The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Stampede City
    July 11th, 2019, 5:47pm MDT
    Team Quarters


    It's been a few weeks since the wrap of the competition's finale, and the time has been an odd mix of relaxation, getting to know each other better peppered with a series of awkward misunderstandings, and just a little bit of celebrating, here and there.

    Given that Stampede City is coming to the end of its week-long Greatest Outdoor Show On Earth, an event that involves rodeos, carnival rides, midway games, concerts, and alcohol and infidelity in nearly equal amounts, there’s been much celebrating to be had.

    Approaching dinner time, most of the team is already at Quarters, as it has come to be informally called. A renovated building by the riverfront in the historical neighbourhood of Inglewood, it lies not far from the studio used for filming stage events. There are single bedrooms for everyone (wired for video and audio), with an open concept living room/recreation area/kitchen that is the main focus of the quarters – ie, wired for video and audio as well, but even better.

    The lower level is more utilitarian; laundry facilities, a workshop, and a fairly well-equipped gymnasium. The facilities hadn’t been redone with a mech in mind, but a detached two car garage on the property serves with only minor squeezing.

    The team has generally been left on its own to form bonds, hang out, cook or order food as they see fit, and generally...be teenagers. With word having come from Production earlier in the day that there would be an informal meeting this evening, however, it seems that the next stage of their show is going to be cycling up soon….

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Ezra, The Delinquent
    Conditions:
    Potential: /5

    There's not a lot of things Ezra has been more vocal about than all the cameras still darkening the proverbial doorway of the shared home. His van, a beat up V.W Bus, sits on the curb thanks in part to the giant mech sitting in the garage. The garage is probably likewise wired up, another strong argument for sleeping in a van on the side of the road. Beats down by the river. Not that he's kept to the van entirely since the show wrapped, contracts and friendships are tightly binding at the end of the day.

    Ezra is running late to the meeting however, the panels launching to a nearby shopping plaza to show the surly redhead moving through the streets with several plastic bags in hand. A series of action shots frame the teen jumping through crowds and dodging cars as he strives to save his precious cargo, the last showing him moving one of the bags handles to his teeth as he pulls out a cheap and fairly fractured smartphone.

    "Running late" is what he tries to punch in, a picture of Nikita with noodles half hanging out of his mouth with a look of shock and embarassment in the corner to reveal who he's sending it to. It doesn't come out that way of course, closer to "Rubboj lete". The phone's autocorrect long since given up trying to parse Ezra's messages, even before the poor thing was subjected to a long sting of falls and other maladies. "G8t fo0", is all the rest he manages to send before he runs headlong over a bush as he tries to pass a particularly slow throng of tourists in to see the Outdoor Show. The panels move accordingly, showing a frame by frame before the panels go "over" the bush with Ezra before cutting to black.

    The panels open back as the door to the common house swing open with Ezra framed in the slim box. It's much later, steam practically billowing off the short teen who seems covered in bright red and brown sauces. He's somehow managed to return with several more bags of food, tossing them onto the main table in the common room before finding a seat. He says nothing, the storm behind his eyes in full rage mode. A clock in his last panel shows a
    +40 minutes, to indicate just how badly late he is.
    Last edited by Razade; 2019-08-07 at 09:14 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Specialist's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Surface of the Sun

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Astral Black, The Nova
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    The first panel shows the outside of Ezra's van, before the next few clip to inside it, no dialogue present as they follow Nikita through the interior of the vehicle turned tiny home while he leisurely waters a number of potted plants strewn throughout. Ezra has very patiently tolerated Nikita building his collection. The herbs he keeps inside the Quarters in the kitchen, as seems most practical. In the last few weeks following the competition's finale, he's been taking advantage of having access to a full kitchen to practice cooking now and then. It's one of the ways he tries to ingratiate himself and make friends with the other team mates, tending to be over eager for approval in general.

    Nikita keeps a few smaller plants in the bedroom that is designated as his, as well. The vast majority have ended up here in Ezra's van, however. Perhaps because it gives him an excuse to escape his team mates and camera crew, the one place no one dares enter. Well, the camera crew may dare in absence of Ezra, having likely learned by this point that Nikita lacks any real backbone outside of emergency situations. For now at least though, he's on his own, a small but genuine smile of satisfaction playing across his lips as he finishes and looks down the length of the van at all his freshly watered friends. It's been a good way to wind down after a few days out and about exploring the Outdoor Show with whoever (if anyone) will let him join in with them.

    He stands up straight as motion lines denote the phone vibrating in his pocket, and he quickly sets the watering can aside to fish it out instead.
    "Rubboj lete" displays on the screen, the sender denoted by a small picture in the corner, of a typical sour-faced Ezra trying to hide behind a hand. A look of thoughtful consideration and vague puzzlement takes over Nikita's features as he attempts to decipher Ezra's message. Noting the time however, Nikita picks up the watering can again and moves towards the door of the van.

    The next panel shows the front door of the Quarters swinging open and Nikita stepping inside with the water can in one hand and phone in other, the boy letting out a soft ‘aha!’ of realization as he finally seems to have riddled out a possible meaning behind Ezra’s messages. ”Um… I think Ezra might be a little late for the meeting, but I am not one hundred percent sure! I also think he may be bringing food…?” Nikita announces to whoever is in the main living area, before actually looking up to check if anyone is present. If so, he offers a small wave in greeting, and if not he somewhat sheepishly moves on to the kitchen to check on his herbs.


    Lifting his phone again, Nikita types out a quick: "Ok! Thanks! I will hold a seat for you!" in response for Ezra as if there would somehow not always be the perfect amount of seats ready for the team.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Dynast
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Danger: +1
    • Freak: +0
    • Savior: +1
    • Superior: +2
    • Mundane: +1

    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Been reading the files

    You've learned about the superhero world through your mentor's resources. When you first encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll +Superior. On a hit, tell the team one important detail you've learned from your studies. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what you remember. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the situation is well outside your base of knowledge, the GM will tell you why.

    Fireside chat

    When you seek advice from your mentor, roll + the label they embody. On a hit, they will tell you what to do. On a 10+ mark potential if you follow their advice, and take a +1 forward on going to follow through. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through if you do it their way. On a miss, they don't have time for you because something big has gone down; Mark a condition, GM's choice.

    Be mindful of your surroundings

    When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss.


    From Nikita's viewpoint of the room, the back of Akemi's head is visible poking up over the sofa. The camera pans round to show her stretched out across it, one leg hanging off the side as she focuses intently on her laptop. From the front view, she appears to be intently working, the picture of the constantly innovating engineer that fans of the show might imagine her as. A second panel pans further round, however, revealing her to be hard at work in Blockcraft. Gaming in general wasn't something Widget really approved of, but Akemi had found plenty of studies talking about how downtime could improve productivity to back up her argument that she couldn't be expected to work all the time. Not that it had been a particularly fun discussion, but it was one that she'd won. Or at least gotten begrudging agreement on.

    She glances up from her position on the sofa at Nikita's announcement and offers him a smile in return to his sheepish wave, nodding her acknowledgement as she does. "Sounds good! Did he say what he was bringing?"

    There's a cut ahead, showing Akemi's perspective of Ezra's dramatic return. Her laptop is put away now and she's sat at the dining table with her chin resting on her hands, a morose expression on her face as she waits for the long-delayed food she'd been promised. Straightening up a bit as Ezra marches toward the table, she can't help but break into a grin at his undignified appearance. Unable to help herself, she chirps, "Thanks Ezra, can't wait to try it~"



    GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

    Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show


    Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Spartan
    Conditions: none
    Potential: 0/5


    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    Danger: 0
    Freak: 0
    Savior: +2
    Superior: +1
    Mundane: 0
    Soldier: +2


    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Before we get started: When you have time to closely observe your opposition before a fight, roll + Savior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1 and mark a condition. During the fight, you can spend your hold to name a character you observed and...:
    • ...redirect their attack to another character or nowhere—into a wall or the sky.
    • ...cross a distance between them and you.
    • ...stun them, close up or from a distance.
    • ...ignore all harm from one of their attacks.
    • ...escape any bindings or impediments they attempt to place on you.

    Mission first: When you secure a valuable resource by defeating a powerful foe, you can shift your Savior up and any other Label down. If you (and your team) managed to avoid causing any collateral damage, clear a condition as well.


    The panel moves away and down, showing off the gymnasium in the basement of the base. This late in the afternoon, the gymnasium only had one occupant, who also happened to be it's most frequent visitor. Jayden's parents, through A.E.G.I.S., had given a very specific equipment list they wanted the gym to be fitted with, and in the interest of keeping their new heroes in top shape, the production company had complied. Though a lot of the stuff wasn't hi-tech machines, but some significantly simpler set-ups, though no less functional for it. Which is why Jayden was able to enjoy one of his preferred workouts, the gymnastics rings.

    And that's where he is, holding himself upside-down, entire body straight as a board, when an alarm on his watch goes off. In an instant, Jayden's body is swinging down towards the ground and as he releases his grip on the rings, he flips twice in the air before landing, and turning the alarm off.

    With the alarm signalling the end of his workout, he runs through a quick set of cooldown stretches before making his way to the showers. By the time he enters the main living area he's dressed in jeans and a loose singlet, with his still slightly damp hair slicked back. When the team first came together he had dressed a lot more formally, regardless of occasion. However he had quickly learned that such actions only set him apart from the team, and had since then learned to be more 'casual' around them.

    Taking in the sight of Akemi on the couch and Nikita at the table, he moves towards the table. He isn't surprised by the absence of Ezra and Zuper. Those two tended to do what they want and leave others to play catch-up. If anything, he's a little surprised that Akemi and Nikita were here before him.

    Having seen from previous meetings that Ezra will be sitting next to Nikita, and Zuper next to Ezra, Jayden instead pulls out the chair opposite the sorcerer and sits down. "Hey Nikita. Haven't seen you around much today. Get up to anything interesting?"
    Last edited by Catastrophic_B; 2019-08-11 at 12:08 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Specialist's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Surface of the Sun

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Astral Black, The Nova
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    “Oh! Um... no... If he answers, I will ask!” Nikita is relieved to find only Akemi in the main living space. Of all his other team mates, excluding Ezra of course, she is the one he feels most comfortable with. Jayden he is somewhat intimidated by just on merit of him being a strong, confident young man (i.e. things Nikita really is not) and still sort of feels guilty for injuring him, and Szuper of course... well, actually scares him. Beyond that though, Akemi is the first person to not only be not scared of him, but actually seemingly excited about his powers. He’s been meaning to ask her questions about what she said in her Confessional, and considers the fact that he has her here now and some time to kill... but ultimately chickens out. Who knows when the others might suddenly pop in! And... she’s playing a video game, he shouldn’t interrupt her, he decides.

    After checking on the rest of his plants, he settles himself quietly at the table instead, idly poking at his phone. He’s somewhat surprised when Jayden sits down at the table with him, but quickly offers a gentle smile in greeting, setting his phone down. “Oh, hello! Ah... nothing exciting today really. Today was a quiet day. Sort of for meditation and things. It helps...” He trails off with a vague hand gesture, his eyes darting away briefly. “W-What about you?”
    Last edited by The_Specialist; 2019-08-12 at 01:45 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Spartan
    Conditions: none
    Potential: 0/5


    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    Danger: 0
    Freak: 0
    Savior: +2
    Superior: +1
    Mundane: 0
    Soldier: +2


    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Before we get started: When you have time to closely observe your opposition before a fight, roll + Savior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1 and mark a condition. During the fight, you can spend your hold to name a character you observed and...:
    • ...redirect their attack to another character or nowhere—into a wall or the sky.
    • ...cross a distance between them and you.
    • ...stun them, close up or from a distance.
    • ...ignore all harm from one of their attacks.
    • ...escape any bindings or impediments they attempt to place on you.

    Mission first: When you secure a valuable resource by defeating a powerful foe, you can shift your Savior up and any other Label down. If you (and your team) managed to avoid causing any collateral damage, clear a condition as well.


    "It was a slow day for me too," Jayden replies with an easy smile. "Mainly just tending to a bit of routine maintenance on Mjolnir, and keeping up my usual workout routine." Though he makes it sound like no big deal, and Akemi's condescending comments about "only being able to do basic maintenance", add to that impresion, the armor is such a complex piece of mechatronic engineering, that Jayden could probably make a living as an engineer from what he's had to learn to maintain the suit.

    "How about you join me for a workout down in the gym sometime? They say a healthy body is a big step towards having a healthy mind, so it might help you get a little more control of the, you know," Jayden uses his hands to act out an explosion. "Plus it can get a little boring going through sets by yourself down there, so you'd be doing me a favor by giving me a bit of company every now and then."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Specialist's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Surface of the Sun

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Astral Black, The Nova
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    “Is that where you came from just now?” Nikita inquires idly. He for one however is quite amazed how easy both Jayden and Akemi make it seem, tending to their various suits of armour. On occasion, when feeling particularly brave, Nikita has even poked his head into the garage or otherwise when either of them are working, offering to bring them drinks or hand them tools, seemingly just curious to watch.

    The offer to join Jayden working out catches him slightly by surprise. Nikita definitely looks like he’s never been inside a gym in his life, rather gangly and soft. Reaching up a hand, he scratches gently behind an ear, a typical shy or nervous tick of his. He knows on one hand, Ezra would probably hate the idea of him hanging out with Jayden like that. But on the other hand, it does sound like solid advice! And Nikita is fairly eager to jump on any chance to spend time with his team mates! ...except for Szuper of course.

    The mimed explosion causes Nikita to briefly retreat further into fidgeting, rubbing at the back of his neck and glancing away briefly with a slightly embarrassed laugh. When Jayden frames the whole thing as being a favour that Nikita could be doing for him as well, Nikita definitely can’t refuse though!

    “Oh! I suppose I could do that... I didn’t know you wanted company!” He starts to smile tentatively. “You just... have to promise not to laugh at me. I have never been to a gym before,” He urges with a bit of humour, though also honest. “It is very nice of you to offer, too. Thank you. Maybe next time I will try with you?”

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Spartan
    Conditions: none
    Potential: 0/5


    "Everything's better with friends," Jayden answers with a shrug and smile, glad he was able to convince his fellow teammate. "And I'm not the kind of guy that would laugh at someone working to improve themselves. We can start as early as tomorrow if you want. I do a morning and afternoon training, so which would you prefer to join in on?" Jayden offers, knowing some members of the team aren't as keen on early mornings as he is.

    Then an idea occurs to him, and he pushes his chair back a bit as he turns to face Akemi. "You want to join in on a workout as well, Akemi? Might be useful to get your fitness up in case something happens to Dynast again, and you have to jump out." He tries to keep his tone measured so his words come out as genuine advice, and not a dig at her, but he's not too sure he succeeded.

    While his phrasing could use a bit of work, his intent is genuine. His suit had taken a bit of knock from Nikita during the competition, something that went beyond his ability to repair, and it had been Akemi who had come in and fixed up the damage, saving him from having to forfeit the competition. He still owed her for that, and while mechatronics was her specialty, physical fitness was his, so there was really no better place for him to repay her, than in the gym.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Ezra, The Delinquent
    Conditions:
    Potential: /5

    Ezra takes his seat next to Nikitia, to the surprise of absolutely no one. The cheerful greeting from Dynast does little to quell the rage, a grunt more or less the only acknowledgement as he settles. "Chinese." is the only other one, Ezra being a young man of few words at the best of times. He's already working at portioning things out for Nikita and himself though otherwise remains silent as the others talk about training or whatever it was he stormed into.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Stampede City
    July 11th, 2019, 6:27pm MDT
    Team Quarters


    The common area fills with the distinctive scent of Chinese food as the largess is divvied out amongst those present. As far as Chinese takeout goes it's actually quite good; the Quarters are located only handful of blocks away from downtown and the Chinatown quarter, allowing for Chinese food that is actually a bit more authentic than one might encounter elsewhere in the city. The ginger beef, of course, is excellent, these being the direct descendants of the immigrant workers who first created the dish in this very city.

    It is, of course, just as the serious business of eating is about to be gotten down to when an insert panel shows the security system alerting Akemi that an authorized user has swiped through the front door. Sure enough, with only those few moments' warning up the stairs comes bounding their benefactor and chief tormentor all in one, Adam Worth. This being his first introduction, he gets a page-height panel for a head to toe look, along with a few lines of pertinent details.

    ADAM WORTH
    CEO OF WYNERT & COMPANY
    PRODUCER
    PAIN IN THE BACKSIDE


    ...that last one probably isn't any sort of official title, but it’s not out of line. His endless energy and enthusiasm for this project fairly radiates off the page, and while his heart is clearly in the right place, he's in his forties and has no idea of what actually makes teenagers tick. If there's a villain in this issue, it's got to be him.

    "Hey, kiddos, what we eatin'?" he inquires jovially as his ever-present assistant Jenny makes a much less dramatic entrance behind him, tablet already at the ready. "Hope you're ready to have your socks blown off, because have we got some exciting things lined up for you." He grabs one of the island-height stools, actually spins it around and straddles it backwards, folding his arms across the back.

    "Oh, go ahead, eat, don't let me stop you," he urges the team, flicking a hand dismissively. "We all here and ready to rock?" You'd think this level of enthusiasm would come off as an affectation, but he just seems so...genuine.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Ezra, The Delinquent
    Conditions:
    Potential: /5

    Ezra is not game for cheery attitudes most of the time. Less so when he's in a bad mood, which is often. The, let's be charitable, charm of Mr. Worth wore thin early in the production of the Reality Show for Ezra. No one is that nice, giving away that much, for no reason. Kindness was suspicious and suspicion was good enough for him to instantly dislike someone regardless of their actual intent. The fact that it's interrupted eating is yet another mark on a very long list of marks for the youth.

    He needed no invitation to eat, already digging into a particularly pungent box of fried peppers and noodles, reaching over to make sure Nikita is actually eating as he puts food on his friend's plate. "Can we skip this? Just tell us what you want." he grumbles, pointing at Mr. Worth with a pair of chopsticks in as vaguely a threatening manner as one can with two pieces of wood. He shoots an equally sour look to the rest of the team, slurping noodles loudly all the while.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Dynast
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Danger: +1
    • Freak: +0
    • Savior: +1
    • Superior: +2
    • Mundane: +1

    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Been reading the files

    You've learned about the superhero world through your mentor's resources. When you first encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll +Superior. On a hit, tell the team one important detail you've learned from your studies. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what you remember. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the situation is well outside your base of knowledge, the GM will tell you why.

    Fireside chat

    When you seek advice from your mentor, roll + the label they embody. On a hit, they will tell you what to do. On a 10+ mark potential if you follow their advice, and take a +1 forward on going to follow through. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through if you do it their way. On a miss, they don't have time for you because something big has gone down; Mark a condition, GM's choice.

    Be mindful of your surroundings

    When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss.


    Akemi pulls a face at the suggestion of extra work-outs. "I think I'm good thanks, I'm already in there more than I think I need to be." She smirks, "All I really need to do is up the armour durability on Dynast and I'll be good."

    Ezra's declaration of what the food is brings another smirk as she leans forward to help herself to the meal, "Aww, how'd you know that's what I'd like..? I don't remember telling you it was a favourite."

    She's halfway through plating up when Adam Worth makes his grand entrance. She deflates a bit as she realises she wouldn't be getting to savour her meal quite as much as she might otherwise like. Moving the rice about on her plate absent-mindedly, she glances to Ezra as he's first to respond to Worth. When he shoots his sour look, she can't help winking back. Taking a mouthful of rice, she innocently asks, "Were you wanting a bite to eat as well, Mr. Worth?" She pauses briefly, hoping to get a rise out of Ezra, then continues, "Or, I guess, we could just get straight to it..?"



    GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

    Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show


    Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Spartan
    Conditions: none
    Potential: 0/5


    The promise of food is more appealing then what he knows would be a drawn out argument with Akemi, so Jayden shelves the discussion of armor improvement vs pilot improvement for another time.

    Growing up on a strict diet that he still keeps to 99% of the time, the types of food laid out before the team now are still a new and novel experience for Jayden, and it can be seen in the almost childish excitement he shows as he sets to work getting a piece of everything onto his plate. A quick "Thanks Ezra," thrown out somewhere in that process.

    After Adam Worth has made his entrance and Ezra and Akemi have said their respective pieces, Jayden sets his fork aside, and turns his attention away from the small mountain of food he grabbed, and to their producer. "I think what my teammates are trying to say is that we're excited to start doing... something. We've been here for a while, and I think a couple of us have almost started to feel like we're gathering dust. Or something like that."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Hans Free's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    No thanks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Šuperconductor
    Conditions: None, for now...
    Potential: 0/5
    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Freak: +1
    • Danger: +2
    • Savior: -1
    • Superior: +1
    • Mundane: 0
    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    • [X]Thick and thin skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers.
    • [X]There when it matters: When you defend someone, on a hit you can hold 1 instead of choosing one from the list. Spend your hold when they are in danger later to arrive on the scene ready to help.
    • [X]The Bull's Heart: You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your Love Ezra or frustrates your Rival Nikita.
    • [X]Enabler: When you provoke your love or rival, roll + Danger if you are trying to provoke them to rash or poorly thought out action.

    "Mmm...! Too loud for my hangover... can someone turn the off the TV? And -- oh, it's you, Adam. I was beginning to think you had forgotten about me. Canada's Next Teen Hero. Or... y'know, us or whatever." reads a speech bubble that pops down, its tail reaches off the top of the frame. We pan up to see Šuperconductor, in her bodysuit sans jacket, curled up on the ceiling -- her reddish-pink eyes half-open and full of sleep, the albino teen stretches her way into standing proudly on the ceiling with her arms on her hips. Upside-down, she looks down on Jayden.

    "Anyway, speak for yourself, Ro-Boy. If you guys have been collecting dust, it's you who've been lazing about, 'kay? I've feel like I've been punched at enough times this week for two teams." She yawns, referencing the drunken haze of partying and fighting that had been her time at the Stampede City Outdoor Show. She sparks the ceiling with a tap of her index finger, and Szuper floats downward slowly into cross-legged 'sitting' upside down, directly above her rival, Nikita. Her snow-white hair falls down onto his face, forming a blob of white hair between the two. She grins mischievously, spinning to meet his doe-eyes to show them hers, full-of-fire, and so unlike his -- she goes wide-eyed. Grabs at her headphones, making sure they don't fall off into his food. Or just off in-general. 'Cause that would be bad. Literally terrible. And 'literally' terrible.

    "Oh, sorry, Nikita! I didn't see you there... hiding behind that grain of rice." She grabs at the last container of food, unopened -- and expertly corrects her positioning in the air so that she can eat her food. Jayden was correct in his assessment that Šuperconductor tended to sit next to Ezra -- but not specific about her exact spacial positioning. Because Szuper does technically sit 'next' to Ezra, just floating several feet above the spot next to him, above the couch and the rest of the team. Exactly where I belong.

    "'If you don't eat up, you're never gonna grow up to be as big and strong as me.' That's why Ezra's trying to get you to eat your dinner." The tiny girl starts slurping at her food, a glint of competition in her eyes -- it's ambiguous as to if it this is addressed to Nikita or to herself. Maybe both. Probably both. She perks up, pivoting in the air to face Ezra, her mouth full of food. "Og, Yeh! Thnks Erzo, dis fud... iz rlly goos." She gulps it down and quickly seems to wipe her mouth with her sleeves*, and smiles earnestly at the grumpy boy, ignoring his annoyance/hostility at Adam and any he might potentially float her way for antagonizing Nikita -- not a social queue she's been particularly adept at picking up on since her escape. At least, when she isn't using her telepathic powers.

    Something that was, understandably, a strict non-starter for her teammates. And for her too, because... 'Reading people's minds is just ****ing disgusting.' Yep, I've heard it said and thought a thousand times each, literally. Frankly... I agree. It's like being a plumber for the worst sewers in the world. People are gross. No offense, but I'd prefer to stay out. So, no... psychic links, no mind melding, no mental interrogation... I. Hit. People. And things with brains. And I hit them hard. That's what my powers are used for, because that's how I say they should be used, and no one's gonna say otherwise. 'Kay? That was the speech she gave to the other members of the team when they all were put in such close Quarters, and that was something she had stuck by without err, at least, outside of unintended interference. And in spite of her various... eccentricities.

    "Good morning, Peons! Your fearless leader is finally awake." She scans the room as she (semi)-jokingly says this, her eyes particularly narrowing on Akemi after she winked at and seemingly flirted with Ezra. She finally turns back to the Producer. "And yeah? Finally. So... who do I need to destroy while you guys record dramatic reaction shots of the rest of the team?" She shakes her fork, striking dramatic facial poses of mock-surprise, casually imitating and dismissing her teammates as she continues to tear through her chicken and broccoli.

    *In actuality, she's disintegrating the food particles by electrifying the vector fields in the air that contact the skin on her lips and face, trying as she is to avoid getting any debris (food or otherwise) on her bodysuit. Not that she knows that. She just does it on instinct.
    Last edited by Hans Free; 2019-08-21 at 07:10 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Ezra, The Delinquent
    Conditions:
    Potential: /5


    "He's rich, let him buy his own damn food." Ezra takes the bait more or less immediately, fire in his eyes though it's quickly distracted, any further feints from Dynast distracted by Super as she descends from the ceiling. "Hey. Don't make fun of Nikita." While Super's general attitude is a big A+ to Ezra, the assumed rivalry between the psychic and his travel buddy remains at a tense balancing act. He motions to Super in the same threatening manner as Adam, his usual attempts at smoothing over the tension between them obviously at a low considering the rest of the day. "Here Kita, I'll take some off your plate. You eat what you want." he grumbles, taking a few pot stickers off Nikita's hands. Or plate.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Hans Free's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    No thanks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Šuperconductor
    Conditions: None, for now...
    Potential: 0/5
    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Freak: +1
    • Danger: +2
    • Savior: -1
    • Superior: +1
    • Mundane: 0
    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    • [X]Thick and thin skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers.
    • [X]There when it matters: When you defend someone, on a hit you can hold 1 instead of choosing one from the list. Spend your hold when they are in danger later to arrive on the scene ready to help.
    • [X]The Bull's Heart: You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your Love Ezra or frustrates your Rival Nikita.
    • [X]Enabler: When you provoke your love or rival, roll + Danger if you are trying to provoke them to rash or poorly thought out action.

    When Ezra admonishes Szuper color flushes to her cheeks; she swallows.

    "Wow. 'Kay... uh, sorry." Szuperconductor thrusts her hands into her pockets, leaving the container of chicken and brocolli floating in the air -- nary but a small spark or two off it for the observant-eyed to indicate her powers at work here. She puffs up her chin and looks as far away from Ezra as the super-heroine can muster. "It wasn't 'making fun of'. I'm being encouraging! Or... did that not come across? Sigh." Szuper grabs her Chinese out of the air with an exaggerated sigh, repeating herself after having just said the word aloud. She quietly goes through a chain of thoughts, bopping her head in-tune to an unheard track after her semi-rhetorical explanation. The panels split screen her quickly glancing from Adam to Ezra and finally to Akemi; Szuper shoots her a knowing look and breaks out into laughter. She pats her knee and gulps down a bite, keeping the container floating in front of her, confident she can keep it steady.

    "Aww... but if we have all these leftovers, it'd be rude not to invite Adam to come down and have some with us; family-style!! He doesn't bite, Ezra. Much. Or... were you going to eat it all?" Szuper bites her lip a little, trying to hide the grin spreading across her face, the fire of mischief in her big eyes as she challenges Ezra to eat; probably not everything, but certainly more than he should. Hyper-focused on him, she absentmindedly goes to twist her fork into her hair before quickly stopping herself.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Roll superior (+1) to provoke Ezra to eat too much Chinese Food. Szuper high stakes first roll for the game, Hans! And... wow, double sixes, for a total of 13. And on my birthday, too. Is that lucky or unlucky?

    Anyway, Ezra, that means if you eat too much Chinese food, add a team to the pool. If you don't, mark a condition.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Specialist's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Surface of the Sun

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Astral Black, The Nova
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    RECAP!

    Nikita seems reassured by Jayden’s insistence that he isn’t the type to laugh at someone striving to better themselves, nodding in agreement that he could join tomorrow. He manages not to panic as he’s asked to decide between morning or afternoon, his sleep schedule tending to vary.

    “Um… Let’s say afternoon, to be safe! If I am ready in the morning, I will come down though!”

    He is tentatively hopeful, excited for a chance not to make amends exactly, but make friends perhaps! Deciding to avoid commenting on Jayden and Akemi’s exchange on the shared workout offer, Nikita is still happy to just share the space with his team mates. When Ezra arrives, Nikita’s face brightens slightly with pleasant surprise, the sorcerer sitting up quickly and offering a smile in greeting.

    “Welcome back, Ezra!” He offers softy, before processing Ezra’s behaviour and realizing that the sourness of Ezra’s expression seems extra bitter. Nikita’s own expression betrays a touch of worry in response, though he refrains from asking outright if something is the matter in front of the whole team.

    “Oh.. Thank you!” Nikita murmurs quietly as his friend begins to portion out a plate for him as well. It’s fairly standard for the two, Ezra being so protective of him, but that doesn’t mean Kita won’t say thanks. It makes him happy hearing the others give thanks as well, knowing that Ezra’s abrasive behaviour is likely to estrange him. Not that Ezra cares. But Nikita does!

    Having been content to watch his plate be loaded up in relative silence, Nikita looks up in surprise with slightly widened eyes as their cheerful benefactor comes springing up the stairs. “O.. Oh! H-Hello…” Very curious about what Adam’s presence will bring, Nikita is also immediately anxious (and not just because Mr. Worth has WAY more energy than he’s comfortable with) knowing that his friend has strong feelings about the CEO and is clearly not in the best of moods already.

    When Ezra almost predictably grumbles at the man, Nikita gingerly touches the other boy’s arm as if trying to soften him. “Ezra…” He urges very quietly, almost reflexive at this point. A common soundbite, not that it seems to be having its intended effect.

    When Akemi and Jayden take over addressing Mr. Worth, Nikita is content to start poking at his food, tending to be a fairly slow eater. It’s something he has learned and trained himself to do, now that there is no danger of grouchy half-brothers trying to knock over his plate or steal it. In the process he’s also learned that he actually… really likes food! Which has lead to him eating even slower, really trying to enjoy flavours and break them down in his head, so that he can perhaps replicate them in the future. He’s far from catching up each time Ezra piles more on, though always gives a soft thanks even if intelligible around a bite of food.

    Szuper’s voice causes him to immediately tense, and look around carefully in confusion before quickly following her voice up. His stomach does a bit of a flip flop thinking back and realizing she must have been sleeping there the entire time. How unnerving!! The boy does make a valiant effort of trying to put it all from his mind and resume eating while pretending he’s unbothered by Szuper’s presence, though this is quickly unravelled. Nikita’s shoulders begin to hunch tightly as Szuper ends up floating directly above him, close enough that her hair starts to curtain around him.

    The sorcerer pulls his plate in closer, one arm hovering over it protectively, instinctively, though the rest of him remains quite rigid, afraid of moving in any way that would cause him to ‘touch’ even a single part of her. His large eyes meet hers with obvious concern, clearly not enjoying himself in her mischief, his discomfort practically tangible. In truth, he’s annoyed as much as he is scared, but too much of a wimp to tell her off or anything of the sort without further pushing. Especially because… well. Ezra is there currently, to protect him.

    That said, the coy greeting of sorts does stoke the hidden flames of anger a little more, but it is buried deep still. He’s relieved when she gives him breathing room again, though he’s not much happier with her hovering next to Ezra. It’s always been a point of contention for him. For the most part, he wants people to be nice to Ezra. He wants Ezra to have friends! But Szuper’s seemingly genuine like for Ezra just… drives him up the wall, honestly. He closes his eyes briefly to calm himself.

    Just breathe… Think about your breathing… Slow it-

    An amber eye peeks open as Szuper insists that he needs to eat up to be big and strong like her, his expression perturbed and growing into a distrustful, sour little pout. Starting to cautiously eat once more, Nikita vows silently to himself to set an alarm so he definitely won’t miss the gym session tomorrow. And he allows himself to feel vaguely vindicated when his travelling buddy tells Szuper off for teasing him and the latter actually seems slightly taken aback. Even though Nikita should probably be embarrassed for not being able to tell her himself, right…? It occurs to him that he didn’t even say anything to her, which might be rude. But… Whatever. It was all too much to deal with. He tries to tune Szuper out as she continues talking to Ezra, keeping his head down as he starts to eat faster, almost defensively.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Ezra, The Delinquent
    Conditions:
    Potential: /5

    Ezra gives a derisive snort, looking back to his food. "Oh it came across." he mutters into a mouthful of noodles which he all but chokes on at the challenge. He glances at Nikita before giving a shrug as he sweeps half the food his way. "I didn't think I was gonna eat all of it, I figured you'd be game to join me. Whaddaya say or are you afraid you can't beat me in an eating contest too?" He wasn't someone who was going to lay down and just take a challenge. The old addage held true. If you're willing to make a challenge you better be ready to prove you were up to it yourself. With the challenge returned, he dug in with vigor with absolutely no care for decorum. Anyone reaching in for seconds best be quick or they might find themselves on menu.

    Spoiler: Provoke Again!
    Show
    Got a 12. So right back at Super. Either she joins in and adds a Team to the pool or she marks a Condition.
    Last edited by Razade; 2019-08-24 at 06:52 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Hans Free's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    No thanks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Šuperconductor
    Conditions: None, for now...
    Potential: 0/5
    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Freak: +1
    • Danger: +2
    • Savior: -1
    • Superior: +1
    • Mundane: 0
    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    • [X]Thick and thin skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers.
    • [X]There when it matters: When you defend someone, on a hit you can hold 1 instead of choosing one from the list. Spend your hold when they are in danger later to arrive on the scene ready to help.
    • [X]The Bull's Heart: You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your Love Ezra or frustrates your Rival Nikita.
    • [X]Enabler: When you provoke your love or rival, roll + Danger if you are trying to provoke them to rash or poorly thought out action.

    Šuperconductor's eyes light up, literally. The faintest hint of blue electric crackle graces its way across the surface of her eyes; her teeth -- white as her skin -- come out into an aggressive snarl, and it's a little unclear if she is about to explode... until she THRUSTS her hands up into the air and CHEERS, bursting into laughter so hard it floats her down, practically into the empty seat on the couch next to Ezra, who is already guzzling food down. She stays an inch or so up though, sitting cross-legged, boosted above the cushion so as to meet his eyes whenever he does look up from his food. She nudges him a little bit.

    "Of course I'd love to have dinner together, Ezra!! And if it's a contest, that's all the better -- that way there can be a winner and a loser!" She blurts out, tipping the container of chicken and brocolli towards herself. Šuperconductor starts to funnel it into her mouth with her fork as she one-handedly floats more containers of food on over for Ezra and her to race through -- and the common area around them starts looking more & more like a solar system of styrofoam takeout and plates, which Szuper helps clear through with shocking force, given her small stature.

    To her credit she hasn't eaten anything in approximately... 12-18 hours, accounting for the amount of time she's slept post-bender, so Šuperconductor has an empty leg-up in that regard. On the other hand... the two shortest members of the team have their work cut out for them size-wise due to the exceedingly generous portions of the restaurant; hauling the team's takeout home by foot was itself likely to almost be a training exercise for Ezra in each container's sheer mass.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Team to the pool! Of course Szuper loves the idea of having an eating contest with Ezra!
    Last edited by Hans Free; 2019-08-24 at 06:57 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Stampede City
    July 11th, 2019, 6:31pm MDT
    Team Quarters

    TEAM: 3

    Assistant Jenny rolls her eyes expressively at the antics of the team, but Worth’s response makes her seem stoic in comparison.

    "Whoah, hey there, save the antics for the show, kiddos!" he exclaims jovially, as if there weren’t cameras catching these events from several angles simultaneously. "Enjoy your food but settle down, we’ve got business to discuss." His tone makes it clear that this is Very Important Business that teenagers should be suitably impressed by.

    "All right, let’s get started," Worth says cheerfully, pulling a remote out of his pocket and pointing it. The next panel cuts to the huge flatscreen TV down at the entertainment end of the room, which blips into life.

    "Marketing has been hard at work, and the focus groups are showing a clear outlier," he enthuses, clearly at home with his buzzspeak. "You all are the first official team that will be covering Stampede City and the surrounding Kaninaskis area, and we wanted a team name that resonates with not only the mission, but the culture." He nods at Jenny, who taps at her tablet as he continues to speak.

    "Ladies. Gentlemen." He doesn’t quite seem condescending as uses those terms, rather than ‘boys and girls’, but it’s not far off. "I present to you, your official team name!" Jenny swipes up on her tablet, and an image is cast to the big screen in bold red and white.

    Wynert & Company
    Presents
    The Stampede City
    RANGE RIDERS

    Worth looks back and forth between the screen and the team with excited anticipation.

    "Eh? Ehh? It incorporates the local western theming not only with the wording but the term itself works! You patrol the land, dealing with varmints and lawbreakers," he goes on dramatically, sweeping a hand slowly across the room as if you could see the frontier horizon that clearly exists somewhere in his mind. He grins, shoving his hands into his pockets for a moment. "Pretty yeet, right?" Jenny winces faintly, but says nothing.

    "So! Logo design is in the works," Worth goes on cheerfully. "We know you kids like to express the whole individuality think with costumes, so we’ll just go with an appropriate badge or paint job to show some team unity. Oh, and while we’re on the subject of costumes and heroic identities," he adds, his smile widening as his gaze falls upon the eating contest, "have we got a proposal for you, Ezra!" Should he really look so…gleeful?

    "We've been testing out some potential heroic identities on your behalf; we get that dealing with this isn't really your thing," Worth says with a touch of sympathy. "Something that ties together your heroic and [/i]savage[/i] sides." He lifts his chin at 'heroic' and actually holds up hands like claws for 'savage'.

    "And what tested through the roof compared to the rest, you may ask?" he goes on...although no one has. "Picture this;" The producer spreads his hands dramatically. "From the deep northern wilds of Canada, bringing his own brand of justice to civilization, it's…The White Wolf!" He makes this pronouncement as if it is some great revelation.

    "And before you say anything, we know you're not big on the whole idea of a costume. So we keep it simple, the badging, on a hoodie. We know you kids love your hoodies, right?," A gesture to Jenny has her swiping a new image up onto the big screen for everyone to take in.










  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Specialist's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Surface of the Sun

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Astral Black, The Nova
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5


    Nikita watches silently as Ezra and Szuper start to rapidly gorge themselves on the remainder of the takeout, his expression somewhere between concern and mild derision. He turns his attention back to his own single plate, thankful that he was given more than adequate a serving for himself. Given the new atmosphere, he keeps one arm curled close to the edge of his plate almost defensively as he picks at the remainder of his meal.

    Peeking up at Mr. Worth and Jenny as it seems something important is about to be revealed, his eyes dart next to the flatscreen TV as it flicks on. He can’t help but to be somewhat intrigued at the mention of a team name! In all honesty he can’t think of something that could fully encapsulate the strange little group they have, but he trusts that the whole team of researchers and marketing can figure something out that suits well enough.

    RANGE RIDERS.

    Nikita’s brows twitch inwards, almost furrowing for just a moment. It definitely sounds like the name of a TV show or similar, but it doesn’t necessarily strike an immediate chord with him. Though he isn’t a local, so maybe that has something to do with it. He doesn't hate it either, and it's not like he's about to argue anyway, he's still just happy to be along for the ride. The more he thinks about it however, the more he realizes his general fashion trends actually could probably be adapted to ‘Western’ without too much difficulty, just a little more gothic western. He isn’t prepared to start calling villains ‘varmints’ though, that is a step too far.

    Nikita eases a bit as Mr. Worth seems to confirm that individuality is acceptable as far as costumes go, willing to compromise on a badge and colour scheme, given that the colour scheme isn’t too garish. That waits to be seen. He was happy to accept the name they gave him, as he had been ill prepared to come up with something himself. 'Astral Black' still sounds too cool for him, in Nikita's mind, but if they think it fits he'll have to own it! However, when attention turns to Ezra, Nikita glances at his friend in surprise. It’s true that Ezra doesn’t have a hero identity, though Nikita isn’t sure the other boy is going to be willing to accept one either, and Nikita is almost afraid to think what Mr. Worth and his people have come up with for his stubborn companion.

    Whatever Kita might have imagined, it is nothing in comparison with the real thing. When the fuzzy-eared hoodie pops up on the big screen, Naya’s mouth literally drops open in shock. He’s filled with a rush of anxious excitement, simultaneously overwhelmed with how adorable the garment is, and overly aware that Ezra will absolutely hate it. A selfish part of him wants to insist that Ezra go through with it, if only so that Nikita can steal it later.

    “...It’s so cute...” Nikita breathes before he can stop himself, knowing this will be taken by Adam and Jenny as his approval at least and possibly use that against Ezra. Nikita quickly covers his mouth and remembers to close it finally, staring at Ezra in a mixture of horror and anticipation.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Ezra, The Delinquent
    Conditions:
    Potential: /5

    Ezra folds his arms over his chest once the gorging stops, the feeling of being too full hard to work through as everything settles and the want for a nap builds. He doesn't weigh in on the name or the themes shown on the television, both because of his food coma and because he trusts his team to moderate the more inane and aspects of spectacle Mr. Worth seems to enjoy so much. He was thankful that they weren't all as theatric as their "boss".

    When his name is called however he has enough energy to throw a scowl at Adam's way, eyes narrowing. It's all so much so fast, a mix of horror and rage and disgust ripple across his features as he struggles to stand to his feet. "You think this is some kind of joke?" he manages to get, teeth clenched. He gives a particularly withering look to Nikita's "cute", not even his traveling companion safe from the mounting storm cloud of fury taking hold. "No way. Get bent."

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Spartan
    Conditions: none
    Potential: 0/5


    As the eating contest between the two resident hotheads breaks out, Jayden leans over towards Akemi with a smile and says "I put twenty on Zuper winning."

    His focus shifts to their Producer as the man starts speaking, but he keeps the contest in his peripherals to see who wins. As the team name is put forward, he can't help but feel a little unimpressed. All things considered, the name makes sense, and the reasons Worth gave were also completely valid, but the name just didn't click with him.

    What he does find himself wholeheartedly agreeing to was the idea of introducing a little uniformity to the team, through either paint jobs or a badge on their outfits. They were a team now, so it makes sense that they should make an attempt to look the part.

    Then comes the reveal of the suggested name and outfit for Ezra, and Jayden finds himself doubled over in laughter, and barely managing to get a hand up to muffle the sound, while he tries to regain composure. By the time he's stopped laughing, Ezra has already given his scathing response to the suggestion, and Jayden's pretty sure is laughter was answer enough on his part.

    "Questionable costume choices aside, I can't help but feel that maybe we should be the ones choosing our team name? I can't help but feel that a name would sync better if it was something we came by organically, you know? Something that is undeniably us. Cause, no offense, the Stampede City Range Riders sound like a sports team, and while I'm normally all about that; I didn't join this team to play football," Jayden says. Never minding the fact that the closest he'd ever come to playing a team sport in his life, was when the show had them participate in team based competitions.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Dynast
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Danger: +1
    • Freak: +0
    • Savior: +1
    • Superior: +2
    • Mundane: +1

    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Been reading the files

    You've learned about the superhero world through your mentor's resources. When you first encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll +Superior. On a hit, tell the team one important detail you've learned from your studies. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what you remember. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the situation is well outside your base of knowledge, the GM will tell you why.

    Fireside chat

    When you seek advice from your mentor, roll + the label they embody. On a hit, they will tell you what to do. On a 10+ mark potential if you follow their advice, and take a +1 forward on going to follow through. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through if you do it their way. On a miss, they don't have time for you because something big has gone down; Mark a condition, GM's choice.

    Be mindful of your surroundings

    When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss.


    Akemi glances to Jayden, then up at Szuper, then back to Jayden with a smirk of her own. "No bet, that's a fools wager."

    She folds her hands ahead of her as Worth goes through his presentation, propping her chin on her hands as she does. She raises an eyebrow at the name reveal, then has to fight back a snicker at Ezra's costume reveal. His reaction to it pulls a full on laugh. As she composes herself and the others say their pieces, she grins at Ezra again, "I don't know, the costume's growing on me. Maybe we should all have one like that, then Ezra wouldn't feel so singled out."

    Not waiting for Ezra's inevitable death glare, she turns her attention back to Worth, "But I think Jayden's got a point on the team name. Without wanting to steal your thunder, how set in stone is all this?"



    GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

    Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show


    Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Hans Free's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    No thanks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Šuperconductor
    Conditions: None, for now...
    Potential: 0/5
    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Freak: +1
    • Danger: +2
    • Savior: -1
    • Superior: +1
    • Mundane: 0
    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    • [X]Thick and thin skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers.
    • [X]There when it matters: When you defend someone, on a hit you can hold 1 instead of choosing one from the list. Spend your hold when they are in danger later to arrive on the scene ready to help.
    • [X]The Bull's Heart: You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your Love Ezra or frustrates your Rival Nikita.
    • [X]Enabler: When you provoke your love or rival, roll + Danger if you are trying to provoke them to rash or poorly thought out action.

    Šuperconductor looks up from particularly menacing crab rangoon to see the furry hoody. She tries to bite her lip as a smile breaks across her face. She can't hold it anymore and actually spits a bunch of food out.

    "Pfffttttt--Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!! That's hilarious." She coughs and laughs at the prospect of her teammate wearing such a thing and calling himself 'the White Wolf.' Although seeing how rapidly upset Ezra is becoming, Szuper quickly composes herself -- not an easy task after consuming such an amount of food, so she's "quick" to nudge at Ezra. She gaffaws at Nikita's comment a little bit. It's not cute. I'm cute. And Ezra is cute. The team is cute. But that thing...

    "That thing is uglier than sin itself. Clearly it's a joke, Ezra; don't get so worked up. Y'know, just 'cause he wins that way, 'kay?" She looks up to Adam Worth. "Anyway, Adam, I don't really care what we're called -- though I'm pretty sure I've already got dibs on 'The Szuper Friends'. And besides..." She stands up, puts her hands on her side.

    "Nobody tells me what to do. Or what to wear. Or what to call myself. We're on reality TV. So what's the point in pretending we're something we're not? Won't that just make people think we're fake and not like us anymore and lose you ratings? And what's the point in forcing Ezra to take on a stupid identity? Isn't it, like, a lot more dramatic if anyone can just find him on the street and like... punch him right in the face?" She sighs, suddenly thinking of fonder times, of hitting challengers and criminals. Of the night before.

    "I'm just saying we're all here for a reason, and that's because we were better than every other person who entered the competition. It wasn't because you chose us, kay? So, maybe you should settle down, and not get a big head about names, or costume designs or picking identities, because we're Canada's team, and Calgary loves us just the way we are and... and... Oh, god. Why did I eat so much?" She shakes her head.

    "Nope... Nope... Why did I drink so much!? I--" She clutching her mouth, turning greenish and confirming Akemi's suspicions. As Chinese containers start falling from orbit, Šuperconductor sprints off to the bathroom, panic in her eyes.
    Last edited by Hans Free; 2019-08-31 at 06:23 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Stampede City
    July 11th, 2019, 6:38pm MDT
    Team Quarters

    TEAM: 3

    Bolting into the bathroom, Šuper’s panel loses some of its colour saturation as she goes off-camera and the subsequent panels refocus on the rest of the team.

    Even the less than enthusiastic responses from the team seem insufficient to blunt the, well, frankly tiring enthusiasm from Worth.

    "All right, all right, I can see the whole White Wolf thing isn’t a hit for the most part," he adds with a quick grin flashed at Nikita. Who shouldn’t be worried so much about Worth’s impression of his words as he should be about the various cameras and microphones that had recorded it, frankly. "Not to worry, it was just a suggestion that was trending well, but if you're that opposed to it," he adds wryly, his tone suggesting that someone was perhaps being a little overdramatic.

    "And it's not about a secret identity to keep anyone safe, we know none of you require anything like that," Worth goes on dismissively. "It's more about branding, an identity, a...a theme, if you will. Something that looks good for the merchandising!" he adds brightly, getting down to his true motivation, most likely. "Don't worry, White Wolf – gone. We'll work up something that plays to your strengths," he tells Ezra cheerfully.

    "Range Riders, though...I'm afraid you guys are kind of stuck with that," he goes on apologetically, sounding very sorry/not sorry. "Look, I understand you kids want to put your stamp on things, and you are, you will! This show is all about you, and the crazy antics you get up to, but that doesn't mean we're going to run it like a YouTube channel you guys are streaming iut of someone's basement." He seems to be in full-blown Adult Mode now.

    "It tests well, it ties in to the local culture – heck, it's even alliterative," Worth enthuses. "And yes, it does sound a bit like a sports franchise – but, frankly, you guys sort of are one, in a way. Trust, this will all be good." He flashes his capped white smile about the table covered with the remains of dinner.

    "Look, serious talk time. You're right, you guys are the best – you're amazing, you're superheroes, you don't have to worry about the little stuff. You get to show people you're special, you're stars, and they get to look up to you!" He grins. "Stick with me, kiddos, and you won’t even recognize the nobodies you used to be."

    Snapping his fingers, he turns and spears a finger straight at Nikita. "Speaking of, next run on the ladder to fame. Astral Black has an exclusive interview with Ted and Leah on Breakfast Television, filming the day after tomorrow," he beams, naming a highly watched local morning talk show. "You get half the episode, so get your witty quips ready!"



    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Adam Worth is exerting his Influence over everyone in the room, telling you you are no longer ordinary but are special and unusual! If you accept his telling of how the world works, shift Freak up and Mundane down. If you don't agree, roll to reject his Influence.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Specialist's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Surface of the Sun

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Astral Black, The Nova
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5


    Nikita crumples beneath the withering glare of Ezra, his face growing hot and pink with embarrassment and guilt for his traitorous feelings. Damn his lack of composure!! The feelings are only intensified when Szuper laughs at him and declares the thing ‘uglier than sin itself’, trying to comfort Ezra as well. The sorcerer begins to sink discreetly as if trying to meld with his chair or become invisible somehow. Too bad he hasn’t figured out how to do either of those kinds of spells yet...! And trying to teleport out of the room isn’t worth the risk, or furthered embarrassment of outright fleeing.

    He tries to tune out Szuper’s voice, because the more she defends Ezra, the angrier it makes him, and he can’t explain why. It really doesn’t make sense! He’s just managed to slip into a haze of his own thoughts and imagination when Adam Worth points a finger directly at him.

    Appearing much like a deer in headlights, Nikita freezes at first, and then awkwardly and quickly shuffles himself back up to sit straight again so he doesn’t look like an utter goblin. Of course, this movement is quick lived as the next words out of Mr. Worth’s mouth cause him to freeze again in newfound terror. Interview? Exclusive? As in... just him?? He can already feel his heartrate rapidly picking up speed.

    “U-U-Um.... j-just me?” He asks all the same, having a full understanding of the word ‘exclusive’. Oh no, he’s gone full stammer mode just thinking about it. There is no way this interview won’t be a disaster. “R.. Really? They didn’t.. d-didn’t want someone else...?” His voice has gone rather quiet.

    They really aren’t just like any other kids, are they? While he’s never felt normal, it’s been hard to really wrap his head around the idea of being famous! Is this what it’s like, being a superhero? Maybe he’d just got comfortable with the crew he knew, over time, and forgotten how scary it had been in the beginning. Maybe some part of him really expected to lose in the competition, and then it’d be over. But it’s not, is it. He’s going to have to get used to talking to strangers, famous strangers, in solo interviews, with lots of cameras. And he’s going to have to get used to people talking about him on the internet. And caring about what he thinks! And listening to what he has to say! Will his words have weight? He's never said anything worthwhile in his entire life, has he??

    Oh lord what have I done??

    It’s lucky Nikita is naturally so pale, or people might worry about how ghostly his complexion is becoming as the previous blush drains away entirely. Witty quips be damned, they’ll all be lucky if Nikita doesn’t just lock up entirely!

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Accepting Adam's Influence... Nikita is realizing things will never be 'normal' again! Shifting labels!
    Last edited by The_Specialist; 2019-09-04 at 02:29 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Dynast
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Danger: +1
    • Freak: +0
    • Savior: +1
    • Superior: +2
    • Mundane: +1

    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Been reading the files

    You've learned about the superhero world through your mentor's resources. When you first encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll +Superior. On a hit, tell the team one important detail you've learned from your studies. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what you remember. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the situation is well outside your base of knowledge, the GM will tell you why.

    Fireside chat

    When you seek advice from your mentor, roll + the label they embody. On a hit, they will tell you what to do. On a 10+ mark potential if you follow their advice, and take a +1 forward on going to follow through. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through if you do it their way. On a miss, they don't have time for you because something big has gone down; Mark a condition, GM's choice.

    Be mindful of your surroundings

    When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss.


    Akemi shrugs as Worth insists on the name, leaning back in her chair, "I mean... I guess there are worse names. We can roll with it for a while, I'm sure." She looks to the others around the table, "Even if we change it later, it's not like we'd be the first team to do so."

    She looks a bit surprised at the mention of Nikita being put on to a show on his own. Leaning forward again, she gave him a concerned look, then back to Worth. "... Is he going to be in the studio on his own, too..? I think Ezra ought to go with him, even if he doesn't go on set."



    GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

    Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show


    Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Ezra, The Delinquent
    Conditions:
    Potential: /5

    Ezra snorts loudly at the mention of them being "stars" though the reveal of Nikita's TV appearance and Dynast's suggestion derails any further rant. For the moment at least. He points to Dynast, giving a nod. "Yeah, gotta say I agree someone should go with her. I'd normally volunteer but I think maybe it'd be best of Dynast was the one. She's smarter than any of the rest of us and when Nikita and I get into situations with talking...it generally becomes a situation with explosions and fighting." He glances over to Nikita, offering a shrug. No doubt he'd be welcome by Nikita at least but PR disasters were the last thing they all needed.

    "Besides" he continues, the aforementioned rant slowly rolling into gear. "Being a hero means not being a star. Doing the right thing shouldn't need a reward. All the lights've made you lose sight of that Mr. Worth. The other reason I don't think I should go...is I think you should be there to help. This is your baby after all. With the two of you, I feel confident enough not being there for moral support."

    Spoiler: Reject
    Show
    Rolled to reject in the channel, got a hit. Going to clear Adam's Influence on me and take +1 forward

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •