Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 367

Thread: Solaria (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Solaria (IC)

    One by one the group arrives at "By the Book", the tavern owned by the Captain of the Moonstars. The barkeep is the same old man that was there 3 years ago, and he greets each member as they enter, having the comely barmaid hand each their favorite drink.

    The bar is approximately half full, with mostly laborers filling the seats. There is one table that seems to have adventurers as well, as they seem to be the best armed and ordering the finest drinks. The mood is lively, and entertainment is just arriving.

    There is one day left until the 3 year anniversary, and the only member missing of the Moonstars is the Captain himself.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a day left until the Captain is supposed to arrive. Each of you may do as you will, or merely wait out the time. The inn is located in the Merchant District of Mysticae so many shops and the like are in close proximity.
    Last edited by Bronz; 2007-10-06 at 11:00 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Bitzeralisis's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Wilarmis

    Grinning, Wilarmis takes a seat at the table, an inkpen behind his pointy right ear. "It's been a long time," he says, with a voice much more open and certain than one he would use with a stranger. Indeed, Wilarmis is quite shy, but in the face of danger or his friends, he is able to more openly show his emotions.
    Wilarmis: the definition of not an athlete. Skinny he is. Wilarmis: the definition of a nerd. Literally a databank of knowledge, any basic question asked to him can be answered in a matter of seconds. Solve an equation? Done! Give me this famous figure's biography? Done! What are some common prayer methods? Done! And most of all, how does this magical symbol affect the outcome of this type of spell? Done!
    You could say Wilarmis is half-crazy. Though he really is not, he somehow likes creeping people out and making the think he's insane through his foolish smiling, clueless blinking, and random remarks in third-person that are not on topic. Unless, of course, he knows them well. And you know what he always calls himself?

    The Wizard.
    ·Bitzeralisis·
    Avatar: Rogue

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_Chilli_God's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ignorance (Auckland, NZ)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    The Harpist

    The Harpist is not in the common room. He is not in the inn at all, as far as anyone knows. The only clue that he might be around here at all is that one of the doors to a private room upstairs is locked, and the innkeeper knows that someone left a few coins on the bench and took the key to that room while his back was turned.

    More often than Wilarmis would call himself the Wizard, the Harpist calls himself the Harpist. He is known by no other name, and there isn't much aside from that alias that even his companions would know about him. Sometimes, especially when it is most convenient or when other people are watching, the Harpist is blind. It's extremely difficult to tell whether or not he really is blind, because of the extraordinarily good act that he puts up.
    What is known about the Harpist, is that he is rather good at playing the harp. So good, perhaps that he can seemingly turn the music into deadly blasts of energy that takes up various shapes and uses. What is also known, is that the Harpist always maintains a business-like personality. If he was told to show up at By The Book tomorrow, then he will reveal himself at the moment of dawn tomorrow. The Harpist seems to treat every interaction like a business deal, from "I kill this guy, you give me money," to "You mind your own business, and I won't permanently deny you the functionality of your heart."

    Maybe it's this impersonal attitude that makes the Harpist so reliable. Or unreliable, depending on the deal.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Common Morning Routine as follows: Invoke Beguiling Influence. The Harpist is always assumed to have this 24-hour-long invocation active, providing +6 to his Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate.
    Bwa-ha-ha, Untrained diplomacy of +20.
    That is all.
    The Chilli God has Spoken.
    ---

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lost

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Elzaon

    Elzaon smiles at the bartender and winks at the bar maid as she hands him his aged DLB. He sips it and smiles, the drink a remembrance of the old days. He sets it down on the table across from Wilarmis. He does not say a word, but simply sits down. His face is tanned, even for a drow, and his hair is long and unkempt. His armor fits him like a second skin and shows the toned muscles he spent 3 years earning. He lets a half-smile dance across his face as he addresses Wilarmis.

    Greetings, old friend. It's been far too long. I trust you are well?
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.
    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Bitzeralisis's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Wilarmis

    Wilarmis nods slowly, contemplating on who-knows-what.
    ·Bitzeralisis·
    Avatar: Rogue

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Pelemaeus

    Pelemaeus strolls into "By the Book" and approaches the party. He appears slightly flustered, but he walks over to the party and nods to Wilarmis and Elzaon. You can see the slight shimmer of some sort of chainmail under his woodsman's tunic, and you can tell that Supernal Clarity has been used quite a lot since the three years apart.

    "Well, the Captain will be back soon, I wonder what we'll do once he's back?"

    Pelemaeus signals the bartender, intending to order some sort of drink.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2007-10-07 at 07:13 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    DM

    Pelemaeus is greeted by the Bartender, and his favorite drink is served to him.

    Most of the day goes by uneventfully, with different people drinking and eating throughout the day. The only group that remains consistent is the adventurers, bored as they seem. As the day drags on they seem to drink more and more, and are apparently getting a bit rowdy.

    The evening meal comes and goes, and the inn surprisingly gets LESS crowded when night falls. There are few commoners about, and it seems all is settling into a peaceful evening.

    Until, that is, a drunken human from the adventurers' table feels like shouting out. They had been hooting and hollering all night, but this is the first time he directs something towards our fearless group...

    He shouts out, directly at Pelemaeus.
    *So I didn't know we were letting Elf wannabes in here. I've heard some stories told, but in person you look sillier than scary. Hell, let's turn out the lights. I'd love to see your teeth glow!*

    The rest of them laugh and laugh, although what was said wasn't really funny. Seems as though they are a bit drunk.
    Last edited by Bronz; 2007-10-07 at 02:58 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lost

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Elzaon

    Elzaon's eyes flash with anger and he stands up to defend his friend.

    Oh. If you've got a problem with elf "wannabes" maybe you should take a look at me. I'm a elf, but I'm also not. Do I look like a person you want to mess with?

    Although he's only about 5"4, he seems bigger, and his eyes flash a look that clearly says "Sit down, and shut up".
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2007-10-07 at 03:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    DM

    The table consists of 3 people, the human who just spoke up who wears two short swords at his sides, as well as some light armor; a halfling that seems to be quite jovial, yet wears some sort of symbol around his neck with a mace at his side; as well as an elf, who like many elves carries a staff and seems to fit in perfectly in this environment. It is he who speaks next.

    You sir, are no elf. You have the frame of one of my kind, but the rest of you does not match one such as I. And if you are pretending to be an elf, you should know that we are certainly not ones to be trifled with ourselves!

    After his outburst, he goes back to his drink.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Bitzeralisis's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Wilarmis

    "A foolish thing for one such as you to say," mumbles Wilarmis. "I bet that any of we could take you all out without getting a scratch on any of us. Then again, I'd rather not kill you, so, meh." His voice is riddled with anger, his hatred of discrimination of his own kind let loose. In the sinister language of the Demons, he says, "You should be smart enough not to mess with us." Slowly, he takes out a single coin from his pocket, and mumbles some magical words1. He aims the coin at the human, listening intently to what he has to say, both verbally and in his mind.

    1Detect Thoughts. Will DC: 21. Spellcraft DC: 17.
    ·Bitzeralisis·
    Avatar: Rogue

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lost

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Elzaon

    Elzaon's face shows a bitter smile as he addresses the elf.

    Not one of your kind? No. I am above you. I am a Drow. A type of elf that was around long ago. Your "kind" killed mine over 1000 years ago because you were afraid of us. Of what we could do. Of how in the future we could destroy you. So before we had time to become a great race, you destroyed us. I'm a cleric, so I'll give a few seconds to pray to whatever god you worship before I kill you.

    The other party members will notice that Elzaon is in "that mood". The pure, raging evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.
    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    DM

    With the mentioning of killing, a few of the patrons that were left seem to leave some coins on the table and take their leave. With the speaking of the demon tongue, which all have either heard a Wizard speak or in passing, a few more walk out the door. The rest leave when the words of the arcane are loosed. Many if not all of them do not know what it means, but living in a city full of the Arcane makes you weary.

    The human peers up, seemingly aware of an intrusion in his mind but unable to control it. The halfling next to him notices the casting, and casts a spell of his own onto the human.

    The elf, on the other hand, seems to take utmost offense at the casting. He speaks, and actually stands out of his chair to do so.

    *You pretenders DARE to assault my friend's dignity with such an intrusion! I will show you the wrath of a TRUE Elf!*

    The elf then begins to cast his own spell, and after a few short seconds disappears.

    The old man behind the bar merely sighs, and goes into the back room. The troublemakers of the Moonstars (which include almost everyone) realize he is going to go get something to protect the inn, though every time he goes back there he returns with something different.


    Detect Thoughts result
    Spoiler
    Show

    The human is obviously drunk, as his thoughts are rather random. He begins thinking of skewering Palemeaus, then about taking the beautiful barmaid upstairs (she's quite on the ugly side, actually), then on how elves are so lithe, and wished he had a female one to play with. It seems at any moment he could pull a weapon or merely sit back down and drink some more.


    Spells that were cast
    Spoiler
    Show

    Anyone with a Spellcraft of 16 knows which two spells were cast. The halfling cast Protection from Evil and the Elf cast invisibility.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lost

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Elzaon

    Elzaon smiles. Muttering a few words under his breath, he casts Invisibility Purge.

    Oh, I'm sorry. Were you trying to hide? Now stop hiding, and face me like a true elf!

    He then draws his mace.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2007-10-07 at 04:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.
    Spoiler
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    DM

    With the casting of invisibility purge, everyone present catches the Elvin Wizard attempting to sneak out the front door. Apparently he almost made it without being seen, as he is just steps from the portal.

    After being purged of his invisibility, the Wizard certainly seems deflated and offers one last piece of advice for his comrades before fleeing in cowardice.
    *Everyone for themselves!*, and he runs out the door.

    With this, the halfling at the table smacks his forehead, and wonders not for the first time what he is doing with this troupe. The human however, seems to have a different idea.

    With the mace being drawn, the human reacts quite quickly, standing from his chair and drawing both of his short swords simultaneously. In a seemingly very sober manner, he attains a fighting stance.
    *How unfair of you to draw a weapon in a bar fight. Shame shame. Maybe I will teach you and your friends a lesson after all.*


    Detect Thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show

    With the possibility of a fight at hand, the thoughts of this human turn coldly calculating, and apparently devoid of any alcohol influence. It seems to be his intent to knock the Lesser Drow down, and stab him where it hurts.
    Last edited by Bronz; 2007-10-07 at 04:59 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Bitzeralisis's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Wilarmis

    Wilarmis sighs. "Here we go again." And at that, he draws his Wand of Magic Missile. "Watch out, Elzaon," he says in Abyssal. "Seems that the human wants to hurt you."

    Initiative - (1d20+5)[20]
    Last edited by Bitzeralisis; 2007-10-07 at 05:05 PM.
    ·Bitzeralisis·
    Avatar: Rogue

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lost

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Elzaon

    Coward. Mutters Elzaon as he sees the elf leaving.

    So it does. No matter.

    Elzaon casts harm, then (assuming he's within 30 ft of the human) walks over and tries to touch him.
    (Melee touch attack) (1d20+10)[23]

    (If it hits, it does 130 damage, or 65 if he makes a DC 21 will save)
    Initiative (1d20+7)[25]
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    DM
    DM Tracks (no peeking!)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Rinit - (1d20+8)[26]
    Cinit - (1d20+6)[23]
    Binit - (1d20+0)[20]






    Map!
    Spoiler
    Show



  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    DM
    It somehow turns out that the rogue is quicker than everyone, which is quite an amazing feat considering the amount of speed that this party possesses.

    He lunges forward, apparently charging at and attempting to gut Elzaon. He catches Elzaon unawares, but is unable to pierce the magical deflection, though it was a very close call.

    Human's attack
    Spoiler
    Show

    attack - (1d20+13)[21]
    damage - (1d6+2)[5] + sneak - (5d6)[13]
    He now stands right next to Elzaon, in square K5. Pel is allowed an AoO from the human charging through his threatened squares.


    Next up is Elzoan.
    Last edited by Bronz; 2007-10-07 at 06:13 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lost

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Elzaon

    Elzaon takes a 5-foot step backwards and casts Harm. He steps forwards 5 feet, and tries to touch the rogue.

    (I already have the attack and damage. Check my last post.)
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Pelemaeus

    "Here we go again." Pelemaeus sighs and draws his rapier. "I may not look like an elf of these sorts, but I come from a city of giants and dragons, I have no fear of petty humans such as you. Especially when they're drunk, and cannot decide whether to hit like a man, or snuggle up with that not so cute barmaid.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative Roll: (1d20+12)[30]

    Ghost Blade Maneuver Attack: (1d10+20)[29]
    Ghost Blade Maneuver Damage: (1d6+3)[7]

    Death in the Dark Maneuver Attack: (1d10+20)[27] Edit: -5 for the Second Attack. So 22.
    Death in the Dark Maneuver Damage: (1d6+3)[9]
    --Target must now make a will save of DC 20.
    ----If the target fails the will save, he takes another (15d6)[59] Damage.
    ----If the target makes the save, he takes another (5d6)[19] Damage instead.

    Pelemaeus will attack with Supernal Clarity using first the Shadow Hand Maneuver 'Ghost Blade' and if he hits, he will cause the targeted human who happens to be next to Elzaon to be flat footed. Since the opponent is flat footed, Pelemaeus will follow through with the Shadow Hand Maneuver 'Death in the Dark' just for kicks .


    "I really do hate cracking skulls. Why can't we all just get along anyway? Oh wait, the guy's drunk. Excuse me."

    Spoiler
    Show
    As for my Attack of Opportunity, I don't believe I am granted one, since I didn't have my weapon drawn, and I don't have Quick Draw.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2007-10-07 at 06:40 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    DM

    The human, after trying to skewer one of his new foes, gets skewered himself. Acting with lightning quick speed, Pel lights up the ill-fated human. He digs Supernal Clarity deep into the rogue's thigh, although he seems to shake off the after effects.

    Shortly after this however, Elzaon walks up and dooms the poor man with the power of death itself, sapping all the life energies from him. As the poor man slouches to the floor, Pel takes the opportunity to finish him off, lightly punching Clarity through the mans throat, spewing blood everywhere.

    At this point, the halfling at the table laughs uncontrollably, unable to maintain concentration on anything.

    A few short moments later the bartender comes through the doors into the main room, holding a very strange device. He doesn't use it, at least not now, with a look of shock upon his tired face.

    *You all have become a bit more prolific in dealing death since last I saw you. I indeed hope you remember that the guards around here are fairly prompt if a problem is reported. If you could, for me, clean this mess up a bit.*

    He then turns around, and seems to place the device nearer to him by the bar, in a small jewelry box and mutters to himself how things will just never change.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lost

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Elzaon

    His evil rage ended, Elzaon looks almost embarressed standing over the dead human. He quietly bends down and mutters a sendoff into the afterlife. He then begins looting the human. When he's done he takes the human by the chest and looks to the innkeep with a "Where do you want him?" look.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Pelemaeus

    "Oh my, what a waste of a person... well, we might as well dispose of him, if we're to avoid the wrath of the police. I mean we may not be entirely altruistic, although I have no intention of going all out with a platoon of guards..."

    After this statement, Pelemaeus picks up the dead body and drags him out the door, to dump him in the waste heap. As he leaves, he calls out to one of his fellow party members, "Hey, I'll take care of the body, and you get rid of the bloodstains."

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lost

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    ((Assume I left him after taking his stuff then, so Pelemaeus could take the body))

    Elzaon grabs a mop (I assume there's one around somewhere) and cleans up the blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Pelemaeus

    Pelemaeus returns from outside, with a blank expression on the face. He approaches the Barkeep and apologizes to the Barman for the mess, tossing some 4 coppers to him for the drink and the mess.

    He then returns to the table, and sits back down, as if nothing had happened just a few moments before.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    DM

    The halfling finally stops laughing as the blood is being swept up. At about the same time, he takes a pouch off his hip, tests its weight by tossing it slightly, and sets it on the table. He then simply walks out, still chuckling to himself.

    ((This assumes no one stops him. If that is the case, do let me know.))

    The body is easily disposed of, though some amount of patience is needed because no one wants to be carrying a dead body with people around.

    Old man bartender seems to be happy enough that the mess is being taken care of, and sends the barmaid to gather the pouch left by the halfling.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lost

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    ((What did I find while looting?))
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.
    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    ((What did I find while looting?))
    I'd appreciate if that went into a spoiler or more appropriately, the OOC thread.
    Pelemaeus

    "From the looks of that man, he probably wasn't the wealthiest of people, although I could be mistaken,"mumbled Pelemaeus under his breath..."What a pity, an innocent life gone to waste.

    He turns to Elzaon and says, "What did you find anyway? Perhaps he was richer than I assumed him to be?"
    Last edited by Neftren; 2007-10-07 at 08:07 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lost

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    Elzaon

    2 Shortswords, a dagger, and some coins.
    He casts Detect Magic on the three weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.
    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Solaria (IC)

    DM

    Time Passes...

    Each party member is afforded their own room, and each presumedly spent the night there. The next morning is much like any day, and the inn seems to be bustling with activity with merchants, laborers, and their ilk, all wanting a good hearty meal before the days work. Last night's bloody business apparently has been kept quiet, as there isn't even a rumor floating around inside the inn.

    During breakfast, a small...man it could be, walks in and looks around. Apparently not seeing what he wanted to see, approaches the barkeep.

    He hands the barkeep a rolled up parchment of some type, and tells him to give that to Captain Myus when he arrives, although this man apparently expected him to be here already. The strange figure then turns around and walks right out of the inn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •