New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Solaria (IC)

1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Solaria (IC)

Wilarmis

Wilarmis is sitting in his room, polishing his Wand, finishing up his breakfast. He then starts studying his Spellbook. He's preparing more utility spells than person-killing spells today.

Today's Spells:
    Spoiler
    Show

Code:
    2 × Detect Magic
    2 × Read Magic

2 × Reduce Person
    2 × Ray of Enfeeblement
    1 × Shield
    1 × Grease

2 × See Invisibility
    3 × Detect Thoughts
    1 × Invisibility

1 × Phantom Steed
    1 × Dispel Magic
    1 × Slow
    1 × Haste
    1 × Ray of Exhaustion
    1 × Mage Armor, Greater [CA] (25 GP)

1 × Dimension Door
    1 × Remove Curse
    1 × Confusion
    2 × Burning Blood [CA]

2 × Dominate Person
    1 × Permanency
    1 × Prying Eyes

1 × True Seeing
    1 × Analyze Dweomer
    1 × Mislead

1 × Teleport, Greater
    1 × Arcane Sight, Greater
    ·Bitzeralisis·

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Elzaon
    Elzaon sits in his room, getting his spells.

Spoiler
    Show
    Today's spells: Same as on CS.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

3. - Top - End - #33

[OOC]Dar' Sunnova Brackin' Frickin'!
    *Shoots Having-To-Go in the face*[/OOC]

The Harpist

And the Harpist is in the common room of the inn/tavern. He came downstairs at the first sign of dawn, and picked a spot in the area close to the Hearth to sit down.
    And he waits patiently for the others to rise.
    The Chilli God has Spoken.
    ---

4. - Top - End - #34

Wilarmis

Wilarmis comes down into the common room, and sees The Harpist. "Hrm, so that's where Mr. Harp-y is." Wilarmis walks up to him and pokes him. "Now I'm bored, I'm going to go -- "
    *logs out*
    ·Bitzeralisis·

5. - Top - End - #35

The Harpist

The Harpist doesn't look at Wilarmis' exact direction when he is poked, more a little to the left as though he isn't quite sure where the wizard actually is.
    "You should know well my stance on any personal physical contact, Wilarmis." the man says with absoluteness, having guessed the voice of the elf. Indeed, loss of entire limbs is expected for those who touch the Harpist. "The slight is forgiven, however, in the spirit of reunion." There is no spirit whatsoever in the human's voice.

He will remain in his seat for the entire duration of the day and its accompanying night, unless prodded into a different course of action.
    Last edited by The_Chilli_God; 2007-10-08 at 12:14 AM.
    ---

6. - Top - End - #36

SolithKnightGuy

DM

Time Passes...again
    In the middle of the next day, another man comes through the door of By the Book. This one looks taller, and slimmer than the other, but is dressed in very similar garb (a simple black robe). He strides forward and asks the bartender of the whereabouts of Myus, is told that he has not returned yet, and frantically looks around the room. In desperation, he asks the bartender who takes contracts for the Moonstars in his absence, and with the bartender not knowing (it would have been Myus' brother), he simply shakes his head. The bartender then goes on to point out The Harpist that is sitting alone at one table by the hearth, and the other table that has the rest of you, waiting.

*Well, there they are. Ask them yourself. Just try not to insult them...for my sake.*

The strange man then walks over to the table with the strange elves. He gives a slight nod in respect and goes on to state his business...sort of.

*Who..who should I be talking to?*

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Pelemaeus

"Well, that'd depend on a few answers. To start, who are ye lookin' for? To end, why should we not gut you on the spot? Or, if you're looking to join the Moonstars, well ye'll have to wait until the Cap'n returns."

Pelemaeus shifts, so that Supernal Clarity is well within reaching distance yet revealed to the man. From his expression though, you can tell he is not after a fight, merely to avoid a bloody mess. He did not like cleaning up that body.

8. - Top - End - #38

SolithKnightGuy

DM

The man drops his hood and looks directly at Pel. He has a fairly pale complexion and black/brown hair left unkempt. What really gets Pel's attention are his eyes however, and Pel is immediately drawn to them like a moth towards flame. After an instant though, Pel draws himself out of it, and finds that he successfully fought off an intrusion to his mind. He has probably done this many times to Wil before, so the feeling is rather famaliar.

Having seen this reaction, that man speaks again.
    *Hmmm, interesting. I see why my master wants you. To answer your questions, in order they were asked. One, I am looking for Captain Myus, and seeing as he is not here any Moonstar will do. Two, you could certainly "gut" me, but I fear it will do you no good, so you can decide that on your own. Three, I have no want or need to join the Moonstars.

Whether you like me or not is of no concern. What is of concern is my master's wishes, and he wishes to speak to all of you.*

The strange man then slowly puts his hand inside his robe, and draws out a scroll. The scroll looks strangely familiar to the one that was left just two days prior.

Please, do stop by.

With that, the man turns on his heels and seems about to walk out, though he hesitates just for a moment.

//Unless interupted, the man walks out of the inn.

9. - Top - End - #39

The Harpist

Ignoring that flighty person who just left, The Harpist suddenly stands up and, with his staff guiding his way around the tables, makes his way to the barkeep's counter.
    He says to the barkeep quite simply but while not quite looking at him, "A package was dropped off earlier yesterday from someone claiming to seek Captain Myus. I require it."
    Last edited by The_Chilli_God; 2007-10-08 at 02:06 PM.
    ---

10. - Top - End - #40

SolithKnightGuy

DM

The barkeep simply replies,

*Here you go, though that was meant for Captain Myus. Seeing as he hasn't quite arrived yet I don't think he'll mind, though.*

The package is a piece of paper, rolled up to fit neatly in a scroll case. It is sealed with a black sealing wax that is stamped with a plain circle, no insignia whatsoever.

11. - Top - End - #41

The Harpist

The Harpist breaks the seal on the paper and opens it, runs his hand over the writing, then frowns and walks over to where the others are sitting.
    "Read it for us," he asks the closest one to him.
    ---

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Elzaon

Elzaon takes the paper, looking a bit cautious, and reads it.
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

13. - Top - End - #43

SolithKnightGuy

Elzoan picks up the piece of paper, and begins to read out in Abyssal. Myus...it reads, and then the inn shakes. A massive explosion of force begins from the paper, exploding in Elzoan's face. Those around him dive for cover, as the ground, table, and the scroll are completely destroyed, throwing splinters all about the room.

After the explosion, the room falls quiet, and every single patron simply gets up, and leaves.

@Elzoan
    Spoiler
    Show

You take damage - (6d6)[30] points of force damage.

@All those immediately around him
    Spoiler
    Show

Reflex save for half vs. DC 17. Take full or half of damage - (6d6)[25] force damage.

@Those with Spellcraft DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show

An explosive runes just went off.
    Last edited by Bronz; 2007-10-08 at 06:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Pelemaeus

Pelemaeus dodges out of the way, far faster than you would think he could move. He rolls, flips down a table and takes cover behind it, listening to the explosion tear apart the room.

After the deafening rumbles of the explosion die down, he slowly pokes his head up, wondering what exactly had just happened.

15. - Top - End - #45

SolithKnightGuy

DM

The bartender, after ducking behind the sturdy bar, peaks his head up as well.
    *I guess 3 years of peace and quiet was enough, *sigh**

16. - Top - End - #46

Wilarmis

Reflex Save - (1d20+9)[26] vs 17

Wilarmis had nearly reached cover, but was too late — the explosion had already caught up to him. "...ouch. It seems that one of my childhood friend's1 favorite spells has been just set off." Wilarmis pokes his wounds and winces in pain. "I think some healing could be used at the moment. Stupid Explosive Runes." He looks around at his fellow teammates. "You all okay?"

(( Speaking of spells, keep it up with all those spells in spoilers. Wilarmis just happens to have a +27 bonus on Spellcraft, and has a subconscious habit of identifying every spell he hears or sees. ))

Hit Points: 39/52
    Last edited by Bitzeralisis; 2007-10-08 at 08:40 PM.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

17. - Top - End - #47

Marcus comes rushing down the stairs when he hears the explosion go off. He's dressed in his brilliantly shiny armor with his sword strung across his back, ready for action. Jumping down past the final few steps he lands gracefully on his feet and rushes over to the group. "Nasty bit of buisnes I take it? Glad to see you made it Wil, I'd have sorely missed that noggin of yours if you hadn't." Looking at the rest of the group and taking stock of the situation he asks, "So, anyone remember pissing in a mage's tankard?"
    Last edited by Bigmac; 2007-10-08 at 08:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Wilarmis

"Good to see you too, Marcus." Wilarmis nods to him, and winces in pain again. He then turns to Pelemaeus. "I wonder if that other scroll is rigged as well. Arcane Sight!"
    ·Bitzeralisis·

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Elzaon

Elzaon took the brunt of the explosion and looks to be in a lot of pain. He casts Cure Critical Wounds on himself.

(4d8+13)[26]

20. - Top - End - #50

Wilarmis

"That second scroll has... hrm... three? No, two layers to it..." Wilarmis stares at the scroll, his eyes still glowing blue. "They're minor auras, one's divination, one's transmutation. I wonder what they are? I have nothing better to do with today's spells, and the day's nearly over anyways, so I've really got nothing to lose. I need to be able to see the scroll, please."

Supposing that Pelemaeus hands over the scroll willingly, Wilarmis will take out a small lens of sapphire set in a small, golden hoop. He'll then cast Analyze Dweomer and stare at the scroll.
    Last edited by Bitzeralisis; 2007-10-08 at 10:11 PM.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

21. - Top - End - #51

The Harpist
    66/78 hp

He could not have possibly known that the piece of paper was trapped, but the Harpist is rather pleased that he did pass the death trap to someone else.
    Still means that he's hurt, though.
    "A pleasant start. What did you find about the other scroll?"
    ---

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Elzaon

Elzaon is a bit irked about the last scroll.

How about you open this one Harper?

(Harper is his nickname for the Harpist. Calling someone "The Harpist" or even "Harpist" seems weird to me)
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2007-10-08 at 10:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Wilarmis

"Don't open it yet, Harp-y. It seems that the scroll is biased: a contingent Erase spell triggered by a Detect Alignment spell. In other words, it's writing will disappear if someone the scroll doesn't like reads it. I might be able to do something about it. Dispel Magic!" Wilarmis waves his hands around.

CasterLevelCheck - (1d20+10)[12]
    ·Bitzeralisis·

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Pelemaeus

Pelemaeus hands over the scroll.

"Wait, before you attempt to dispel any magic on it... I wonder if the scroll is triggered by a verbal command? Would it still explode in our faces if we just read it without speaking aloud?"

25. - Top - End - #55

The Harpist Bwa-ha-ha, nobody gets the reference. Excellent.

The Harpist looks agitated as he cracks his neck slowly.

"Just because one piece of paper is trapped doesn't mean that the other is. That message boy said to 'stop by,' his master's place without giving an address. There is an address in there, not a trap.
    And even if it is a trap, the last trap was hardly impressive."
    He smiles. A trap that isn't fatal isn't a decent trap at all.
    ---

26. - Top - End - #56

Wilarmis

"The scroll will not explode or otherwise damage any of us. Again, the writing on scroll will disappear if ready by somebody that it doesn't like. Or, somebody that isn't allied to whoever this scroll is keyed to." Wilarmis pokes the scroll. "Either it's for us, or it's for someone else who plans on disguising themselves as one of us." Wilarmis starts to pace back and forth, looking downwards, left land on chin, and the rest of the Moonstars knows he's about to go on a lecture-rampage-thing.

"We have a few choices of what to do here. The first one is we open the scroll and read it right now. Our second option is to wait and see if anybody comes to pick up the scroll. The third option is to let me try dispelling the two spells again tomorrow."
    "The former choice, namely opening the scroll and reading it now, carries the highest amount of risk. We have a, oh, sixty or seventy percent chance that the scroll will not disappear, erm, the writing on the scroll, that is. On the smaller chance's side, the scroll's writing disappears and we don't know what it says.
    "The second choice is also a bit risky. What would happen in a full party of opponents enter and try to kill us for the scroll? Then again, that is very unlikely, so never mind. It takes time. Obviously. We are going to wait. And where the heck is Mr. Captain guy right now?
    "Erm, yeah. Third choice I favor the most. Because it deals with my magic, of course. And because it carries the least risk of anything bad happening. I just try to dispel the magic a few times, poof! and the scroll is ours to read."

Wilarmis stops pacing.

"........"

Wilarmis stares at the Harpist for a moment.

"Gah, what the heck, just open it and read it. Sheesh."
    ·Bitzeralisis·

27. - Top - End - #57

"Of course we open it now. Give it here." Marcus grabs the scroll and smiles. "What's the worst that could happen? If it disappears, we say good riddance and grab a bite to eat and share a few tales."

With that Marcus opens the scroll and begins to read it silently where the others can see.

28. - Top - End - #58

SolithKnightGuy

The seal on the scroll easily breaks, much like the last time. Marcus begins to try and read it...but finds out he does not understand the writing on the page.

Nothing seems to happen to the scroll.

29. - Top - End - #59

Wilarmis

Watching, Wilarmis tries to make heads or tails of the writing.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

30. - Top - End - #60

SolithKnightGuy

DM

Wil tries reading over Marcus's shoulder, with success. It was indeed in Abyssal and the writing doesn't seem to go away.

The note reads:

@Bitz
    Spoiler
    Show

Myus...and those who follow you,
    My old friend, the time has come again for my need of your services. These past 200 years have been long, but the patience will be worth it. Bring your band to me, and we shall discuss what is to be done...and the price of course.

The letter is signed not with a name, but with a mark. Inside a circle, 4 lines are drawn parallel to each other from top right to bottom left. In between each is a symbol of an element...air, water, earth, and finally air.
    Last edited by Bronz; 2007-10-09 at 04:26 PM.