The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 250
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Jason takes a seat. Although he does not seem the type who would be comfortable in such opulent settings, he does appear to at least be used to it, as if it was something he's done before. "Thank you for seeing us. Sorry to have bothered you during such a busy time. But we only just arrived here in Haligoth, and I figured you'd be easier to reach than Lady Attebrooke. Speaking of which, is she in town, do you know?"

    He continues, "In any case, after our encounter in Caergoth, Darrik and I, along with Grayshore and Valorean, continued on to deliver our cargo to Garnet, and meet up with our other companion, Sorawyl here. As Grayshore said, Darrik was called away for a mission from his god, Habbakuk, so the rest of us made our way to Restglen, had a very strange encounter with the mayor, and then hopped on a boat to here. We ran into Eren on the way to the Arms, and he decided to join us as he, too, is looking for work. And that is why we are here--well, other than to visit you and Lady Attebrooke, of course--to find work. You both did say Qwermish was a perfect place for people like us, with unique skills who want to help. We hoped either you or Lady Attebrooke might be able to give us a lead or two."

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    I think I like this mage. It's not so often you meet a wizard with a sense of humour, so I can't help but giggle at her jokes. "I pleasure to meet you, my lady. As they say, I am Sorawyl Kassonor, adventurer, wizard, problem solver, et cetera. A shame that I could not meet you sooner, but I was unavoidably detained in Palanthas while Jason and Darrik were on their excursion to Caergoth..."
    Chibi Sora by zheida!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.
    Spoiler: PbP
    Show

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Eren looked around the inn, admiring the decor, before sitting down. He didn't wait for long before he took his book out and started reading.

    "Erendriel Half-Elven, at your service. At least I'd hope so", Eren says, giving lady Westfield a small bow as he stood up. "I happened to run into your friends, and heard there might be some work available... I'm a scholar of history, but I do have some skill in magic, which I imagine will be more useful to your cause." At least, going by how heavily the traveler's were armed, Eren guessed the work didn't involve much studying, but the book had spoken, and they seemed interesting bunch besides. And he hadn't come all this expecting or even hoping to just sit in a library reading.
    Last edited by Majin; 2019-07-04 at 01:26 PM.
    Spoiler: Older avatar
    Show


    Darrik Proudfoot, Kender ranger by Gorgon_Heap

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    q785921's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    At her invitation of tea, Valorean settled into one of her heavily cushioned chairs chairs. So nice to visit someone who enjoyed the finer comforts.

    “We surely thank you for the invitation,” he said. “And thank you for your help during our last encounter. We’ve come a long way since then. I trust you are well?”
    Avatar by linklele

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gorgon_Heap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Christmas City, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Haligoth/Haligoth Arms



    Aimie sits and does her level best to make conversation with everyone. “You replaced a Kender with a chronicler? I guess I can still get some good stories, then, though maybe not as thrilling! A historian for the Conclave, eh? I’d heard of your group but never had the pleasure. Maybe you’ll allow me to pick your brain sometime?”

    “You do look uncomfortable, Grayshore. Would you like some wine, maybe? Or put your feet up. Go ahead – it’s not our table, after all.”

    “Palanthas! I’ve never seen it myself. Oh, paint a picture for me. I can’t make up my mind whether I find it amazing and lavish or shallow and decadent.”

    “Oh, I’m doing very well, thanks. I may be a stranger here, but many people have need of magic, so work is plentiful. … And on that note, I have no idea if Francesca is in the city. She lives at Castle Kelpenhelm – that’s the king’s castle in the city – and you can leave word for her there, though she’s always going about her important duties. It’s tedious, but she seems to like it for some reason. Not for me, thank you. The tedium of being dutiful … At any rate, you say you’re looking for work. I’ve hardly uncovered all the kingdom’s secrets in just a few months, but you should definitely start at the central market. It's a good place for rumors, as are taverns. And there’s a work board there just for your sort. Qwermish has even got its own adventurer’s guild, though I don’t know the details.”

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    "How do you like this inn? Is it worth it to get rooms here? The guy at the front desk was pretty snooty," Jason asks.
    Last edited by JadedDM; 2019-07-07 at 04:13 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    To Jason, I suggest that "we might be better served by a slightly more affordable inn. I doubt the doorman is the only person here with that sort of attitude." Really I'm saying this for the benefit of our newer companions. Perhaps they wouldn't realise that I can tolerate modest lodgings at least for a while. As long as I have my own room.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgon_Heap View Post
    “Palanthas! I’ve never seen it myself. Oh, paint a picture for me. I can’t make up my mind whether I find it amazing and lavish or shallow and decadent.”
    My take on this is that it can be both, at different times. "It is such a large city, after all, with so many people." I try to 'paint a picture', explaining the city from my perspective, praising its order, diversity and openness; "one can find very nearly anything one might want there." Not that it would do to stay within the walls every day of one's life.
    Chibi Sora by zheida!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.
    Spoiler: PbP
    Show

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    "I'm not actually affiliated with the Conclave, or any other organisation at the moment. Just your everyday independent, adventuring historian. Not sure if there's much to pick with my brain really, it's just filled with old, boring stories"Eren says, smirking a little.

    "Well, I'm already staying somewhere. It's not as nice as this one, but there's roof and beds at least."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Eren would have sought out a Modest inn, somewhere he could have his own room and a desk.
    Last edited by Majin; 2019-07-07 at 02:40 PM.
    Spoiler: Older avatar
    Show


    Darrik Proudfoot, Kender ranger by Gorgon_Heap

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    To Jason, I suggest that "we might be better served by a slightly more affordable inn. I doubt the doorman is the only person here with that sort of attitude."
    "Fair point," Jason concedes. He could probably personally afford to stay here, but if the 'welcoming' from the front desk was any indication, he wouldn't want to. And it's probably better if the group stays close together anyway.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    q785921's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    “We would love to stay here!” Valorean blurted, then -seeing his companion’s faces-quickly added. “But I think it best we seek more modest means.” He gently caressed the plush chair. A modest inn would be more affordable to be sure, he thought glumly.
    Avatar by linklele

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gorgon_Heap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Christmas City, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Haligoth Arms


    Aimie takes a sip of wine and says pointedly to Sorawyl, "But you're here. So what didn't you find?"


    To Eren; "Don't discount yourself. One could say old boring stories saved my life. What sort of adventure are you seeking now, that bring you to South Shore?"


    At Valorean's uncomfortable self-correction, Aimie laughs full throated and quickly puts down the wine before spilling any on her dress. "You only live once (usually). Make some money and enjoy some luxury. You're not the first draconian I've seen in the city; I think you'll find you don't stand out so much as you did back west. Don't let people bother you about staying here if that's what your preference. I don't know if there are rooms available, but appearance matter more than race or status here; wealthy merchants, nobles, and diplomats stay here, so employ a good tailor and nobody will second-guess you." The last comment was delivered with feline satisfaction.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgon_Heap View Post
    To Eren; "Don't discount yourself. One could say old boring stories saved my life. What sort of adventure are you seeking now, that bring you to South Shore?"
    "Now that doesn't sound like a boring story." Hearing her question, Eren becomes a little more animated. "Ah, now that's a good question! South Shore has a very rich and interesting history, but it's been neglected far too long by scholars, who just prefer to leaf through old tomes, instead of going out and learning. Well, the oldest tomes went with Astinus, and the history isn't going to write itself!"

    "South Shore's history is rich because of the centuries of conflict, but it's also lead to lack of organization among the scholars here. A great library would be a good starting place, but I have to do with chasing rumors for now. I just know there's something here, hidden. And I will be the one find it..." His hand moves to clutch the book hanging from his waist, his voice growing quieter, more contemplative. He finally sighs. "I've been on the road for a while now, and maybe I should try to stop searching, and see what happens. Have faith that Gilean will guide me."

    "So, if you know the directions to an ancient tomb of a long-dead king... I'm all pointed ears." Eren says to Aimie and smiles wryly.
    Spoiler: Older avatar
    Show


    Darrik Proudfoot, Kender ranger by Gorgon_Heap

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    "I don't know about king's tombs, but I did have a conversation on the boat ride here with a local who said something about some ruins not far from here...Gwan, I think she called it. Dated back to before the Cataclysm," Jason offers to Eren. "Not sure if that's something you'd be interested in."

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgon_Heap View Post
    Aimie takes a sip of wine and says pointedly to Sorawyl, "But you're here. So what didn't you find?"
    I give a small shrug. "I was curious to see more of the world. I feel that it is not good to spend too long in one place, regardless of where that place is."

    Regarding exploring ancient ruins: "that was profitable enough the last time, but I would remind you that we did almost die. Perhaps we should check the work board at the market first, in case there is anything less risky on offer...?"
    Chibi Sora by zheida!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.
    Spoiler: PbP
    Show

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gorgon_Heap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Christmas City, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    "I don't know anything about musty old tombs, but it sounds like you know more about this country than I do already. If there's anything else I can help with, please don't hesitate. Oh, and let me know where you're staying so I can invite you to a proper dinner."

    She hands you a small brass cylinder of ornate design; a canister for delivering letters. You swear she didn't have it a moment ago.
    Last edited by Gorgon_Heap; 2019-07-10 at 12:44 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    q785921's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgon_Heap View Post
    [COLOR="#008000"]"You only live once (usually). Make some money and enjoy some luxury. You're not the first draconian I've seen in the city; I think you'll find you don't stand out so much as you did back west. Don't let people bother you about staying here if that's what your preference. I don't know if there are rooms available, but appearance matter more than race or status here; wealthy merchants, nobles, and diplomats stay here, so employ a good tailor and nobody will second-guess you."
    "Indeed? I would be curious to meet others of my kind. I haven't actually talked with another of my kind since I left my birthplace."

    He nodded at the Sora. "I agree. Ruins sound interesting"--and dirty--"but I'd like to look for an opportunity to make a difference in people's lives. In the meantime, thank you for your hospitality. I look forward to enjoying more of your company once our lodging is settled."

    Standing, he took the small cylinder that appeared in her hand.
    Avatar by linklele

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    "I don't know about king's tombs, but I did have a conversation on the boat ride here with a local who said something about some ruins not far from here...Gwan, I think she called it. Dated back to before the Cataclysm," Jason offers to Eren. "Not sure if that's something you'd be interested in."
    "Gwan... Thank you master Barker, I'll have to make a note of it. It does sound interesting..."

    Then, hearing the reluctance of others, Eren adds. "...but I'm sure it can wait. I hardly think the ruins will be going anywhere." Eren also mentions the name of the inn that at least he is currently staying at.
    Spoiler: Older avatar
    Show


    Darrik Proudfoot, Kender ranger by Gorgon_Heap

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    "I'd also agree," Jason remarks. "Ruins are interesting, but I'd rather focus on helping the living right now. The ancient dead aren't going anywhere. At least...I certainly hope not." He looks at the cylinder. "What's this? You want us to send our missives to you in this?" he asks. "In any case, thank you again for taking the time to meet with us."

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gorgon_Heap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Christmas City, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    (A letter cylinder may seem a little formal, but it keeps letter safe and whole no matter the weather or danger while also clearly identifying it came from a known source - since she gave it to you.)


    Haligoth


    As you leave the Arms, some of you are interested to note a glimpse of a side room in which a well-dressed couple steps onto a platform, an ornate iron gate is closed, and the platform begins to rise, pulled by some unseen source.

    At any rate, Haligoth is a sizable port city, so finding an inn to your liking is simple. You can return to the Flounder's Founder if you like, though some of you will find it rather below your expectations (Poor; the Arms is Wealthy). Once you've found a location to your liking (either choose what you know or making something up) you head to the market.

    Some of you are outright shocked by the chaos of this place. Though you certainly recognize it as a market square, the noise and smells and overall disregard for personal space are jarring. People of various race and stripe shout in their native languages and common, selling garments, fruits, meats, and spices, tools and baubles and oddities. Chickens and goats, a horse and oxen, a towering and muscular mastiff next to a box of puppies and some sort of screeching monkey all add to war on your senses. Charlatans and jugglers and musicians perform against each other in a cacophony of clashing styles.

    You eventually find the public message board, a man-height box to keep posted notes sheltered from the sun and rain. There are rotted old bits of paper and several new-looking hand-sized clippings of vellum … all bearing writing in familiar characters but unknown language. Likely Estwilde.

    And yet with all this you somehow get the sense that something is missing...







    OOC: Perception rolls if you like...

    Also, while you figure out how to read the notes, somebody please give me three separate d20 unmodified rolls.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gorgon_Heap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Christmas City, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Haligoth/Market



    Each of you has the niggling suspicion something is missing, yet the noise and distraction make it hard to place... for a few minutes. Each of you is looking for something in particular, and that's what you suddenly realize...


    Sorawyl reaches out and whispers silvery words, the tingle of magic settling over her eyes and in her mind as she reads over the three freshest-looking notes...

    Spoiler: Sorawyl
    Show
    A group of tavern owners have placed a bounty on a well known thief.

    A monastery is being harassed by mountain tribes.

    A wealthy merchant desires something retrieved and safeguarded on a voyage from Sanction.

    You consider for a moment which you prefer and how to describe each to your fellows, and when you turn back you note a young man in a vest and shapeless felt hat standing silently and awkwardly behind Jason, his hands seemingly working without motion near your friend's changepurse. The man catches your eye, freezes, and in a blink steps away vanishing into the crowd. You instantly lose any sign of him.



    Spoiler: Valorean
    Show
    It occurs to you that a city of this size should have a significant presence from the Holy Orders, and yet aside from some small structures and shrines near the docks, you've seen no sign of any major temples.



    Spoiler: Jason
    Show
    You are on edge the moment you enter this city, and walking its loud, busy streets you wonder if maybe there's quite a lot to be said for the staid and orderly life of urban Solamnia after all. You are alert for dangers, but witness only what must be domestic issues between family members or angry arguments over the price of some knickknack. Surely nothing even the local guards should worry over ... and that's when you look around the market and realize you've only seen spear-wielding uniformed guards, wearing maroon jerkins with a red sash and belt, a few times all day, and they were all near the main businesses on major thoroughfares. You don't see a single one here in the market.



    Spoiler: Eren
    Show
    My goodness what a busy place! Bazaars such as this have long been common in Khur and other eastern nations, stretching back long before the rise of Istar. Why, they were the primary places of trade in many early cities before proper trade pacts and organized road travel were developed ... [blah blah blah]

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    "Jason, darling, you might want to check your coinpurse. I see some suspicious characters hanging around here."

    I then describe the three bills. I expect Valorean will be interested in helping the monastery, seeing as how he's been banging on about doing good works. Part of me thinks tracking down a thief might be more... intellectually stimulating... but I recognise that the group overall is probably better suited to dealing with mountain tribes. I'll lead with that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgon_Heap View Post
    A monastery is being harassed by mountain tribes.

    A group of tavern owners have placed a bounty on a well known thief.

    A wealthy merchant desires something retrieved and safeguarded on a voyage from Sanction.
    Chibi Sora by zheida!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.
    Spoiler: PbP
    Show

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Blinking a bit in confusion, Jason instinctively grasps at his coin purse at Sorawyl's warning. "You'd think after all that time around a kender, I'd be more careful. Actually, I was just noticing that there don't seem to be any guards at all in this area. You'd think the marketplace would be better watched."

    Upon being told of the three jobs, he thinks it over. "Is there a way we can get more information on any of them? I'm curious as to what kind of monastery this is, what the object from Sanction is, or why tavernmasters specifically are after this thief."

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    q785921's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Sora's warning brought Valorean's attention back to his companions. The back of his mind still pricked with idea that there were no major temples in the city. It could simply be that this area didn't have enough followers of a particular god to support a large temple, though that also seemed unlikely.

    Nonetheless, for now, he turned his eyes to the crowd, and seeing no one, he glanced back at the board.

    "Naturally, I am curious about the monestary's plight; however, I believe we could start with the tavern owner's thief. If he is dangerous enough to warrant a bounty, he may be a threat to others as well."
    Avatar by linklele

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    The place seemed interesting, and it was refreshing to finally see the place he'd only visited in books. The market was much livelier than in Palanthas, at the very least. Might be fun to browse it later, though Eren would likely have to prepare to be scrounged. The street merchants always seemed to be able talk him into paying too much or getting him to buy some 'authentic relics'.

    "Well, the thief should have stolen something valuable to warrant a bounty. I'd just feel ridiculous chasing after a poor kid who stole a loaf of bread..." Eren comments, scratching his beard. "But it might be a good chance to make some contacts and friends in the city."
    Spoiler: Older avatar
    Show


    Darrik Proudfoot, Kender ranger by Gorgon_Heap

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    They pay should be decent, too, if we're working for a mercantile guild... "Shall we look into this job for the Taverners, then?" I copy down the details on the bill onto a piece of parchment.

    "Before we present ourselves to prospective employers, perhaps we should get set up with some lodgings and tidy ourselves up? I suggest we meet up again in a couple of hours, by the place noted on this bill.

    Where did you say you were staying, Erendriel?"
    I'll take a room there, if one is available.
    Chibi Sora by zheida!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.
    Spoiler: PbP
    Show

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    "Yes, first impressions are important, of course", Eren responds, nodding. He tells the name of the inn, and leads the way there.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    To a modest inn
    Last edited by Majin; 2019-07-14 at 01:52 PM.
    Spoiler: Older avatar
    Show


    Darrik Proudfoot, Kender ranger by Gorgon_Heap

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground
     
    JadedDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Jason looks at Sorawyl quizzically, then lifts his arm and takes a little sniff at the pit. He jerks his head back suddenly, making a face. "Hmm, perhaps that is a good idea," he agrees and follows after Eren.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    q785921's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    A small grimace crosses the draconian’s face as Jason sniffed his armpit. Valorean had assumed the would stay in the same inn as Aimee, then he thought they would head to Eren’s inn rather than traipse around the market smelling of three days of ship travel.

    Nonetheless, they appeared to be heading toward a nice bath (he hoped) and a good rest.
    Avatar by linklele

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gorgon_Heap's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Christmas City, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Haligoth


    You find yourselves a modest inn in short order (make up a name) that seems to cater more to out-of-towners than others (at least the staff speaks heavily-accented Common and doesn't outright scowl or tell you to get lost if you speak Solamnic). You take some time to get the cramps out and the stink off, and ponder the unexpected strangeness of this place.

    Two hundred miles might as well be two thousand, it seems. Solamnia is fairly homogenous and has been enjoying increased trade and plenty for years. Garnet is a dwarf city, true, but has long been allied with Solamnia and is its single greatest trade partner. Sorawyl was comfortable enough in far-off Nordmaar, as it's a Solamnic ally with heavy western influences. But here, much closer, is a far more rugged land that seems to have intentionally set itself culturally apart from what you're familiar with.

    Hours later you gather at a building, the second floor of which is home to the Sunset Guild - whatever that is. Inside a fairly empty (of people) office you are greeted by a single surprised, middle-aged man. He frowns at the odd group of you but welcomes you in Common. "Good day, strangers. I am Vletlic, secretary of the Sunset Guild. You are here for a work, da? Which work, and why do I hire you?"




    OOC: Remember everything is Slavic, so his name is pronounced VLET-leech.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    q785921's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

    Clean and dry, clean and dry. Was off the the dirt and be clean and dry Valorean thought to himself after they had taken some much needed down time. As they dealt with more (surly) locals, he was slowly beginning to realize how different Haligoth was. He admitted that, as a cleric of Mishakal, he had gotten used to expecting a certain base level of respect that was not afforded him here. A challenge put forward by his goddess, he was sure.

    He spent the walk to their perspective employer attempting to take note of any cultural or religious cues he might use to help integrate himself and introduce his goddess.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Valorean is going to leave opening negotiations to Sora or Jason but I would like to make a religion and insight check to see if he notices and particular cultural habits or religious iconography that would be a clue for the part alter some of their behaviors (like they find handshaking offensive or the color orange has some significance)

    Insight (1d20+4)[17]
    Religion (1d20+2)[18]
    Avatar by linklele

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •