New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Ansalonian Adventures IC III

Achuak

With a throaty growl (and to those that knows draconic, it's a curse about softskins being softheaded spoken in Lizardfolk dialect), Achuak moves backwards and away from the others and the Giant that the lot seem to be dumb enough to begin attacking, so for now, distance and not showing hostility to either side might be the best idea.
    Spoiler: Other Info
    Show

If needed, will move a full 60ft away in 'that direction'... basically whatever direction is NOT into the middle of thick woods-area, and is in a direction that is away from as many people as possible, as well as that giant.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

I roll my eyes internally. These civilians are thinking to attack the dwarf and the lizard-thing? The racket would surely wake up the giant, and then we'd all be done for. I'll whisper the gist of what I'm hearing to Jason and Eren.

I suppose I need to stop this mob before they murder someone. We'll need every hand on deck to deal with the giant, after all. I just hope they're willing to listen to Common. I address them loudly enough to attract at least some attention, but definitely not so loud as to awake anyone who might be sleeping. "Excuse me, fellow travellers... my Estwilde is poor, but did I hear one of you say something about setting the giant on fire? It is said that giants are extremely strong, so it seems to me that you might only succeed in making it angry if you did something like that. And even if you did frighten the monster off, you would surely destroy the shelter in the process. This dwarf, on the other hand, looks like quite a warrior. Would it not be better to join with him and launch a co-ordinated strike against the giant while it still sleeping?"
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm not sure the giant is actually a threat," Jason muses. "Why would it choose to sleep in a rest area frequented by humans? Surely it would know that's dangerous. I half-wonder if we should just wake it and ask what it wants..."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Qwermish/Endday Road Rest stop

Their weapons ready but not so threatening, the people turn toward you three with dark eyes and harsh, hushed tones now mostly in Common.

"You vant us to do nothing?"

"You are vorking viss zem!"

"Prove the dwarf is not an enemy like this fancy lady says and tell him to attack the giant!"

"Yes. Kill it while it sleeps. But what of the bakali? Is it an agent against us? It should attack as well!"

OOC: Insight? Anybody… anybody?

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Jason points the direction they came and says to the people, "Withdraw a safe distance away. We'll deal with the giant, one way or the other, and when we do, you all do not want to be too close, just in case things go south."

If the giant was violent and a fight was the only way to resolve this, he didn't want these people getting swept up in it. And if the giant was peaceful, these people were only going to make things harder with how jumpy they were.
    Last edited by JadedDM; 2019-10-15 at 04:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

To be honest, I would have preferred it if the mob was closer to the giant than I was, but I suppose Jason would have a problem with that.

"Are you with ready then, dwarf? And you, lizard-man? We will move this giant on, by force if necessary. Any assistance you can render will be greatly appreciated. Especially if one of you speaks Giant."

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

With a deep sigh, Morhar exhibits defeat with an admittance.

"I do...I do speak tha words of the giants. I dinnae t'ink it a wise idea, tho. Last man I saw parlay with one got thrown off the mountain for the audacity."

Surveying the situation and looking down to the slumbering brute, he gathers himself and raises his maul. "NEVER. AGAIN. If we're aboot to wake this t'ing up, we're doing it tha ol' fashioned way!"

Feelings of hate and anger rise to the surface as Morhar's eyes turn white as he summons his strength to smite the monster in front of him, images of his brother-in-arms screaming in terror as his voice echoed through the mountain canyon.

Absolutely uncaring to the consequences now, refusing the alternative route of diplomacy, Morhar puts all of his might into his downward swing.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: Use 'Rage' and 'Reckless Attack'))

Attack: (1d20)[4]+7 or (1d20)[4]+7 (advantage roll)
    Damage (if applicable): (2d6)[10]+5
    Last edited by MechaKingGhidra; 2019-10-16 at 05:07 PM.

Avatars courtesy of Qwernt (Nagahydra) and jamroar (Ice Devil).

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

"Whoa, hey, what are you doing?" Jason demands of the dwarf. "We're using violence as a last resort, not a first!"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Achuak

Standing at a farther distance by now (both to avoid being a natural target by that giant, as well as to be less of an ideal mob-target by those softskin folk that seemed to be angry with him), the Jarak-Sinn almost bristled with distaste at how the softskins seemed to deal with sleeping, very large creatures that can easily be, well, walked around.

"Is it just short, stocky smoothskins that attack sleeping giants, or are all smoothskins, nomatter their size just as stupid?" The Jarak-Sinn uttered in that very foreign way of speaking the common tongue, just as highly influenced by his own culture and the fact that Draconic was his familial tongue, not the Common speech of the softskin lands.
    "We do not think it a good idea to attack a sleeping giant smoothskin-dwarf..." The reptilian humanoid uttered loud enough for at least the Dwarf to be able to hear, even with Achuak being a good 30 feet away, but not yelling it so as to make even MORE noise near that Giant.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Breathing heavily and ignoring hushed warning, the dwarf stamps forward and stands right before the snoring giant's filthy nose. Willing some inborn fury to strengthen his limbs, he draws back his great mallet and brings it down with incredible effort. With a meaty, crunching thump, the weapon's heavy head smacks into the giant's skull, loudly shattering something and sending a single jet of blood into the air from a crushed artery.

The hill giant gasps in agony and flails, knocking the dwarf flying, and jolts upright, cracking his already damaged brainpan on the shelter's roof. "Paaaahhhhh!!!" he wails, clutching his head and rolling about, apparently having lost his eyesight and any sense of the world beyond agony.

The commoners cheer at the remarkable blow, and whoop as the giant knocks itself flat again, but as seconds drag on and on into a full minute or more of blubbering, mewling despair, they cringe and look away.

Floppy-hat frowns miserably, ashamed, and tells the dwarf, "Oh, for the mercy's sake, pliss fyinish him off."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

"I...don't think this is an adult giant," Jason muses. "I think it's a child." He wants to help it, but has no healing powers and doubts the giant will hold still long enough to feed it a potion, assuming a healing potion would even work on something that large.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Achuak

Achuak had no interest in helping that Hill Giant, what so ever. This was a kill-or-be-killed world after all and it's not like it's a official war declaration where agreements on not harming the clerics as they heal the wounded and give the final rights to the dying. This is more or less a semi intelligent beast that's very big.

He did heft on his shield and clutch at his Holy Symbol hanging from his neck, the moment he reached for it, it just swooshed right into his hand as if magnetically pulled there.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Completely caught off guard by the blow which sent him flying, Morhar gathers his senses and gets up, still angry as all hell, perhaps even angrier. The man's comment stings Morhar with utmost irritation. "ARG KAUW AH GRAWUH FUNNA HAU AAW!" (Of course of gonna finish him off!") The white-hot rage taking away his speech almost entirely but of course it was a total guess as to whether it could be noted he was snapping back at the man or just pre-occupied by his temperment.

Running up to the giant again to deliver what would hopefully be the finishing blow, the disturbingly angry dwarf swings his maul once more, still as reckless as he did before.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20)[20]+7 or (1d20)[11]+7 (advantage roll)
    Damage (if applicable): (2d6)[10]+5
    Last edited by MechaKingGhidra; 2019-10-19 at 03:07 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC: Since the one dice roll was critical and I can't edit posts to include the extra damage roll: (2d6)[8]))

The second blow was unusually satisfying to Morhar and felt euphoria even through his heightened state of emotions. Surely THIS would put the giant to rest for good?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Eren sighed. "I suppose killing the giant will be the course of least bloodshed for now, master Barker, whether or not it's fully grown or not. If we wanted to protect it, seems we'd have to fight rest of the caravan."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not sure if we're in the initiative, or not? But this is Eren's action, if the giant didn't die yet.

Hex the giant, then attack.
    Eldritch blast: (d20+5)[8]
    (d10+3)[6] + Hex damage (d6)[4]

(( EDIT: Since the giant was already dead, guess Eren didn't need to blast it ))
    Last edited by Majin; 2019-10-19 at 02:07 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

With several more meaty thwaks, Morhar finishes what he started, and the giant ceases breathing.

The audience is not joyous about this turn of events, but the people are largely relieved. After some discussion, the hat man says, "Vell, den, hyelp me." Several others, men and women, begin to loose horses and ropes to drag the giant away.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Achuak

"(Draconic) Huh... it would seem even the giant softskins are indeed just another softskin." Achuak muttered to himself as he approached the spot the Hill Gianted had been brained, sniffing curiously at any lingering smells.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Somewhat surprised to still be alive, I (cautiously) approach the dwarf. "Well, sir, that was... very effective. A shame for the giant, but... needs must." It was a terrifying experience, to be honest, but I have to put a brave face on it. "I am Sorawyl Kassonor, a travelling wizard. You have given us all somewhere safe to sleep, and for that I am in your debt. Might I know your name, so that I can thank you properly?"

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Letting the half-elf finish speaking, Morhar's tense stance relaxes and his eyes return to their normal emerald green.

"Morhar," he gruffly commented. "An' ya dun need t' thank me. I'm still haunted by all tha monstahs mah brothas and sistahs have fallen to. This giant ain't tha same as tha ones I'm used ta but a giant either way. This is a terrifyin' thoot, ta think these t'ings can't even keep to thar own land. Wha next? A why-virn? Wolves with teeth each the size of a man's head? I've got enough of a bad day ta be muckin' around and not even walking down the bloody road without a beast every mile and a blasted half!"

Getting completely wrapped up in his tangent, the dwarf is visibly trembling and immediately about-faces to gather his things and make his own way to the shelter for the night.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Yes, seemed quite effective... If a tad messy." Eren glanced back, glad the onlookers were removing the giant corpse so he didn't need to get his hands dirty. He also stayed a polite distance from the dwarf, in case he'd had bad experiences humans or elves too. "<Dwarvish> But I thank you too, master Morhar."

"Well I certainly hope there isn't any more disruptions, a rest would be quite welcome. Where were you heading before this incident, if you don't mind me asking?" Eren's tone was quite calm and steady, the dwarf seemed to be quite on the edge.
    Last edited by Majin; 2019-10-22 at 03:46 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Continuing to shuffle towards some much-needed rest, even dragging his feet a little, his only acknowledgment of the other half-elf is a simple grunt as he doesn't even turn his head, the goal quite clear to put it behind him.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Jason slowly and purposefully puts away his shield and mace and stares at the dead giant for several tense, silent moments before whirling toward the others. "What is wrong with you people?!" he demands passionately. "He wasn't hurting anyone. He was resting in the designated rest area. That is what it is for, isn't it? He didn't even fight back! Why did he deserve to die? Because he was bigger than us? The gods protect you all if any squirrels happen by and decide the same about you while you sleep!"

His fists clenched as his star metal armor shines in the last bit of dying sunlight as the sun sets. "I thought the problem was Solamnia, but maybe it's just people in general. The gods should just hurl another fiery mountain at us and be done with the whole mess!"

He then whirls on his two half-elven companions. "And don't thank him! Killing someone who doesn't fight back and isn't a threat is called murder in my book. You don't thank people from butchering living beings!" He looks to the dwarf. "Are you proud of yourself? Do you think yourself a great hero? Do you think they'll sing songs and tell tales of the great day in history when a noble and brave dwarf slew a helpless and innocent giant?" He then starts ranting something in Solamnic, but even those who cannot understand the language can gleam it's not anything nice or well-mannered.

He then storms off alone, far enough away to not be near anyone, but still close enough to keep an eye on the camp if necessary. He sits and starts polishing his blade and removing his armor, all the while muttering to himself in Solamnic.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Halting in his tracks to the all-assuming verbal assault, Morhar groans in annoyance. Waiting until he was a bit away, he finally turns back to the two half-elves and says, completely in earnest: "I'm not expect'n glor'eh or even a thank ya. But does it seem tah anyone else that humans seem to be so buried in self-righteousness thay cannae see tha rest of tha worl' aren't ALL aboot tha shared goals? Pride 'n' glor'hee 'n'," switching to an annoyed sarcastic tone, "'tookin oot yer prooblems' like a na'evh li'l nancy waitin' for a new t'ing ta rear it's oogly head instead of grabbin' 'er by da horns and RIPPIN' em out!"

"Sor'ray boot I'm nah gonna wait fer tha prooblem to make tha first move. Tha world's a big, nasteh place and if tha's anyt'ing beaten inta mah head, it's we live with na regrets or die by 'em." Realizing he worked himself up again, Morhar grabs his maul nearly at the very head and gestures towards the two. "This...this is joos' tha beginnin' and I'm na aboot to let anyone git hurt again so long as ah can do some'in. Now? I be suggestin' the lot of ye sleep with yer weapons undah ya pill'ers. G'noit, dun let tha creepy-crawlehs boit."

With that, he turns around and resumes what he was doing to prepare for a night's sleep.
    Last edited by MechaKingGhidra; 2019-10-22 at 07:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Achuak

Achuak looked at the collection of Softskins, a bit unsure as to what to do. They were arguing about the death of some Giant Softskin like it really mattered. Did they get upset as well when they hunted for food? These softskins were indeed an oddity.
    He didn't feel like he wanted to approach them since those not-armored softskins, they were called 'villagers', yes? Well since those softskins looked rather ill-at-ease at Achuak it just didn't feel like a good idea to try and socialize with them at all. He was also very sure it was not a smart idea to do the traditional show of interaction... raising his chin, hissing, etc. These softskins just did not seem the type of react with proper understanding to it.
    So, for now, the Jarak-Sinn kept a little bit away from everyone else. He could hunt for enough food for himself and a whole group of extra people if need be, so eating and drinking was not an issue either.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

After removing his armor and polishing it and his weapons, Jason sighs and looks skyward. He hasn't done so in a long time, but he feels like he has nowhere else to turn. So he prays.

"Mishakal, please hear me. I don't know what to do anymore. All I ever wanted was to make this world a better place, however I could. I thought joining the knights would do that, but instead I just wound up complicit in atrocities. I thought I could do better on my own, but nearly everything I've done since has ended in failure. I failed to save Haagra. I failed to provide for my mother and sister. I failed to join the Legion. I failed to save those charmed sailors. So I thought the best thing I could do was stop acting, and just go with the flow. But my passivity resulted in another death today. It feels like no matter what I do--or don't do--someone else suffers for it.

"I feel so alone. Every time I start to get close to someone, they leave. Tarina, Darrik, Val...maybe it's for the best, as they would probably have died on my watch anyway. I feel myself surrounded on all sides by complete and total despair. Please, grant me the strength to keep fighting the darkness before I drown in it..."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Eren listened to Jason's outburst quietly, just scratching his beard. He did actually feel a twinge of guilt. Eren had thought the giant was nothing more than a two-legged beast, that's what he'd thought. But he might have been wrong, and he was after all on a quest for knowledge, not ignorance. Not that he thought the outcome had been avoidable, everyone was far too worked up for that. But still...

"Perhaps... I'll start preparing supper..." Eren muttered, starting to do exactly that.

Later, he was walking with two steaming bowls to where Jason had headed. Eren froze when he heard talking, realizing it was prayer. He waited until it had stopped, then resumed walking, making more noise. He didn't want it to seem like he'd been sneaking.

"Master Barker... Jason... I brought some stew if you're hungry. It's probably not that great, but warm at least." Eren laid down the bowl. "And... I was wondering if you wanted to talk, perhaps?"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

An hour later the giant is resting safely a hundred yards into the woods and the fire is roaring, rabbits and stew are cooking. Everyone is invited to share, and though the more squeamish prefer not to dwell on the giant's death, merely nodding acknowledgement to the dwarf, several are happy to relive the moment again and again, goading Morhar to add his own exaggerations to an already-growing tale of heroic might. Their simple lives will likely never see such excitement again.

The train leader approaches Achuak cautiously. "Vy are you here, leezard-man? You do not fight giant or save giant. You do not fight us or save us. You are here instead of there," he waves vaguely to indicate wherever you're from. "You are not so scary, but I hope you do not come vith us. Why are you here with people? People will not like you. Unless you tell tales of your home. Or make music. Do you make music?."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Jason seems surprised to see Eren approach. The two of them had not really spoken much or spent much time together since he joined the group. But he doesn't send Eren away. He accepts the offered stew with a muttered thanks then says, "We can talk if you want, but I'm not sure what else there is to say. What's done is done and cannot be undone, I guess."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Completely unsure of how he was even wrangled to join the others by the fire, perhaps just to avoid being annoyed as much as he imagined he would be, Morhar strictly keeps to his story that "It were dere; naow it's not" trying to quell any of the excitement about the incident, visibly displeased by the attention as well as his decline of drink bringing the dwarf to roll his eyes back in frustration as the stereotypes of his kind's sobriety surfaced.

"Ah do na want one, I to' ya! Dulls tha sense and catches ya wit' yer pants doon. Do nah t'ink we're safe. We nevah are."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Achuak

Achuak had stayed a bit to the outskirts of the softskins during the following trip along the road as well as when the camp was set up, foraging for his own food and water with relative ease.
    As the train-leader approached, Achuak put down his dagger that he was in the middle of expertly cutting the meat off of a pair of wild rabits, leaving just the inedible innards which was dumped into a shallow digged hole in the dirt. "It was not Our fight, for one. We.... We are on pilgrimage, the great Zivilyn asked this of Us. We left home to explore the spiritual self, experience the world around, to grow wise with that experience." Achuak said and finished up the carving job.
    "Music? Yes, We play the tribal flute of Our homelands It is not like the bards of your land, but it is soothing." the big Lizardman replied with a tilt of the head with curious interest.

He pulled out his flute, which had been handed down by his grandfather's grandfather, from father to son, on and on, until Achuak received it only a few years back. It was finely carved, albeit very tribal-esque, lending more sentimental and cultural value, than any larger monetary value. He then gave the Train Leader a short play, halting after only a good 30 seconds of playing to look at the Train Leader, flute lowered.
    (Type of musical play, for reference)
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show