Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 216
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    The Conclave of the Black Sun

    Elizabeth nodded respectfully at the recognition of her arc pistol, though idly wondered how he'd react if he'd noticed the bomb replacing her jetpack's internals. His abrupt change of subject, however, had her creasing her forehead. "I posed a similar question on arrival, but am no closer to an answer. Many present here closely resemble humanity - I'm a human - but I can't be certain how closely they resemble the Gelean Genetic Mean without testing."

    If they were close enough to that (though not too close), this meeting of the races might prove a more permanent answer to the genome problem, but that was an issue for later perusal. She frowned.

    "At any rate, I'm not personally aware of any such empire. My people are descended from survivors from an accident involving damage to a colony ship, and our historical logs were damaged prior to that event."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    Admiral Elizabeth was interrupted by a man she would recognize to be inappropriately dressed for such a momentous occasion. Silver rimmed spectacles, a snug grey hoodie, dark blue jeans and sneakers. His hair was greying prematurely at the temples, extending down his salt-and-pepper sideburns. Having swung into view, he lifted a handheld display towards her before introduce himself. Dr. Stradford then did not introduce himself.

    "Tell me when you see a language you recognize."

    Abundantly clever, the linguist had been toying with the device for several minutes already and had realized the chamber automatically translated everything it perceived as an attempt at meaning without fail. Every file on his tablet had been converted to his native English. Even audio recordings of the primitive Corthish gruntings were translated. So too the rapid, high pitched clicks of the bat-like creatures they called Wyverns. Wyverns were not only vastly more intelligent than previously thought, they were poetic geniuses.

    The tablet displayed a rendered ink brush briskly writing letters in one Celenian language after another.

    "The universal translator here works on complete words, or meaningful individual characters. But it looks like phonemes and brushstrokes are exempt," he explained.

    B...O...N...J...O...U...R
    न...म...स्...ते
    G...U...T...T...E...N...T...A...G
    H...E...L...L...O


    The Gelean Republic and Whoever the Hell This Is

    The Viceroy had been about to respond to the Admiral's tale and perhaps share some solidarity in how both their people's had recovered from calamitous events, but alas, some unidentified individual, another human it seemed, had chosen to interrupt. His eyes shifted from the Admiral to the new arrival and his expression darkened slightly before he gave a loud cough to clear his throat.
    "I am sure your scientific inquiry is most fascinating whoever you are, but unless I am mistaken you have at least twenty years in which to pursue it. Perhaps a great deal longer, I know nothing of your species life cycle."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheDarkDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Vilari

    Among the aliens waiting along the perimeter of the Odeum Δ was a single representative of uncertain intent. Standing more that two meters tall, most of the alien's body was sheathed in silver-black ceramic armor, the glossy surface broken regularly by pulsating patterns of electric blue. Only the creature's face was open to the elements, revealing maroon scales and an impassively featureless face. Unlike many assembled, it lacked both lips and nose, its emotions hidden behind a hardened face-plate that rose into a crest reminiscent of coral or the petals of a flower. Its black eyes seemed overlarge for its head, and burned with red irises that shifted constantly in the bright light of the Simulacrum. It stood perfectly still as Guardian spoke, arms folded behind its back, until at last the Odeum erupted into activity. Arms emerged, and in each six-fingered hand was an orb of the same material as the alien's suit.

    <Record.>

    The two drones hummed to life, rising into the air and slowly drifting into place above the common area. Their master followed, eyes scanning the assembled multitudes intent on a few key species. But then a commotion from another Doorlight Balcony, as a reptilian alien collapsed to its hands. The silent representative's lower lip quirked, and it turned to meet the distraught delegate at the end of her staircase.

    <Greetings, traveler.>

    The creature's right hand rose, palm outwards and with all fingers splayed open.

    <Are you well? Forgive our presumption, but we noticed your distress upon the Doorway.>

    Later...

    His business with the Rhosh concluded, the Speaker continued into the Odeum proper. However, once again he found himself diverted from his task by the sight of the delegation from Hearth. Approaching the circle of elders, he raised his hand once again.

    <Greetings, travelers. We see you are honored elders, and would ease your time here if we are able.>
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2019-06-18 at 12:55 PM.

    I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

    If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Behind you

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Spoiler: The Droccen Imperium
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperP. View Post
    A welcoming smile brightened Sai's features and her Guardian nodded slightly to show his approval of the topic, namely himself.

    "Yes, hello! I am Princess Sai of Droccen, as you know." Her face squinched in thought for a moment before her Guardian aided her memory.

    "Sector G-25." Sai's face cleared in recognition.

    "Oh of course! How wonderful to meet a neighbor! This is my Guardian, Kuro. He is no mere machine, however." She looked slightly embarrassed by the thought but continued.

    "Guardians may have a metal construct but inside of them reside the spirits of our Droccen ancestors. They act as guide as well as guardians. They're very loyal, once they've bonded with their wards they will never leave their sides until death. And then their spirits are free once again and the construct becomes inert." She pouted slightly, thinking again of her Grandmother and her Guardian who she was very fond of.

    "It must sound very strange to you!" She tilted her head slightly, the large bun of white hair wobbling with the motion.

    Svetlana nodded and smiled at the Princess. "It does, actually; we have nothing similar in the Commonwealth. But after what I have already seen in this place, it does not surprise me. It is wonderful that your ancestors can continue to aid you in such a way."

    As she spoke, her smile grew broader, shadowed by the red dots around her mouth. From a distance, an observer might seem to see two smiles for a moment.

    "Do you think we might be able to bring some of your Guardians to Zara? Our researchers would love to gain a stronger grip on the spiritual side of this universe."

    Her grin changed to a secretive half-smile, and she whispered the last few words.

    "And just between you and me, some of them could use the advice in other things, too. Some of them aren't exactly the brightest."




    Spoiler: Grymlans and Celestia
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelWizard View Post
    Of Grymlans and Ships

    "Wow-wow, an ocean planet?" Jeejee grinned as she added some information to her handcomputer. "Our homeworld, DirtCradle, is different I think. Several deepoceans, but several earthland types. Tallcrags, grassseas, sandseas, hometrees, and even the Death Lands, thats were we foundsaved OwO."

    The conversation turned back to Natascha's questioning in regards to the Grymlan ship.

    "No-no," Jeejee's tail flicked irritably. "We only gotgiven the makeprints for the GLD. Inspiration sounds like a heckingcool name, but we haven't craftmade any darkships with that name much less seven." She chuckled uneasily, "If Grymlans had foundmade FTL godrives other peoples would knowmet us before now."

    Mizusk acknowledged the Grymlan's homeworld with a nod and a "I see you have a much more varied planet than we," reminding himself to ask about the "Death Lands" later. He continued not to interfere in the argument, contenting himself to watch and listen - as unlikely as it seemed that a Grymlan ship had somehow traveled a quarter of the way across the galaxy before now, and though the video seemed potentially doctored, now was not the time to speak.
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2019-06-18 at 01:50 PM. Reason: consistent formatting
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

    Commonwealth of Zara in Empire! 5
    Ti Linnad in Empire! 4

    Spoiler: My PbP
    Show
    Games I play

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground
     
    QuintonBeck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    The broadcast received by SPR satellites and terrestrial radar was not the first alien signal to have been detected in recent history, that honor went to the Sisterhood of Silence's broadcasts which had brought ancient knowledge of the One to a society just recovering from the edge of collapse, but these broadcasts were certainly the first to explicitly contain instructions rather than vaguer moral truths. There had been no testing of the device, the limited energy available to the SPR research team tasked with its construction had only just seen it completed, and no more could be spared outside the amount needed to activate it on the day designated by the broadcast. The Chairman for his part was intrigued by the broadcast and the device but much of his time in the lead up to the appointed date had been spent administering on Presidium and overseeing the sweeping military reformations he had implemented from his position as Chairman. So it was that when the day came he had acquiesced to the accompaniment of the design team's lead researcher an older woman named Janice Zakar on the principle that she knew more about this mysterious device than anyone else in the Terron system. The two official representatives were accompanied by two Red Fleet Marine NCOs toting lead and powder machine guns and lightweight body armor.

    Stepping through the Light Doorway the Chairman, dressed in a suit and tie of the modern style, and Researcher Zakar dressed similarly to the Chairman with a white lab coat overtop found themselves feeling severely underprepared for the sight before them. The multitude of alien races was almost overwhelming and the disappearance of their guards' weaponry was alarming but as the screen containing AI Guardian spoke to the assembled delegations Vaou felt his nerves settling though his mind continued to race. As the Guardian wrapped up his eyes began scanning the other delegations and to his surprise found a large number of humans, or near-humans at least, standing throughout the atrium. To his left Janice was filming everything on a high quality video recorder while occasionally setting it down with a view of the central area to scribble notes furiously in her notebook. The Chairman found her penchant for pen and paper somewhat charming but made no mention of it as he instructed his Marines to remain vigilant but to start no conflicts. When Janice again set the recorder down he picked it up and backed it up to the moment Guardian had displayed the galactic map, zooming in to see his own system's identification and making mental note of those nearby as well as those identified as adherents of the One. With this information the Chairman strode into the Odeum eager to make friends and perhaps discover a means to address the energy crisis back in Terron.

    The SoS
    Chairman Vaou approached the silent sister the AI had indicated was representing the Sisterhood of Silence at this meeting. In truth the Chairman knew little of these mysterious aliens but he did know their messages had aided the SPR's founders in forging a clear direction forward out of the devastation left by war between the Old Nations.

    "Sister, it is a pleasure indeed to put a a face to the name. My name is Vaou Ren of the Terron System. I believe it was your organization who broadcast messages regarding the One which helped save my people from the brink of collapse. Though it has been nearly a century since those broadcasts first graced our spaceways we are forever in your debt. Know that the sublime People's Republic stands with your Sisterhood and shall endeavor to offer what aid we can in accomplishing your mission to...defend the Core?" this final bit was half a question as much as it was a statement of conviction.

    The AI had mentioned a forbidden zone but the Chairman had no sense of purpose for this apparent vigil kept by the Sisterhood though he trusted fellow followers of the One, indeed those whom had brought such knowledge to his predecessors, to have good reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by KriegTiger View Post
    Tezh Consensus
    Spoiler
    Show

    After having made initial contact with the Stozudal the notion of more life in the universe was not so far fetched, but the method of the message was very intriguing. On top of that it arrived at a conspicuously coincidental time, being detected(initiated?) as they were just on the edge of breakthrough for FTL tech that would allow them to escape the confines of Yutov.

    Unsure of what precisely to expect on this precise date, other than expecting more than the improbably perfect blank white slate of their limited prior testing with the Tessering Construct, Talotius had assembled their appearance into a hopefully neutral yet official appearance.

    Spoiler: Talotius' appearance
    Show
    The dark tinted Aether gemstone that was their core floated approximately two meters from the floor and rotated slowly around a vertical axis. Faintly visible in the confines of the nearly eight inch diameter translucent facets were five further shapes, each appearing to glow with its own mote of light and each also unique in facet count. These inner gems would gracefully trade places, shifting to the fore or background as the Tezh interacted with various races.

    For a body Talotius had instructed their subframes to form into a slightly wide column roughly echoing the bi-pedal dimensions of the Stozudal, the parabolic dish shape of the components creating the impression of a figure wrapped in a flowing scale cloak with shallow collar one of the wide sides of the Aether stone to give the perception of a definite ‘front’ and ‘back’ - not that it mattered to Talotius’ perception of their surroundings.

    With the head of the Stozudal science council in tow, Talotius crosses the threshold and rather than the empty canvas of space they had perceived before they find the odeum absolutely bustling with life and activity. It is an absolute delight and surprise, causing the Aether stone’s inner gems to flare brightly with interest before settling back to a muted glow of polite calm.

    The Stozudal representative on the other hand does everything they can not to shriek in reflex to the variety of creatures on display, managing to contain it to a strangled gasp with eyes wide darting in every direction alternating between fascination and panic in response to the various figures. After a few moments they regain enough composure to quietly request an exit.

    The Aether stone dips forward in semblance of a nod and one of the shoaling subframes begins to glow faintly. Talotius ‘voice’ is at once cacophonous and melodious; a chorus that emanates from the Aether stone, and a sharp ear might pick out five distinct tones compared to the quiet single intonation of the Stozudal.

    “All will be preserved” they say, and the representative retreats from the odeum as quickly as they feel is decorous.

    Odeum Δ

    Talotius wanders the great hall mostly listening and observing, but more than happy to open communication with other sentients on any range of topics. They listen to the various questions from the collected representatives and then spend time seeking out the representatives of neighboring species to make contact and try to get a feel for how diplomatic communication will go.

    Dimplomatic introductions (separate encounters):
    Rocthurhi
    The Sublime People’s Republic
    Dawnstar Dominion
    The Federated Churches of Origin’s End
    The Duenem

    “We offer greetings, on behalf of the Tezh Consensus, We are Talotius. We understand that our people exist in galactic proximity. If it is agreeable to you, We would seek to enter diplomatic relations for the betterment of all.

    Guardian:
    “We offer greetings, Guardian, on behalf of the Tezh Consensus and gratitude for the Tessering Construct/doorlight device. As We have worked to uplift the Stozudal to partnership with us, it pleases us to know there are other beings beyond Tezh capabilities working to elevate to even greater heights. We Tezh look forward to physicality/partnership with other species.

    Query: Please define/elaborate on the unresolved Arbiter incident”


    West Hallway:

    Droccen Imperium:
    While mingling in the West Hallway, Talotius overhears a brief exchange with Sister Gertwin and turns to find Crowned Princess Sai. After the Crowned Princess has had her audience, Talotius politely seeks to gain her attention and begin a dialogue.

    Spoiler: If Droccen accept Tezh audience. If not - skip
    Show
    "On behalf of the Tezh Consensus, We greet you Crowned Princess of Droccen, Sai, sixth of her name, Heartkeeper and adherent of the One. It saddens Us to hear that your Empress could not attend and participate in the wisdom of the One. We Tezh offer what skill we have in the welfare of sentients to aid your Empress, for we have learned that often sometimes all One needs is a different perspective to overcome adversity."


    Sister Gertwin:
    “We offer greetings, Sister, on behalf of the Tezh Consensus, We are Talotius. We understand that the Sisterhood works for the betterment of all under the guiding principle that We are all One. We too approach the universe through this perspective, as it is the native condition of the Tezh, and we feel the harmonic of existence in reality around us.

    We seek to share this perspective to all who will listen, whether to uplift and exist in physicality more harmoniously, or to elevate and move beyond physicality - all are one, regardless. Is there anything We can do to assist your order?
    Having heard the strange iridescent being, or was it beings, who referred to themselves as representative of the Tezh Consensus proclaim an adherence to the One and upon reviewing his screenshot of the galactic map Chairman Vaou decided it would be appropriate to introduce himself to the alien creature(s).

    "Greetings comrade, I am Vaou Ren of the Terror Star System. Did I hear correctly your...people are followers of the One?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Dawnstar Dominion


    It had seemed to be an ordinary find at first, some ancient relic of a lost people destined for the catalogue of the Axton Library. But it had been no ordinary artifact. The technicians & engineers were tasked with discovering the purpose of the object, and in the end, the council of the Iron Halls was convened. It took much convincing, but Aurelius was set upon the path of attendance. If this were not a trap, it had been called by someone. Someone who was not of the Dasari. Of the 'Dominion. They could be threats. Threats to the safety of his citizens. That would not do. Aurelius was clear. He must attend. It was his duty.

    After Guardian had finished, Aurelius let out a long-held breath. At last, the time had come. To meet others in the galaxy. More importantly, to gain the means to travel amongst the stars at speeds unthought before. Master Aurelius Marten Vox, dressed in a simple black, grey & gold flightsuit turned to his advisers, the four Officers he had chosen to accompany him into this unknown. So, he said, gesturing to the kerfuffle erupting about. Tariel, the Guardian. Anything you can retrieve. Information, history, you know what we need. One of the Officers, a woman dressed in flowing white robes trimmed in noble blue, nodded brusquely and strode off. Jorus, speak to the Couriers. Find their price. A taller man in crisp cream dress uniform with yellow trim and oddly worn boots saluted lazily and ambled away. Vandred, the Knights. Try not to be too... harsh. We want an understanding here, not a war. An even taller man in a high-collared jet black greatcoat & naval cap gave a toothy grin, and stalked off towards the imposing Grandmaster. Marius, see what you can do with the Tezh. Again, an understanding. A man in an equally-high collared blood red greatcoat and cap nodded, then paused. Shall I bring up the One? Aurelius frowned.Not yet, I think. Too much potential for conflict. Keep it simple. Marius bowed low, and sauntered off towards the shifting cloaked form of Talotius.

    Aurelius squared his shoulders, and carefully picked his way across the Odeum Δ towards the western hallway, and Sister Gertwin.

    Spoiler: Dignitaries Present
    Show

    Master of the Dawn, Aurelius Marten Vox, 49
    Officer of the Axton Corps, Tariel Dreiden Elien, 33
    Officer of the Expeditionary Corps, Jorus Xiren Tacitum, 38
    Officer of the Dreadfleet, Vandred Hirum Ghost, 37
    Officer of the Redfleet, Marius Nox Thresher, 31


    Spoiler: Tariel & The Guardian
    Show
    Tariel made for the Guardian. Descending to the Odeum Δ and disregarding the howl of the strangely complex speaker to the right,, she flicked a stray lock of hair back and directed her words towards the hovering machine. Guardian. It is an honour to meet you. I am the Officer of the Axton Corps, responsible for the collection of knowledge from without our borders. Yet you seem ancient, more so than our history recalls. You have records that predate our understanding. What would you require to share some small part of that history with us? Do you know how the Dasari came to be? Before the writings we have discovered, further back than our knowledge extends?


    Spoiler: Jorus & The Couriers
    Show
    Jorus sauntered over to the east hallway, admiring the exotic specimens of alien life about him. My my, he mused, these will look good in my trove. His hands languidly recording the movement patterns, communication methods, and dress choices of the organisms about him on a small datapad, Jorus approached the masked figure of the Courier. Still stroking the 'pad, he peered at the mask. My dear fellow, what is that facemask you wear? Is the atmosphere here not to your taste? Oh! Jorus' eyes were caught briefly by the passing Dipanan leader. He shook himself back to the task at hand. My sincere apologies, where was I? Ah! Your 'relays'. One is quite close to us, in fact I wish to enquire about its location; has your presence near our space affected any of the stars around us in a significant manner? I'm an explorer you see, and I'd hate to think my finds have been doctored.


    Spoiler: Vandred & The Knights
    Show
    Vandred stalked over to the towering armoured woman and her companion. He bowed low, and smiled, eyes tracing the lines of that armour, and those muscles. Impressive appearance, my lady. I am Vandred Hirum Ghost, Officer of the Dreadfleet, and councillor of the Iron Halls. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. And your advisor. I've a few questions to ask of you, if you would allow me. Shall I proceed?


    Spoiler: Marius & The Tezh
    Show
    Marius flowed through the multitude of fascinating outsiders, and stopped short, faced with the intriguing form of Talotius. Hearing its greeting, Marius bowed, eyes trained on the hovering core. Indeed, diplomatic relations seem most agreeable. I have the authority to negotiate on behalf of the Master in diplomatic matters. Shall we proceed a little more privately? [OOC: PM]


    Spoiler: Aurelius & Sister Gertwin
    Show
    Aurelius approaches with caution, taking care not to touch any of the potential foes these strange visages might hide. He had his duty after all. This revelation of galactic civilisational abundance meant a huge increase in potential dangers to the safety of his citizens. That would not do. He reached Gertwin, and inclined his head slightly. I am honoured to meet one of the custodians of the faith of the One, Sister. While I am not intimately acquainted with your creed, I do not see a reason for a disunity between those who follow the Way and those who follow the One. Would I be correct in thinking that followers of the One have no philosophical predisposition against other faiths? How much control will you assert over the teaching of your faith now that you have been revealed to your fellow followers?
    This Dawnstar Dominion was on Vaou's list of neighbors and so it was his prerogative to make their acquaintance. Straightening his tie he approached one of their representatives hand extended given this culture's apparent human physique hoping they might have similar customs as his own and would interpret the gesture peacefully.

    "Greetings comrade, I am Vaou Ren of the Terron System. I believe Guardian has indicated our relative proximity it is a pleasure to meet another form of intelligent life."

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    Vilari
    Spoiler
    Show

    Among the aliens waiting along the perimeter of the Odeum Δ was a single representative of uncertain intent. Standing more that two meters tall, most of the alien's body was sheathed in silver-black ceramic armor, the glossy surface broken regularly by pulsating patterns of electric blue. Only the creature's face was open to the elements, revealing maroon scales and an impassively featureless face. Unlike many assembled, it lacked both lips and nose, its emotions hidden behind a hardened face-plate that rose into a crest reminiscent of coral or the petals of a flower. Its black eyes seemed overlarge for its head, and burned with red irises that shifted constantly in the bright light of the Simulacrum. It stood perfectly still as Guardian spoke, arms folded behind its back, until at last the Odeum erupted into activity. Arms emerged, and in each six-fingered hand was an orb of the same material as the alien's suit.

    <Record.>

    The two drones hummed to life, rising into the air and slowly drifting into place above the common area. Their master followed, eyes scanning the assembled multitudes intent on a few key species. But then a commotion from another Doorlight Balcony, as a reptilian alien collapsed to its knees. The silent representative's lower lip quirked, and it turned to meet the distraught delegate at the end of her staircase.

    <Greetings, traveler.>

    The creature's right hand rose, palm outwards and with all fingers splayed open.

    <Are you well? Forgive our presumption, but we noticed your distress upon the Doorway.>

    Later...

    His business with the Rhosh concluded, the Speaker continued into the Odeum proper. However, once again he found himself diverted from his task by the sight of the delegation from Hearth. Approaching the circle of elders, he raised his hand once again.

    <Greetings, travelers. We see you are honored elders, and would ease your time here if we are able.>
    Identified as the Vilari by Guardian and near enough in galactic terms to be neighbors the Chairman decided it would be wise to approach the alien who reminded him vaguely of some sea creature he remembered reading about in school.

