New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Arcturian Ruins of Stwairvane

Sandstrider nods. "I think we'll be alright even with the storm. Maybe a little cold and wet, but maybe that's just more incentive to get there as fast as possible."
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shauni

Having overheard the exchange between Sandstrider, Jason, and the lumberjacks, Shauni interjects"I think we should wait out the storm. If it's that bad, we shouldn't be walking across open ground. I may be good, but I can't keep us from getting fried by lightning. Besides, if we were mounted we'd be even taller targets in the storm." Shauni then remembers that she will need food for the journey as well. "I still have to pick up some more supplies, too," she says as she pats her magical backpack.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:
    The Battle Psychic Martial Adept

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Jason

Jason tries his hardest to remember the directions the lumberjack gave him, wishing that he had some paper to write it down on. He pats his pockets for some while the others talk, before voicing his opinion. "I have enough food for a few days, and I'll be fine to sleep out in the wild... But I don't have a horse at all, and I have very little money, nowhere near enough to buy one.. So I'm in a wee bitty bit of a mess, unless there's some other way anyone can think of."

4. - Top - End - #64

GnomeWizardGuy

Sandstrider nods softly. I have enough food to last me for 4 days, or to last two of us for 2 days. I'm also without a horse, and I doubt a horse could carry me anyway. He says, digging into his pockets. "I also seem to be to low on gold to buy a horse if I wanted to.but tell you what, I'll chip in for some pack mules and pack saddles for them and some feed for our animals, and some more food for ourselves if that sounds good to anyone else, I want to get there soon, but this way we will be able to go as slow as we need, and we'll be able to hold out longer once we get there."

Spoiler
    Show
    If everyone agrees to this he will buy 2 donkeys or mules, preferring mules but taking whatever is available.
    Donkeys/Mules: 16 gp
    2 Pack Saddles: 10 gp
    15 feedings worth of feed: 7 sp 5 cp
    15 days worth of trail rations (for one person, less if split among the party):7 gp 5 sp
    1 tent: 10 gp

For a total of 44 gp, 2 sp and 5 cp. If all of this is availible, if not I'll have to decide then what he does.
    Last edited by Katasi; 2007-10-11 at 04:51 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Sandstrider has no problem getting any of the things on his list.
    Characters: Pakar

6. - Top - End - #66

BarbarianGuy

Crog
    "Me smart. Me got suplies. Horse, food and tent," he says in a much calmer and lower voice than yesterday. He begins to daydream about the many things he may get to kill during there exposition and everyone can tell that this would NOT be a good time to startle him.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Guicho

"A tent and a bedroll, I knew I forgot something..." Guicho listens to the others, before adding his own thoughts. "I just got a hold of a horse, it looks strong, but from the look of it, it's speed might be unneeded. I've got enough supplies to keep a man feed for a week." He pauses for a sec, Dunno what the horse would eat though, poor things gonna end up nothing but skin and bones with me... dammit, it's so much easier just letting someone else worry about supplies., something dawning to him. "I do have a a good bit of gold left from my last job though, some 10, maybe 9 platinum coins. Perhaps we could find a good use for it, we're gonna be risking our minds together anyway. Maybe a wagon or something so we can all move at a horses speed."

Spoiler
    Show
    271 gp left after character creation
    175.7 were just spent
    10.7 spent on things I forgot, including
    - 10 Days feed for the horse (.5)
    - Tent and bedroll (10.1)

84.6 gp left over.

So Guicho has 8 Platinum, 4 Gold and 6 Silvers left over.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

8. - Top - End - #68

GnomeWizardGuy

Sandstrider nods. "That sounds like a good idea to me. In that case I probably shouldn't get any mules or donkeys. The move alot slower than horses, though the would make better pack animals once we went inside in case we need any. They are far harder to frighten, and donkeys are smaller than horses and maybe be easier to take through tight spaces. What does everyone else think, should we get pack animals besides horses or no?"

Spoiler
    Show
    going to wait until I get an opinion on this before actually buying the stuff.

9. - Top - End - #69

BarbarianGuy

Crog
    ((I just bought ten days feed))

"Me help buy cart, me got like 400 gold! Me can buy for you if you need!" says Crog in a tone lower than he was last night but in a more excited way. And he's no longer day dreaming.
    Last edited by The Big Orc; 2007-10-11 at 08:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

Planetar

Aleash

I think both a cart and pack animals are good idea's. I am afraid that I do not have much coin left to me, but what I have is available to the mission.

Spoiler
    Show

1 pp 1 gp 4 sp 3 cp, I do have 7 potions of cure light wounds. I noticed the distinct lack of a cleric and I wanted to make sure that we didn't rely solely on the healing capabilities of the 2 paladins.
    Last edited by anIceFan; 2007-10-11 at 08:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

The livery stable that you have buying your horses from does have 2 carts as well as Oxen or Horses whichever you'd prefer. All standard prices.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Jason

Jason rummages around in his pockets, and his backpack, before finding the small leather pouch he carries his money in. Opening it up, it didn't take long to count it all. "I have only ten gold coins left out of my savings... I could either buy myself a tent with it, or chip in for a cart or wagon. I don't mind sleeping in the wagon if that's what we choose to buy, it won't be the worst of all places I've woken up in."

13. - Top - End - #73

GnomeWizardGuy

Sandstrider thinks for a moment then speaks. "The way I see it we are stuck between the need to uncover whatever lies behind this mystery as fast as possible, and the need to be as careful as possible about it." He says. "We don't know what we will find there, we don't even know how large the ruins are. If we go inside we could be in there for days or even weeks. We risk the possibility of getting lost as well if the ruins are large enough. I think we need to maximize our supplies as best we can, and also our means or carrying those supplies with us while inside." He puts rubs his chin with his hand for a second before continuing. "I have a suggestion to make. We could buy a cart and have some donkeys to pull it. Those of us who have horses and are good on them can scout ahead and get a general feel of the area. The rest of use who don't have horses or are poor riders could stay with the cart to protect the supplies. It would take us two days to get there that way, but we wouldn't face starving before we get there."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sandstrider will now go buy the stuff on his list, just making note in case anyone cares exactly when he does so.
    Last edited by Katasi; 2007-10-12 at 05:22 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

BarbarianGuy

Crog
    "YAY Crog get to scout! And how much we need for carts?" Crog says in his loud boisterous voice, while dancing because of the chance that he might get a chance to scout.
    Last edited by The Big Orc; 2007-10-12 at 04:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Planetar

Aleash

That is an excellent idea. I will gladly help with the scouting.

Aleash takes a step outside to see what is up with the weather.

Spoiler
    Show

roll=survival]1d20+5[/roll]
    What a moron!
    I rolled over in the OOC post, of course I got a 24 here. I will probably get a 1 on a hit later.
    Last edited by anIceFan; 2007-10-12 at 04:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

The overtly scruffy livery clerk. Yawns and while scratching his beard pipes up, "I's gots a wagon, 35 gold n I's gots a cart, 15 gold." He points at a red wagon and a green cart. "The red one's faster; people say."

EDIT: Aleash, you look up to the sky and see a beautiful storm brewing. It is going to rain, hard, and probably for a while. You would venture it will probably last a day or two. You feel getting started sooner rather then later may keep you ahead of the storm. You know for a fact that you will not get there before the storm hits though.
    Last edited by borninbones; 2007-10-12 at 05:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

BarbarianGuy

Crog
    I hand the wagon guy 60 gold and say, "We take both and horses to pull."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Jason

Jason was counting out his money and wondering what the others would think would be the best purchase when the orc, in a huge display of generosity, bought them both. With the problem of transport sorted now, Jason spends all of his remaining coin on a tent for himself.

19. - Top - End - #79

Shauni

"We've got more food now, too!" says Shauni. Her arms are filled with 3 pounds of cheese, bread, and meat. "I didn't want to get any trail rations, cause I'm allergic to nuts."
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

20. - Top - End - #80

Planetar

Aleash

As the group re-assembles.
    We ought to get a move on. This storm is going to break soon, and it looks like it won't be passing any time soon. Lets try and see if we can't at least put a few miles between it and us before it hits.

If his suggestion is accepted, Aleash will retrieve his horse and head out. Once out of town, he will begin to range ahead, in coordination with Crog to scout the way ahead.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

GnomeWizardGuy

Sandstrider lets out a small laugh. "Well are you sure you got enough to cover your appetite there kid, what with the way you laid into your meal last night?" He says before he nodding to Aleash as he goes over to pick up his longspear from where he sat it when he came into town, being reasonably sure noone would run away with something roughly the size of a flagpole. "I'm ready when everyone else is."
    Last edited by Katasi; 2007-10-12 at 09:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Guicho

Glad to still have enough to last him a while after their return, Guicho watches as the last of their travel arrangements are sorted out. "I take it I'll be riding with the wagon then, I've never actually been on horseback." Watching the others begin gathering their things, Guicho does the same.

His dark brown warhorse now looking more like a pack animal, Guicho approaches it and gets ready to go. "Try to go easy on me, alright Bones?"
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

23. - Top - End - #83

GnomeWizardGuy

Before they leave Sandstrider unloads the trail rations and feed to the wagon, knowing the donkeys will be able to keep up better and will be fresher for when they will be really needed without carrying them on the way to the ruins.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Jason

Jason picks up his backpack from where he left it, slung his newly purchased tent over his shoulder, and got to work stringing his short bow. These preperations done, he climbs onto the wagon, and sits down, waiting for them all to set off. "Ready whenever you lot are."

25. - Top - End - #85

BarbarianGuy

Crog
    Crog gathers up all those things that he can't even believe he'll ever need and load most of it up onto the cart and wagon. He then goes and gets his horse and begins to wait for Aleash to be ready for scouting.

26. - Top - End - #86

Shauni

"Well, I hadn't had any breakfast or lunch yesterday. And this is for more than just me," says Shauni, putting the food on the wagon. Indicating her greatcoat, she says, "I hope we don't get caught in that storm. I had this washed and the buttons polished three days ago. I just don't really like being wet. Is it okay if I sleep in the wagon?"
    Last edited by Reptilius; 2007-10-13 at 07:12 PM.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

27. - Top - End - #87

BarbarianGuy

Crog
    while looking at shauni like she/he is the wierdest thing he's ever heard he says, "Why We Not All Sleep Outside? It Fun To Stare At Stars. Then Point At Constelations! Me only know one constelation though..." then he hangs his head as though he's trying to think really hard about what he has been told before. "Me elf friend taught all about but now me forgot."

28. - Top - End - #88

GnomeWizardGuy

Sandstrider laughs softly at the comment about not wanting to get wet. "A little rain won't hurt you" He says. "Shall we go then?"

29. - Top - End - #89

Shauni

Shauni, looking annoyed, says to Sandstrider, "Well it obviously won't hurt me. It's just that wet clothes are heavy, and could slow me down if we have to fight." Leaning against the wagon, she says to Crog, "And I just have a thing about the open sky." Looking up quickly, she adds, "It just seems so empty, like its waiting for something. They say that nature abhors a vacuum. So why is all that space up there, hmmm? Well regardless, I'm ready."
    Last edited by Reptilius; 2007-10-14 at 10:19 AM.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

30. - Top - End - #90

GnomeWizardGuy

Sandstrider picks up his spear and begins to walk out of town, watching to see if anyone follows him.