New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default New class: Striker

Hi friends, been a while. This isn't actually my class, but one I was suggested by a player wanting to use it in homebrew, but it does look interesting to me, so I'm wondering if anyone sees some glaring flaws/absurd strengths I'm missing. Right now, to me, it seems a below average class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    Speaking of which, I think that positive energy should give you cancer. Not just because it's associated with the sun but also, more importantly, because it's associated with growth and regeneration. Just like cancer.
    While there are other Fire Tarrasques on other forums, I go by Fire Tarrasque on GiantITP.
    I am also not the similairly named user, Tarrasque of Fire.
    GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: New class: Striker

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Tarrasque View Post
    Hi friends, been a while. This isn't actually my class, but one I was suggested by a player wanting to use it in homebrew, but it does look interesting to me, so I'm wondering if anyone sees some glaring flaws/absurd strengths I'm missing. Right now, to me, it seems a below average class.
    Where is the class?
    Or is it the descriptive class for the descriptor system where instead of having all those numbers you pick descriptors like "medic" or "wears a tophat"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

OH SHOOT I FORGOT TO POST IT
    I'M ACTUALLY AN IDIOT
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Ien_yyInY/edit
    Despite saying edit, this is a view link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    Speaking of which, I think that positive energy should give you cancer. Not just because it's associated with the sun but also, more importantly, because it's associated with growth and regeneration. Just like cancer.
    While there are other Fire Tarrasques on other forums, I go by Fire Tarrasque on GiantITP.
    I am also not the similairly named user, Tarrasque of Fire.
    GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's decent at first glance. I'll take a closer look tonight.

I'd consider swapping the 5th level feature and 11th level extra attack, and replacing the 17th level extra attack feature.

Also, the second half of the 20th level capstone could stand to be moved earlier in the progression. Maybe as compensation the capstone can bump Intelligence and your choice of Strength or Dexterity.
    ~ Composer99

D&D 5e Campaign:
    Adventures in Eaphandra

D&D 5e Homebrew:
    This can be found in my extended homebrew signature!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Swapping the 5th and 11th features would bring it in line with the paladin. 17th extra attack(2) is really strong and takes away from the fighter. Runic field feels over powered with 5e's bound accuracy.