The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 190
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Jersey, doh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    A shadowy form comes into view, within the range of dancing lights. It seems to bend and shift as you watch it, and even now would be difficult to spot if you weren't looking right at it. You are quite certain it was not visible without see invisibility active.

    It is vaguely human in bulk, but clearly a quadruped. Otherwise you can make out no clear details, even the head. You suspect it is corporeal, but viewing it seems similar to what you've heard about displacer beasts.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xenopax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Tark would take a double move action forward, slightly on his guard so the thing didn't attack him. he made a move thing with his hand, trying to tell the others to cover him if need be. Either way, he would intake the air trying to smell what was going on.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Ellenallen wonders if they'll ever get out of this place, her frustration and growing sense of nausea and illness get her into an onery mood, too focused on hate to feel fear over the situation.

    Stomping at the ground, she leaps forward, raising a hand and fires off an eldritch blast that screams over the air and plummets down at the beast. Evidently she put something special into the blast as it bubbles arcane energies that barely seem stable right before it hits...

    Spoiler: ooc/rolls
    Show

    Not gonna charge this one, but I'm getting JUST within range for an EB and taking a shot with Mortalbane added in for an extra 2d6. I believe that this leaves me with three shots of it.

    (1d20+6)[24]

    (4d6)[12]

    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Jersey, doh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    An angry growl comes from somewhat in front of Tark. A shimmering, shadowy blur moves rapidly west directly at him. The snow he sprays is more clearly visible than the creature himself, but either is enough for a rough position.

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show
    Ellenallen has Know(Planes) ranks, enough that I've decided she realized not to use Mortalbane (outsider). Should be still 4 uses on Eldritch Blast itself today.
    So base 2d6 instead of 4d6, conveniently half of rolled damage is 6.

    Both Ellenallen and Sudu Gileso would hit, but total concealment is 50% miss chance. 51 or higher on 1d100 is a success.

    Ellenallen: (1d100)[65]
    Sudu Gileso: (1d100)[99]


    A crazed-sounding incoherent yell comes from the hallway behind the previously barred door. Though loud it sounds somewhat muffled, by door or otherwise.

    Spoiler: Initiative for next round, new participant
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20)[17]

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Jersey, doh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    The shadow creature charges in, trying to bite Tark's leg and pull him off-balance.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit, Damage: (1d20+9)[25], (1d6+4)[10]
    Trip attempt if hits, no counter-trip: (1d20+3)[21]

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    "A mummy. How delightful. You two should assist with the strange shadow creature, I'll handle the mummy - I am very well equipped to handle such a creature. I can see the shadow creature from here, so I should be able to direct you to hit it if need be."
    (1d20+12)[21](1d8+16)[22](1d100)[86]
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Ready action: attack the mummy if it appears. Zarakiel will wait until it comes outside, however. He isn't going to go into the hallway
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-10-31 at 05:44 PM.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Gudu tried to recognize the displacer beast.

    Spoiler: Knowledge devotion
    Show
    Knowledge arcana (1d20+11)[25] this should giv gudu an extra 2 to attack and damage



    Not a good situation, but the paladin was surely better suited to fight the mummy, and Tark could use some help with the displacer beast.

    Gudu glided swiftly next to Tark, drawing his scimitar and slashing at the four legged creature.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Flyby attack drawing scimitar as part of the movement, bow is held with left hand. Using 1 inspiration point to attack + whatever i get from knowledge devotion (1d20+13)[22] damage (1d6+4)[8] +2 from knowledge devotion. miss chance (1d100)[59]
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2019-11-01 at 06:49 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Jersey, doh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Gudu's blade cuts deep, the beast lets out a short whine and seems to shift away from him. The patch of snow now has a fair bit of blood on it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Outsider, but still +2 bonus as you guessed. 10 damage I believe.

    It is a Shadow Mastiff, you've experienced most of its abilities. Actual bright daylight, the Daylight spell or better prevents his shadow blend ability. Darkvision, torches, dancing lights, and continual flame don't help at all.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Luin decides to assist against the displacer beast considering the circumstances. "Lets get rid of the creature first. I just hope I manage to him them." Luin declares as he prepares to cast a spell.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Casting magic missile to attack the displacer beast.
    (1d4+2)[3]
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the awesome avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    While she knows the bite of an outsider probably wouldn't poison her the same way the ghouls are forcing her hand in the future to see a cleric, Ellenallen seems slightly reticent to get too close to anything on this trip anymore. To a point. She sprints up, outside of the mastiff's reach as her eldritch energy spirals over her hand and splits, forming a pole and a jagged sword like blade that she quickly grips in both hands before arcing a wicked cut down at the creature, trying to keep it out of biting range.

    Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

    Eldritch glaive, time to test this sucker out:

    (1d20+8)[12]

    (2d6)[8]

    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Jersey, doh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    The creature shrieks and falls the ground. There are still stray wisps of shadow, but it is now fully visible.

    From a distance, it looks like a very large black/grey dog. Closer inspection (Tark and Gudu Sileso) reveals it is considerable more disturbing. It is absurdly muscled, and it's face (particular jaw/mouth) looks angry and twisted. Possibly dangerous spikes are down the ridge of its back, and on its legs and tail.

    It still bleeds rapidly, fitfully taking the occasional breath. Tark and Gudu Sileso are quite confident it isn't moving without quick aid.
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-11-02 at 07:43 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Jersey, doh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Before you have time to catch your breath, a new creature appears.

    The mummy you heard earlier opens the far door directly in front of you, and shambles forward.

    It's eyes gleam red and if anything, even more hate-filled than the undead previously. The sense of wrongness is palpable at a distance, and an unpleasant smell reaches you that smells of very old death.
    Your hair stands up on the back of your neck, and you try to fight off an involuntary shiver.

    It has stopped very near the Ghoul Glyph location. The mummy does not seem aware or interested in the trap, focused purely on Zarakiel and Luin Whitefur. You are confident it didn't go off.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Will Save DC 16: (1d20+8)[12]

    Edit: Welp, I cant take any actions.
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2019-11-05 at 12:45 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the awesome avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Ellenallen fires a shot off at the mummy as soon as it appears, sculpting her glaive into a shrieking massive bolt of energy with a few deft motions of her hands. She follows this up by hefting up her lance, getting ready for a charge...

    Spoiler: ooc/rolls
    Show

    (1d20+6)[8]
    (2d6)[7]

    Eldritch blast, and I'm gonna try to charge it next turn.


    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Seeing that his companions had dealt with the odd invisible creature, Zarakiel turns to face the mummy, mace held at the ready.

    "Do not be afraid, my friend, for Pelor's light is particularly suited to destroying undead."

    And with that Zarakiel moves swiftly down the hallway, holy light gathering around the head of his mace as he goes. He is careful not to touch the glyph on floor.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Chaaaaaarge!(Literally, I am charging) Zarakiel is going to fly down the hallway if there's room, or simply run if there's not. Either way, he's going to be sure to avoid touching the glyph.

    Attack Roll: (1d20+12)[16]

    Power Attack for full, first attack this turn doesn't take penalty. Also going to use Divine Might this turn. -1 use of lay on hands.

    Damage Roll: (1d8+21)[27]
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Jersey, doh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    The Mummy, if anything, looks even angrier. His eyes glow a move visible red than the ghouls and ghasts, and convey something deeply distraught. He groans, bashing Zarakiel with both forearms.

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show
    Standard slam attack: To-hit: (1d20+11)[15], Damage: (1d6+10)[16]

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Ellenallen takes that as her cue, hurdling towards the mummy with her lance, its haft once more laced with a screaming spiral of eldritch energy that she puts faith in to punch a hole in this godawful terror. Where the hell did anyone even find a mummy and why bring it here? She doesn't know and only cares about getting rid of it...

    Spoiler: Getting rid of it
    Show

    Charge. AC is now 19, but I'm attacking it with reach

    (1d20+11)[28]

    (1d8+6)[11]

    (2d6)[5]

    ...That's 33 damage from the charge, right? 38 in all?

    Last edited by tonberryking; 2019-11-10 at 12:47 AM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Jersey, doh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    The Mummy takes a massive, gaping torn hole in his torso. Large enough that it would certainly kill anything living. Sadly he is clearly not living, though he lets out a high-pitched that briefly makes your bones ache.

    Spoiler: OOC Comments
    Show
    38 damage done, but Mummies have 5/- damage reduction. Which doesn't apply do eldritch blast damage but definitely does for a lance.
    So the Mummy has taken 33 damage at this point.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    "Excellent hit! Now for my own."

    Zarakiel sidesteps around the mummy, attempting to trap it between himself and Ellenallen. Once there, he brings his mace upward in an underhanded swing, head of the mace radiating light once more.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Move Action: move to square opposite Ellenallen

    Standard Action: attack mummy

    Full Power Attack, no penalty from Furious Focus, I'm not sure if we're flanking yet or not, so I haven't added that bonus
    Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[18]

    Using Divine Might:
    Damage Roll: (1d20+21)[33](1d8+21)[25](rerolled in OoC thread)
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-11-10 at 06:04 PM.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Jersey, doh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    The Mummy swipes with his right arm as Zarakiel flies overhead, putting his shoulder into it.

    The Mummy is then notably more damaged. But the growl after the hit from Zarakiel sounds angry, not so much in pain as you would expect.

    He then follows up, slamming both forearms into Zarakiel at once.

    Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show
    AoO: To-hit: (1d20+11)[27], Damage: (1d6+10)[13]
    Standard action, Slam: To-hit: (1d20+11)[19], Damage: (1d6+10)[16]

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Ellenallen takes advantage of the mummy's distractions and just tries to put her lance through the thing's head, rearing up and slamming it down in a heavy thrust.

    Spoiler: ooc/rolls
    Show

    AC is back to 21 I guess.

    (1d20+10)[26] From flanking
    (1d8+9)[17] two handing it
    (2d6)[5] Eldritch blast




    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Considering his options after being released of the paralysis, Luin decides to use his Sonic blast against the mummy. He had a way to recover his power after the battle if it was necessary. Luin concentrates and aims at it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Using Sonic blast. One point left.
    (1d20+7)[26]
    (2d6+3)[10]
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the awesome avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Jersey, doh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    The final two hits do severe damage to the Mummy's torso, causing it to break and buckle, nearly severing in half. He collapses with a weak, wordless groan. As he hits the floor, the smell of death, rot, sand and salt linger for a bit. Not at all pleasant.

    The Mummy has a visible belt pouch and very visible finely engraved leather anklet. Otherwise corpse and mummy wrappings. He looks previously human, though a very large individual.

    A doorway to the left is the source of the thumping sound. You see what looks like a dwarf zombie with one arm dragging himself in the left corner room.
    He is attempting to drag himself through the doorway. As Zarakiel watches, he seems stuck in a repetitive loop. He pushes the door further open, which causes a *thump*. As he attempts to get through, it closes partway and blocks his shoulder, knocking him back somewhat.
    Then he stops and pushes the door further open, and this repeats. He is glaring at Zarakiel as he does this, but continues failing to get through the door.

    The open door direct across from you has no light at all from outside. (Darkvision works.) It looks like the Mummy damaged it opening it somewhat, and is has numerous empty, sturdy wooden boxes. These look like storage boxes, and there is a fair amount of debris piled in the corner.
    Both Zarakiel and Tark(at a greater distance) smell a concentrated, unpleasant smell of death and rot from the room the Mummy came from.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    "One less of the foul undead in the world. Good work, my friends."

    Zarakiel wanders toward the stuck zombie, gazing at it curiously.

    "I must admit: I assumed the thumping was going to be something far more ominous than a zombie stuck in a door. How humorous. Best make sure he doesn't unstick himself and cause us trouble."

    With a swift motion, Zarakiel brings his mace down on the zombie's head. He does so again for good measure, then rights himself and returns to stand with the rest of the party.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Jersey, doh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    As you enter the hallway, you are faced with four doors, effectively west, east, northwest, and northeast. The east and west doors are closed. The northeast was opened by the Mummy, the northwest the incomplete zombie. The latter has one arm and close to no legs. That room has only a few sturdy wooden storage boxes and traces of snow, apparently it was abandoned there.

    The northeast room is apparently the source of the desecrate aura. The evil is palpable without actual detection. A stone table is near the center, decorated with many dark circles with purple borders, similar to the ones found in the Leucrotta's lair. This table has an orc corpse, sturdily tied up, apparently killed from a cut to the neck. An impressive amount of partially dried lies blood beneath. He has been dead perhaps a day. The far end of the table has a makeshift altar, again with purple/black circles. The room also has many small pieces of long rotted clothing, as well as the occasional long-dead body part. There are more open wooden storage boxes, and the arrow slits have been blocked by debris and dark fabric, no light enters the room. One of the open wooden boxes contains a surprising 500 gp. On the walls are more purple/black disks, some overlaid over smaller silver ones. Smells of death and undeath are strongly present.

    In the far corner is a large and finely crafted wooden chest. It appears to have no lock but is firmly latched.

    Approaching the northeast door triggers a response: An eerie, deep voice in Common originates from nowhere you can discern:

    "I hurt myself today. To see if I still feel. I focus on the pain. It's the only thing that's real."
    "The needle tears a hole. That old familiar sting. I try to kill it all away. But I remember. Everything."
    "What have I become? My sweetest friend. Everyone I know. Goes away. In the end."


    The voice goes silent and nothing follows. An eerie feeling persists anywhere near or in the northeast room, however.
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-11-11 at 10:05 PM. Reason: northeast not northwest

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground
     
    tonberryking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wandering
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Ellenallen's entire body tenses at the sound of the voice; this is clearly getting out of hand as she then stops the earth hard with an angry hoof. "Oh that's just great. How awful would this place be if we'd come any later, I ask?!"

    She has abandoned using her lance in such cramped quarters, seeming ready to make a glaive of energy at a moments notice, and after fitting into the northwest room cases it with a frustrated, yet cautious, eye.

    "Bloody Necromancer's been shacked up in here, if you ask me, but one of you two-leggers help me out here-- what're the odds that box can hold a person?"

    She doesn't expect it to hold treasure or any kind of boon. In fact, she looks ready to demolish it...

    Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

    Hooboy...

    Kn: Arcana, first on all the creepy crap in this room; El wants to try to discern what kind of spells/rituals were being performed here: (1d20+3)[12]

    Second Arcana roll to try to discern if the voice is from a ghost, an enchantment, or is some kind of mummery meant to scare off people: (1d20+3)[23]

    Perception to tell if she can hear any breathing/noise from the box with the latch: (1d20+1)[13]
    And, finally, I am pretty sure I've taken damage, but I have CLW potions: (1d8+2)[9] assuming you have to be caster level...second to make one?
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

    "Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DaOldeWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Luin decides to assist with the room search by casting his detect magic spell again. Its better to ne prepared in case there could be more traps in the área and prevent any losses.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Casting detect magic
    Rolling: (1d20+10)[22]
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the awesome avvy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    It can also turn into a Star wars debate.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Jersey, doh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    Uktar (November) 28th, dawn: Still cold and a bit windier now, a moderate amount of clouds out. No snow this morning, but this evening is possible.

    The fort looks well designed on closer examination, likely dwarven craftmanship. It would be fairly pleasant, except for the various corpses laying about, undead and otherwise. The three southern towers still have their external doors shut on the ground level, and can also be entered from the roof of each tower. The Great Hall building's main doors are fairly thoroughly destroyed. The walkway to it from the northwest building's upper floor is another possible entrance. In full day the stable looks like it was previously well kept, nothing new of interest. Tark also smells nothing new; with the ghast corpse nearby that may not mean much. You are confident the postern has not been opened in weeks minimum, but looks functional.

    At dawn the path leading north outside the main gate is more apparent. Even with some snow since it was made, it is 5'-6' wide and even, from a sled or something similar.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stevesciguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In your base
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    "Somewhat less foreboding in daylight. Quite a nice fort, really. Where to now? I think we should clear the rest of the towers before heading deeper in. Don't want anything coming up behind us, after all."
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xenopax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monsters as PC's (IC, 3.P)

    'Fore we move...Da dead 'uns shoud burn. To ashs,"
    If Possible, Tark would begin gathering as many of the Undead Corpses as he could without leaving the general vicinity.
    "Dey be still fuel. Proppa dead talker bring back,"
    It was hard to bring back ashes, so as much as he disliked fire he would stack em up and back off into the corner or wherever. He just needed to be extremely far away from the fire is all.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •