New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Homegrown Heroes #1: The Heroic Adept (NPC Class to Base Class Conversion) [PEACH]

Hey everyone! So, I haven't posted here in ages, since I took a bit of a hiatus from tabletop RPGs, but I'm back at it again now and I've been brewing up a rather ambitious project. As a challenge, I thought I would try to make playable base class versions of all the Pathfinder NPC Classes (Adept, Aristocrat, Commoner, Expert & Warrior). They're intended to have a bit of a low-fantasy feel, but should hopefully still be competitive (around Tier 3 or so). This is the first entry in the series, the Heroic Adept. Trying to give adepts a unique flavor to set them apart from wizards, clerics, witches and shamans, etc., was rather tricky, but I think I found something that, while sharing elements of all the above classes, still has its own spin. Anyway, here are some links:

The Main Heroic Adept Document
    Heroic Adept Aptitudes
    Heroic Adept Traditions

Any thoughts and comment welcome! If people like this stuff at all, I'll continue and post the other four Homegrown Heroes classes too. :)

Cheers,
    - Gears
    Last edited by Ethereal Gears; 2019-06-17 at 04:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Homegrown Heroes #1: The Heroic Adept (NPC Class to Base Class Conversion)

Going to give this a cheeky bump and tack on a trio of archetypes I created for this class as well:

One is a sort of arcane trickster-inspired guy focused on stealing spells who gets at-will supernatural ranged dirty trick maneuvers. The primal warlock is basically a warlock, with at-will blasting, but with some cool blood magic thrown in. The theurgic scholar is sort of the mystic theurge - but in heroic adept archetype form, and thus playable from level 1! :)

Mystic Trickster Archetype
    Primal Warlock Archetype
    Theurgic Scholar Archetype
    Last edited by Ethereal Gears; 2019-06-17 at 02:45 PM.