The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 251
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    The Free City of Litala is a key trading hub along the Carcuun River, where three major roads meet, and the large docks service dozens of trade vessels heading down the River to the Pascil Sea. Sitting between two warring empires, The Holy Itarian Confluence, a theocracy of priests of Savras, and the Confederacy of Patricians, a coalition of wealthy houses ruled by an elected council (currently House Patras, one of the Elven families). Both empires would love to control Litala, but neither can move on the city without risking the loss of trade and supply routes, and war with other nations that also rely on Litalan trade.

    As you relax after a long day in one of the town's many inns around dusk, you hear commotion coming from outside. Curious, you go to see what the trouble is, only to find one of the Prelates, the city's guardsmen, yelling that a curfew is being established, and everyone is required to return to their homes immediately. Before you can return inside, you spot a handful of glowing red eyes. Before you can shout a warning, a dark figure bursts from a nearby alley, and lunges at the Prelate.

    The Prelate barely gets his shield up in time to block the blow. He shouts for help. In the moonlight, you all spot several more of the creatures. They are hulking humanoid figures the size of large men. Their eyes glow red, and their hands end in sharp, pointed claws. Supernatural shadows cling to their forms, obscuring their features. A quick count reveals at least six, spread among the edges of the houses.

    Condition Notes:
    Inside the Tavern, there is bright light. This bright light spills out 10ft into the outside of the door (full visibility).

    Outside, in the moonlight, is Dim Light. Henry, Aurix and Finnian (unless I missed something) have disadvantage on Perception checks in the dim light. Ti'Lei and Copper both have darkvision and can see fully.

    Combat Map (let me know if you cannot see it)

    Henry, Aurix, Ti'Lei, and Finnian can all take your turns. Unless there's shenanigans, I am ok with players taking their turns in any order, provided they will all act before the next enemy (e.g. so Copper cannot act until after the creatures, but after the creatures act anyone can act in any order since there are no enemies in initiative order after that).
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2019-06-14 at 06:51 PM.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

    Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Henry raises his shield and charges forward, drawing his sword in the process. As he approaches the closest combatant Henry lets out a growl that turns into a roar before slashing his longsword across the torso of the creature.

    [Henry moves in a straight line from O10 to J10 and attacks C4]

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+7)[14]
    Attack Damage: (1d8+4)[8]
    Extra Attack: (1d20+7)[25]
    Extra Attack Damage: (1d8+4)[11]

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    None

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Henry rushes forward, longsword flashing in the moonlight. The blade opens up large gashes in the creature's stomach and chest. Foul-smelling back ichor sprays from the wounds. The creature continues letting out a low moan, and barely reacts to the injury.

    Combat Map
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

    Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Ti'Lei smiles as she sees a new foe though there are too many for her to face alone even with the help of the guard. It is at that moment another of the patrons charges out into the street. Watching the shield bearer dash towards the unknown enemy brought a wider smile to her face. Drawing her crossbow and rapier she is glad she hadn't had time to take her scale mail off yet.

    "We are under attack. Grab a weapon if you can!" she shouts into the tavern before letting a bolt fly at the creature near the guard.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    Attack on C6: (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9]

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Finnian would normally have little intrest in helping the gaurds, but whatever this is it goes beyond the normal business. Thus he draws the rapier off his hip and a danger from his sleeve then charges out to meet the creatures blade to blade.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show


    Move to K8
    Rapier Attack: (1d20+8)[21] for (1d8+5)[8]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[9]
    Cunning Action Dash
    Move to P7


    Though after lunging in to stab the creature he had no desire to stick around and feel those claws, instead he lept away, barrelling into the tavern that just had crossbow bolts fly from it. He lept through the legs of the dragon feller and scampered further inside.

    Darn right we are, six horrible beasties letís see Ďem off.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-06-15 at 07:31 AM. Reason: How did I misspel little?
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

    Oh well, it should still be fun.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Ti'Lei shouts at the bar patrons, most of whom are just now realizing the commotion outside us more than a drunk getting picked up by the guards. There is a lot of panic and commotion as someone sees the creatures outside are grotesque abominations. Most of the patrons try to hide,huddling behind tables, while the old barkeep retrieves a very worn looking crossbow from under the bar and begins loading it.

    Ti'Lei fires her own hand crossbow, and the bolt sinks into the creature's flesh right above the clavicle. The bolt and fletching sink into the thing's body, and the hole oozes black ichor, but the creature seems unfazed by it.

    Finnian, with blinding speed, rushes out and makes a quick thrust with his rapier before retreating. The thrust struck squarely in the cheek, penetrating the mouth, a debilitating blow to most enemies, but this one barely seems to notice. A small stream of black goo drips from the wound as Finnian retreats to the tavern.

    Combat Map (now editable)
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

    Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    (skipping Aurix due to non posting. If I don't hear by the middle of the week, I'll contact one of the replacements).

    The shadowy creatures start to swarm towards the Prelate and Henry.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    ClawC1vsG - (1d20+4)[11] slashing - (1d6+2)[7] necrotic - (1d4)[1] *miss*
    ClawC1vsG - (1d20+4)[24] slashing - (1d6+2)[5] necrotic - (1d4)[1] *crit* 18 damage, body crit. Disadvantage on athletics checks.
    BiteC3vsG - (1d20+4)[16] piercing - (1d4+2)[6] GSavevsGrapple - (1d20+3)[14] *miss*
    ClawC3vsG - (1d20+4)[23] slashing - (1d6+2)[3] necrotic - (1d4)[1] *hit* 4 damage.
    ClawC3vsG - (1d20+4)[14] slashing - (1d6+2)[4] necrotic - (1d4)[4] *miss*
    BiteC6vsG - (1d20+4)[13] piercing - (1d4+2)[6] GSavevsGrapple - (1d20+3)[15] *miss*
    ClawC6vsG - (1d20+4)[8] slashing - (1d6+2)[3] necrotic - (1d4)[1] *miss*
    ClawC6vsG - (1d20+4)[18] slashing - (1d6+2)[6] necrotic - (1d4)[4] *miss*

    BiteC2vsH - (1d20+4)[13] piercing - (1d4+2)[5] GSavevsGrapple - (1d20+7)[23] *miss*
    ClawC2vsH - (1d20+4)[12] slashing - (1d6+2)[6] necrotic - (1d4)[3] *miss*
    ClawC2vsH - (1d20+4)[5] slashing - (1d6+2)[8] necrotic - (1d4)[2] *miss*
    BiteC4vsH - (1d20+4)[5] piercing - (1d4+2)[6] GSavevsGrapple - (1d20+7)[25] *miss*
    ClawC4vsH - (1d20+4)[7] slashing - (1d6+2)[6] necrotic - (1d4)[4] *miss*
    ClawC4vsH - (1d20+4)[18] slashing - (1d6+2)[5] necrotic - (1d4)[4] *miss*
    BiteC5vsH - (1d20+4)[18] piercing - (1d4+2)[6] GSavevsGrapple - (1d20+7)[10] *miss*
    ClawC5vsH - (1d20+4)[17] slashing - (1d6+2)[5] necrotic - (1d4)[1] *miss*
    ClawC5vsH - (1d20+4)[8] slashing - (1d6+2)[6] necrotic - (1d4)[2] *miss*


    In a flurry of teeth and claws, the creatures cut into the Prelate's chest armor armor. Henry manages to avoid the creatures' blows.

    The Prelate, thankful that there's someone helping against the beasts, shouts encouragement to Henry and anyone else around. "Their attacks are wild and undisciplined. They cannot stand against us."

    (For 1 minute, the Prelate is granting everyone within 30ft [Pink lines] a 1d4 leadership bonus to attacks and saves.)

    Combat Map

    Copper's Turn.
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2019-06-16 at 07:44 PM.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

    Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Aurix is temporarily stunned as the creatures swarm out of the shadows towards the Prelate and the swordsman who had just a second ago been just one more among the crowd at the bar. It takes the dragonborn a moment to get his bearings, but when his pseudodragon familiar's sharp teeth nip his neck, he is startled into action.

    Summoning the inner light of Bahamut, Aurix's eyes shine silver and he peers out into the darkness, trying to get a better look at the creatures. At the same time he sends his energy outwards, feeling for any arcane resonances in the street where the melee swirls. His normally poor eyesight, tired from years of study by candlelight in the Temple of Lathander, is enhanced by the Platinum Dragon's blessing and the shadows melt away as he gets a better look at the monsters.

    Seeing the guard start to be overwhelmed, Aurix shouts out and points his hand towards the nearest creature. Mutt hops from his shoulder and onto his outstretched forearm, giving a little lizard-y *yelp* as a searing silver light streaks from his hand, racing towards one of the abominations.

    Spoiler: OOC - Mechanics
    Show

    Aurix has both Devil's Sight and Eldritch Sight as Warlock Invocations. The former allows him to see in all magical and non-magical darkness to a range of 120 feet and the second allows Detect Magic at will. Rolling Perception to see what I see and Arcana if needed for the Detect Magic.
    Perception - (1d20+2)[7]
    Arcana - (1d20+6)[19]

    Then casting Sacred Flame at C3. Dex Save DC 16 or (2d8)[4] radiant damage.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Aurix looks into the darkness around the creatures. The features, shrouded by magical darkness, appear to be orcish in nature, but with white, soulless eyes, and expressionless faces. As he tries to call forth Bahamut's will, the creature's shadows seem to absorb the flame without harm.



    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save: (1d20+2)[20]
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2019-06-16 at 11:29 PM.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

    Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Copper & Bronze
    Fire Genasi Artificer Pirate & Construct Tiger
    HP: 48/48 & 33/33
    Concentrating on: --
    Conditions: -- & Conditions: --

    Under normal circumstances Copper probably would have tried to sneak off rather than intervene and draw attention to herself. But here she was in the middle of the bar with a big bronze and iron striped tiger. As conspicuous as she already was, she'd be even more so if she didn't join the fight. Especially after the guard's rallying cry.
    "Well, getting on the law's good side is a decent enough way to avoid suspicion too I suppose." she thought to herself.

    "Kill the nasty shadowy things Bronze." she commanded the tiger construct as she looked for a target for herself as well. Just as she was worried she might actually have to leave the building and get closer to the action herself, one decided to position itself directly across from the open door. Smirking to herself she slung her large strange looking all metal crossbow (which had a copper coating) from her back and opened fire, much faster than most people could manage. No less strange was the fact that she didn't seem to need to load any bolts, it just fired them apparently out of thin air.
    As the bolts flew through the air, Bronze rushed out to attempt to maul the closest foes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Copper's attacks target C3. If the first shot somehow kills it, she moves to Q11 and the second shot goes to C5.

    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[19] +(1d4)[2]
    damage: (1d10+6)[11]
    if crit: (1d10)[7]

    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[13] +(1d4)[4]
    damage: (1d10+6)[12]
    if crit: (1d10)[1]

    Assuming C3 is still alive, Bronze moves from Q9 to L11. Then it moves to K10.
    But if C3 is already dead, Bronze moves from Q9 to N7 and attacks C6. If it dies then it moves to L8.
    (I'm assuming the optional Flanking rule applies, but if not disregard the advantage roll.)

    Bronze Attack: (1d20+5)[12] + (1d4)[3]
    advantage: (1d20+5)[9] + (1d4)[2]
    damage: (1d8+3)[8]
    if crit: (1d8)[2]

    Bronze will use Defensive Pounce at the first opportunity applicable. (Defensive Pounce: The iron defender imposes disadvantage on the attack roll of one creature it can see that is within 5 feet of it, provided the attack roll is against a creature other than the iron defender.)


  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Finnian peeks back out of the door and sees the creatures now all tied up on fights. With the beasts now distracted he slips out once more for further sneaky stabbing. The prelateís words meant little to him, ill discipline was half of how he fought, but the distraction provided by the armoured figure was welcome enough as he lunged in with two blades.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Moves to N9, makes an attack w/rapier against C6, bonus Action Attack w/dagger against C6.

    Rapier Attack: (1d20+8)[21]+[rol]1d4[/roll] for (1d8+5)[10]
    Dagger Attack: (1d20+8)[14]+[rol]1d4[/roll] for (1d4)[4]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[10]

    I donít think the d4ís matter so Iíll just ignore how I rolled them wrong.


    Still as cautious as before though he lept back a few paces by the time the beast turned to face him.

    (Move to O9).
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-06-17 at 05:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

    Oh well, it should still be fun.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Ti'Lei sees the group moving forwards and that the creatures are about to swamp and surround the brave souls fighting to protect the guard and the tavern. she steps forward and brandishes her rapier moving it strange patterns as words silently escape from her lips, her eyes focus on the two creatures in the alleyway directly opposite as she weaves her magic. She dances into the street to give the others in the tavern clear shots confident in her abilities to avoid any reprisals.

    Spoiler: Turn Actions
    Show

    Move to N11
    Cast Hold Person at level 3 on C4 and C2 - Wisdom Save DC16

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Round 2

    Henry's surprise at hitting the beast with such a wild first swing was only matched by another surprise at how easily the beast shrugged off the two strikes that would fell most enemies. Hearing the Prelate's words, Henry nods in acknowledgment, though he suspects the man probably didn't see it. Tough as stone, but not very smart, this could take a while.

    Henry's hopes of strategically choking the beasts between the houses were dashed as the six swarmed over the two men. Realizing that he once again rushed in too quickly and was now out of position, Henry berated himself as he side-stepped and fought off the monsters. Knowing the correction to his positioning could be painful, but ultimately the right thing to do with tough foes, Henry steps diagonally, positioning himself where he can strike at the same beast as the Prelate. Friend, we'll concentrate our efforts and drop them one at a time. Henry then turns and makes and overhead strike at the head of the beast that the Prelate previously injured. After his blade strikes true, Henry quickly calls upon his divinity to protect the injured Prelate and casts Shield of Faith on him.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Note: Tigerus, after reviewing my sheet I realized that I never added the Defensive Fighting Style to my AC, so it's actually 20, not 19: Splint (17) + Shield (2) + Defensive (1) = 20. Sorry for the mistake.

    Henry takes a 5 foot step J10 -> K9, provoking Opportunity Attacks from C2 & C4.
    Henry attacks C1:

    Attack: (1d20+7)[16]
    Attack Leadership Bonus: (1d4)[4]
    Attack Damage: (1d8+4)[6]
    Extra Attack: (1d20+7)[22]
    Extra Attack Leadership Bonus: (1d4)[1]
    Extra Attack Damage (1d8+4)[7]
    *If either attack hits... Divine Smite (Level 1)
    Divine Smite Damage: (2d8)[9]

    Henry Casts Shield of Faith on the prelate, giving +2 to AC. Subject to concentration for a duration of up to 10 minutes.

    Last edited by XianTheCoder; 2019-06-17 at 09:43 AM.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    None

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Aurix screams out to the bar patrons, encouraging them to aid in the fight or otherwise help, trying to break their stunned inaction.

    Litallans! Your city is under attack! Aid the Prelate if you have skill in arms, otherwise pull the tables together to create a blockade if we need to fall back! Our lives are at stake!

    Persuasion - (1d20+5)[15]

    Without waiting to see if the other patrons respond, Aurix spins back to the battle, ducking out the door and releasing another shimmering silver bolt out, this time heeding the brave swordsman's call to concentrate on a single foe. As the light shoots forward, Aurix also makes a pulling gesture downwards in the air, causing a softer nimbus of light to surround the Prelate. Fight on, Prelate! he calls out.

    Move Action - Move into doorway for line of sight, cast, and step back to P9 (current position)
    Action - Sacred Flame at C1 - (2d8)[6] - DC 16 DEX Save - Radiant damage
    Bonus Action - Healing Light (2/6 charges) - (2d6)[9]
    Last edited by atlastrembles; 2019-06-17 at 06:26 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Copper's crossbow bolt slams into the creature's jaw, with a crack that everyone outside can clearly hear. In a normal foe, that would be a debilitating blow, but these....things....don't seem to feel injury and pain as readily as other creatures. A second bolt embeds itself in the creature's leg, leaving a large, puckered wound. Bronze, meanwhile, runs up to assist, biting and tearing a chunk of flesh out of the abdomen of the same creature.

    Henry moves to assist the Prefect, avoiding the enemy's quick claws, and slashing with a divinely powered strike in the creature's left leg. The attack seems to sever some important tendons, as the creature begins to stumble (Left leg injury: 1). The followup strike hits the right arm (Right Arm Injury: 1). Henry quickly calls down divine protection on the harried Prefect.

    Aurix doesn't seem to be motivating any of the patrons to try to risk their lives. Most of these are common folk, who would rather run than fight. The barkeep might be persuaded, but would be far more interested in defending his inn than anything else (persuassion like this would likely be an action, if you want to try next round to take your action doing so you may be able to convince him and others). Meanwhile, the nimbus of Bahamut's grace encircles both the injured creature fighting the Prefect, and the Prefect himself (Body Crit effects removed from healing). The fires of the Divine Dragon sear the shadows from the creature, and it crumbles into a writhing heap.

    Ti'Lai attempts to restrain two of the creatures magically. Both seem frozen where they stand.

    Finnian's quick strikes land true in the back of the distracted monster. The first cut along the back of the creature's neck should have decapitated it, or at least opening its windpipe. Clearly, the creature doesn't need to breath. The dagger finds its mark in the back, where the kidneys should be, but the monster barely notices.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    C2_OA_H - (1d20+4)[17]piercing - (1d6+2)[5]necrotic - (1d4)[4]
    C4_OA_H - (1d20+4)[16]piercing - (1d6+2)[4]necrotic - (1d4)[2]

    Dev_Vs_Sacred_Flame - (1d20+2)[14]

    Save_Vs_HoldPerson_C2 - (1d20+2)[13]
    Save_Vs_HoldPerson_C4 - (1d20+2)[12]
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2019-06-17 at 10:15 AM.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

    Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Ti'Lei feels one of the monsters break from its magical bonds almost immediately. At least she kept it from attacking for a little while. The other remains held firm.

    The creature copper and bronze had attacked focuses on the construct. Seemingly driven by its injuries, it lashes out at the mechanical tiger in an impressive flurry of blows. Only one lands, catching the construct in the rear right leg.

    Henry continues to weather the assault from these enemies, none able to penetrate his armor.

    The Prefect isn't as lucky. It takes a deep claw along his right arm. It doesn't seem bad enough to hinder his swordsmanship, however.

    He retaliates back quickly, feinting before nearly severing the creature's right arm. It hangs partially limp from its side. "Quickly, finish these things!"

    NOTE: Bronze's disadvantage roll didn't matter (even though I forgot to roll it), since everything within 5 of him that wasn't targeting him missed.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    C1 Dead

    C2 Held
    save - (1d20+2)[21]

    C3
    C3_vs_B - (1d20+4)[6] slashing - (1d6+2)[3] necrotic - (1d4)[3]
    C3_vs_B - (1d20+4)[19] slashing - (1d6+2)[7] necrotic - (1d4)[2]
    C3_vs_B - (1d20+4)[8] slashing - (1d6+2)[6] necrotic - (1d4)[1]
    C3_vs_B - (1d20+4)[7] slashing - (1d6+2)[6] necrotic - (1d4)[4]

    C4 Held
    save - (1d20+2)[9]

    C5
    C3_vs_H - (1d20+4)[11] slashing - (1d6+2)[8] necrotic - (1d4)[4]
    C3_vs_H - (1d20+4)[12] slashing - (1d6+2)[6] necrotic - (1d4)[4]

    C6
    C6_vs_G - (1d20+4)[19] slashing - (1d6+2)[3] necrotic - (1d4)[1]
    C6_vs_G - (1d20+4)[22] slashing - (1d6+2)[6] necrotic - (1d4)[2]
    C6_vs_G - (1d20+4)[11] slashing - (1d6+2)[5] necrotic - (1d4)[1]
    C6_vs_G - (1d20+4)[5] slashing - (1d6+2)[8] necrotic - (1d4)[4]

    G
    G_vs_C6 - (1d20+5)[8] slashing - (1d8+3)[11]
    G_vs_C6 - (1d20+5)[16] slashing - (1d8+3)[10]


    Combat Map. It's Copper/Bronze's turn and then start of the round.
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2019-06-17 at 10:31 AM.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

    Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Copper & Bronze
    Fire Genasi Artificer Pirate & Construct Tiger
    HP: 48/48 & 24/33
    Concentrating on: --
    Conditions: -- & Conditions: --

    Copper spares a moment to look around and note that none of the bar patrons seem inspired to attack at a little bit of encouragement. It's a shame since it would certainly ease the burden on her, though on the other hand they'd probably get killed if they went out and attacked. She's not really sure why they're just standing around doing absolutely nothing after being given instructions on something useful to do that would help protect themselves, but she knows it's not like people always act in their own best interest. Especially not when scared.

    She sighs and fires two more bolts at the enemy she's a little surprised is still standing, while Bronze continues attacking since she hasn't changed her orders.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Copper's attacks target C3. If the first shot kills it, she attacks C4.

    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[15] +(1d4)[1]
    damage: (1d10+6)[13]
    if crit: (1d10)[5]

    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[26] +(1d4)[1]
    advantage if against C4: (1d20+9)[25] + (1d4)[3]
    damage: (1d10+6)[16]
    if crit: (1d10)[1]

    Bronze also attacks C3. If C3 is dead it moves to J10 and attacks C4.

    Bronze Attack: (1d20+5)[19] + (1d4)[1]
    advantage if against C4: (1d20+5)[22] + (1d4)[4]
    damage: (1d8+3)[8]
    if crit: (1d8)[5]

    Bronze will use Defensive Pounce at the first opportunity applicable. (Defensive Pounce: The iron defender imposes disadvantage on the attack roll of one creature it can see that is within 5 feet of it, provided the attack roll is against a creature other than the iron defender.)


  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    As much as Finnegan had been staying out of combat for now a creature at the back had now been locked down with magic and stabbing people while they were down was to nice an opportunity to miss. Heíd need a feint to distract a beastly figure in the way but that was no trouble.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move to J11 striking C3 on the way but not using sneak Attack
    (1d20+8)[26]+(1d4)[2] for (1d4)[2]
    Attack the paralysed C4,
    (1d20+8)[21] or (1d20+8)[16]+ (1d4)[1] for (1d8+5)[13]+(3d6)[11]+31 damage from automatic maximum dice.


    He then retreats back to K11, unafraid of any retaliation from the paralyzed figure and quite safe behind the bulk of the metal feline.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-06-17 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

    Oh well, it should still be fun.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Henry Raynor
    Human Paladin
    Passive Perception: 15
    Speed: 30
    HP: 62/62
    AC: 20
    Spell Slots - 1: 2/4, 2: 2/2
    Concentrating on: Shield of Faith
    Conditions: None

    Round 3

    As reinforcements begin flooding the area and the monsters start to fall all around him, Henry turns to the only creature directly next to him and swipes across its body.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    It looks like C3 will fall before Henry's next turn, and C6 is in bad shape, so Henry just attacks C5 out of convenience.

    Attack: (1d20+7)[16]
    Attack Leadership Bonus: (1d4)[4]
    Attack Damage: (1d8+4)[8]
    Extra Attack: (1d20+7)[23]
    Extra Attack Leadership Bonus: (1d4)[3]
    Extra Attack Damage (1d8+4)[6]


    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    None

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Copper fires another pair of magical bolts at the monster, sinking into its chest and right leg, the second collapsing it into a heap.

    Bronze shifts over and bites at the held creature, easily ripping chunks out of its torso, black ichor running down its mechanical jaws.

    Henry continues in the fray, striking a nearby monster's left leg and abdomen.

    (since C3 is dead, redirecting both attacks to C4 for Finnian)

    Finnian rushes forward, eagerly biting both blades into the held monster, carving up the right side of its body until it collapses before stepping back to admire his work.

    Combat Map

    Aurix 's turn.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

    Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Aurix glances back and gives a little growl of frustration as he sees none of the bar patrons rush to heed his command. He mutters under his breath Damned fools.. before stepping out once more into the doorway, drawing a bead on the last creature threatening the Prelate. Once more he calls down Bahamut's light to sear the monster into dust.

    Sacred Flame Damage - (2d8)[13] - DC16 DEX Save (Radiant Damage)

    After casting, if the creature remains standing, Aurix ventures outside to take up a similar position as the tiefling who had flung themselves into battle as well.

    Move to O9

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Bahamut's flames race over the wounded creature, and its charred body collapses to the ground.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dev_Vs_Sacred_Flame - (1d20+2)[11]


    Combat Map

    Ti'Lei's turn
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2019-06-17 at 05:34 PM.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

    Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Ti'Lei sees the others cutting the creatures down and she gets giddy with excitement. Ignoring any thoughts of safety she dances into the midst of the combat, her colourful clothes and armour swirling around her as her tail swipes at the air.

    She darts past the guard leaping over the body of one of the creatures and stabbing her rapier into one of the last two creatures before pulling it back out into a defensive stance ready to parry any riposte.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Ti'Lei will move to J8

    Attack C5 (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[7] + Bardic Inspiration (1d8)[8]

    Ti'Lei will then use that to add onto her AC giving a temp total of :26
    Last edited by Col.Straken; 2019-06-18 at 08:45 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Ti'Lei rushes up, but misses with her attack in her excitement.

    One of the creatures batters Bronze's left leg, further damaging the construct. Some metallic pieces start to grind against one another, but it doesn't seem to be hindered.

    The other furiously flails at Ti'Lei, but cannot make it past her armor.

    Similarly, the Prefect steps up but his injuries make his movement awkward, and he fails to connect.

    (Again, Bronze's defensive crouch does nothing as the enemies miss)

    Spoiler
    Show

    C2_vs_B - (1d20+4)[5]slashing - (1d6+2)[3]necrotic - (1d4)[3]
    C2_vs_B - (1d20+4)[19]slashing - (1d6+2)[4]necrotic - (1d4)[3]

    C5_vs_T - (1d20+4)[9]slashing - (1d6+2)[7]necrotic - (1d4)[4]
    C5_vs_T - (1d20+4)[14]slashing - (1d6+2)[7]necrotic - (1d4)[1]
    C5_vs_T - (1d20+4)[9]slashing - (1d6+2)[8]necrotic - (1d4)[1]
    C5_vs_T - (1d20+4)[9]slashing - (1d6+2)[4]necrotic - (1d4)[1]

    G_vs_C5 - (1d20+5)[11]slashing - (1d8+3)[10]
    G_vs_C5 - (1d20+5)[8]slashing - (1d8+3)[7]


    Combat Map (Copper then start of the round)
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2019-06-18 at 11:35 AM.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

    Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Henry Raynor
    Human Paladin
    Passive Perception: 15
    Speed: 30
    HP: 62/62
    AC: 20
    Spell Slots - 1: 2/4, 2: 2/2
    Concentrating on: Shield of Faith
    Conditions: None

    Round 4

    Trying to end the fight quickly, Henry stabs and slashes at the closest monster.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Henry attacks C5

    Attack: (1d20+7)[8]
    Attack Leadership Bonus: (1d4)[1]
    Attack Damage: (1d8+4)[5]
    Extra Attack: (1d20+7)[19]
    Extra Attack Leadership Bonus: (1d4)[1]
    Extra Attack Damage (1d8+4)[8]

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    None

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    With their enemies dropping greatly in number and their own ranks undiminished Finnegan has lost most of his fear. Thus he quickly decides to move into the alley behind the creatures, blocking off any attempt to escape.

    Move to G10 striking both creatures along the way

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Rapier Attack on C5(1d20+8)[23]+(1d4)[2] for (1d8+5)[12]
    Dagger Attack on C2(1d20+8)[17]+(1d4)[3] for (1d4)[3]
    Sneak Attack on first hit (3d6)[10]
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

    Oh well, it should still be fun.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Copper & Bronze
    Fire Genasi Artificer Pirate & Construct Tiger
    HP: 48/48 & 17/33
    Concentrating on: --
    Conditions: -- & Conditions: --

    Copper notes all her targets are at least partially blocked by her allies in this fight and sighs as she rushes outside to get a better angle before taking her shots.
    Bronze continues attacking as there are more foes to be mauled.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Copper's moves from Q10 to N7. Then attacks C5 or C2 if C5 is already dead due to the people who jumped my turn or my own attack.

    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[22] +(1d4)[2]
    damage: (1d10+6)[8]
    if crit: (1d10)[2]

    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[24] +(1d4)[2]
    damage: (1d10+6)[10]
    if crit: (1d10)[3]

    Bronze also attacks C5 or C2 if C5 is dead.

    Bronze Attack: (1d20+5)[15] + (1d4)[3]
    damage: (1d8+3)[8]
    if crit: (1d8)[5]

    Bronze will use Defensive Pounce at the first opportunity applicable. (Defensive Pounce: The iron defender imposes disadvantage on the attack roll of one creature it can see that is within 5 feet of it, provided the attack roll is against a creature other than the iron defender.)

    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-06-18 at 02:49 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Copper fires, hitting one of the last two creature's stomach and ribs. Bronze joins in on the attack, ripping into the beast's right leg, tearing out some of its tendons (Right leg injury: 1)

    Henry finishes the job, cutting deep into the left quadricep, toppling the creature into a heap.

    (redirecting Finnegan's attacks towards G3)

    Finnegan jams his rapier deep into where a living creature's heart would be, following it up with a dagger strike to the left leg, cutting into the flesh. He barely sees the results of his actions as he runs by. What he does see is more figures coming....they look much bigger than these monstrosities. Their arms end in enormous claws, almost dragging the ground. Their bodies are covered in chitinous plates, but their faces are again, shrouded by shadows.

    Spoiler
    Show

    SS_Initiative - (1d20+1)[9]


    Combat Map (Aurix's turn)
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2019-06-18 at 03:31 PM.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

    Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    Unaware of the coming threat, Aurix calls down his searing light once again on the remaining creature.

    Sacred Flame Radiant Damage - (2d8)[6] DC 16 DEX Save

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: The Quarantine of Litala (Game Thread)

    The last creature resists the sacred fire of Bahamut.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Reflex_vs_Sacred_Flame - (1d20+2)[21]


    Combat Map Ti'Lei's turn
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2019-06-18 at 04:36 PM.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

    Current Games:
    The Quarantine of Litala IC OOC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •