The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Unraveling Tapestries OOC: Initial Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by stveje View Post
    Initiative is a single die plus a modifier, not a dice pool, which is weird, I know. Afaik it's the only such roll in WoD. Sorry if I could have made that clearer.
    Ah. Then 15.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

A 9 on initiative for me, with the boost. Hayabusa is grabbing Skoll and running both of them straight into the portal.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

In the future, can you post these things IC, please? Even if it's just a roll, that's fine. It feels sort of awkward to double-post IC, like I'm talking to myself or something. I'm probably just weird, that way
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

4. - Top - End - #124
    Colossus in the Playground

In the future, can you post these things IC, please? Even if it's just a roll, that's fine. It feels sort of awkward to double-post IC, like I'm talking to myself or something. I'm probably just weird, that way
    Gotcha, sorry, got stonewalled by ideas. Post soon.
    Soldiers, no poor sap ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by being all that he can be. Damn the torpedoes, or give us death. Eternal vigilance is the price of duty and to the victors go the spoils. So remember: you are the best of the few and the proud. So ask not what our country can do, only regret that we have but one life to live.

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Gotcha, sorry, got stonewalled by ideas. Post soon.
    Hope I didn't deprive you of an opportunity to post those ideas. Figured it was time to move on since everyone seemed a bit stumped.
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

6. - Top - End - #126

Hope I didn't deprive you of an opportunity to post those ideas. Figured it was time to move on since everyone seemed a bit stumped.
    Yeah, sorry about that, should be back in now
    Soldiers, no poor sap ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by being all that he can be. Damn the torpedoes, or give us death. Eternal vigilance is the price of duty and to the victors go the spoils. So remember: you are the best of the few and the proud. So ask not what our country can do, only regret that we have but one life to live.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Sure. I sometimes feel weird posting just a roll IC, like if I'm writing in the main thread I owe an obligation to give the reader a bit more description of thought processes or scene action, but I can see how it's weird to just post an update and then *crickets* so I'll just try and keep everything there.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

8. - Top - End - #128

Will try to post sometime today. I've been rather occupied the past month-ish, but it should get better again after monday.
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Is this the part of the story where Clover makes the odd but correct jump that apocalyptic change and the end of the world is coming, or do we want more foreshadowing here?
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Is this the part of the story where Clover makes the odd but correct jump that apocalyptic change and the end of the world is coming, or do we want more foreshadowing here?
    Imo, that is some very strong and direct imagery and you should just lean into it hard.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Uh-oh. Um. Jayden, you’re not, like, that kind of Mysterium mage, right? The kind that is cool with letting civilization end (or even be helped along) for magic to thrive? Because this is a step away from becoming scary.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

Uh-oh. Um. Jayden, you’re not, like, that kind of Mysterium mage, right? The kind that is cool with letting civilization end (or even be helped along) for magic to thrive? Because this is a step away from becoming scary.
    She is extremely cool with civilization ending. Her deep soul music is Aenema. Her entire past was the Tower; catastrophe, collapse, rebirth, enlightenment.

The important distinction, though, is that she's got zero interest in helping it along. How pointless would that be? When the earthquake comes and crumbles a city to dust it's not going to ask anyone about the morality of it's actions. She thinks that we're all probably going to die when the LA fault line slips its leash or Yellowstone blows it's top, but being pro or anti apocalypse strikes her as hilariously vain.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

She is extremely cool with civilization ending. Her deep soul music is Aenema. Her entire past was the Tower; catastrophe, collapse, rebirth, enlightenment.

The important distinction, though, is that she's got zero interest in helping it along. How pointless would that be? When the earthquake comes and crumbles a city to dust it's not going to ask anyone about the morality of it's actions. She thinks that we're all probably going to die when the LA fault line slips its leash or Yellowstone blows it's top, but being pro or anti apocalypse strikes her as hilariously vain.
    TBH, I don't see Hayabusa as especially pro or anti-apocalypse either. She cares what comes after though, as I outlined IC. More like, magic needs protection and care, and maybe a bit of keeping sleepers away from this stuff because they're ruin it.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

14. - Top - End - #134

Totally recommending Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir if you like necromancers, murder mystery, and dirty jokes and are looking for something to read this Halloween.

Imagine if Twilight Sparkle, Bone Witch Extraordinaire, who never learned a single friendship lesson, was summoned by the Necroprincess Supreme, Celestia the Undying, to the crumbling ruins of the Castle of the two Sisters along with eight other arrogant and over-ambitious young wizards and witches, locked inside with no contact with the outside world, and tasked with figuring out the deadly puzzle to ascend to necroprincesshood, while saddled with her cavalier, the "loyal" Rainbow Dash, whose guts she totally hates, and who hates her ugly, bony face, too, and they totally haven't got the secret hots for each other, nope. And then ponies start to get murdered, and somepony def done did it. Probably that jerk, or that other jerk, or maybe it was Twilight herself, because she's the jerkiest jerk of them all.
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

15. - Top - End - #135

Totally recommending Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir if you like necromancers, murder mystery, and dirty jokes and are looking for something to read this Halloween.

Imagine if Twilight Sparkle, Bone Witch Extraordinaire, who never learned a single friendship lesson, was summoned by the Necroprincess Supreme, Celestia the Undying, to the crumbling ruins of the Castle of the two Sisters along with eight other arrogant and over-ambitious young wizards and witches, locked inside with no contact with the outside world, and tasked with figuring out the deadly puzzle to ascend to necroprincesshood, while saddled with her cavalier, the "loyal" Rainbow Dash, whose guts she totally hates, and who hates her ugly, bony face, too, and they totally haven't got the secret hots for each other, nope. And then ponies start to get murdered, and somepony def done did it. Probably that jerk, or that other jerk, or maybe it was Twilight herself, because she's the jerkiest jerk of them all.
    Well it's on Audible so I'll listen to it after 20 hours of the Stormlight Archive goes by!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

What a coincidence! I picked that up already; I was sold at the “lesbian necromancers” pitch.

My current rec for Halloween thrills is The Twisted Ones by T. Kingfisher, the pen name of Ursula Vernon. Our plucky protagonist is tasked with handling her (terrible) late grandmother’s house for sale. Only problem was that grandma was a hoarder.

Well. Not the only problem. There’s also the weird stone out back. And the deer which don’t run right.

The story doesn’t end up chasing the rabbit trail I really wanted it to, but it’s a solid read regardless. And there’s some very, very striking imagery in there. Oh, and there is a Good Dog. The best doggo.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

What a coincidence! I picked that up already; I was sold at the “lesbian necromancers” pitch.

My current rec for Halloween thrills is The Twisted Ones by T. Kingfisher, the pen name of Ursula Vernon. Our plucky protagonist is tasked with handling her (terrible) late grandmother’s house for sale. Only problem was that grandma was a hoarder.

Well. Not the only problem. There’s also the weird stone out back. And the deer which don’t run right.

The story doesn’t end up chasing the rabbit trail I really wanted it to, but it’s a solid read regardless. And there’s some very, very striking imagery in there. Oh, and there is a Good Dog. The best doggo.
    Double coincidence! I'm halfway through The Twisted Ones right now.
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

18. - Top - End - #138

Sorry for the delay. I'm getting gravely distracted lately, and I'm a bit annoyed at some other stuff, which isn't helping right now. I'll try to write a post soon.

Everyone doing well, otherwise?
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

19. - Top - End - #139

Sorry for the delay. I'm getting gravely distracted lately, and I'm a bit annoyed at some other stuff, which isn't helping right now. I'll try to write a post soon.

Everyone doing well, otherwise?
    Doing great! Over post convention blues and back into an energetic, creative state.

I am also very annoyed at a bunch of corporations but the upshot has been playing a bunch more indie games which is probably better for my brain health overall.

20. - Top - End - #140

Doing great! Over post convention blues and back into an energetic, creative state.

I am also very annoyed at a bunch of corporations but the upshot has been playing a bunch more indie games which is probably better for my brain health overall.
    Any recs? I haven't been playing any games in forever, it feels like, but I'm thinking maybe a brief but intense blast through some aggressive shooter is just what I need. Even though I never play shooters.

Edit: I should probably play something calm and mindless, instead. Or curl up on the couch and watch some mindless TV. I just don't really feel like anything.
    Last edited by stveje; 2019-10-18 at 02:42 AM.
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

21. - Top - End - #141

Any recs? I haven't been playing any games in forever, it feels like, but I'm thinking maybe a brief but intense blast through some aggressive shooter is just what I need. Even though I never play shooters.

Edit: I should probably play something calm and mindless, instead. Or curl up on the couch and watch some mindless TV. I just don't really feel like anything.
    If you want something calm and mindless, Star Traders Frontiers. It's my favourite space chill game and gets updated a million times a day for free.

If you want something funny and emotionally charged, Heaven Will Be Mine. Short and sufficiently gay.

If you want something thinky, The Fall 1 and 2. Best robots.

If you want something fast and aggressive I don't have anything for right now. A Reckless Disregard for Gravity, maybe?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

This is probably a bit less indie, but if you have not played Hollow Knight already, play Hollow Knight. It's so good.

I also started up Ni no Kuni on the Switch recently, which has just the right amount of lighthearted fantasy in its telling of the classic "young pure-hearted boy becomes a wizard" story for where my brain wants to be right now.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

23. - Top - End - #143

Thanks for the suggestions. I may give some of them a look, although I should probably also give some of the unplayed games in my library a look. I clearly don't play enough.

I feel a bit better again. Maybe it was all just because I'm trying to cut out all caffeine, and I got mighty grumpy as a result. Ah well.
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

24. - Top - End - #144

Thanqol, can you illuminate for me what Jayden is saying, with the doors? I think my mind is blanking out a bit on it.
    Sebastian/S.T. Veje
    Twitter

25. - Top - End - #145

Thanqol, can you illuminate for me what Jayden is saying, with the doors? I think my mind is blanking out a bit on it.
    Oh, when she was split off from the rest a few posts back, 'you go this way, the rest of you go that way'.