    "Greetings comrade, I am Vauo Ren of the Terror Star System. I believe Guardian has indicated our relative proximity it is a pleasure to meet another form of intelligent life," Vaou smiled wishing to remain friendly with as many of these strange beings as possible.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

    That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

    It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Moriko's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Spoiler: The Meritocracy our first ally?
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona View Post
    The Vice Marshal is at first taken aback by the ...anthropomorphic pile of ants... before reminding himself that species from all over the galaxy are present. This was probably one of the less exotic. "It is my pleasure to meet you, representatives of Mier Formica. I am in full agreement with you, we should abide by the Guardian's advice. As a start, perhaps we could sign a rudimentary treaty that will help define what our relationship will look like in the future? If your... well, I assume you have some leaders? If your leaders would open their borders to our philosophers, we would return the favor somehow, though I am not sure what exactly do you want. Perhaps we could contribute to your future military efforts... I also propose that we allow and encourage trade routes to develop between our nations. Well, what do you say?"



    It took the envoy a moment to register The Vice Marshals words, conversing verbally was still foreign to the Mier Formica. After the queens response was received they began to speak again.

    "The Mier Formica serve the Queen and as a race are in constant communication, therefor any decision made here today are direct commands of the Queen herself. We find A rudimentary treaty acceptable however before we open our borders to your philosophers could you explain what a philosopher is? We are unfamiliar with this role designation. If we find your philosophers acceptable assistance in our future expansion would be much appreciated, however in the short term perhaps you could assist us in procuring electronic materials? These can take the shape of circuit boards or more complete electronic devices as our analyser and computer ants require a constant stream to advance our species further."




    Spoiler: Droccen Imperium yet more humanoids close to our star
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperP. View Post
    Droccen Imperium

    Sai blinked to clear the dazzling imprints of light from eyes that gleamed in wonder at the display of alien people and cultures around her. She let herself gawk for too long a moment, earning her a slight sideways glance from the large metal construct that stood next to her. She returned the gaze, her face filled with amazement, the gentle rebuke having done little to diminish her spirits. She drifted into the throng eagerly though in the initial adjustment period of absorption and acceptance, nobody paid the raspberry-hued humanoid young woman any particular mind and she was at a loss as to who might be amenable to conversation. She eyed the other delegates shyly as her Guardian studied the hexagon map.

    "We must speak with Celestia, Ndoda, and the Melfynians." He spoke slowly, stretching out the foreign names so that her ears could catch the sound of them.

    "Neighbors." She smiled as she followed the metal finger pointing out each in turn.

    "Shall we speak with the Sister first?" The Guardian nodded as if in acquiescence.

    "As you wish, Princess." Sai nodded back and turned from the map and the rest of they assembled to approach the tall grey-skinned woman. Her mouth opened, poised for a greeting but she was interrupted by her Guardian's sense of propriety.

    "Sister Gertwin, I present to you the Crowned Princess of Droccen, Sai, sixth of her name, Heartkeeper and adherent of the One." Sai tried not to fidget through the embarrassing epithets that most likely meant nothing to the Holy Woman. Her so recently closed mouth snapped open again in her swift attempts to allay further formalities, though she was afraid she seemed rather like a fish. She kept that thought to herself lest any aquatic galactic denizens were close enough to overhear it.

    "An honor Sister, I only wish Empress Candrimay, my Grandmother, had been well enough to attend and hear your wisdom."


    After the conversation with the Vice Marshal the odeum is scanned for other species to communicate with, another humanoid race is identified as the Droccen and the envoy moves over to establish communication. As the Droccen and the Djinye looked similar enough the only adjustments that needed to be made were height so while walking over to their representative adjustments were made (please note that going above 2.10 meters will start to compromise structural integrity of the envoy and will therefor not be able to match heights above this).

    "Greetings we are the Mier Formica and due to the proximity of our home stars we are pleased to make your acquaintance. We would like to inquire what your plans moving forward are in regards to expansion towards ourselves? For we wish to expand our borders but would like to avoid conflict with other advanced races for as long as possible but will not shy away from it."





    The Ndoda of Kwizik

    The envoy manages to find the Ndoda in the mix of all the other races noticing the eight digits on each hand and foot they adjust accordingly and as always grow to the height of their conversational partner (no tail is generated and the head stays the same as in the original design).

    "Greetings we are the Mier Formica. We hope that we can cooperate in the future to attain mutual goals. Therefor we ask what is the intent of the Ndoda in this coming space race? "





    the Draaxerri Supraterrans

    A large humanoid of the Draaxerri race is easily distinguished after guardian shows us an image. Making sure that 5 fingers and toes are present on the envoy it attempts to adjust to the correct height once again (you describe the race as abnormally tall if the representative is over 2.10 meter the envoy cannot adjust and will remain at 2.10m).

    "Greetings we are the Mier Formica. We are informed that your civilisation consists of many different races how did this come to be and do you find difficulties with this?"




    Melfynians

    The strange harkan race seems to consist of starfish and due to the initial build of the envoy they cannot copy the appearance and instead shift their hand into a more tentacle like shape. (this is my best interpretation of your people apologies if it is off)

    "Hey there we are the Mier Formica. You are the first race we have communicated with that does not adhere to the what seems to be standard construction seen throughout the galaxy. As we deviate from this ourselves we hope that we can find a mutually beneficial partnership. With your species living primarily in the water the future could potentially hold planets occupied by both of our races. Would you be open to cooperation?"
    See that awesome avatar? This dude called Gengy made it.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gengy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Spoiler: To Seek the Stars
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    To Seek the Stars: Lyrae and Guardian

    A small smile crosses Lyrae's face. An almost sad one. "No," she says, "I was not speaking in a physical sense. The metaphysical is what I am after. I came expecting to find an assembly of stars, their spirits bound in a physical form like me. Instead, I find the children of many stars, but no stars themselves."

    She looks searchingly up to Guardian. "Oracle," she says, not as a name, but as a respectful title, "Have you encountered anyone like that in your long life? The spirits of awakened stars, fused to a mortal body like me or perhaps roaming free?"


    "Clarification accepted. --- Calculating ---" The click and whirl of the hologram from the table increases from a light barely noticeable hum - even to Lyraen ears - to something much more audible. This lasts for several seconds, before Guardian speaks again. "Insufficient evidence to support answer: maybe."

    "Metaphysical spectrum difficult to quantify by it's very nature. Plausibility of awakened stars in a different body exists within three known individuals that this one has previously encountered, but probability of exact same metaphysical spectral analysis being 'like you' is at best, 43.0925%. Similarities yes; exact same? Additional scans required on individuals in question. Prospect of completing scans: low. Of the three individuals, none inhabited mortal bodies known for lengthy life, and last known encounter occurred <30856.20.10.14 Galactic Time> ago."

    With this pronouncement, the higher audible noise within the table finally dies down, and in the quieter room, Guardian states, "Emotion: Hope."

    "Plausibility of these individuals having progeny very high. Either direct descendants or metaphysical ones. Previously unmet metaphysical 'Living Luminaries' difficult to detect and locate without extensive permission from individual, thereby making them no longer 'unmet', or this one would provide evidence to guide you."

    "This one can state that Luminaries - like the one in the center of the Lyrae system - are impossible for most to distinguish between the more common 'star', as they function mostly the same on all physical levels. Detection of Luminaries instead of stars would significantly increase chances of finding a metaphysical 'Living Luminary' such as yourself. Recommendation: learn to ask the stars. If they answer, they are not stars."





    Odeum Δ - So Many Queries

    Additional inquiries made in public add to the growing list, though similar questions that have already been answered are - instead - highlighted for the questioner to review the previous answer. The new questions are given priorities, and answered mostly in the order that they were asked.

    Where are we now, in case we wish to return?
    i


    "Assembled beings are in the Simulacrum. The Simulacrum will continue to function during this one's power conservation mode, and beings may use their Doorlights to return at any time for diplomatic discussions between their counterparts. Violence will continue to not be tolerated. The Simulacrum is considered neutral in all respects. A simplified version of this one's programming will remain to answer questions and facilitate communication."

    The map of the Galaxy behind Guardian swirls large once more, and then there is a subtle shift as the whole of the map temporarily splits in four quadrants; northeast, northwest, southeast, and southwest. There is a distinct space of separation between each quadrant, but a bright yellow dot in the middle of the northeast and northwest quadrants' separation line appears. Guardian continues, "Many call the locale that the Simulacrum is physically in The Beyond. Access will require sufficient advancements in intergalactic travel through <θθθθ/ξξξξ/σσσσ> Untranslatable to reach physical doorway outside Simulacrum's hardware.

    Please define/elaborate on the unresolved Arbiter incident
    i


    "Beings were giving the Caller AI <Fury/Justice/Peace> Arbiter difficulty. Usual amount of retaliatory force ineffective. Incident flagged for review by creators. Review report indicates that it was seen by supervisors. Result: Incident-related race redacted from universe. No further details available."

    What would you require to share some history with us?
    i


    "Depending on the history requested, this one requires nothing. Certain histories unavailable. Primary reason: Active scans of entire galaxy inefficient use of remaining power. Passive and active scans for plausible galactic threats deemed higher priority."

    Do you know how the Dasari came to be?
    i


    "Clarifying question. Does this one know how the race known as Dasari were created? Records indicate: no. This one does not have that knowledge. Lack of information suggests this means the Dasari were either an undocumented private project of a specific Caller, or an illegal project of an Ancient race. Alternative: Dasari are not a creation of the Axiom Galaxy, but one of many whose sufficiently advanced ancestors immigrated here."

    "Alternative question clarification: Does this one know how the race known as the Dasari evolved, culturally? Records indicate: yes. Historical details available from the Dawnstar Dominion provide sufficient information. No details that would be 'new' that are not minor or incidental, such as what resident Dasari being known as 'Rogeri' from <56.20.10.14 Galactic Time> ago had for breakfast. Preemptive answer: solid food. Liquid was also consumed at various intervals."


    What knowledge to you have of the Dasari before their known history?
    i


    "Question will need to be clarified by Officer Tariel. What is the beginning of the Dasari's known history? As previously answered, historical details available from the Dawnstar Dominion deemed sufficient. No galactic threats detected from their existence at this time. Resources were not used to maintain constant monitoring to provide minute-to-minute information, like other threat-category races. If this does not provide the details to answer your question, please clarify it's intent."

    How many others [Simulacrums] are there and why is this the only functional one?
    i


    "There is only one Simulacrum. This one remains functional because of sufficient power and excellent design from the Callers. Similar facilities exist, but only one Simulacrum. Preemptive answer: This one does not have details on the similar facilities, nor their location. If such information becomes available, it would also likely answer the query that has been a low priority inquiry for functional eons: where are this one's siblings? Emotion: Desire."

    Are Caller AIs - like Guardian - filled with spirits of an ancestor?
    i


    From Guardian's unblinking eye, a light beam set series of sweeping scans of various greens, yellows, and blues carefully go up and down, side to side, and through Princess Sai's companion.

    "Complete makeup of Droccen Imperium 'Guardians' confirmed. Metaphysical spectral analysis indicates 'ancestral spirit' primary component for physical function, but different from metaphysical component required for Caller AI creation. Analysis result: No. Not an 'ancestral spirit'. Creators utilized something else. Emotion: Curiosity. Information specifically unavailable to prevent Caller AI from creating more Caller AI."

    Was the message [found within the Archdeacon of Iteus] following consumption of the parasite or applied to the parasite once to be looped by the consumer?
    i


    "Information applied to knowledge parasite. Deemed most suitable method for your government for providing details of Doorlight to invite Church of Iteus to receive gifts from the Simulacrum."

    What is in the center of the universe?
    i


    "Information restricted, in agreement with Organization known as the Sisterhood of Silence. Please consult the Sisterhood for details. Unrestricted details that do not break agreement: Stars. So many stars. Fewer and fewer as you get towards the exact center. In their place is the largest collection of body-less Luminaries collected and documented by the Callers. Without appropriate identification software, the majority of the assembled races in the Simulacrum would confuse this with: Light. Light that has gravity, but no heat."
    Last edited by Gengy; 2019-06-19 at 09:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

    "What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

    Got my Master's Degree for games (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    moossabi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    On the Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Gengy View Post
    Spoiler: moos attempts to find a fluff basis to nab a relic
    Show
    Was the message [found within the Archdeacon of Iteus] following consumption of the parasite or applied to the parasite once to be looped by the consumer?
    i


    "Information applied to knowledge parasite. Deemed most suitable method for your government for providing details of Doorlight to invite Church of Iteus to receive gifts from the Simulacrum."
    So it would be slightly more difficult. A shame.

    Only slightly frowning, the Pontiff nods for the reasoning. "And an effective method it was. I may return to discuss further matters, but for now I have business to attend to with my compatriots. Thank you for your time." As the Pontiff strolls off, the Kryptid approach occurs.

    [the response to the kryptid is in my previous post]
    Last edited by moossabi; 2019-06-18 at 10:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Ye can hardly compare 'i didn't realize I had to deploy troops' to 'let's assassinate the enemy leader! That'll improve relations!'
    Disclaimer: When dealing with me, the following quote lays out the most useful procedure:
    Quote Originally Posted by BootStrapTommy View Post
    To be safe I just never take anything you say seriously.
    Thanks to happyturtle for the avatar!

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Reggiejam's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Azric remained silent for a moment as he studied the face of Angou, now worn it seemed by Zal M'ell. He seemed satisfied though and his lip curled up into a small smile as though amused.
    "No, I am not the Undying Sovereign, merely her Viceroy," he said in a friendly tone, "She remains in unbroken slumber in anticipation of future trials that shall require her leadership. That you have heard of her glory is not a surprise if you are as near as this Guardian indicates. Pray tell, of what nature of relic do you speak?"
    The furry Catarin head nodded and its face took on a contemplative look to the Viceroy's answer.

    "Approximately five hundred years ago a starship of unknown origins crash landed on the Symbraum's homeworld. Its crew, who we know only as the Visitors, uplifted our society from its simple existence in the waters beneath our planet's surface allowing us to reach out across the stars. Much of the data carried aboard the Visitor's ship was corrupted and we have no way of knowing its exact period of reference for the ship and the Visitors were in a stasis of their own necessary due to the low speeds achievable by their ship's engines. This data did however make reference to an empire led by those matching your physical description."

    Angou, or Zal who appeared to be Angou, paused a moment glancing over at Jed who was dutifully scanning the room for any signs of trouble though appeared intent still on the current conversation.

    "We Symbraum know we are a young race of star explorers and would be most grateful for friendship and guidance from a more experienced species such as yourselves. Perhaps there is some manner of exchange or agreement we can come to in order to facilitate peaceful cooperation as neighbors?"

    Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post

    Communicator Bulbous Jellydisc felt the vibrations of the communication happening throughout the room. They had never before considered how quiet they were. If not for the Guardian's calm thoughts in their mind they might have retreated back through the door. Many asked questions, and the answers were projected back to Bulbous Jellydisc. It was almost like being part of the Mother, but they could not see the Guardian's mind. Only what it projected.



    Communicator Bulbous Jellydisc quivered in surprise as it took in the silhouettes of the Symbraum. Their own thoughts answered like a title wave, threatening to overwhelm the tentative connection. YFNeresiiegnhdbor.

    They stopped and tempered themselves. Calibrating to this new communication. A single unified thought answered this time. Greetings, we are Communicator Bulbous Jellydisc of the Kombuch. The thoughts were malleable, forged from the thousands of primitive minds held in the gestalt. These were not minds of flesh, but networks of mycelial fibers firing in parralel to meet the same ends. Cumulatively they formed a nascient psycic power of their own. We believe we saw you appear on the map. We did not get your names. The lights continued play across their discs as they communicated, still speaking their native tongue for all to see. They were unsure which of the two beings was communicating with them so they did their best to 'face' both.
    Instinctively the Catarin form reached up to hold its head as the strange being's initial response threatened to pierce through Zal's control over his current host. Zal could likewise feel Jed wince and the Runnermaw Pip whimpered involuntarily. However the discomfort was only passing and the two minds recovered as the creature, Communicator Bulbous Jellyfish it seemed, straightened out his response.

    We are the Symbraum, those who speak to you that is. Those whom you may perceive in physicality are our hosts, the Catarin Angou and his pet Runnermaw Pip. We are a unique species, capable of binding our minds with those of other living hosts. You however... the thought trailed off and Zal turned to his companion to exchange a series of questions and observations.

    Though intended to be private this unique creature's psionic abilities were such an unknown it was highly probable it could hear their "private" conversation.
    Spoiler: Private Exchange
    Show

    There is no single mind here but it speaks as one.

    Like an artificial intelligence made of flesh.

    And yet not flesh as we know it. It is living but neither animal nor simple plant.

    It could be dangerous to us. If we cannot know it as we know a host how can it be trusted? It is no better than artificial consciousness.

    Yet it is not artificial, it lives as we do, thinks with power enough to communicate with us directly. Do not be too hasty to condemn what we do not understand.


    Your form and mind intrigues us Communicator of the Kombuch. We should greatly desire to know more of your race. Tell us, did you know of other intelligent lifeforms before this conference? From what origin does such unique life spring?
    Last edited by Reggiejam; 2019-06-18 at 10:32 AM.
    Thanks Gengy for the avatar!

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Miltonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brinstar Depths
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    We Have a New Mission!

    Lyrae sits as if one frozen. Her breath catches in her throat, and, for a long moment, she cannot speak. Then, with a voice that carries only a slight tremble, she says, “Thank you, Guardian. You have indeed given me hope.

    She rises, shock giving way to resolve: an iron resolve that shall outlive the current Ascended One and pass down through each and every one after her. “If you are willing, I wish to leave a message for any such Living Luminaries that happen to stumble across you. Tell them…” She pauses and fingers her mask. She raises it and stares into the empty sockets, as if contemplating it. “Tell them they are not alone.

    In the meantime, I now know what I must do.” She re-affixes the mask to her face and smiles. “I must learn to talk to stars and listen to hear if they respond.

    With a slight bow, she goes to leave.




    I’ll Huff and I’ll Puff: Tra Gutri and Grandmaster Mycella

    The massive Lyraen’s lips pull back in what could either be a smile or a snarl. His intent is unclear, but he is showing a lot of teeth. “My family defends Lyrae. If you start having ‘territorial ambitions’ against us, you’re going to have to get through me. Do I make myself clear?

    He speaks like a military commander, which perhaps the knights can respect. At the same time, he also speaks like a superior. That might not go over so well.



    Barking up the Wrong (Squirrel) Tree: Lyraens and Grymlans

    Stars above, that voice was irritating. But Ayl kept her cool. She’d dealt with many yowling, yipping children and their irate mothers in her time as an acolyte. But such experiences were necessary to give one a balanced opinion of the world. The holy teachings taught that Lyraens were divinely appointed and innately good. Customer service taught that, innately good though they be, they had a great capacity for being absolute Lunatics too, if such an unholy term was permitted to describe Lyrae’s children.

    We shall see,” she answers OwO, “Today is but the first day of our meeting. Who can say what they future holds?

    Jeejee’s questions barrage her and her ears lay flat against her head, caught off-guard by the rapid-fire nature of them. “Ahem, well…” Out of the corner of her eye, she spots Lyrae herself step out of a side-room. A perhaps imprudent, but very convenient, idea occurs to Ayl. “Why don’t you go ask her yourself? Then you can see her glory for your own eyes.” She points to where Lyrae stands, a little apart from the rest of the crowd and trying not to grin too widely.



    A Tall Tail: Ool Vulk and Rhoshan

    Interrupting the Rhoshans’ post-announcement time of revelation, excitement, and contemplation, a broad-shouldered and well-groomed Lyraen approaches with a bit of a swagger in his steps. His eyes seem to fall on them for the first time and he takes a step back in shock and surprise. “And to think,” he says, “That the universe contained such exotic beauty.” He bows with a warm smile. “[b]My friends, I am Ool Vulk: adventurer, poet, and dabbling philosopher of the Lyraen people.”

    He eyes the eight foot warbot, which has almost a full two feet on him...and returns his attention to the flesh and blood creatures instead.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mary_Sue's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Ocean Side
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Prime Minister Eladia appeared in the great white room flanked by two feminine figures in armor. Eladia herself bore a calm demeanor as she took the time to take everything in and study the aliens as she could. She bore Sister Gerwin's caution with forbearance, though it was clear the subject was a matter of some thought when she spoke with the Guardian.

    "Why bring us to the point of maturation only to have us warned against the danger of the core? You must know there are those of us who will seek to uncover its secrets regardless of the Sister's deterrents. Why not give us the power to defeat whatever Evil supposedly lies within? I am not certain I would believe that is not within your capabilities. Unless you do not believe her credible."




    Though she wished to speak to all of the aliens, Eladia was a greatly principled Prime Minister, and so prioritized her neighbors above all others. She could feel Alysia's faint warmth of approval at her disciplined representative.

    "You are... Svrrta-Zel?" She pronounced the foreign name carefully.

    "I am Prime Minister Eladia Makeda Sarai of Alysia. We wish to establish neighborly relations as our systems seem to be in close proximity." Eladia was not a warm woman, though her tone was mild and free of hostility. Her white tresses had been pulled up and artfully stacked in rows of plaits around her head. Her official uniform was black with blue piping and fit her body like a glove. A black cape draped elegantly over her shoulders, lined in a blue that matched her piercing eyes that seemed to almost glow from within.




    Eladia's approach to the Dipanans was almost identical to that of the Svrrta-Zel.

    "I am Prime Minister Eladia Makeda Sarai of Alysia. We wish to establish neighborly relations as our systems seem to be in close proximity." Her porcelain-white skin was unlined, making it impossible to estimate her age, though for those familiar with humanoid physiology, it would appear that she was a grown woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    God, get it together Mary.
    Thank you to AsteriskAmp for the lovely avatar!

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Apr 2018

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Bugging the Syndrome

    "Yep-yep," Jeejee nodded emphatically, "We Grymlans have lot-lots of energy. Always craftmaking and lookseeking! What about your peoples? Are they craftmakers as well?"

    Going Nuts

    Jeejee squeaked in excitement as Ayl pointed out her god across the room. In a sudden flurry of activity as the two Grymlans left the Lyrean representative in the figurative dust and pattered towards Lyrae.

    "Hi-hi!" Jeejee was jumping and waving to get the god's attention. "I'm Jeejee Scrapseeker of the Grymlan Combine. You are Lyraen god right? Are you goodgood god or a smiteysmite one? Do you have allknowledge? Allvision? Do you use-use the cosmic forces? Do you eat-eat teh lifeblood of your followers? Strangers?"

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    KriegTiger's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    West Hallway
    Sublime People's Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Vaou View Post
    Having heard the strange iridescent being, or was it beings, who referred to themselves as representative of the Tezh Consensus proclaim an adherence to the One and upon reviewing his screenshot of the galactic map Chairman Vaou decided it would be appropriate to introduce himself to the alien creature(s).

    "Greetings comrade, I am Vaou Ren of the Terror Star System. Did I hear correctly your...people are followers of the One?"
    Talotius tilts its ‘head’ forward in response to the question “You are correct, Vaou Ren of the Terror Star System. We Tezh exist native to the fundamental harmonic of the universe and can trace all things within it from their physicality back to this harmonic. We perceive all things as participants of One existence and all sentient life as siblings. It is Our passion to work for the betterment of All siblings. We understand that not All sentients will accept our partnership, but will still work for their betterment - with the limitation of not intentionally providing them assets or technology with which to cause unnecessary destructive physicality.

    Droccen Imperium
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Sai View Post
    Sai grinned ruefully at the use of her formal names.

    "Greetings representative of the Tezh Consensus!" She glanced at her Guardian briefly but he shook his head minutely in response. These were not neighbors but she was still pleased to make new acquaintances. It seemed they were kind enough to offer aid and they adhered to the One's teachings to boot.

    "How fortuitous that we have met! You may call me Sai." Her Guardian made a throat clearing sound which was particularly effective in getting her attention since he had no throat.

    "Princess Sai, that is! How may I address you?" She wondered briefly if personal names were not ubiquitous within the galaxy.

    "We would be very grateful for any help you could offer my Grandmother. Though I'm afraid I know not of these Sentients."
    The blue mote within the Aether stone glimmers just slightly after the interaction of the Guardian and Princess, the shimmer distributing among the rest of the inner lights before smoothing to a soft glow once more.

    “Princess Sai, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. We may be addressed as Talotius.”

    “Please forgive Our miscommunication, ‘sentients’ does not indicate a specific sibling.”

    “The Tezh perceive how all things in the Universe stem from the harmonic” the shoaling parabolic sub-frames shift as if a limb underneath were gesturing towards the attendees within the hall, the ‘cloak’ parting just slightly down the front like a garment naturally would, revealing nothing existing underneath “All here are an elevated sibling; ‘sentients’.”

    “With regard to your Grandmother, we would hope to offer our unique perception of siblings via the harmonic in ways which could aid in Their wellbeing, as it is our passion to strive for the betterment of All, as We are All part of One existence.


    Odeum Δ
    Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Please define/elaborate on the unresolved Arbiter incident
    i


    "Beings were giving the Caller AI <Fury/Justice/Peace> Arbiter difficulty. Usual amount of retaliatory force ineffective. Incident flagged for review by creators. Review report indicates that it was seen by supervisors. Result: Incident-related race redacted from universe. No further details available."
    The response regarding the unresolved incident caused the Aether stone’s yellow and red motes to flare briefly, dissonant flickering ricocheting around the interior until smoothing into the calm glow again.

    Talotius lingered, a pregnant pause filling time as They considered inquiring further about the ‘redaction’.

    Query: Are ‘supervisors’ other Caller AI, or the Callers directly?
    Further Query: Please list Caller AI at authority/responsibility level equivalent to Guardian and Arbiter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    What is in the center of the universe?
    i


    "Information restricted, in agreement with Organization known as the Sisterhood of Silence. Please consult the Sisterhood for details. Unrestricted details that do not break agreement: Stars. So many stars. Fewer and fewer as you get towards the exact center. In their place is the largest collection of body-less Luminaries collected and documented by the Callers. Without appropriate identification software, the majority of the assembled races in the Simulacrum would confuse this with: Light. Light that has gravity, but no heat."

    Most of Guardian’s responses to other species thus far had been data Talotius had been ‘listening’ to but not keenly interested in. Mention of ‘body-less’ and ‘gravity but no heat’ caused a brief full stop as Talotius was headed to the West Hallway, an intense yellow milliseconds long strobe from within the Aether stone halting their progress. In the following moments there was a rapid fire muted firework display inside the Aether stone before the unified glow settled into place again.

    It was unnecessary for the shoaling sub-frames to rotate Talotius’ ‘body’ for Them to pick out the Dasari grey-blue features of Officer Tariel - who had prompted the answer that caught Their attention so sharply - turning away from Guardian. They were not a species in direct proximity, but definitely worth perhaps opening a dialogue with if their inquiries were any indication.
    Last edited by KriegTiger; 2019-06-18 at 01:30 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RandoMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Tentreto View Post
    Spoiler: Sisters
    Show


    The Sisters

    "That is intriguing," responded Radiance. "Your predecessors must have been profficient to acheive this." It carefully looks up at the Sister. "We too have seen it diminish. QUESTION. Who started The One?" For a second, Radiance appears to hold eye contact before looking down. "Forgive any abruptness. We have not had conversation for centuries."
    "Our understanding of the One came from the Mute Matriarch, our order's founder from over 10,000 galactic years ago,"" the nun paused only briefly before continuing, "We believe its origin predates her however and she merely acted as one of many vessels for its lessons to be better understood in this form of existence."

    Quote Originally Posted by KriegTiger View Post
    West Hallway
    Sisterhood of Silence
    Spoiler
    Show

    The crimson mote within Talotius’ ‘head’ flares to prominence briefly, with what would seem to be answering flickers and glows from the others with indecipherable patterns. In the few moments of pause before response, the dissonant flickering synchronizes and settles to the constant muted glow inside the smokey Aether stone once more.

    “We regret being unable to dispatch strategic assets to aid in the Vigil at this time Sister, as the Tezh have until now prioritized harmonious physicality with other sentients above all and will continue to do so until no viable alternatives remain. However the Tessering Construct/doorlight device has introduced many new things for the Consensus to examine and it seems inevitable that We must consider the potential for destructive physicality. To that end, we will strive to dispatch strategic assets to aid in the Vigil as resources allow."

    Talotius pauses again attempting to be careful with Their words, holy orders can be delicate when discussing taboo topics and while they both follow a philosophy of One-ness, the Tezh are extremely rational/practical in their view of The One instead of approaching it through faith.

    “We do request elaboration on the efforts of the Vigil. Could you provide details on the Great Evil? This would allow Us to better prepare those Tezh that would be dispatched to assist the Vigil and maximize their usefulness to the Sisterhood of Silence.”
    A grim look appeared across the Sister's visage and she nodded slowly at the request for a greater understanding of the Great Evil which lurked within the Core.

    "We know what lays within there is trapped but only just within our vigil's border and we know it took great effort and sacrifice to contain it within the great expanse it still claims. Our founding mistress, the Mute Matriarch, gave her life to seal away this mindlessly destructive Evil and tasked us with the role of safeguarding her accomplishment in imprisoning it. What lies within the Core is a destructive force capable of wiping out all life in the galaxy if given the opportunity more dangerous than any would be conqueror among those gathered here for it desires no rule of its own, only the destruction of what it is not. If your Consensus shall provide us aid we shall be most grateful for it for our vigil stands as the sole line between prosperity for Axiom and its oblivion."

    Quote Originally Posted by Zayuz View Post
    The Sisterhood of Silence
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Fantastic!" Natascha beamed, stealing the sister away for her private audience. Once they were alone she pulled up a hologram of the galaxy as it was; with her systems surrounded in a light green glow and those determined to be off-limits by this strange group of people in a much more hostile shade of red. Stepping back and letting it float there in front of them, she gestured up to the red area.

    "I seem to understand that there is something either sacred or incredibly dangerous within these borders... And that you have had more time to connect with this caller AI than most here. That last bit lends well to your legitimacy, I must say, but I'm having trouble understanding how you can claim so many hundreds of systems as off-limits while neglecting to mention exactly why or how you intend to keep others out of this... Space. I'm assuming you plan to do so by force, but given enough time and effort, I believe that the other races of the universe will become so overconfident as to breach your territory. Successfully. What you need is a marketing plan... And no doubt a few extra resources to construct defenses are in order."

    She pauses, clicking something in her hand as the red zone is highlighted with a great blue barrier around it. ...Noticeably, the border near to Celestia Corp has shrunk several regions.

    "In order to fuel this sort of endeavor, we'll need to harvest resources at a capacity far outweighing our current capability. The exclusive access to these few regions would certainly lend us the boost we need to support your holy purpose, which we would pay for by way of additional protection, goods, and services... Or whatever else you may have in mind. Naturally, this is just the general idea of an agreement we might make. I'm interested in getting a bit more wiggle room for my company, and you're interested in keeping the core safe. If we each compromise a bit, I think we may come out of this very satisfied."
    A thin smile spread across Getwin's wrinkled grey face as she listened to this youthful CEO attempt to bargain her way into cracking open Hell's gateway for profit.

    "I am afraid," the Sister began answering in a measured tone, "there can be no compromise on this matter. Your assertions that others will seek to breach our vigil speaks perhaps more to yourselves than to those others outside this room but doubtless you are correct with so many now capable of farther travel than they had before dreamed my Sisterhood will surely struggle to stem the tide of the foolishly curious."

    "However,"
    she continued, "We shall not abandon our posts nearby your Enterprises for promises of weapons or support. Your breach would be as liable to unleash what we seek to hold back as any other. Rest assured we do not seek to hide some great treasure. There exists within our patrolled borders a vile mindlessly Evil war that has not ended in all the millennia we have guarded against its spilling out across the galaxy. Those who choose to ignore our warnings shall not only have the enmity of myself and my sisters but shall be confronted with a horror best left shrouded from view. Please Natascha Liwei, heed our warning."

    Quote Originally Posted by Minescratcher View Post
    Spoiler: The Sisters
    Show


    Svetlana nodded slowly as the Sister spoke. She stood silent for a moment afterward, considering the vague warning. "I thank you for your words of warning. I think I can safely promise that you need not fear the Commonwealth violating your ban. We do not seek Evil, but Order. Although... if it cannot be returned to its dungeon, how was this evil trapped to begin with?"
    The Sister shook her head slowly, "You do not understand, the Core we have contained it in is its dungeon. Our Matriarch's sacrifice allowed the possibility of this Evil's containment before it spread far and wide across all of Axiom. It is now locked in the Core by its failure to overcome our vigil but rest assured it would gladly seek expansion should our guardianship fail even for a moment."

    Quote Originally Posted by PepperP. View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Droccen is honored by your faith in us, Sister Gerwin." She tucked the tablet into the folds of her elaborate crimson robes once she had gazed her fill upon it.

    "I am certain my Grandmother will do her best to not let you down." A shadow crossed her features as she mentioned her ailing kin.

    "Might we be allowed to visit Abbess Hermona of Dawn Embrace? Or even send some to study there?"
    "With the technology provided by Guardian it should be possible for your planet's ships to reach Dawn Embrace. I am certain Abbess Hermona would welcome fellow adherents of the One as both students and protectors."

    Gertwin was herself eager to see how the Droccen grew as the nearest known follower of the One who might grow the Sisterhood's shared philosophy among the galactic denizens and perhaps as consequence aid in the protection of the Core.

    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sisters

    "Curious. Tell me, there are times when one creature must destroy another in order to survive. What does your order believe on that topic?" The Syndrome ruler's hum is one of curiosity and mild amusement.

    Couriers

    "Ah, trade and profit. I will contact your organization later; I may have a business proposition for you." Business is something the Overlady understands, and the ability to import so many wonderful exotic species from across the Galaxy would be very valuable. "I will not expend any more of your time. Thank you and farewell."
    The sister's head cocked slightly as she puzzled over the female's question. At last she spoke again.

    "Death is part of life. Inflicting death or pain with needless violence is unnecessary and does not serve the One but to kill or harm for greater purpose than the act itself is no more crime than any other action taken for the sake of necessity."

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    The SoS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chairman Vaou approached the silent sister the AI had indicated was representing the Sisterhood of Silence at this meeting. In truth the Chairman knew little of these mysterious aliens but he did know their messages had aided the SPR's founders in forging a clear direction forward out of the devastation left by war between the Old Nations.

    "Sister, it is a pleasure indeed to put a a face to the name. My name is Vaou Ren of the Terron System. I believe it was your organization who broadcast messages regarding the One which helped save my people from the brink of collapse. Though it has been nearly a century since those broadcasts first graced our spaceways we are forever in your debt. Know that the sublime People's Republic stands with your Sisterhood and shall endeavor to offer what aid we can in accomplishing your mission to...defend the Core?" this final bit was half a question as much as it was a statement of conviction.

    The AI had mentioned a forbidden zone but the Chairman had no sense of purpose for this apparent vigil kept by the Sisterhood though he trusted fellow followers of the One, indeed those whom had brought such knowledge to his predecessors, to have good reason.
    Gertwin was not personally familiar with the System this human now referenced but she was familiar with Sisterhood activities relating to broadcasts of the One's virtues so she nodded politely before speaking.

    "Aid in the form of ships and those to crew them to join our vigil are always acceptable. Rest assured we do not 'defend' the Core but contain what lays within it. A great Evil lurks within that should it be poked and unleashed by careless action shall spell doom for the galaxy at large."
    Thanks to Gengy for the avatar.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Syndrome: <We can offer you an array of genetic materials. The Rothuun DNA, of course, is powerful and useful, but we also breed a type of animal called a Takhaun. They would make excellent test subjects for genetic experiments, if you prove yourselves worthy of our friendship.>

    To Everybody: Standing up and raiding his voice, Thrikar addresses the entire room. <Perhaps some of you regard yourselves as warriors. I wish to test the mettle of this crowd. Any of you who regard yourselves as strong, step up. I would test the strength of my new neighbors.>
    Last edited by Gaius Hermicus; 2019-06-18 at 02:01 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    zabbarot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum


    Spoiler: The Symbraum
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggiejam View Post
    Instinctively the Catarin form reached up to hold its head as the strange being's initial response threatened to pierce through Zal's control over his current host. Zal could likewise feel Jed wince and the Runnermaw Pip whimpered involuntarily. However the discomfort was only passing and the two minds recovered as the creature, Communicator Bulbous Jellyfish it seemed, straightened out his response.

    We are the Symbraum, those who speak to you that is. Those whom you may perceive in physicality are our hosts, the Catarin Angou and his pet Runnermaw Pip. We are a unique species, capable of binding our minds with those of other living hosts. You however... the thought trailed off and Zal turned to his companion to exchange a series of questions and observations.

    Though intended to be private this unique creature's psionic abilities were such an unknown it was highly probable it could hear their "private" conversation.
    Spoiler: Private Exchange
    Show

    There is no single mind here but it speaks as one.

    Like an artificial intelligence made of flesh.

    And yet not flesh as we know it. It is living but neither animal nor simple plant.

    It could be dangerous to us. If we cannot know it as we know a host how can it be trusted? It is no better than artificial consciousness.

    Yet it is not artificial, it lives as we do, thinks with power enough to communicate with us directly. Do not be too hasty to condemn what we do not understand.


    Your form and mind intrigues us Communicator of the Kombuch. We should greatly desire to know more of your race. Tell us, did you know of other intelligent lifeforms before this conference? From what origin does such unique life spring?


    Communicator Bulbous Jellydisc sat still, unaware of the private conversation, for a long moment trying to recall some of the wider information they had known as part of the Mother. Eventually they responded, We, the kombuch, evolved alone in an ancient structure. Many of our kind are immobile, so very few have ever seen outside. The Mother is aware, through their many collected memories, of how empty our small region of space is. We do not remember our origins. Not even the Mother, the firsts of us, can say. Do most species remember their creation?

    The communication was dense with images of the inside of the dyson sphere and then flashes of what had to be The Mother, a massive fungal sheet that stretched miles into the distance and bobbed gently in an ocean of sweet water.
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2019-06-19 at 05:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.
    Avatar Designed by EmersonTung, Recreated by Gengy

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tentreto's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Spoiler: Tezh Consensus
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KriegTiger View Post

    The Duenem


    Talotius’ Aether stone ‘head’ glimmers briefly - a reflection of mood? Tone? Who knows. “Organic, non-organic, corporeal, non-corporeal, we all trace our existence to the harmonic of the universe. It pleases Us to hear of cooperation and are eager to work for the betterment of all.”

    With a turn of ‘shoulders’ that suggest Them looking back toward the door that the Stozudal figure retreated through, Talotius says “That being is Epatus, Head of the Unified Council of the native Stozudal population that We steward and work to uplift. We invited them to participate in this event so they could continue their progress towards full partnership with Tezh, and now the greater galactic community.

    Please do not take offense at their exit, the odeum currently holds a collection of beings that they were not fully prepared to encounter. We Tezh are excited to meet other sentients in all their shape and size, since regardless of the nature of their physicality they each connect back to the harmonic of reality that We perceive in unique and beautiful ways.

    Radiance gives no sign of concern. "That is fine. We know how tempermental life can be. If our creators were still around, they would act much the same. It is pleasing to find others near us who value life so highly." Carefully Radiance extends upwards a clasper. "QUESTION. Would you accept an offer of friendship? We share many ideas, and my fellow Duenem would certainly wish to know more of you. We could even design a frame that would be more pleasing to the Strozudal."
    Spoiler: Syndrome
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post

    Duenem

    There seems to be some measure of unease around the Overlady as she replies to Radiance. "I am Yellow-Coat-Stripes, Overlady of the Syndrome. You are?"


    Radiance gives the appearnace of its red eyes blinking. "I am Telescopic Radiance of the Duenem. I am the current leader and taskmaster. It is a pleasure to meet you 'Overlady Yellow-Coat-Stripes'." After a second, Radiance speaks again. "QUERY. You seem unerved at my appearance. I can assure you the Duenem are as diverse in appearance as the beings in this room. Do you have similar diversity?"


    Spoiler: Sisters
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RandoMan View Post
    "Our understanding of the One came from the Mute Matriarch, our order's founder from over 10,000 galactic years ago,"" the nun paused only briefly before continuing, "We believe its origin predates her however and she merely acted as one of many vessels for its lessons to be better understood in this form of existence."

    "That is a fairly short amount of time for ones like Guardian. QUESTION We may wish to study this in future. Are there any of your bases nearer us, as we would exerience limited contact otherwise?"


    Rothuun
    This seemed slightly familiar. Radiance watches the tall figure shout above the crowd.

    "QUESTION."
    intones Radiance, its speakers turned up. "How do you propose testing? We are prohibited from aggression." It slowly walks towards the figure. "If a test of capabilities is approved, I would be willing to participate."
    Avatar by the wonderful Ceika.
    King of Caligonia in Empire 3. Crusaded into the sunset

    Playing as The Whitefeather Kingdom in Empire 4



  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lleban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    The Astral Plane!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    I’ll Huff and I’ll Puff: Tra Gutri and Grandmaster Mycella

    The Lyreans snarling threats triggered something in Mycella. He sounded exactly like her mastiff, hell he smelled like him too, poor thing is just overwhelmed by all the new stimulus. She...did her best when responding closing her eyes and pinch her nose before speaking, she couldn't afford to use expletives in public. Are you so insecure as to threaten some of the first people you meet on such a joyous occasion, or are you foolish enough to believe I could be intimidated by this display. If you wish to continue this conversation unmolested I'd suggest that you please check your tone.
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy


    Hangs out on the World building forums

    Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Spoiler: The Symbraum
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggiejam View Post
    The furry Catarin head nodded and its face took on a contemplative look to the Viceroy's answer.

    "Approximately five hundred years ago a starship of unknown origins crash landed on the Symbraum's homeworld. Its crew, who we know only as the Visitors, uplifted our society from its simple existence in the waters beneath our planet's surface allowing us to reach out across the stars. Much of the data carried aboard the Visitor's ship was corrupted and we have no way of knowing its exact period of reference for the ship and the Visitors were in a stasis of their own necessary due to the low speeds achievable by their ship's engines. This data did however make reference to an empire led by those matching your physical description."

    Angou, or Zal who appeared to be Angou, paused a moment glancing over at Jed who was dutifully scanning the room for any signs of trouble though appeared intent still on the current conversation.

    "We Symbraum know we are a young race of star explorers and would be most grateful for friendship and guidance from a more experienced species such as yourselves. Perhaps there is some manner of exchange or agreement we can come to in order to facilitate peaceful cooperation as neighbors?"


    Azric listened to their explanation with slight curiosity. The mention of these visitors intrigued him somewhat and also worried him. Five centuries was a long time, but so short on the scale of empires and galaxies. Perhaps it was nothing and they merely learned of Amanyk after the fact, but the chance that they were part of the Coalition could not be ignored.
    "Perhaps if you would be willing some of our technicians might have the chance the examine these artifacts? They may have better luck retrieving the data contained within and perhaps if nothing else these Visitors may be referenced in our archives."
    He gave a brief nod to his sole attendant who started tapping away at a crystal bracelet which immediately projected a holographic display. A quick series of astrometric diagrams flicked across the display with attached symbols and portraits of a dozen alien races. With one final tap the display went dark and the advocate detached a small, glowing white crystal, no more than two inches in length, which he handed to the Viceroy who then handed it to Angou.
    "Data on the polities known by us to be active in your region on the timescales you imply," he explained, "Sadly incomplete and lacking on those who may have arisen in more recent millennia. However, if the Guardian is correct there are no such polities to be concerned with or they would be present.
    "As for your request, the Conclave of the Black Sun is willing to receive your ambassadors on behalf of the Serene Court of the Undying Sovereign. There is much to discuss after all before we enter into a proper agreement. We know so little of one another's people after all, but rest assured I am certain that peace with flourish between our worlds."



    Later on when things are a bit quiet...

    The Advocate attending alongside the Viceroy found himself with a moment alone. He adjusted his hat and made sure his hair was as impeccably neat as it was before and headed over to Sister Gertwin. He bowed politely and then stood back up straight as the deep blue of his eyes behind his crystal mask met the Sister's black ones for a few moments before he suddenly spoke.
    "The universality of your faith is impressive Sister," he began, speaking in a strong but quiet voice, "It reached even Amanyk in the days before the Fall though like much of the knowledge of the past was lost to fire and ash or sealed away. Tell me Sister Gertwin, your Order must have cast stores of priceless knowledge acquired over the aeons, what do you know of the Axiom of Axioms?"
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SOSDarkPhoenix's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    The Harmony

    The signal reached the harmony in a strange way, as the soft choir that permeates the ring-world began spitting instructions for the device. Sure that such a signal must have come from the Callers, the Harmony devoted all of their resources to the construction of the device, able to complete it far earlier than necessary. However, hesitant to disobey the specific command, they never turned it on until the specific appointed day. On the day however, they realized just how power-intensive the device really was, taking a few extra minutes to arrive. Stepping through in to the Simulacrum came a humanoid figure, remaining quiet and not drawing attention to their arrival. A human man, but behind him as he entered was a dark cloud that took the shape of an even larger humanoid that towered over him like a perverse shadow, before it faded into nothingness, leaving the human man alone in the room, the only odd trait about him being the small purple glint in his eyes as he listened to Guardian's speech and observed the rest of the gathered party.

    His attire was anything but regal, wearing what looked like a modern-day mailman outfit, with a name tag on his lapel. "Tim". He was clean shaven and well groomed overall, but he didn't quite seem like "leader" of anything. Tim was doing his best to stay away from prying eyes, especially from the races that looked the most "violent", such as the Rothuun. He stayed in "darker" areas of the room, being corners and against walls, regardless of how physically bright they were in actuality. Anyone who did notice him wouldn't have any reason to suspect he was more than just a strangely dressed human, unless they spoke to him and saw his strange mannerisms for themselves.

    Regardless, Tim kept his wary distance from the main cluster of people, and observed.

    Spoiler: Guardian
    Show
    Approaching after the AI had entered conversation mode, Tim strode forward to the egg and bowed deeply. As he opened his mouth, he paused, looking around the rest of the room and shaking his head as if to remove a bad thought, before turning back to Guardian and speaking in a normal, friendly voice. "Guardian, it is humbling to meet one such as you in person. Your masters were truly kind. They gave us the ability to find form, and we are forever indebted to them. Would you be able to arrange an audience for us? We would very much like to thank the noble Callers in person. We are forever grateful."


    Spoiler: Sisterhood
    Show
    In time, Tim went to see the emissary of the sisterhood, yet again bowing humbly, if a bit awkwardly. "You are the sister of silence, yes? If you do not speak, that is acceptable. We simply wish to express our mutual fondness for the concept of oneness, though ours is perhaps different to yours. We would very much like to speak more of this with you, and ask questions that you may have answers to." Tim's lips twitched into something resembling a smile. It was bad, but it would improve over time.


    Spoiler: Celestia Enterprises
    Show
    Through sheer curiosity, Tim's exploration of the Simulacrum led him into a private adjoining room, where he sat and looked around, not noticing initially the presence of a small cat that had followed him inside until it meowed. As he noticed it, he bent down onto one knee to look at the soft creature. "Hello! We did not see you enter! We are pleased to meet such a small and friendly creature. Which nation do you lead? One of peace and nobility we hope?" Tim extended his hand for the creature to shake!
    XVIII - "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"

    Lead Developer and Head GM of Project Evoria and The GCU Project.

    Awesome avatar made by Gengy

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Miltonian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brinstar Depths
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Aw Nuts: Lyrae and Jeejee

    "Oh. Oh stars, what have I done?" Ayl mutters as the Grymlans run off.

    The sudden appearance of a very eager...furry thing with a gloriously long tail and enough energy for a whole litter of pups catches Lyrae off-guard. She takes a step back, away from Jeejee, and stands still for a moment. Then, she lets out an excited yip. "By the stars, you are just adorable!" she declares and pats the shorter alien on the head. Then it occurs to her that this might be a grave insult and she awkwardly pulls back her paw and clears her throat. With a smile, she says, "Where my light shines brightly, there am I. For I am Lyrae, the spirit of the Great Star. I wish all who gaze upon me nothing but peace, prosperity, and warm dens full of friends and family."

    She raises a single claw. "But be warned! Tyrants and conquerors shall never feel my blessing. Instead, my wrath against them shall be eternal." The words ring hollow in her ears, but she says them anyway. Even if she had not lived up to them in the past, they were the ideals towards which she strove in this new, brighter future.

    "Oh!" She reaches into her robe and pulls out a small, stasis-wrapped pastry. "May I offer you a biscuit?"




    Please Leash the Dogs of War: Tra Gutri and the rightfully annoyed Grandmaster

    The bigger Lyraen does not respond with growls and snarls, at least no more than before. It's quite possible that it's just the way he talks. Instead, he chuckles. "If you take that as a threat, then pray I never have cause to actually attack." He relaxes, though. "You have some iron in you, though. That is good." He extends a paw. "I understand that this is considered a common greeting. Take it, if you will forgive my 'tone'. I wanted to warn, not insult. I will tolerate no violation of our sovereignty and consider you to be the ones most capable of doing so, but barring that, I hold no, hmm, animosity towards you or anyone here except one of my own kind." He scowls. "Pray you never meet him."

    A moment later, he nods towards the minotaurs. "If you will excuse me, that is a challenge I intend to take."

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Europe

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Tal-Amanyn:

    "Very well. I look forward to a positive relationship between our nations in the future." Orrin withdraws from the conversation with reasonable politeness, unless the Viceroy has something else to say.




    United Public Trust:

    Orrin listened, and furrowed his brows when he heard the word "hosted", though the Symbraum, if they weren't being perceptive, might not have noticed, as his face was largely obscured by the mask decorated mostly with long black jagged brush strokes, which looked like they were painted by someone not quite sane.

    After Zal M'ell had finished, the Marshal responded:

    "I am honored to meet you. Although we in the Meritocracy select from applicants for any given position through competition, so that the best may prevail, I agree that applying this principle would not be useful at this scale - it would not be very useful if we started glassing each other's planets.

    The AI is certainly interesting, though that leads one to conclude that its creators must have been yet more interesting still; I am greatly interested in uncovering the mysteries they left behind. I do not think that we know any more about the Maturation than you do, but at least it seems that the Callers and their AIs were benevolent. On the other hand, on wonders if having 'zero enemies in the galaxy', as the AI asserts, could have been achieved solely through cooperation..."


    He took an inordinately long time to pause and think, before remembering that he was talking to an actual living being, not one of his hundreds of android subordinates and servants.

    "Ahem. There is a vast expanse of space between our homeworlds and to the 'northwest', enough room for both of our peoples to grow as they desire. I simply request that you leave the space nearby Bespéartha, our homeworld, for us to colonize, even though we may be slow in doing so."

    A second Djinye, the Legate in orange robes, approached, and invited himself into the conversation.

    "The Marshal surely also meant to introduce us to each other. I am one of the religious heads of Realtaism, a philosophy that I believe you will find interesting. Our church still needs to accustom itself to operating on a larger scale, so it would not happen immediately, but I hope that you would not mind it if we introduced you to Realtaism? In my admittedly biased opinion, there can be no doubt that it would help guide the Symbraum toward a new, enlightened Golden Age."




    Mier Formica:

    Galen can't help laughing. "Well, that's certainly a good question. What is a philosopher good for? ...I suppose that they are good at ensuring that society runs smoothly. If everyone follows the same customs, you will have less conflicts that divide your society. You say that you are in constant contact, and I don't know if this has happened before, but imagine if a group of ants just went and severed their connection to the rest of the colony. You wouldn't want that.

    Philosophers are also halfway like scientists. Even if they might not invent themselves, they might inspire others to create new inventions.

    We do happen to produce electronics en masse, in particular humanoid robots. I do not know if you would have an use for these, but you could always take them apart and build something else."





    The Guardian:

    Orrin asks one more very important public question, not wasting his breath on matters of low relevance like the others. "Will we be able to access the Simulacrum in the future?"


    After Orrin is done listening to answers for the public questions, he steps into one of the rooms in the West Hall and requests to talk to the Guardian.

    "Guardian. Though you've been helpful so far, I can't shake the feeling that you are hiding many important things from us."

    He taps the table with his fingers as if to indicate impatience, before quickly firing off a series of questions, cutting off the Guardian midsentence if it starts to answer, to ask yet another question, hoping to intimidate the AI into revealing its secrets. "How can we access Caller technology? If it is too complex to understand, as you say, can't you tell us how can we advance our scientific understanding of the world in order to understand it? If you are as powerful as you claim, you should have no issue with telling us your physical location, so where are you in Axiom?"

    He pauses for a while, savoring the final question on his mind, before he finishes off with: "Who are the pirates that call themselves Eradicators? They have captured many of our ships, and thus they pose a threat to the galaxy, yet you did not say a word of them. Who are they? Why are they not here? Where are their bases? Why weren't they annihilated by you or the Callers, if they are hostile?"

    He then goes completely silent and proceeds to stare intently at the AI, trying to gauge its emotions just as if he were interrogating a human subject.



    CmC:
    As the Sister and Guardian have already been questioned by his compatriots, Vice Marshal Galen now approaches the being standing in the East Hall."Greetings, courier. Allow me a question or two. To me, it seems rather strange that the Couriers, if they, as you say, are pleased that their Relays are finally going to see some use, did not attempt to organize anything like this 'Maturation' in order to create some clients? What are the Couriers after? Money, fame, maximizing utility? All of these end goals would warrant the earlier 'Maturation' of intelligent species."
    Last edited by Corona; 2019-06-18 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Bolding the headings :)

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    A Challenger Approaches: <Hello, Tra Gutri. Let us see who is stronger, Rothuun or Lyraen.>
    (2d6+4)[12]

    Charging furiously, Thrikar swings his fist in a heavy uppercut punch, simultaneously swinging his head sideways to try and trip the Lyraen general up with his horns. Tra sidesteps the punch and slams a paw into the Minotaur’s back, but the blow barely fazes him. Despite his flab, Thrikar reacts quickly and catches Tra in a headlock, where both of them grapple to a standstill on the ground.

    <You are a good foe, Tra Gutri. You are strong and brave. I extend the hand of friendship to you and your people. If anybody else here believes that they are as strong as the Lyraeaut or the Rothuun, I challenge you to try against us.>
    Last edited by Gaius Hermicus; 2019-06-18 at 05:34 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ivor_The_Mad's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Halls of Valhalla
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Hermicus View Post
    A Challenger Approaches: <Hello, Tra Gutri. Let us see who is stronger, Rothuun or Lyraen.>
    [roll0]

    Charging furiously, Thrikar swings his fist in a heavy uppercut punch, simultaneously swinging his head sideways to try and trip the Lyraen general up with his horns. Tra sidesteps the punch and slams a paw into the Minotaur’s back, but the blow barely fazes him. Despite his flab, Thrikar reacts quickly and catches Tra in a headlock, where both of them grapple to a standstill on the ground.

    <You are a good foe, Tra Gutri. You are strong and brave. I extend the hand of friendship to you and your people. If anybody else here believes that they are as strong as the Lyraeaut or the Rothuun, I challenge you to try against us.>
    Krazkul notices out of the corner of his eye a form of wrestling match happening to his left. One of the contestants, a bull man and a human canine are wrestling on the floor. He walks up to the bull man. "I respect strength. You seem to have plenty of it. What is your name? ... I heard your challenge and would like to accept."

    Before the Above, Guardian AI

    "Thank you for your answers as cryptic as they were." "oh" turns back, "and one last thing, What happens when someone enters the center of the galaxy? Assuming they share the information will you still say it is clarified?"
    ... after answer walks away
    Last edited by Ivor_The_Mad; 2019-06-18 at 06:35 PM.
    Come to the dark side; we have pop-tarts.
    Avatar by Linklele
    "Is no fun. Is no Blinsky" "He is... FIZBOP THUNDERTOES!!!!!"

    Spoiler: The Night of the Living Thread
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by DivisibleByZero View Post
    We, as humans, have incisors. Those are made for tearing flesh and meat.
    Meat tastes good.
    If we aren't supposed to eat people, then why are they made of meat?

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ivor_The_Mad's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Halls of Valhalla
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Roll for the contest of strength if needed:
    2d6(7)+5 12
    Last edited by Ivor_The_Mad; 2019-06-18 at 08:36 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    KriegTiger's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Odeum Δ
    The Duenem

    Quote Originally Posted by Telescoping Radiance View Post
    Radiance gives no sign of concern. "That is fine. We know how tempermental life can be. If our creators were still around, they would act much the same. It is pleasing to find others near us who value life so highly." Carefully Radiance extends upwards a clasper. "QUESTION. Would you accept an offer of friendship? We share many ideas, and my fellow Duenem would certainly wish to know more of you. We could even design a frame that would be more pleasing to the Strozudal."
    The inner motes of the Aether stone twinkle briefly after the gesture and question of friendship, shoaling sub-frames shifting to mimic the gesture as if a limb beneath the ‘cloak’ were reaching up in like fashion.

    “We Tezh gratefully accept the offer of friendship. Is there anything the Duenem are in need of that We could assist with or make note of for future interaction?”

    Talotius’ choral voice carries a particular ring to it, the resonance perhaps similar to most biological forms’ ‘chuckle’ vocalizations as it responds “You may update your frame if you wish, though We feel it unnecessary. The Stozudal are a young sibling and while they startle easily now, We feel the exposure for them is beneficial to their maturity."

    A single slightly glowing parabolic sub-frame node briefly hovers out of place above the shoulder of the ‘cloak’ to be more easily visible before settling back into position.

    “We are documenting the events here to share upon Our return so that all Stozudal may observe and participate in a way, despite not being present directly."


    West Hallway
    Sisterhood of Silence

    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Gertwin View Post
    A grim look appeared across the Sister's visage and she nodded slowly at the request for a greater understanding of the Great Evil which lurked within the Core.

    "We know what lays within there is trapped but only just within our vigil's border and we know it took great effort and sacrifice to contain it within the great expanse it still claims. Our founding mistress, the Mute Matriarch, gave her life to seal away this mindlessly destructive Evil and tasked us with the role of safeguarding her accomplishment in imprisoning it. What lies within the Core is a destructive force capable of wiping out all life in the galaxy if given the opportunity more dangerous than any would be conqueror among those gathered here for it desires no rule of its own, only the destruction of what it is not. If your Consensus shall provide us aid we shall be most grateful for it for our vigil stands as the sole line between prosperity for Axiom and its oblivion."
    This answer does not seem to satisfy Talotius’, as the motes within the Aether stone flutter and ripple intensely for a few long moments. They want more detail, more knowledge, but it is unlikely to be given with direct questioning, especially in such a public space. The blue and red ones in particular fluoresce back and forth with dissonant patterns longer than the others before there is quiescence once more.

    “We will strive to assign assets to the Vigil as resources allow, Sister.

    If We may excuse Ourselves, Sister. We wish to further explore and greet our siblings."
    Last edited by KriegTiger; 2019-06-18 at 10:57 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Test of Strength vs. Kronin:

    (2d6+4)[11]

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ivor_The_Mad's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Halls of Valhalla
    Gender
    Male

    Lightbulb Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Krazkul steps up and the two square off. Thrikar make the first move faking a swing but reversing it and delivering a backhand at the last second. The force of the hit was impressive and Krazkul stumbled back a few steps. Thrikar took that chance to lunge with his horns to knock Krazkul to the floor. Krazkul avoided the blow and turned to face Thrikar. Thrikar charged again but Krazkul was ready and used Thrikar's against him forcing him to the floor pinning him down. Thrikar struggled to throw Krazkul off but to no avail.
    The two stood up.
    Good fight, you are quite strong, consider me impressed.

    Krazkul walks off to find someone.
    Last edited by Ivor_The_Mad; 2019-06-18 at 07:23 PM.
    Come to the dark side; we have pop-tarts.
    Avatar by Linklele
    "Is no fun. Is no Blinsky" "He is... FIZBOP THUNDERTOES!!!!!"

    Spoiler: The Night of the Living Thread
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by DivisibleByZero View Post
    We, as humans, have incisors. Those are made for tearing flesh and meat.
    Meat tastes good.
    If we aren't supposed to eat people, then why are they made of meat?

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    The defeated Rothuun leader stands up and proffers a meaty fist to the Kronin leader. < Truly, you are strong, as strong as the Rothuun perhaps. Congratulations on a fight well fought.>

    Although Thrikar acts magnanimous, inside he is quaking with horror. The other Minotaurs that selected him to represent their kind in the Simulacrum will be disgusted to hear that he was defeated in personal combat. They will regard him as weak, and likely try to kill him and produce a younger, stronger Urthuun. Shouting at nobody in particular, Thrikar bellows <Come on then, who is next? The Rothuun are strong, stronger than nearly all of you other races combined! Come and fight me! Come face Thrikar Fleshgorger, victor of a thousand battles, slayer of Autik Brazenhoof, rider of the Solar Takhaun, Chosen of the Cult of Blood! Come and fall beneath my fists!>
    Last edited by Gaius Hermicus; 2019-06-18 at 07:38 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground
     
    kaio999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Reggiejam View Post



    Though not a neighbor and thus not of utmost importance to contact the radiating psionic energies of the Kamasati drew Zal's attention as the Symbraum delegation mingled within the Odeum Δ. Visual observation suggested these creatures were indeed as powerful psionically as their aura seemed to suggest, lacking orifices much like the Kombuch, but containing a centralized nervous system that was more easily identified by low level psionic probing. It was clear whatever these creatures were they were powerful in a way that Transcendence Division could spend years studying. Perhaps if Zal were capable at his job they might get the chance to.

    Once more the Catarin and Runnermaw approached as a seeming pair though Zal suspected these ethereal creatures would know immediately of the dual nature of both hosts. Wishing to demonstrate this openly however and without hostility or presumption of simplicity as had been the case with the Kombuch Zal sought to connect psionically with the Kamasati to express his introduction.

    Greetings from our minds to your own. Guardian calls your species the Kamasati, we are Symbraum within these shells of simpler flesh to facilitate our travel. Never before have we sensed such powerful mind energy as we detect radiating off your party. Tell us, if it pleases your great minds, how has such power been achieved while so many of our fellow Maturated species lack even the basic means for mind to mind communication?
    The being moved almost as if floating just off the ground, thousands of whisker length tentacles moved around its body and as the symbraum got close a few tickled along the vessels flesh momentarily before retracting. What seemed to forment a conclusion was the mutual psychic connection. It sent a sigh of empathic pleasure through the room as if emenating peace and adoration despite what many might view as horror by this being manifesting truth in anothers body. <We greet the Symbraum pantheon>

    When such a question was asked the being seemed to rustle a little, what this body language indicated would be hard to guess but the manifested thoughts that approached the Symbraum being remained kind. <We developed on a world of mist, sight and scent was impossible... So the Callers dreamed us into existence this way. As for why so few others contain such low levels of psychic ability it is because they do not embrace their truth. They have not realized they are dreamers. They are like us, gods and it is their manifest destiny to do for this galaxy what the callers once did for all of us.> The psychic probed this creature attempting to reach its intent, to discover what truth it seeked and if it wished to truly awaken Would this fellow god accept the true way? <Does the host feel any pain while you take hold dreamer?>

    Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post

    To Challenge a God: Tur Oblom and the Kamasati

    In another corner, a slender, bespectacled Lyraen adorned in a black robe embroidered with strange, shifting symbols watches the Kamasati delegation from a distance. There is a frown on his face and he seems to be trying to figure out exactly how they work. Biologically, that is.
    The Kamasati sensed the mind of the being reaching out and so even if they did not realize they were doing it the Kamasati were drawn to them. They could not see they could not hear and yet they could know more then most beings in this room... Even if some were beyond amazing. Even if one was a tool of their gods and made them look so small in comparison.

    The being immediately spoke inside of the Lyraens mind. It is a direct connection and while some semblence of "words" forms there is also colors and images telling a story that explained mental state and emotional status. <Our pantheons are neighbor born. We do not share moons and yet now that the doors open and the path is made clear, the truth is we are close our worlds will collide and I hope that is done through peace and understanding.> With those words thousands of whisker width tentacles made their way toward the being to more fully see it and also forge a closer mental connection.

    (OOC: If I missed anyone let me know.)
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

    Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BladeofObliviom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    Admiral Elizabeth was interrupted by a man she would recognize to be inappropriately dressed for such a momentous occasion. Silver rimmed spectacles, a snug grey hoodie, dark blue jeans and sneakers. His hair was greying prematurely at the temples, extending down his salt-and-pepper sideburns. Having swung into view, he lifted a handheld display towards her before introduce himself. Dr. Stradford then did not introduce himself.

    "Tell me when you see a language you recognize."

    Abundantly clever, the linguist had been toying with the device for several minutes already and had realized the chamber automatically translated everything it perceived as an attempt at meaning without fail. Every file on his tablet had been converted to his native English. Even audio recordings of the primitive Corthish gruntings were translated. So too the rapid, high pitched clicks of the bat-like creatures they called Wyverns. Wyverns were not only vastly more intelligent than previously thought, they were poetic geniuses.

    The tablet displayed a rendered ink brush briskly writing letters in one Celenian language after another.

    "The universal translator here works on complete words, or meaningful individual characters. But it looks like phonemes and brushstrokes are exempt," he explained.

    B...O...N...J...O...U...R
    न...म...स्...ते
    G...U...T...T...E...N...T...A...G
    H...E...L...L...O
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    The Gelean Republic and Whoever the Hell This Is

    The Viceroy had been about to respond to the Admiral's tale and perhaps share some solidarity in how both their people's had recovered from calamitous events, but alas, some unidentified individual, another human it seemed, had chosen to interrupt. His eyes shifted from the Admiral to the new arrival and his expression darkened slightly before he gave a loud cough to clear his throat.
    "I am sure your scientific inquiry is most fascinating whoever you are, but unless I am mistaken you have at least twenty years in which to pursue it. Perhaps a great deal longer, I know nothing of your species life cycle."


    Linguistic Derailing

    The Admiral scowled at the interruption and did not let up as the Tel-Amanyn Viceroy told off the random man who'd approached her. "Likely at least forty.", she advised casually, before her thoughts caught up with her. "Who are you? Why did you feel the need to interr-hold on. Was that English? How are you possibly writing in recognizable English?"
    Spoiler
    Show


    Normal Avatar by Thormag!


    Earthbound Immortal Uru avatar by Strawberries

    Hot Mech-on-Mech Action: A Campaign Journal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •