The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default The Elder Scrolls: Legends Thread

Decided to make a TESL thread for any enthusiasts out there! Not sure if it'll get any hits (probably not), but I'm hopeful!

I still haven't caught up on my collection for the Faction War, so I'm pretty behind the curve. Still using a Ramp/Dragon/Shout deck as my staple, as a lot of the newer decks/playstyles just seem to move a little bit too fast for my liking. Been trying to make the most of a Red-Purple-Blue Item deck, but my refusal to play Aggro seems to be going against me in that endeavor. I'd like to somehow use my Wrothgar's Forge, or that one new multicolored item that costs 8 that has Ward+Drain+4/+4+Whatever else, but it just seems so unrealistic. Anyone got any suggestions for a Faction deck that isn't heavy on action-based control but focuses on the long-game?

My tag, if anyone's interested, is Sinsaint
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-07-01 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas Iíve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. Youíre a gem of the community here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post

5th Edition Homebrewery

Prestige Options, changing primary attributes while maintaining balance with default options.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Legends Thread

Went into a few games last month and I was extremely surprised my prophecy aggro deck was still top tier like it was a year ago. Does this game not have rotation?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Went into a few games last month and I was extremely surprised my prophecy aggro deck was still top tier like it was a year ago. Does this game not have rotation?
    Not yet. It's had about...6 sets, I think? So they might start. I hope not, though. The early mechanics were fun, and encouraged more adaptation for both sides. Someone plays a shout, you know that the shout is going to be stronger the nest time around it becomes relevant, it'll never "sneak up" on you. Same thing with Rally, it's not like you're ever going to be surprised by the fact that they played a 5/5 with Ward on turn 5 because you let their Rally monster keep hitting you. They used slower mechanics, to allow the enemy to come up with a response.

Now the cards often rely on some form of aggro to be relevant. Personally, I hate the new Wax/Wane mechanic that the opponent can't interact with in any way. Hell, even if there was a trend with Wax/Wane (Wax was good for creating a board state, Wane is good for removal), that'd be enough to justify it (so the opponent knows to prepare their own removal on Wax turns and not play creatures on Wane turns. As it is now, it's basically a complicated method of Enter the Battlefield effects that feels interesting for the person using them, but in no way involves the second half of the people playing the game.

I'm pretty passionate about player interaction and adaptation, which is the very reason I left Hearthstone and MtG for TESL, but it seems like even TESL is going the route of "good decks play like Solitaire".

I dunno, we'll see. I'll give it one more set before I try looking for greener pastures. Or maybe the game I'm looking for doesn't exist, and I should just suck it up.

Prophecy, in particular, should actually be relatively powerful in the current standing of the game, as long-term decks (that is, ones that can best deal with Prophecy) are down, while aggro decks are common and powerful. So stuff your deck full of prophecies, and let your enemy fuel your win condition for you.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-07-02 at 10:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas Iíve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. Youíre a gem of the community here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post

5th Edition Homebrewery

Prestige Options, changing primary attributes while maintaining balance with default options.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yea I immensely enjoy the feeling of "you could easily loose your win con to a prophecied Piercing Javelin." that prevents enemies from going all face but the hasted minions my deck uses pushes it in a very different direction. Yea I like the game but the laddering system is weird. Depending on how MTGA manages its new mastery system (they basically cut their easy system for something more involved) I could switch to Legends completely.

Because the game oddly enough invokes a deeper sense of immersion into the world of Elder Scrolls than any RPG or MMO ever could. It has iconic characters, often the ability synergies are themed in a way that would make a RPG session around my specific game of cards viable. It's not like Magic where you throw Rakdos and Izzet cards together with creatures from Dominaria because it just makes a good aggro deck. There is no different plane. If an Orc Warrior attacks with Werewolf companions it kinda makes sense.