The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Looking for players, 18th level, 3.5, Sandbox

Introducing Darius Vex.

A powerful Witch Doctor Necromancer who, seeking personal power, discovered an ancient text that drove him mad with its power. Now he seeks to awaken an Elder Evil legitimately believing that it's in his best interest to do so.

The mechanics are basically complete and fluff is complete.
    Just have some left over gold pieces to burn.

Mechanical questions:
    Necrocarnate's Necrocarnum Soulshield ability has a standard action activation (by default) and a number of daily charges and an effect, but no duration. What is the duration or how does that single ability work?

Would I start with Necrocarnum Zombies animated? Or no? Do I just get humanoids? Is there a HD limit to start?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Introducing Darius Vex.

A powerful Witch Doctor Necromancer who, seeking personal power, discovered an ancient text that drove him mad with its power. Now he seeks to awaken an Elder Evil legitimately believing that it's in his best interest to do so.

The mechanics are basically complete and fluff is complete.
    Just have some left over gold pieces to burn.

Mechanical questions:
    Necrocarnate's Necrocarnum Soulshield ability has a standard action activation (by default) and a number of daily charges and an effect, but no duration. What is the duration or how does that single ability work?

Would I start with Necrocarnum Zombies animated? Or no? Do I just get humanoids? Is there a HD limit to start?
    Uh... would that work? A lot of the characters people are applying with are Good, which means we'd be obligated to stop you. But there's also no PvP? I am confuse

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Uh... would that work? A lot of the characters people are applying with are Good, which means we'd be obligated to stop you. But there's also no PvP? I am confuse
    If it's needed I could do a refluff to vivicarnum. But if the character legitimately believes what he's doing isn't bad, it would require someone to figure out that he doesn't understand his own goal.

It also provides a potential redemption opportunity. It could be interesting.

4. - Top - End - #184

You could be trying to awaken the very same entity that I'm trying to stop! I'm purposefully making both the Chosen One and Ancient Evil in my backstory vague so that I can discover both (or one, or neither) during the game, without really knowing what I'm looking for.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

I too am planning to play, if not an outright Evil character, one who is on the darker side of Neutral definitely edging towards the realm of Evil. The DM did say that alignment was a guideline, not a strict series of regulating behaviour, and I hope to make the most of that in this build.

My concept is... well, if anyone here reads A Practical Guide to Evil, then you will see definite shades of Akua Sahelian to my character. She isn’t quite as horrible and does not commit anywhere near the same atrocities, but her overall methodology is remarkably similar. The build as it stands is pretty simple, Human Archivist 9 / Malconvoker 9, although the emphasis is split between having bound fiends for utility and offence with a hardcore item crafting and ritual focus. I will be starting with Mercantile Background, then using Magical Artisan to shave off costs further. Where things really get interesting is Extract Demonic Essence!

Basically, her backstory revolves around her rich new blood magic item and weapons merchant family being caught up in a civil war, with most of her family dying or disappearing and leaving her with her company (I will be fluffing the Leadership feat as her employees). However, this young girl was a magical prodigy despite her parents sending her away to epistolary boarding school. She returned at age 19 to take over the business, finding everything on the verge of collapse due to poor management by her father’s lackeys. So, with item and weapon shipment deadlines looming and bankruptcy on the horizon, the girl does what anyone would do: she starts cutting corners and turning to fiends for help.

As the war rages on, the girl discovers that she has something of a knack for imbuing fiendish forces into magical vessels. By now quite adept at harnessing demonic energy for her own gain, she starts to turn a real profit. However, before long reports cross her desk of... strange mishaps befalling some of her clients, exclusively among those who were sold fiendish wares. At first, she sees this as a problem, but before long she realizes that the war will be her cover. By selling to all sides equally, she can play off any demonic involvement as being hostile action. So she starts selling the services of actual devils and demons in the field, the better to obfuscate any ‘design flaws’.

It works, for a while. The girl, now in her late 20s, has made millions selling magic items to all parties, and restored her family name. But the war is over now, and people are starting to ask questions. A national inquiry is launched into her company’s role in several fiendish accidents, an inquiry led up by a hard-headed chief investigator who cannot be bought or dissuaded (LG Hellbred Paladin / Justiciar of Tyr). Initial interviews are unfavourable, and already the girl and her company are under suspicion. Even while she tries to put out the PR fires, she has to deal with competitors, rogue nations, and the very forces of evil incarnate upon which she has built her mercantile empire.

However, this entire build is predicated on the idea that pre-game crafting is allowed. I do not intend to go too crazy with crafting pre-game, since I am well aware that it’s a slippery slope. Between Mercantile Background and Magical Artisan, my character will be making a modest profit on any magic item sale by default, but adding in Extraordinary Artisan (and potentially Extract Demonic Essence) will obviate it even more. With a planned Warlock Cohort - because every CEO needs a robotic Warforged Warlock with Imbue Item as a lab assistant - the real limit will be time. Ultimately I will be willing to work with Bel to come up with a reasonable limit to creating magic items pre-game.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Introducing Darius Vex.
    will answer questions tomorrow.

This stood out to me.

Where is the feat, improved soulmeld capacity from?
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    My concept is... well, if anyone here reads A Practical Guide to Evil, then you will see definite shades of Akua Sahelian to my character. She isn’t quite as horrible and does not commit anywhere near the same atrocities, but her overall methodology is remarkably similar. The build as it stands is pretty simple, Human Archivist 9 / Malconvoker 9, although the emphasis is split between having bound fiends for utility and offence with a hardcore item crafting and ritual focus. I will be starting with Mercantile Background, then using Magical Artisan to shave off costs further. Where things really get interesting is Extract Demonic Essence!
    Coincidentally, my character is very loosely inspired by Tariq from that same series! He was the starting point for the idea, at the very least. The final result won't feel too much like the Pilgrim, I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    That is the question-
    Whether 'tis more noble in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of Tucker's Kobolds
    Or to take arms against a Sea of Mooks
    And by casting Protection from Arrows, end them?

8. - Top - End - #188

HalflingRangerGuy

I think depends on how much he, wouldn't it? If he introduces himself with "Hi, I'm Darius, I need 9 innocent sacrifses so that I can awake an.... ELDER EVIL!!! Any volunteers?" then I think the group would be quite justified in immediately taking his character down. However, if he just meets the group and expresses a desire for strength/personal growth as well an an interest into Ancient Cultures I don't necessarily think we should gang up on him.

And who knows, the story we shape in Bel sandbox might keep Darius away from his goals completely. We might end up accidently saving the world from Darius's mistaken goals just by letting him tag along with our group.
    Remember: Offence is taken, not given

Play-by-Post Characters:

Sir Balduin of Buckwood (OOC | IC)
    High Priest Azrael (OOC | IC)

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post

This stood out to me.

He probably means Expanded Soulmeld Capacity, it is from Magic of incarnum
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

@BelGareth

Incarnum Focus, there isn't one listed for the Totem Chakra. I'm wondering if, say, an Incarnum Focus ring might work for that.

Edit: Cancel that. I got it covered!
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2019-07-02 at 08:57 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

This stood out to me.

I need to update that to Expanded Soulmeld Capacity, from Magic of Incarnum. I misremembered the exact feat name.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Alright. Final concept. Loving the way it's turned out.

Spoiler
    Show

Introducing Ariel Beast, founder of the Courier Guild.

Credit for the pic goes to my wife and the silly little fashion game she's been playing on her phone.
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2019-07-02 at 01:07 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineOfSpades View Post
    Commenting On Comments!

Flat Bonus to Knowledge (The Planes) - Sounds good!'

Elemental Protection - I'm guessing thats still DR/- only vs creatures with elemental subtypes, yes?

Call Janni/Genie: Both of these look fine to me. Whistle up some help and set them to work.

Craft Genie Prison: The suggested change doesn't really do anything for me. The SLA's are things I would already have access to by calling up a Janni and having them use their SLA's on my behalf, plus after that I still can order them around for almost 20 minutes. I already have unlimited plane shift to elemental planes. All that remains is some small buffs to abilities, +1 Natural armor, and Fire Resistance 5 (which is overshadowed by already having fire resistance 15 at the start of the game). So, while better, so much of it is redundant that it still kind of meh.

I've thought it over, and I think what I would like to suggest is this. Remove the Genie Prison Ability and replace it with the following.

Spoiler: Genie Lord
    Show
    Level 18: You have risen to a position of prominence among Geniekind, and have attracted the attention of the high court of Geniekind, lords of the elemental planes, whose power is great enough to rival deities (The Grand Caliph of the Djinn, The Great Khan of the Dao, The Grand Sultan of the Efreet, and The Great Padishash of the Marid). You have sufficient status now to call upon them for aid, and receive it. You gain the ability to use Limited Wish three times per day as a spell like ability. Using this ability is a full round action if you are producing one of the effects as outlined by the spell. If attempting to produce a more complex effect that still falls within the parameters of the limited wish, it takes at least 1 minute as you make your appeal. After using a limited wish, you must wait at least one hour before using it again, as the high-lords of genie kind do not like to be pestered.

Sha'ir who have gained this level of prestige and status typically signifiy their experience by adding the prefix Ali to their last name, meaning 'ascended'.

I also have bunch of ideas for Sha'ir feats to round out the flavorful elements of the class, since I really want to lean heavily into the genie-binding stuff rather than just being a retooled wizard with a stack of metamagic feats. Is it cool if I run those by you?
    Ok, while im a fan of making terrible classes usable, this i feel, is an effor tin futility, it has 9th level spells, so unfortunately, I'm going to ixnay the changes suggested, majority of these changes can be emulated via other classes etc, and while I think what we were working on was fun, and fluffy, i don't want to do to much custom stuff, cuz it makes it harder on me as a DM.
    Sorry for being misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by niw18 View Post
    @belgrath

it's been a while since been in a game you're involved in

this the idea I am going with at the moment

ghast 4 rhd / dread necromancer 10 / ultimate magus 4
    Hey! Seeing the usuals slowly filter in, it's been a while.
    Sounds interesting.

Because my animal companion is intelligent, can it make a Vow of Poverty?

Is that too cheesy?

I guess if I have to ask, the answer is probably yes, huh?
    Yes. Especially as your AC doesn't have wealth by level values intrinsic to the game.

Oh hey look, a game with sandbox elements being run by one of my fave high level DMs! Hey Bel. I think I will put something together for this baby, but I am mulling over fun concepts from my old box. Rest assured that I hope to put together a character and help with worldbuilding as well.
    Hey! It's another one! :P

I too am planning to play, if not an outright Evil character, one who is on the darker side of Neutral definitely edging towards the realm of Evil. The DM did say that alignment was a guideline, not a strict series of regulating behaviour, and I hope to make the most of that in this build.

Basically, her backstory revolves around her rich new blood magic item and weapons merchant family being caught up in a civil war, with most of her family dying or disappearing and leaving her with her company (I will be fluffing the Leadership feat as her employees). However, this young girl was a magical prodigy despite her parents sending her away to epistolary boarding school. She returned at age 19 to take over the business, finding everything on the verge of collapse due to poor management by her father’s lackeys. So, with item and weapon shipment deadlines looming and bankruptcy on the horizon, the girl does what anyone would do: she starts cutting corners and turning to fiends for help.

As the war rages on, the girl discovers that she has something of a knack for imbuing fiendish forces into magical vessels. By now quite adept at harnessing demonic energy for her own gain, she starts to turn a real profit. However, before long reports cross her desk of... strange mishaps befalling some of her clients, exclusively among those who were sold fiendish wares. At first, she sees this as a problem, but before long she realizes that the war will be her cover. By selling to all sides equally, she can play off any demonic involvement as being hostile action. So she starts selling the services of actual devils and demons in the field, the better to obfuscate any ‘design flaws’.

It works, for a while. The girl, now in her late 20s, has made millions selling magic items to all parties, and restored her family name. But the war is over now, and people are starting to ask questions. A national inquiry is launched into her company’s role in several fiendish accidents, an inquiry led up by a hard-headed chief investigator who cannot be bought or dissuaded (LG Hellbred Paladin / Justiciar of Tyr). Initial interviews are unfavourable, and already the girl and her company are under suspicion. Even while she tries to put out the PR fires, she has to deal with competitors, rogue nations, and the very forces of evil incarnate upon which she has built her mercantile empire.

However, this entire build is predicated on the idea that pre-game crafting is allowed. I do not intend to go too crazy with crafting pre-game, since I am well aware that it’s a slippery slope. Between Mercantile Background and Magical Artisan, my character will be making a modest profit on any magic item sale by default, but adding in Extraordinary Artisan (and potentially Extract Demonic Essence) will obviate it even more. With a planned Warlock Cohort - because every CEO needs a robotic Warforged Warlock with Imbue Item as a lab assistant - the real limit will be time. Ultimately I will be willing to work with Bel to come up with a reasonable limit to creating magic items pre-game.
    I'm ok with most of that, but I've told another player, so i guess I'll tell everyone. [
    SIZE=5]No pre game crafting[/SIZE]
    (emphasis so everyone can see)

I need to update that to Expanded Soulmeld Capacity, from Magic of Incarnum. I misremembered the exact feat name.
    Well thats part of the problem.
    Expanded Soulmeld Capacity expands the capacity of 1 soulmeld. It looks to me you maybe thought it expanded all soulmelds? Your capacity is way off the charts, unless im missing something. 8 and 9 is a little too high. From my calculations:
    Incarnate - base 4 + 1 (expanded soulmeld class ability) = 5
    Necrocarnum - base 4 + 1 (expanded soulmeld class ability) + 1 (Expanded necrocarnum meld capacity) = 6
    Totem - base 4 + 1 (expanded soulmeld class ability) = 5

Additionally, you can only have one zombie from that soulmeld...and im not sure what exactly is Bound and what is not, it's not very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    Alright. Final concept. Loving the way it's turned out.

Spoiler
    Show

Introducing Ariel Beast, founder of the Courier Guild.

Credit for the pic goes to my wife and the silly little fashion game she's been playing on her phone.
    Spoiler large images please.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that kinda kills my enthusiasm for that concept. I might get motivated to just do a full rewrite of the class down the line, since I did enjoy contemplating on the matter.

Leaves me without a concept for now though.
    High Reverend of the Church of the Icosahedron

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineOfSpades View Post
    Well, that kinda kills my enthusiasm for that concept. I might get motivated to just do a full rewrite of the class down the line, since I did enjoy contemplating on the matter.

Leaves me without a concept for now though.
    Sorry!

You could be a Janni/Half-Janni, be a druid, and then use Summon natures Ally to summon Genies?
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, what? No pre-game crafting?

... that completely kills my entire concept. Frughrghr.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taelas View Post
    Wait, what? No pre-game crafting?

... that completely kills my entire concept. Frughrghr.
    Sorry, I've never allowed it in any of my games.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

You might wanna include it in your big 16, then.

I'll try to come up with something else, but I'm feeling a bit deflated right now.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

I'm ok with most of that, but I've told another player, so i guess I'll tell everyone.
    No pre game crafting
    (emphasis so everyone can see).
    Awww, that does negate some awesomeness. Still, it is part of my character’s backstory and I am committed to the concept as it starts to come together, so that’s okay. I’m assuming that using Mercantile Background to buy some items is okay? It only constitutes a 25% discount, and I would only be using it for a few (to my mind rather overpriced) items.

You could be a Janni/Half-Janni, be a druid, and then use Summon natures Ally to summon Genies?
    Wait, so SNA can summon Genies now? That is definitely good to know.
    Show
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

You might wanna include it in your big 16, then.

I'll try to come up with something else, but I'm feeling a bit deflated right now.
    Updated.

Awww, that does negate some awesomeness. Still, it is part of my character’s backstory and I am committed to the concept as it starts to come together, so that’s okay. I’m assuming that using Mercantile Background to buy some items is okay? It only constitutes a 25% discount, and I would only be using it for a few (to my mind rather overpriced) items.

Wait, so SNA can summon Genies now? That is definitely good to know.
    I'm ok with it for fluff, but not actual discount. In game is fine, like if you want to do the first thing, is buy stuff, that's cool. But i want everyone to start off with the same resources available to everyone.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sum...resAllyVII.htm
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Well thats part of the problem.
    Expanded Soulmeld Capacity expands the capacity of 1 soulmeld. It looks to me you maybe thought it expanded all soulmelds? Your capacity is way off the charts, unless im missing something. 8 and 9 is a little too high. From my calculations:
    Incarnate - base 4 + 1 (expanded soulmeld class ability) = 5
    Necrocarnum - base 4 + 1 (expanded soulmeld class ability) + 1 (Expanded necrocarnum meld capacity) = 6
    Totem - base 4 + 1 (expanded soulmeld class ability) = 5

Additionally, you can only have one zombie from that soulmeld...and im not sure what exactly is Bound and what is not, it's not very clear.
    You're entirely right. This is what I get for thinking I know a thing and not going back to carefully read it every time. I'll redo the capacity of the melds.

Do you have a preferred way to list or mark what's bound? I have the bound melds listed in my items section on their slots, and in the spells section with a format of Base Class - Meld name - Bind in use (or N/A if not bound).

On the circlet, the idea of getting two zombies is to Share Soulmelds with my familiar, so the familiar would animate zombie number 2 using its Circlet. Though I guess it's not explicitly called out if the bind effect is shared. I was assuming that Share Soulmeld would extend to binds and essentia investment, though in the end it's your call, would that work?

I'll go back and revise the sheet once I'm not on mobile.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

I'm ok with it for fluff, but not actual discount. In game is fine, like if you want to do the first thing, is buy stuff, that's cool. But i want everyone to start off with the same resources available to everyone.
    Hmm. In that case, I may want to change concepts. There’s no point in sinking all of my feats into effectively no bonus, since crafting anything worthwhile in-game tends to take too long, especially in PbPs.
    Show
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

You're entirely right. This is what I get for thinking I know a thing and not going back to carefully read it every time. I'll redo the capacity of the melds.

Do you have a preferred way to list or mark what's bound? I have the bound melds listed in my items section on their slots, and in the spells section with a format of Base Class - Meld name - Bind in use (or N/A if not bound).

On the circlet, the idea of getting two zombies is to Share Soulmelds with my familiar, so the familiar would animate zombie number 2 using its Circlet. Though I guess it's not explicitly called out if the bind effect is shared. I was assuming that Share Soulmeld would extend to binds and essentia investment, though in the end it's your call, would that work?

I'll go back and revise the sheet once I'm not on mobile.
    I usually put it on the magic list for item, i see you have 3?, but then i thought i saw a few others in the spell selection area?

Hmm. In that case, I may want to change concepts. There’s no point in sinking all of my feats into effectively no bonus, since crafting anything worthwhile in-game tends to take too long, especially in PbPs.
    hmmm, ok....How about this.

If EVERYONE is ok with it, i'll allow up to 25% of your wealth to be pregame crafted? If you have a problem with this, please PM me privately, and I'll consider it throughout this week. I don't want to quash creativity, and if everyone is cool with it, why not?
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

24. - Top - End - #204

If EVERYONE is ok with it, i'll allow up to 25% of your wealth to be pregame crafted? If you have a problem with this, please PM me privately, and I'll consider it throughout this week. I don't want to quash creativity, and if everyone is cool with it, why not?
    I'm cool with it

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

I am also cool with it, though I doubt I will take advantage of it.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

I've already received a No vote.

Keep that in mind, I would be willing to work with those who 'need' it for their characters. Great wealth could be emulated with the landlord feat, or similar, or merely fluffed, or perhaps additional Leadership feats to represent your great influence.

There is no reason we cannot fluff the concept/theme for pre game crafting, IMHO.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I usually put it on the magic list for item, i see you have 3?, but then i thought i saw a few others in the spell selection area?
    I have 10 melds shaped, but I can only get the binds for 4.

The one that's easy to overlook in the item section is the Totem, as it's on Misc at the bottom instead of a regular slot since Totems don't have a slot they occupy. I'd also usually list ioun stones or other spotless items if I have any on Misc.

The 4 bound are the Necrocarnum Circlet (Crown), Dissolving Spittle (Throat), Shedu Crown (Heart/Torso), and Frost Helm (Totem).

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

My character concept was of someone who is compensating for his lack of raw power by using a ton of powerful magical items. So not really salvageable, I don't think.

The mechanics are mostly done, but if I can't craft, I'm waaaay over the GP limit, and if I pruned him down to the limit, there's no way he'd be even remotely effective. Not even sure he's too effective with his current gear, to be honest. You can have a look, if you want.
    Last edited by Taelas; 2019-07-02 at 01:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

hmmm, ok....How about this.

Fine with me.
    My Homebrew
    Gravesoul
    Tower Guard

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

My character concept was of someone who is compensating for his lack of raw power by using a ton of powerful magical items. So not really salvageable, I don't think.

The mechanics are mostly done, but if I can't craft, I'm waaaay over the GP limit, and if I pruned him down to the limit, there's no way he'd be even remotely effective. Not even sure he's too effective with his current gear, to be honest. You can have a look, if you want.
    I don't even see this as a viable way to create a character. Fighter and Paladin are both credible archetypes that can be OP if you choose to, so it shouldn't be hard to scale stuff back if need be.

I'm not even sure how you are getting your CL to craft magical items?

It would be easy to fluff some of his abilities to normal magical items (Within the budget), and just RP the effects, perhaps he believes they give him power, he could even be wrong, and realize that later in some form of awakening arc. I'm just not seeing the need to have more wealth than others here.

EDIT: I'm assuming it's from the SLA's provided from the saint template? So he's been a saint since level 3? Because that's when you got the crafting feats.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2019-07-02 at 01:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord