New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer?!?!?

Hey y'all I've got some startling ****ing news. One of the best series I've ever read, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, a short but beloved series that ended in 2010... just announced it is getting an anime.

Tweet for info, all in Japanese.

The premise is simple; Yuuhi is a disaffected highschooler with no real plans in life. He lives a normal, but dull, existence. One day he wakes up to find a lizard on his bed; it declares him the lizard knight, one of the chosen to save the world, and that he must protect Princess Samidare, a spunky girl with a brutally strong kick. Their enemy is The Mage, a being of immense power who has created the Biscuit Hammer, a massive mallet that floats in space, invisible to all but those magically inclined. It is so named because, should Princess Samidare die, he will swing the hammer and shatter the world like a biscuit.

Saving the world is all well and good, but Samidare lets Yuuhi know that she has a special reason for why she's doing this. Namely; this is HER planet. And she's going to destroy it with her own two hands. Yuuhi is intrigued, and pledges eternally loyalty. Together, the two will save the world- and then, with her bare fists, Samidare will shatter the world. But it may be a touch more complicated than that...

To put it bluntly; I'm so ****ing hyped I can't sleep. Y'all better watch this, or at the very least read the manga. If this goes well, what with Planet With's minor success, we may get a Spirit Circle anime as well, and I'll have some of my favorite pieces of obscure writing animated and easy to access. So get to it! Watch it! When it comes out anyway! Get hype! Protect the world so you may destroy it!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2022-01-24 at 02:26 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer?!?!?

YEEEEEAAAAAA

This is like my #2 favorite manga, and Spirit Circle is #1, so please be assured someone knows exactly what you're on about.

I always promised myself I'd read the manga after learning Japanese, but never much found the time. Now I can just cheat and catch the anime.
    Last edited by Claudius Maximus; 2022-01-24 at 04:18 AM.
    Editor and playtester for Legend.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

This was not news I expected today. Good news, as I have fond memories about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    YEEEEEAAAAAA

This is like my #2 favorite manga, and Spirit Circle is #1, so please be assured someone knows exactly what you're on about.

I always promised myself I'd read the manga after learning Japanese, but never much found the time. Now I can just cheat and catch the anime.
    Hell yeah!

I'd like to express a very special thanks to Planet With, for being just shy of popular enough to probably encourage SOMEONE to be like "okay yeah we can do a Samidare anime".

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    This was not news I expected today. Good news, as I have fond memories about it.
    The person who broke the news of this explicitly said that "Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer is a series that those who have read it remember it fondly, but has otherwise gone under the radar, and that it is probably one of the most near-perfect executions of its genre" and I'm glad to see this is all holding out to be true.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Hard to believe that this is happening, but there've been a few cases of long-finished manga/LNs getting adaptations lately (including reboots). Some with surprisingly large budgets, too. So I'm hopeful how this turns out.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2022-01-25 at 07:38 AM.