New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

Spoiler: Campaign Opening
    Show
    Midday Uktar 25, 1372 DR, the Year of Wild Magic. In Sundabar, the Silver Reaches, the Savage Frontier, Faerun. You are all seated around a stone table, with several stone ledges and chairs of various sizes to accommodate nearly anyone. This table is one of thirty (the others are fairly conventional, seating around a dozen), at a great feast in a large courtyard in the center of the city. This feast is both a thank you from the city, and a celebration of the breaking of the siege from the orcish hordes. There is a great bonfire in the center of the courtyard, with a variety of (again, conventional) animals roasting on spits around it. Past that is the tables loaded with food, and seating tables outside that. The warmth from the bonfire is a welcome change from the chill days recently, even at midday.

This siege of Sundabar lasted 16 days. All of you were in Sundabar for various reasons, when the horde struck. At that time, adventurers, freelance soldiers, mercenaries, and various combat-effective individuals were given a choice: A: Pay inflated and increasing prices for rooms in inns and food, for an uncertain length and hope the siege fails. B: Join the militia, get 3 hots and cot, and a stipend after the end of the siege. As well as supplies of ammunition and healing potions/spell support, and the like. You would then be assigned to defend the inner wall of Sundabar. This is not the first time the city has offered this deal (or the 10th). By rule, militia can never be ordered to leave the safety of the inner wall, only shoot from atop it and defend it.

The orcs’ siege was not overly effective. There were some pitched battles outside the city and between the walls, but they rarely got over the inner wall. Even then it was only a few, and they didn’t live long. There are many small groups of orcs remaining outside the walls, but none within a few miles, and most of them in hiding.

The militia are a motley crew, as many are adventurers this is not especially shocking. Your unit was even more so, assigned special tasks and scouting, occasionally referred to as the “misfits”. Most of the others were dwarves and humans, with a sprinkling of elves and half-elves, and a few other demihumans. Of particular note are the Thayan forces. While not in the militia, they have three tables allocated for them. Two tables each having a clear red wizard leader, with several grey robed wizards to either side. As most Thayans, they have no visible hair, including eyebrows. They keep to themselves, take little food, and all look to have goblets of wine only. Their third table is occupied solely by a mercenary named Kreel. He stands roughly 9’ tall of wiry, corded muscle. He is believed to be a troll, but stands more upright, has minimal green tone to his skin (more grey than green), and wears impeccably kept armor and gear. (including breastplate for his size) His only visible weapon is the largest truncheon you have ever seen, laying on the chair next to him. He has multiple empty large plates in front of him, as well as three oversized flasks.

The Thayans are a recent addition to Sundabar, the enclave being built just last year. This actually is outside the double walls of the city and has its own solitary stone wall. The understanding was the Thayans would defend that section, and they did. Kreel was the anchor to that force, conservatively killing over one hundred orcs himself. Though they had other mercenaries, they relied more on constructs and spell support. The Thayan enclave is blatantly and purely for trade. Sundabar is situated well between the Anauroch desert and Silverymoon, and on a major trade road besides. The Thayans are not actually trusted, as they generally have openly stated their preference of conquering Faerun in its entirety. For over two years they have focused purely on trade and made no known attacks on any country. Their enclaves are excellent trading emporiums, offering minor magical items at a 10% discount over normal price. This makes them very popular with adventurers. They pay Sundabar handsomely for permission to have the enclave, as well as accepting strict restrictions. Primarily no slavery or necromancy of any kind, and that any major crime in an enclave can be appealed to the city itself. This was an unusual concession, as more often Thayan enclaves are considered part of Thay itself, and fully subject to its laws.

Sundabar itself is a double-walled city of roughly 15,000. Approximately 40% human, 40% dwarf, 10% split of elf and half-elf, with the rest being a mix of demihumans and miscellaneous. It is positioned over very rich mines, including perhaps the most plentiful adamantite outside the Underdark. Sundabar is famed as producing some of the best magical weapons on Faerun.

A long stone table along one side of the circle contains a burly human with an impressive salt-and-pepper beard. He wears a visible symbol of Mielikki around his neck. He is flanked by five dwarves, none young, and one elderly human. They all wear either mithril chain shirts or wizard’s robes. (he wears a chain shirt) He is well known as Helm Dwarf-Friend, mayor of Sundabar. He stands, holds up a stone mug, and asks for silence. He then addresses all present at the feast:

Spoiler: Helm Dwarf-Friend speaks
    Show
    Helm Dwarf-Friend: “My greetings, and thank you from myself and the people of Sundabar. This feast traditionally marks the end of the siege, and return to normal for its people. All of you performed bravely, and can collect your stipend when you leave or as desired near the entrance to this park.”
    (Note: add 300 gp to your character sheet when you do)

“I hope you enjoy this feast, and are invited to stay as long as you please. The food and drink are on us and will be available until roughly midnight. I ask that you remain civil to all present, as you should at this point consider each other comrades-in-arms.”

“As many of you here, I was once both a mercenary and occasional adventurer. Those seeking fortune and glory may wish to consult the loremasters for opportunities in that regard. More directly, while not at war we are still fully in conflict with the orcs at this point. Any strictly freelance persons are hereby informed that a bounty of 50 gold an orc is posted, starting this morning and lasting at least a tenday. This is limited to orcs roughly within 50 miles from the city. Again, the loremasters may have information on where orcs may be hiding, or directly from some of our sergeants you served under. More typical adventurer tasks may also be found in the two primary inns suited to them, ‘Eights and Aces’ and the ‘Flying Monk Tavern’.”

“Finally, I want to say that my thanks are not hyperbole. I do feel loyal to those who have fought for Sundabar, and am able and willing to give personal advice and assistance to those who need it. I have contacts in most cities within several days ride, and can provide them for many others.”
    “That aside, cheers to the success of the militia of Sundabar!”

(Raises mug to loud cheers, drinks a large gulp, and sits down.)

OOC thread is located here.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

Lassie raises her mug high, and downs it in one long draught. Ah. Good dwarven brew, nothing like it!
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

lei while not much for strong drink raise a mug in response to the speech, turning to the others in her group well hobbes, my friend seems some orc are available for hunting.. scanning the group shall we?

4. - Top - End - #4

Hobbes listens to the dwarf speak over a mountain of meat, both cooked and raw. As the dwarf raises his mug, Hobbes follows suit and finishes off what was in the cup. When Lei speaks to him he pauses between bites and says Yeah, that wouldn't be bad side money. Perhaps we should stop by one of the inns and see what they may have. He then takes another bite of his food before finishing his thought I'm figuring this party will probably last a while; we could move over to one of those two inns when we are done here. With that said, Hobbes turns his attention back to the massive pile of meat. The raw meat, which he had to get straight from the cooks, still has the bone in it. As he finishes those pieces, he slides the bones into his bag as snacks for later. One other thing, he whispers to Lei, I would like to find a place to store my money. Walking around with 300gp is not a smart idea.

5. - Top - End - #5

Lassy frowns a little. Now, look-I know we might not live here, but is antagonizing those who hate these folk really the best idea? It won't solve any of the root causes. Wouldn't it be better to try to find a more permanent solution?

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hrmph. They probably don't want someone like me getting drunk in here."

Ellenallen had had two flagons and was into her third, but she doesn't seem that much drunk or enjoying the hearty brew. A stone bench was dragged in from somewhere to keep things from being even more awkward for the militia member who may well be the only centaur in the city. Ellenallen laid her lower half over it so she could sit without her four legs uncomfortably folded below her on the bare floor. It miraculously held her body weight, but there was an ever looming weight on her mind.

Though she hadn't particularly liked her limited options when pressed to join the militia, she was obviously working through some pent up aggression with the way she met the orcs' brutality with her own savagery. Ellenallen was fairly sure the dwarves had already given her a nickname but she didn't know what the words meant, and being cooped up in this tavern was starting to get to her, her cropped tail flicking with agitation even now.

She needs something to do. A task, anything to take her mind off brooding.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Luin thanked the dwarf. "Thank you very much! It was a pleasure to be of service. I can olnly hope that we can meet on better cirumstances another day." Luin was still looking for clues for the statue. Still, it was always good to get more money to be better equipped in searching for it. He didnt expect much attention from anyone due to his small size. At the very least, he could enjoy some food even if dwarven wasnt exactly his favorite.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

8. - Top - End - #8

As Hobbes finishes up his meal, he looks over at Lassy and says Lassy, I don't know that the folks of this city are to concerned with antagonizing the orcs considering how many times the orcs have attacked over the years. Hobbes then takes a look around the table before finishing, I'm going to head over to the Eights and Aces Inn. I want to get a room before all these people and maybe get a lead on another job. If you want to stay here Lei and keep partying, I'll grab you a room as well. With that he picks up his bag and his Earthbreaker and makes his way to the inn. Once he gets there and has his room (and Lei's if she asks), he heads back down to the bar area of the inn and sits in a corner. From the corner he watches the comings and goings and eavesdrops on nearby conversations while gnawing on one of the bones.

Spoiler: for anyone
    Show
    I'm assuming it would either be late afternoon or early evening by the time the speech was given.
    Last edited by JonU; 2019-06-17 at 06:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Lassy frowns a little. Now, look-I know we might not live here, but is antagonizing those who hate these folk really the best idea? It won't solve any of the root causes. Wouldn't it be better to try to find a more permanent solution?
    "What would you suggest? While you aren't wrong, these orcs have been raised from birth to believe that it is their place to domineer over others, and to take what they want by force. It is rare, but there is such a thing as 'too far gone.'"

10. - Top - End - #10

MindFlayer

A slender male elf with blonde hair and deeply bronzed skin (unusual near here, but not unheard of) addresses you: "Well said. And Silverymoon would likely agree, they offically and formally object to these bounties each time they are given." Some side glances from grumbling dwarves don't appear to feel the same, but they return to their ale soon enough. "That stated, Sundabar is diligent in announcing that the rare orcs meaning no harm should leave immediately. I often guard and scout for merchant caravans. The next month will be quite dangerous. If you see orcs, even the kindest person among you I'd suggest you not let them get in close. I will not be collecting the bounty, but if I kill no orcs in the next few tendays I'd be well shocked."He looks to be drinking mead, somewhat unusual for elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy
    "What would you suggest? While you aren't wrong, these orcs have been raised from birth to believe that it is their place to domineer over others, and to take what they want by force. It is rare, but there is such a thing as 'too far gone.'"
    "Sadly I have no ideal solutions. Long-term ideas tend to involve a war of annihilation, which I and Silverymoon would forcefully object to. They have limited resources and breed at an absurd rate. Status and respect are given to those who take valuables, especially weapons by force. I don't think any humanoid is irredeemable, but most orcs are not remotely trying. I am Ilimaris by the way, I apologize if I was intruding."

One of the mentioned dwarven sergeants, though not one you directly served under, approaches the group. "If you've had enough of orcs for a bit, the two inns mentioned are your best bet for variety. If you do, tell them Storn sent you. I know both the innkeepers well. If you want something specific, our loremasters are likely the most knowledgeable anywhere I've been. Save Waterdeep and perhaps Silverymoon. And my thanks for your service." He drifts away, holding a mug of ale but he doesn't seem to be drinking. He has a distracted and puzzled look.

Edit: it is almost 3PM, but dark comes early this time of year this far north.
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-06-17 at 07:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Peace, if possible, Lassy says. She places a hand on her sword (still in its sheathe, of course) Or such overwhelming force that they never dare fight again if not. I'm an archon-we believe in offering redemption and second chances to everyone. But that doesn't mean we'll stand for evil.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Lei gives hobbes some coin to get her a room, then continues listening to the conversation at hand, Well ladies and gents, if there are peaceful orc out there then let them leave, if there are non-peaceful ones I say slay them outright. As for other possible jobs the inns may have the answer, I shall go with hobbes to the Eights and Aces Inn, look at what they offer for jobs and we can discuss our next grand adventure over breakfast in the morning. with that she excuses herself and heads to the Eights and Aces Inn, upon arrival asks around about potential jobs and what they might offer for pay, then after getting that information will get her room key and head off to bed.

13. - Top - End - #13

MindFlayer

Hobbes approaches the Eights and Aces inn without event, though most take effort to not be directly in his way. Outside the main doors, a stocky shield dwarf wearing a breastplate and holding a truncheon at hand takes a long look at him. Eventually lowering his raised and incredibly bushy eyebrows, he decides on: "Be careful with the furniture." and holds one of the twin doors open for him.

This inn has a large tavern occupying the entire ground floor. (presumably the rooms are in the two floors above) Not surprisingly, 6 crowded tables contain a mix of mostly humans and dwarves intent on a variety of card games. There is a very long bar along the far wall, and a bit over a dozen normal tables outside the gambling ones. It is a busy night, but outside the card tables there are a respectable number of empty chairs. Many fail to notice Hobbes's entrance, though several who do look fairly concerned.

A tall (for most human women, anyway) tawny-skinned woman with long, jet-black hair walks up to Hobbes. She holds a full tray of drinks easily. Hello, and welcome to Eights and Aces! A bit big there, even for my tastes....whatcanIgetya?"

Back in the courtyard: Ilimaris says "Again, well said. I do suggest you stay quite vigilant outside the walls of Sundabar. Nothing nearby can truly be called settled. That said, 'good luck, and godspeed on whevever your life's quest leads you.'" He then raises his drink and returns to his meal.

14. - Top - End - #14

Lassy, after downing another mug, joins Hobbes on his journey to the inn. When approached by the woman, she responds with Something meaty and rare, if you would.

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Luin heard about the inn. It was probably a good idea to find a place to sleep. When you are small and the outdoors isnt exactly a friendly area, he had to make sure to find a place to stay. He decided to follow to the tavern and book a room. Whatever the cost, he could probably pay at least one night. "Hello! I am looking for a room to stay in." he asks in a loud voice hoping to be heard of.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, if you two are going to the Eights and Aces, I'll go to the other Inn. Where should we meet tomorrow and discuss work options?"

Ellenallen mutters a half hearted request for Lei and Hobbes to come find her if they find a job at the first inn, getting to her hooves, and only staying long enough to hear their response. She honestly doesn't think rounding up orcs is such a bad idea so soon after the siege-- a hunt would slow down any attempts to amass another invading force any time soon-- but has no patience to argue the ethics involved. The centaur was getting very cross just sitting and listening to others argue, but waouldit have been right to demand they stop spoiling her meal? She just snorted. This group tolerates her more than... others have, better to just quit the scene rather than burn bridges.

She takes whatever longest route to The Flying Monk as she can; the dark doesn't bother her, and she's hardly drunk. Still... the appearance of the dark coated centaur may be awkward if the Inn's not able to accommodate quadrapeds.

"Oy! Do you have job offers here? ...And room for one such as myself?"

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show

Given Ellenallen's unusualness, and she's kind of a jerk, I may need to roll diplo: (1d20+10)[26]
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

17. - Top - End - #17

MindFlayer

Lassy, after downing another mug, joins Hobbes on his journey to the inn. When approached by the woman, she responds with Something meaty and rare, if you would.
    At this point most of you have found a table, even a larger chair for Hobbes.

The black haired waitress says: Name's Tess, happy to get what you need. Extra rare steak we can do, and most meats in general. Hope you weren't aiming for our famous vegetable stew, though. Not much there but potatoes and stale bread. Rooms we have as well, most merchants left as soon as the roads were halfway clear. We're thankful for the militia, so tonight you can a nice room with a lock for a gold. Two small beds or one large, share if you like. Bunk in the common room is a silver, but we do have lockers for that. Drinks first though? Most of our customers stick to our ale, well above average here.

You overhear many conversations about fighting and hunting orcs, the majority of which you are sure are drunken lies. There are large caravans leading both west to Silverymoon, and east across the desert. The latter no one seems to find appealing, a long trek through a wasteland. Some may be still hiring. You hear bits and pieces of the Red Wizards expanding their trade wares, as well as hiring. Not the favorite employer, but they pay well. There is mention of an old crypt to north.. It sounds to be well explored in the past, but tends to find new inhabitants too often. A few mentions of disappointment with the innkeeper's offering, a tall, burly clean-shaven man in what looks to be solid grey but tailored work clothes.

At the Flying monk tavern, Ellenallen's self-introduction goes over well, even to some drunken cheers. One particularly drunken dwarf yells out "Ay! Ush milishia 'ave to stick together! Put 'er drinks on my tab." A nearby waitress seems leery but makes a small note in pencil. He invites you to his table, 4 dwarves and 2 humans well into celebration mode. The small blonde waitress says Rooms we have, a gold per night with breakfast included. We have bunks in the common room, but no offense meant I don't think you'd find them comfortable. Innkeeper usually knows about mercenary or adventurer work, he's by the counter with the keys above it. His name's Dorn. Ale or mead to start?
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-06-19 at 10:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Don't think we're quite comfortable enough with one another to share a bed just yet, Lassy says with a chuckle. But ale and steak sounds wonderful.

Cocking an ear towards the most egregious of the liars, Lassy listens a little more carefully, seeing what exactly he's saying.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

After getting the information about the large caravans leading west to Silverymoon, and bits and pieces of the Red Wizards possibly hiring, Lei will grab her key and go to bed then meet up wit the others to discuss the jobs other than hunting orcs.

20. - Top - End - #20

Yeah, I think we'll have separate rooms. However, I would like the largest pitcher filled with the best ale you have! Hobbes leans back against the wall in his chair while he listens to the stories. One in particular catches his ear however as he hears a random dwarf claiming he did something that Hobbes actually did. Hobbes couldn't let it go and got up and casually walked over to the table. As he walked up he dropped his hammer with a rather loud thud. As he leaned over to the dwarf, he whispered I think you got your story mixed up. He looks up at the table and back at him then says to the group I'm all for a good story, but be careful of who's around when you claim to do something you could never do. With that said, Hobbes picks his massive hammer up and goes back to relaxing in his chair.

After a few hours of drinking, socializing, and getting proper credit to those who deserve it (really just limited to what he saw his group do in action), Hobbes talks things over with Lei, Lassy, and any other members of the small group that are present. Making sure to go find the others that went to the flying monk in the morning.

Once the meeting is over he heads up to his room and pulls a bone out of his bag chews on it till he falls a sleep. In the morning he gets dressed and heads downstairs to get breakfast while he waits on the others to wake up.

21. - Top - End - #21

MindFlayer

Lei mostly picks up that while caravans to Silverymoon are common, they are relatively safer and guards/mercenaries paid less. Enough to make a profit, never get rich. The Red Wizards often hire guards/mercenaries to help search for rare material components, or magic in old ruins. They were, until recently, too busy protecting themselves for adventuring. The Red Wizards and their apprentices mostly kept to themselves at the militia celebration. They often post publicly for adventurers, but haven't today. Their enclave also does hiring, rumors say dealing with illegal goods and worse.

Lassy listens to a human in studded leather go to impressive lengths, often with quite skilled comedic timing, describing both epic solo battles with dozens of orcs, and narrow escapes from dragons and vampires. It isn't likely he's much believed, but he's a good enough story teller to be steadily bought drinks. There are a group of four humans, also in studded leather but much more travel worn, one-upping each other with stories of battles against giants, trolls, and demons. They are tall and muscular (two men, two women), and from what you overheard Rashemi barbarians, far from home. They all have very long hair, various shades of reddish-brown. Between their scars and gear, a decent fraction of those stories may be true. One male details a battle with a Red Wizard and a horde of zombies and skeletons. He mutters something about "witches" saving him in that one, none of them seem comfortable with the term. They claim to be traveling west tomorrow with the roads clear, they are on a term that doesn't translate well.
    As they describe it, it sounds similar to the Australian "walkabout" in the real world. Both to broaden horizons and prove themselves.

The dwarf Hobbes leans over turns fairly pale, which is a lot of work for a gold dwarf. Some were displeased by this, but outnumbered by recent militia releases. Some of the dwarves never seem to fully stop drinking, but eventually things quiet down towards midnight.

In the Flying Monk, Dorn the innkeeper overhears Ellenallen and is impressed by her self-confidence. A swarthy and overweight human with a flushed face, he approaches and mentions in a low tone: "Too much for just you I think, even as strong as you look. But if you have other militia or friends interested, a gnome I know was looking for some competent help. He wasn't finding what he wanted this afternoon, and turned in early. Towards the end he was even offering a decent chunk up front, I could have him meet you in the morning if you want."

22. - Top - End - #22

Lassy, while planning on doing what Hobbes was, decides against it. It's clear that for the man she's listening most to, none believe his tall tales-or at least, none believe him for long. But they're entertained and happy, even if they know it's fiction-hardly worth troubling the man over.

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

Having become totally lost in thought, Zarakiel eventually returns to his surroundings, finding himself alone at the table. Feeling mildly embarrassed at his absent-mindedness, he quietly collects his earnings before casually flying over towards the Flying Monk. Although he had no need for food or sleep, he preferred a warm room to the cold night air. Finding the place quiet, he asks for a room - deciding to meet up with the others in the morning - and then promptly becomes lost in thought once more.
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-06-20 at 09:23 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

"I know a few other people looking for work. We can manage."

Ellenallen asks the innkeeper what kind of job the gnome was offering, if he knows, as well as asking for a time and place to meet up. Following this, she politely (for her, anyway) joins the dwarven revelers for *a* drink and whatever it is they're eating. A drunk centaur is bad enough. A drunk centaur warlock is even worse and she nurses her drink accordingly before paying for a room rather than embarrass herself at the bunks. She's not the best reveler herself but she can be loud and just bellows in agreement with the drunks for a while before finally retiring.

Telling the staff to wake her an hour before the gnome arrives, she hopes sleep finds her first, without nightmares nor false hopes of memories of her prior life.

25. - Top - End - #25

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    "I know a few other people looking for work. We can manage."

Ellenallen asks the innkeeper what kind of job the gnome was offering, if he knows, as well as asking for a time and place to meet up. Following this, she politely (for her, anyway) joins the dwarven revelers for *a* drink and whatever it is they're eating. A drunk centaur is bad enough. A drunk centaur warlock is even worse and she nurses her drink accordingly before paying for a room rather than embarrass herself at the bunks. She's not the best reveler herself but she can be loud and just bellows in agreement with the drunks for a while before finally retiring.

Telling the staff to wake her an hour before the gnome arrives, she hopes sleep finds her first, without nightmares nor false hopes of memories of her prior life.
    Dorn: "That was a bit odd. He's a successful merchant in Sundabar, but he wanted a small plot of land cleared of danger before use. I wasn't aware he owned any, he has shop in the city. Presumably much of the danger being violent. I can have someone wake you if he's up first.

Zarakiel flying does cause some commotion, some of the watch call for reinforcements. The bouncer at the Flying Monk is silent as he enters, and for whatever reason none of the watch or shieldsar enter.

Tess didn't directly respond to Luin Whitefur's question, or simply didn't hear it. (there was moderate yelling at the time) A short, blonde haired woman in robes approaches, blushing moderately. (Common)"I hope this isn't rude, but are you an actual dragon? I study them as a hobby, but I don't recall reading of one with your coloration."
    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "Or in Draconic, if you prefer. I rarely get to speak it with anyone but my master, and him not often."

At this point it is mid-late evening. Inside you can't hear the hourly bells, and in this region rarely are people accurate about time anyways. Ellenallen, Zarakiel, and Lei have recently retired for the evening. Eights and Aces is down to three active card tables. Half the heavy drinkers have passed out, hopefully somewhere safe. The Rashemi barbarians are at a corner table casually discussing something in their own language.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant12 View Post
    Dorn: "That was a bit odd. He's a successful merchant in Sundabar, but he wanted a small plot of land cleared of danger before use. I wasn't aware he owned any, he has shop in the city. Presumably much of the danger being violent. I can have someone wake you if he's up first.

Zarakiel flying does cause some commotion, some of the watch call for reinforcements. The bouncer at the Flying Monk is silent as he enters, and for whatever reason none of the watch or shieldsar enter.

Tess didn't directly respond to Luin Whitefur's question, or simply didn't hear it. (there was moderate yelling at the time) A short, blonde haired woman in robes approaches, blushing moderately. (Common)"I hope this isn't rude, but are you an actual dragon? I study them as a hobby, but I don't recall reading of one with your coloration."
    Show
    "Or in Draconic, if you prefer. I rarely get to speak it with anyone but my master, and him not often."

At this point it is mid-late evening. Inside you can't hear the hourly bells, and in this region rarely are people accurate about time anyways. Ellenallen, Zarakiel, and Lei have recently retired for the evening. Eights and Aces is down to three active card tables. Half the heavy drinkers have passed out, hopefully somewhere safe. The Rashemi barbarians are at a corner table casually discussing something in their own language.
    Luin is surprised by how he was easily identified as a fake. There wasnt much point in hiding it though. "
    Show
    Yes, it is true. This was a magical form gained through a miscast spell. That is the reason behind my strange appearance.
    " Luin replied trying to keep himslef from giving too much details on the subject. Still, it was better to be straight, at least to some level on the matter.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

27. - Top - End - #27

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    Luin is surprised by how he was easily identified as a fake. There wasnt much point in hiding it though. "
    Show
    Yes, it is true. This was a magical form gained through a miscast spell. That is the reason behind my strange appearance.
    " Luin replied trying to keep himslef from giving too much details on the subject. Still, it was better to be straight, at least to some level on the matter.
    Show
    "That seems to be a fortunate result, to me. I look forward greatly to being able to fly, even for a short while. Break Enchantment can reverse a great many things, it isn't often clear which it can or can't. Sadly beyond my skills and I'm fairly certain my master's, either. I'll see what I can find on the subject but I don't recall anything on this.
    "(Common) I'm sorry, that was rude of me to intrude. I rarely get a chance to speak Draconic as often as I read it lately. I'm an apprentice conjurer, my name is Rowan. I should probably be going. My master is out late celebrating the end of the siege, but arriving home later than him would be unpleasant. *To Luin* If I find anything I'll leave a note with the innkeeper. If you want to speak to me or my master about it, ask for the Sepret residence near the Hall of Vigilance. Hard to miss." Rowan curtseys and walk towards the door, lost in thought.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant12 View Post
    Show
    "That seems to be a fortunate result, to me. I look forward greatly to being able to fly, even for a short while. Break Enchantment can reverse a great many things, it isn't often clear which it can or can't. Sadly beyond my skills and I'm fairly certain my master's, either. I'll see what I can find on the subject but I don't recall anything on this.
    "(Common) I'm sorry, that was rude of me to intrude. I rarely get a chance to speak Draconic as often as I read it lately. I'm an apprentice conjurer, my name is Rowan. I should probably be going. My master is out late celebrating the end of the siege, but arriving home later than him would be unpleasant. *To Luin* If I find anything I'll leave a note with the innkeeper. If you want to speak to me or my master about it, ask for the Sepret residence near the Hall of Vigilance. Hard to miss." Rowan curtseys and walk towards the door, lost in thought.
    "Not at all. It was a pleasure having this bit of conversation. " Luin replies with a smile. He was glad about receiving some posible help for his issue. At the very least, there was a chance that they knew some details about magic that he didnt. Afterall, he still had a long way to go.
    Show
    "Thanks for offering. I think I Will gladly take any help I can get on the matter."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

29. - Top - End - #29

MindFlayer

Mid-morning Uktar 26, a dusting of snow overnight but otherwise quiet. Though snow fully melts often near the city, the moat is fully frozen over, as you observed on occasion from the fighting on it. Dorn wakes Ellenallen sometime near 8 and sends a runner to Eights and Aces to ask for the party members there. He has one of the larger tables with a hearty breakfast laid out, you have been fully assembled near 9 and a gnome comes down the stairs roughly 15 minutes later. He is a rock gnome, barely over three feet tall, with deep brown skin and a neatly-trimmed goatee. He wears finely tailored clothing nearly matching his skin. Including a fair amount of elaborate, fanciful stitching woven in. He has a friendly grin as he approaches your table, plants his feet and announces himself.

(Common)"Greeting and salutations! I am Jorbis Silverton. My friend Dorn informs me you may be able to help me out of a predicament I find myself in. I've recently come into possession of some prime farmland not far outside the city. Sadly, the fort designed for defense of my property is otherwise occupied. A scout who went near said he saw humanoids from a distance, though surprisingly they did not look to be orcish. The short version is I need those occupants out in the next few days so I can move in. I believe Dorn mentioned partial payment up front. If you'd be willing to sign a standard adventurer's agreement of intent, I could offer four thousand gold to secure my property. Half up front. Since there look to be seven of you I could make that 2,100 now, 1,900 on completion. I have a rough map from the scout but it isn't hard to find. I'd need you to head out in say, the next five days or I'd need to make other arrangements. I prefer to take a leisurely breakfast at the bar, so feel free to discuss this amongst yourselves."

He tips his head, deep enough it could be considered a slight bow. Jorbis then walks towards Dorn at the bar.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

So this gent wants us to storm a fort designed for defense, fortified by some humanoids of unknown type, rid it of the occupants presumably with minimum damage to the fort. Lei looking about Well it is a job and it pays reasonable.. Hobbes, would you like to storm a fort with me?
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-06-27 at 06:53 PM.