx
    if you need more info just ask me

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Dropping her staff, Thelia grabs her bow and fires an Arrow at one of wolves in the circle, on their side of the circle.

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

    firing an Arrow: (1d20+3)[11]
    if crit: (1d20+3)[23]

    damage: (1d6)[2]
    damage if crit: (3d6)[3]
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    May 2019

    amused Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    @ Morgran

    Spoiler
    Show
    While you rotate your weapon you notice all around the wolf count is increasing. you manage to land a deadly hit on the wolf which is seriously injured and flee from you

    Spoiler: Attack of opportunity
    Show
    please roll an opportunity attack




    @Thelia, Gunnar, Sarah and Jeremi

    Spoiler: init order
    Show
    Thelia --> Gunnar --> Wolf A ---> Sarah --> Wolf B --> Jeremi


    Spoiler
    Show
    While you move toward the sounds , you notice a pack of wolves in a circle, in the middle someone is fighting the wolves, the terrain is not too impervious, and there are still 50 meters from you and the two wolves.

    Spoiler: images and tactics
    Show
    https://imgur.com/cBNIkwx
    if you need more info just ask me
    Spoiler: opportunity attack
    Show
    attack(+6): (1d20+6)[17] \ Critical(20): (1d20+6)[20] \ Damage: (1d10+3)[9] \ Critical Damage (x3): (3d10+9)[23]

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Jeremi, keep running with me... And do that thing you do with your magic songs, if you can." - Gunnar keeps running with the torch held in front of him and his javelin on the other hand.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Double move ahead.
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Spoiler: Thelia
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    Dropping her staff, Thelia grabs her bow and fires an Arrow at one of wolves in the circle, on their side of the circle.

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

    firing an Arrow: [roll0]
    if crit: [roll1]

    damage: [roll2]
    damage if crit: [roll3]
    You stop and take aim, unfortunately in your haste, your aim is not that good and the arrow land in the middle of the wolves's circle, you almost hit the person fighting


    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Mbarakaja View Post
    Spoiler: opportunity attack
    Show
    attack(+6): [roll0] \ Critical(20): [roll1] \ Damage: [roll2] \ Critical Damage (x3): [roll3]
    The wolf movement gives you the advantage, enough to take him down for good. it tumbles and doesn't rise anymore, you notice that an arrow lands near you. Unexpected backups?
    Unfortunately, you don't have enough time to think, there is still one wolf in front of you and ready to avenge its companion. he jumps looking for your throat but the only things it founds is thin air, you vanish behind it.


    Spoiler: Gunnar
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by amanamana View Post
    "Jeremi, keep running with me... And do that thing you do with your magic songs if you can." - Gunnar keeps running with the torch held in front of him and his javelin on the other hand.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Double move ahead.
    You run towards the Wolf and it tries to get you in charge, but you anticipate its movements and with a quick change in direction you manage to avoid its bite.



    Spoiler: Sarah and Jeremi Turn
    Show
    Please describe what you do

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Sarah brings out her light crossbow and cast a True Strike spell on herself.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Jeremi Start to play a song, that can be listen to focus on battle

    Spoiler: inspire courage
    Show
    all player get + 1 on attack and damage rolls


    @ Gunnar

    The second Wolf runs toward you and it manges to deliver a very painful bite, its movements was very quick and you can't avoid its bite.

    Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    Gunnar take 6 Damage


    Spoiler: Init order
    Show
    Thelia , Gunnar , Morgran , Wolf A , Wolf C (Vs morgran), Sarah , Wolf B , Jeremi


    Spoiler: Next Turn
    Show
    now it is Thelia, Gunnar and Morgran turn

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Thelia cursed because she had been too fast. Taking a new Arrow, she shot at the same wolf as she had before. Hopefully this time she had better luck.

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

    attack: (1d20+4)[6]
    damage: (1d6)[2]

    if crit: (1d20+4)[5]
    crit damage: (3d6)[8]

    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "Argh" - Gunnar winces in pain from the bite and pivots sideways, throwing his javelin at the wolf that just attacked him.

    "Thelia! Sarah! I thought we decided to stay close to each other?"

    After throwing his javelin, he draws his sword.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    5-foot step to leave the wolf's threatened area - Special/No action (no AoO)
    Throw the javelin - Standard action (no AoO)
    Draw the longsword - Move action (no AoO)

    Gunnar will spend an Inspiration Point into Cunning Insight to get +Int to the attack roll, for a +3.

    Standard action - Attack (+7):
    (1d20+7)[9]

    In case it's a crit threat (20/x2):
    Crit confirmation roll: (1d20+4)[6]

    In case it hits, Gunnar will spend an Inspiration Point into Cunning Insight to get +Int to damage, for a +3.

    Damage: (1d6+5)[11]

    In case it's a confirmed crit, you may consider this damage roll:
    Damage -(2d6+10)[17]


    Gunnar
    Human - Factotum 2
    AC 17 (Touch 12 - Flat-footed 15) - HP's 14/20
    Fort +2 - Ref +4 - Will +1
    Grapple +2
    Inspiration Points: 5*/6 (4/6 if the attack hits and he spends another in the damage roll)
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "What a heck's th..." - Morgran sees the arrow, but his attention is captured by the wolf's attack, before he can decide if he was the target. He manages to dodge the attack, and then strikes the wolf.
    Spoiler: Ooc rolls
    Show
    attack(+6): (1d20+6)[12] \ if Critical(20): (1d20+6)[26] \ Damage: (1d10+3)[6] \ Critical Damage (x3): (3d10+9)[18]
    Last edited by Mbarakaja; 2019-10-24 at 08:05 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Spoiler: Thelia, Gunnar
    Show
    Gunnar tries to aim to the wolf which is faster than him, the two querrels for a while and result in one being hit, Thelia fires again but it lands far away.


    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show
    two more arrows lands near you, distracted by this you missed the wolf, luckily one of the arrows interrupt the manouver started by the wolf giving you enough time to parry his leap


    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah and Jeremi Turn

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Sarah uses her light crossbow and shoots the closest wolf near her.

    Spoiler: Sarah's Attack Roll
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+23)[27]

    Damage: (1d8+1)[3]

    Critical:

    Attack: (1d20+23)[38]

    Damage: (2d8+2)[13]


  25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rome
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Sarah takes true aim to one of the wolves which is flanking Gunnar, her strike is true and wound the wolf, she is going to put another bolt in her crossbow when all of you can hear a distinct calling from the big wolf, all the wolf stops and retreats with the big white wolf. You feel a little bit let down of the wolves retreat now the battle was just starting to get interesting. However the big wolf gives you one last glance from a safe distance as it almost wants to say " it doesn't end here, so long" and after this, he disappears with all of his pack.


    Spoiler: Attack of opportunity
    Show
    Gunnar and Morgran have an attack of opportunity on Wolf a (Gunnar) and Wolf C (for Morgran) both of you tries to deliver a blow keeping an eye on the big white wolf, which blends within the deep of the forest, the rest of his pack is behind him.




    Spoiler: Gunnar, Sarah, Thelia, and Jeremi
    Show
    not far from you there is a dwarf covered in wolf blood, his breath is steaming from his mouth, his hands cling on his weapons, an Axe unlikely shape for a human-made weapon. next to him some corpses of slain wolves


    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show
    in the distance you can see three figures standing while next to you there is a man with a Javelin in his hands, one of the distant characters has a bow, you presume that is where the arrows came from, another one has a crossbow while another one is playing an instrument, you are lost, in your opinion they are the best chance to get you back on track

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "That was very anti-climatic. I thought these wolves would put much of a fight. They're definitely not monsters at all that for sure." Sarah was a bit annoyed that the wolves are retreating.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-11-04 at 06:26 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Thelia looked at Sarah.
    "I prefer it this way, with as little damage as possible," she said, before she turned to the person they had helped, "do you need some assistance?"
    I'm Thelia, priestess of Labelas Enoreth."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

    "Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    far far away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    Spoiler: Attack of opportunity
    Show
    Gunnar and Morgran have an attack of opportunity on Wolf a (Gunnar) and Wolf C (for Morgran) both of you tries to deliver a blow keeping an eye on the big white wolf, which blends within the deep of the forest, the rest of his pack is behind him.
    Gunnar slashes with his longsword as a reflex action, immediately getting afraid of the wolves reaction.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Gunnar will spend an Inspiration Point into Cunning Insight to get +Int to the attack roll, for a +3.

    Attack of Opportunity (+6):
    (1d20+6)[12]

    In case it's a crit threat (19-20/x2):
    Crit confirmation roll: (1d20+6)[14]

    In case it hits, Gunnar will spend an Inspiration Point into Cunning Insight to get +Int to damage, for a +3.

    Damage: (1d8+5)[12]

    In case it's a confirmed crit, you may consider this damage roll:
    Damage - (2d8+10)[14]


    Gunnar
    Human - Factotum 2
    AC 17 (Touch 12 - Flat-footed 15) - HP's 14/20
    Fort +2 - Ref +4 - Will +1
    Grapple +2
    Inspiration Points: 4*/6 (3/6 if the attack hits and he spends another in the damage roll)


    ----

    Immediately after this, as the wolves leave, Gunnar approaches the dwarf, still holding his torch and longsword, but in a nonthreatening way. As he gets near to the warrior, he slows down and adresses him in the dwarven language - "Good night, traveler. Are you too injured? Do you speak the common language? I'm Gunnar, by the way."

    Spoiler: Gunnar's description
    Show
    Approaching you is a human male, fairly young, of the most common ethnicity around, the Illuskan, with an unremarkable appearance. He has fair skin and dark brown short tousled hair, being somewhat bellow the average height of his people (the Illuskan are a tall people), lean and sinewy. He wears a mail shirt, with a small unpolished metal shield strapped to his left arm, where he holds a torch, with a longsword on the other hand. He has a bleeding wolf bite wound on his leg.
    Tales of the Library: Gunnar of Miner's Pass

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    "I guess I can introduce myself as well. My name is Sarah Diamond. Yes, I know my name is human but not Drow nonetheless. Are you ok by the way?" Sarah was worried about the injuries of the Dwarf.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-11-05 at 10:04 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Tales of the Library: A rocky business, The Brutes, the Cunnings and the Wise[3.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    Sarah takes true aim to one of the wolves which is flanking Gunnar, her strike is true and wound the wolf, she is going to put another bolt in her crossbow when all of you can hear a distinct calling from the big wolf, all the wolf stops and retreats with the big white wolf. You feel a little bit let down of the wolves retreat now the battle was just starting to get interesting. However the big wolf gives you one last glance from a safe distance as it almost wants to say " it doesn't end here, so long" and after this, he disappears with all of his pack.


    Spoiler: Attack of opportunity
    Show
    Gunnar and Morgran have an attack of opportunity on Wolf a (Gunnar) and Wolf C (for Morgran) both of you tries to deliver a blow keeping an eye on the big white wolf, which blends within the deep of the forest, the rest of his pack is behind him.




    Spoiler: Gunnar, Sarah, Thelia, and Jeremi
    Show
    not far from you there is a dwarf covered in wolf blood, his breath is steaming from his mouth, his hands cling on his weapons, an Axe unlikely shape for a human-made weapon. next to him some corpses of slain wolves


    Spoiler: Morgran
    Show
    in the distance you can see three figures standing while next to you there is a man with a Javelin in his hands, one of the distant characters has a bow, you presume that is where the arrows came from, another one has a crossbow while another one is playing an instrument, you are lost, in your opinion they are the best chance to get you back on track

    Engaged in battle, Morgran reacts to the wolf's retreat by attempting another blow with his axe.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Attack (+6): (1d20+6)[25] \ Critical check(20): (1d20+6)[10] \ Damage: (1d10+3)[13] / Critical Damage(x3):(3d10+9)[26]


    ----


    Morgran pulls back the axe, shaking off the wolf's blood from the blade, so he turns his attention to the four people. He watches them quickly and seems to him from a distance, that there is a Dark Elf among the group ... he tries to hear what they are saying, but questioned by the man closest to him, he answers in common: "It is a good night, thanks for the help! I'm a little hurt but nothing too serious. How about you, lad? By the away, Im Morgran". He peers back the dark elf, who introduces herself as Sarah, and greets with a slight nod, extending the greeting to the others: Good night.
    Last edited by Mbarakaja; 2019-11-06 at 06:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •