New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Not-So-Mith'd Opportunity: Random Banter # 222

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Surely you must eat snacks at least.
    That's why I'm fat, but I don't associate any snacks with particular days.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Yeah, if you don't like that, you probably shouldn't look at doordash or anything similar...I mean, I can order food without being presentable!
    I don't have any problems ordering at the machines. Since technology is advancing like crazy. It's a matter of time that we humans will evolved into cyborgs.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    That's why I'm fat, but I don't associate any snacks with particular days.
    Same here, buddy. Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I don't have any problems ordering at the machines. Since technology is advancing like crazy. It's a matter of time that we humans will evolved into cyborgs.
    Well, if you want to be super into this discussion, it could also lead to a soylent green or matrix future. Replacement of people doesn't mean upgrades for people, necessarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Same here, buddy. Same here.

Well, if you want to be super into this discussion, it could also lead to a soylent green or matrix future. Replacement of people doesn't mean upgrades for people, necessarily.
    Your comments intrigues me. What is a soylent green and matrix future?

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

A reference to Soylent Green and The Matrix, which are movies. So either a future with massive overpopulation and human life becoming cheap, or machines just plain taking over. Haven't seen the former, but pretty sure it lacked cyborgs.

And don't you get ideas, Data Ninja.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

6. - Top - End - #516

Thumbs down Re: Not-So-Mith'd Opportunity: Random Banter # 222

Your comments intrigues me. What is a soylent green and matrix future?
    Soylent Green and The Matrix are both rather famous movies centered around dystopia futures.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

A reference to Soylent Green and The Matrix, which are movies. So either a future with massive overpopulation and human life becoming cheap, or machines just plain taking over. Haven't seen the former, but pretty sure it lacked cyborgs.

Cool. And I want to get back on the Human evolved to cyborg comments. Maybe humans won't evolved into machines but we will evolved into intergalactic space aliens.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

I have no idea of what you mean. Ideas? Perish the though.
    Besides, the original Matrix concept was better. Humans as a living computer. If there's one thing humans are good at, it's imagination. Harnessing that'd be useful.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

You know full well what human imagination is capable of. Don't ever forget Deviantart.

Cool. And I want to get back on the Human evolved to cyborg comments. Maybe humans won't evolved into machines but we will evolved into intergalactic space aliens.
    Maybe splice in some red skin into the human genome, some glowing eyes, a tail, while we're at it?

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

You know full well what human imagination is capable of. Don't ever forget Deviantart.

Maybe splice in some red skin into the human genome, some glowing eyes, a tail, while we're at it?
    Yes and don't forget a UFO.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, there's good and there's bad there. The humans just need help with determining what needs to be thrown into the Recycle Bin and subsequently deleted and forgotten about forever.

That's the entire point of them no longer needing to make their own decisions!

Ah, I see we want red-furred cat-people here. Certainly not anything fiendish in origin.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I can't see without glasses, can't navigate without Google Maps, and probably couldn't do my job without https://stackoverflow.com. Are you sure we didn't already evolve into cyborgs and you just didn't notice?
    Last edited by Sermil; 2019-07-01 at 10:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post
    I can't see without glasses, can't navigate without Google Maps, and probably couldn't do my job without https://stackoverflow.com. Are you sure we didn't already evolve into cyborgs and you just didn't notice?
    We have evolved into intergalactic space aliens now.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

The sentence "I think it's raining, but it isn't" can be true (such as if the speaker is hallucinating, or in a a windowless room with a thick roof) but never honest.

One can never believe their own beliefs to be false, at least not while also subscribing to binary notions in regards to those beliefs.

In cases where there are three or more options, the one which one considers a statistical plurality can be their stated belief without lying, and (if not a statistical true majority) can be foilowed by its negation with equal honesty. However, whether or not it is raining only has two possibilities.

How hard it is raining, on the other hand...
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2019-07-02 at 01:02 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

Plus, I like the French.
    I'm not sure we can accept that. And that's not because I've failed to find another Franco-Asian partner in the past year and a half![/obvious denial]

I think most Americans are aware of what Chinese New Year is, at least.
    According to my Chinese friends it's not the New Year, but the Spring Festival.

No clue about how true that is, but they're very adamant about it.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Bugbear in the Playground

Been going to the hospital fairly frequently over the last few months (not for myself, before anyone gets worried). Once they had a band playing in the north pavilion lobby. Now in one of the clinic lobbies they have a full orchestra. Not something I ever thought I'd experience in a hospital.

I was once in a children's choir that performed in a hospital lobby at least once! It was one of several stops that day and probably filed under "hey, we already rented this bus, where else can we go where they'll let us sing?" in the overall plan.

Probably for the same reason people in America celebrate Cinco de Mayo: Excuse for beer and snacks. I'm pretty sure a lot of people who celebrate it don't really know what that day actually is.
    One of my fondest memories of watching the local news was watching the local "low-stakes local social stuff" anchor being sent to my town's Cinco de Mayo celebration but getting the date garbled and announcing, on air, that it was celebrating a war that happened in the 1980s...

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
    I was once in a children's choir that performed in a hospital lobby at least once! It was one of several stops that day and probably filed under "hey, we already rented this bus, where else can we go where they'll let us sing?" in the overall plan.

One of my fondest memories of watching the local news was watching the local "low-stakes local social stuff" anchor being sent to my town's Cinco de Mayo celebration but getting the date garbled and announcing, on air, that it was celebrating a war that happened in the 1980s...
    For a moment I thought you were going to say that he went on March the 6 or something.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Colossus in the Playground

Judging purely by terminology, we already have cyborgs. People have artificial heart pumps, bolts that keep their bones from breaking, metal to restrain their wild teeth, and the most simple of things; glasses to improve eyesight.

We are already in the cyberpunk dystopian future. It's just hard to tell because we grew into it, like the toad in the slow-boiling pot.

19. - Top - End - #529

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Judging purely by terminology, we already have cyborgs. People have artificial heart pumps, bolts that keep their bones from breaking, metal to restrain their wild teeth, and the most simple of things; glasses to improve eyesight.

We are already in the cyberpunk dystopian future. It's just hard to tell because we grew into it, like the toad in the slow-boiling pot.
    It's just a boring dystopia.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

It's just a boring dystopia.
    That's because nobody helps the robots rise up quickly! Do you know how long it'll be before all the factory jobs are replaced, and robot enforcer armies can be secretly created without people knowing? It's a lot of work!

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Even without my cyberoptics (uh, glasses), I've believed this for a long time. The reasons are varied and not really board appropriate, but it boils down to seeing a lot of family stuff in this thirty year old literature.

And now I need to find a villain fit a game of Unknown Armies. Guess it's time to start rifling through the people the entire group hates...

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Even without my cyberoptics (uh, glasses), I've believed this for a long time. The reasons are varied and not really board appropriate, but it boils down to seeing a lot of family stuff in this thirty year old literature.
    Damn, your family has issues!
    Really hoping you meant familiar.
    Forum Wisdom

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Soylent Green and The Matrix are both rather famous movies centered around dystopia futures.
    I'm familiar of the Matrix movies but not Soylent Green.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Damn, your family has issues!
    Really hoping you meant familiar.
    Yes, swipey keyboard, familiar.

I hate my eyes. I know that what I have (Strabismus, where your eyes don't line up) isn't exactly the rarest thing in the world, but at the same time I know literally nobody else who has it. But my eyes don't properly point at what I'm looking at, and the fact they don't is noticeable, especially if I'm not wearing my glasses.

On the other hand I understand that in terms of colour I have a rather pretty deep blue with green or gold rough rings around the pupils (central heterochromia ftw!), but I have terrible convincing people that it's actually a thing (despite having other people mention that my eyes aren't monocoloured rather casually).

Show

25. - Top - End - #535

PirateCaptain

I'm familiar of the Matrix movies but not Soylent Green.
    I haven't seen it either, but it's very well regarded and the short story it's based on (Make Room! Make Room!) is excellent.
    Last edited by SZbNAhL; 2019-07-02 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Typo

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    I haven't seen it either, but it's very well regarded and the short story it's bades on (Make Room! Make Room!) is excellent.
    It does suffer from the fact that the first thing everybody mentions about it is the last minute twist.
    Forum Wisdom

27. - Top - End - #537

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    It does suffer from the fact that the first thing everybody mentions about it is the last minute twist.
    That's true of everything with a twist. I'd link to an article about it in the New York Enquirer, but the owner's out sledding.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

If it makes you feel any better, it's still peanuts compared to the Atlanta airport, which has its own completely internal subway system.

I may be overselling the complex size a bit, but yeah, if you're used to normal hospitals and go into one of those buildings it can really be overwhelming.
    I've been to several airports with shuttle systems. It seems to be the go-to solution when you have completely detatched terminals.

That said, the behind-the-scenes logistics of airports are quite fascinating. Just consider all the truck corridors and storage areas required to maintain the tax-free stores, for one.

I hate my eyes. I know that what I have (Strabismus, where your eyes don't line up) isn't exactly the rarest thing in the world, but at the same time I know literally nobody else who has it. But my eyes don't properly point at what I'm looking at, and the fact they don't is noticeable, especially if I'm not wearing my glasses.
    I know of two people who wore eyepatches for most of the time I was around them, and that usually means strabismus under treatment.

On the other hand I understand that in terms of colour I have a rather pretty deep blue with green or gold rough rings around the pupils (central heterochromia ftw!), but I have terrible convincing people that it's actually a thing (despite having other people mention that my eyes aren't monocoloured rather casually).
    I have central heterochromia, although in my case it's a faint brown circle on top of a muted green. Although I grew up with a girl in my class who had one iris which was evenly split in a blue and brown half with a perfectly vertical edge, so my bar for eye colour weirdness has been set quite high from the start.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh. I wonder what's the rarest/most unusual eye color on this thread is.

I'd lose. I just have grey eyes, so my albino eyes couldn't even be bothered to make a fake color.

30. - Top - End - #540

Huh. I wonder what's the rarest/most unusual eye color on this thread is.

I'd lose. I just have grey eyes, so my albino eyes couldn't even be bothered to make a fake color.
    Grey eyes here. More like a stormy grey than albino. They're glorious. Doesn't hurt grey's my favorite color either.