The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Annette Waters and the Bracelets of Devotion {HSHC} IC

Talking is pretty scarce once the horseless (or not) carriages start moving.

Soon enough, the castle of Hogwarts is in view. As you arrive at the castle, you proceed through the entryway and into the massive Great Hall. The tables are all set up, gleaming plates on the tables, though, as is customary, there is no food yet. You all get seated at your tables, separated by House, and await the start of the evening.

Chatting amiably with your housemates or the various ghosts, you hardly seem to notice the passage of time, and then the Hall grows silent as the first years are brought in for their Sorting, led by Professor Ada Ancercell, the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, and current Head of Gryffindor House.

A wooden stool is produced, and Professor Ancercell places the Sorring Hat upon it. As it always does, the Hat seems to gather in those before it, and the Hall at large. Then it opens a rip at it’s seem, and speaks.

“Though my duty be to divide you hence,
    Friends cannot be found upon a fence.
    Jealousy can widen cracks,
    And fear can throw you off your tracks.
    But remember these words of mine and you will see,
    Time moves far too quick to enemies be.”

The rip settles shut, and silence rings in the Great Hall.

Then Professor Ancercell steps in front of the first years, and your stomach, having remembered where you are and when, grumbles in complaint at having to wait for food.

Professor Ancercell calls out the first name, “Abernathy, Sarah.”

And the sorting begins.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    No roll for this transitory scene. Just continuing to build the world around you. Feel free to interact with housemates, come up with a couple of names (not too many, please) and basically have a little fun.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Lauren finds a carriage with some of the other Ravenclaw Quiddich team members, the Ravenclaw seeker (and seventh year) Brant, as well as the talented second year that he began coaching last year in replacing him, Aminah. The friendly faces cause Lauren to smile, and the two quickly scoot over to make room for her. "Hey Lu- Lauren! How was the summer?" the older student says once the carriage begins moving. "Hope four months in the muggle world hasn't dulled your chasing abilities."

"Hey now, my father has an office in Diagon Alley - I'm not muggle-born. And even if I was, my mother is the one cheering me on more, so I doubt she would let me slip," Lauren says, skin prickling slightly but just moving on. "Besides, I'm not the one who everyone has to rely on. You two been making sure that our team isn't going to be high and dry next year?"

The two students next to Lauren couldn't look more different. Brant was a tall boy, easily a head above most of the other students. If he let his hair grow out, it would be blond, but he always kept it short - "an aerodynamically efficient hairstyle" he would always say if anyone commented on it. To Lauren, he almost looked like he belonged more in a military as an officer, not at a school of teenagers. Aminah by contrast was a short girl, easy to lose in a crowd, doubly so when her dark hair would help her disappear among the robes of other students. But, that small size and general quickness caught Brant's eye as he was sitting in on a flying class in spring, and now the girl was effectively his apprentice.

The group banter and catch up, only going quiet once the sorting hat begins its song. "What do you guys think this year's song was about? The beginning is clearly about unity, but time and enemies?"
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Elizabeth has barely had time to settle into her seat before she's swept up in a huge from an enormous girl. "Liiiiiz where were you? You didn't join us on the train I was so worried!"

Elizabeth extracts herself from the python embrace. "Hi Vicky. I appreciate the concern, but uh...there's a new girl and I thought she could use some company that isn't insane at least for the train ride."

"What, hanging out with a firstie over me? I'm hurt, Liz," she jokes as she takes a seat.

"That's the thing," Elizabeth said in a low, conspiratorial tone. "She's actually our age...and from America, I believe. And she's pretty cute," she added with a giggle.

Vicky rolls her eyes. "Now it makes sense. Ditched for a pretty girl," she replies, wiping a nonexistent tear from her eye. "Ugh, new topic! So dad and I spent most of the summer abroad - spent maybe a month living with his cousin in Florence, and we got to see the sights..." she launched into her vacation story, with Elizabeth nodding along and occasionally asking questions. It was easier to talk about than more local news, and Victoria certainly loved to talk.
    (WW/Mafia) Mansion Murder Mystery is recruiting!

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Well well well, if it isn't the Mudblood *****. Did you have the decency to wipe you feet this time, or will you continue to track your filth all over our esteemed school?

Carmen sighed, rolling her eyes. Already at it, you blond bimbo? she asked, turning to address the girl speaking to her, an attractive blond student, a prefect badge on her chest. Well congratulations, she said, glancing at the badge. Your knees must be so sore from how many ***** you sucked to pull that off. You should be proud, not everyone can hold their breath for so long.

The blond girl went red, advancing and poking Carmen in the chest. Don't think you'll get away with what you pulled last year Mudblood. she hissed. You almost single handedly lost us the House Cup, and I'm not going to let you do that again! Carmen grabbed her wrist, stepping closer and staring down at her.

Oh please, she said, squeezing her wrist painfully, causing the girl to go white. You? Doing something about me? When push comes to shove, you'll get on back and spread your legs like the *****. You. Are. Carmen released her, letting the girl stagger backwards. But you are in luck. I'm sure by now the teachers have realized how pointless it is to take points away from me. So you'll get your shot at the cup. But cross me, and I'll make sure you regret it. The girl looked away in fear, and as Carmen looked around at the rest of her classmates, she saw them do the same. She scoffed and sat back down, turning her attention to the Sorting and seeing if any of the new Slytherins would be worth recruiting as minions.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Faith takes a seat at the Ravenclaw table, ignoring the murmurs around her as she fixes her gaze on the Sorting Hat.

"They gave her the Prefect badge? Wow..."

"Guess it pays to be the teacher's pet, even if you're..."

"As if we'll trust the infamous Faith Smythe. Oh, right, that's not her real name, is it?"

As the first stanza of the song concludes, Faith unconsciously raises one eyebrow. That was a clear warning, but it seems uncertain as to the danger. The Sorting Hat has been oddly prophetic before...
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Lauren looks over to Faith. ”You seem pretty interested in the song as well. Care to analyze it with us?”

Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Faith blinks and looks over at Lauren in surprise. "...It may still be reacting to the repercussions of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's attack and defeat two years ago," she begins after a short pause, "but from what I understand the Sorting Hat generally gives warnings oriented towards the future. Perhaps inter-House rivalry will become unusually intense this year?" Faith suggests, shrugging her shoulders slightly.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

After the last of the first years was sorted into her house, (Yanda, Evelyn, Gryffindor), the Sorting Hat was removed, and Professor McGonagall stood to address the school.

“To our new students, welcome. And to our returning student body, welcome back. Before we begin the feast, there are a few announcements to make. Firstly, I have once again been reminded that the products of Weasly’s Wizarding Wheezes are still banned items for all students. These include the Skiving Snackboxes, which will result in strict disciplinary action should it be found you are distributing or consuming.

“Second. Heads of House will set dates for Quidditch team tryouts, and it should be known that we have increased the strength of the defensive spells on the school’s broom cupboards, should any of you attempt a repeat of last years attempt to steal the school brooms for your tryouts.

“Third, as we have continued on in the efforts of rebuilding our school, we have had to leave certain parts of the castle’s defenses active as some lingering effects of Dark magic still linger. I advise all of you to avoid those areas, lest you get yourself or others injured.”

With that, McGonagall clapped her hands, and called out, “Now, let the feast begin!

She swept her arms out as she spoke, and the tables sagged and groaned as massive dishes heaped with food appeared before you. Students immediately began scooping massive amounts of food into their plates, or filling goblets with juices of all kinds. A few students got up from the tables and went to eat with friends.

And in the chatter and movement, you are certain that one girl won’t be going anywhere.

Spoiler: Scene Five
    Show
    The feast is always a great time, make sure Annette has a good time too!

Allure D6. Find a pleasant topic to chat about. +1VP
    Conflict D6. Save your favorite dessert for Annette. +1 VP
    Luck D6. You still have a couple of Chocolate Frogs from the train. Share a moment with Annette opening them. +1 VP

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

As the table fills with food, Lauren makes a bee-line for several of the deserts, namely the fruit tarts, before getting the rest of her food. They go fast, after all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict

Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Faith takes a moment to try and center herself as the tables fill with food, feeling rather drained already from the events of the day. She gathers a random assortment of foods before turning towards where Annette is currently sitting. I've already made a fool of myself multiple times in front of her, and she doesn't like talking about herself, so maybe I should just leave her alone, but... people like to talk about things that interest them. She said her favorite subject was Alchemy, though she wasn't very enthusiastic... still, maybe...

Hesitantly, Faith sits down across the table and slightly to one side of Annette, leaving her plenty of room to ignore her if the other girl so desired. "Um, hello again," she begins quietly, fidgeting slightly. The noise and bustle of the Hogwarts Opening Feast always got to her slightly, and due to the somewhat chaotic events of that day her defenses against it were lower than usual. "You mentioned Alchemy was your favorite subject before," she continues abruptly. "Hogwarts offers Alchemy as a class in sixth and seventh year, so I don't have any personal experience with the subject, but I had the chance to speak with Professor Bacon about the subject last year, and he had some interesting things to say about the alkahests his students were then developing in their classes."

Show
    My information on Alchemy at Hogwarts came from a quick Google search and The Harry Potter Lexicon, and I couldn't find a name for the Alchemy professor so I chose the last name of a historical alchemist. If any of these are stepping out of line, I can remove them.

Going for Allure, and Activating Thaw Out to give myself a +2 to the roll.

Since I'm only referencing an authority figure, I'm assuming that Connections does not apply to this roll; if it does, that's another +2, for a final bonus of +4.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Carmen ate sedately, her nerves taunt. She hated the great feast. Every time somebody would try-that! Carmen spun in her seat her hand clamping down on a boy's wrist, who had been about to dump an ice cream sundae down her back. You're lucky I caught you, she snarled, her hand tightening around the boy's wrist. If you had dropped that things would have gotten...messy. Now since I saved you some serious trouble you owe me a favor. You see that Griffindor girl over there? You're going to take this ice cream and give it to her, all while singing her praises. Because if you don't, then I'll have to do something else to get even with you, something much more painful. Understood?

Show
    Conflict, +2 for bruiser, +2 for Fearsome Reputation
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    As the table fills with food, Lauren makes a bee-line for several of the deserts, namely the fruit tarts, before getting the rest of her food. They go fast, after all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict
    Lauren does indeed get quite a few of the pastries before they are gone. And as she does, she sees a young Ravenclaw boy going over to talk to Annette. And, oh boy, this probably isn’t going to go well...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Faith takes a moment to try and center herself as the tables fill with food, feeling rather drained already from the events of the day. She gathers a random assortment of foods before turning towards where Annette is currently sitting. I've already made a fool of myself multiple times in front of her, and she doesn't like talking about herself, so maybe I should just leave her alone, but... people like to talk about things that interest them. She said her favorite subject was Alchemy, though she wasn't very enthusiastic... still, maybe...

Hesitantly, Faith sits down across the table and slightly to one side of Annette, leaving her plenty of room to ignore her if the other girl so desired. "Um, hello again," she begins quietly, fidgeting slightly. The noise and bustle of the Hogwarts Opening Feast always got to her slightly, and due to the somewhat chaotic events of that day her defenses against it were lower than usual. "You mentioned Alchemy was your favorite subject before," she continues abruptly. "Hogwarts offers Alchemy as a class in sixth and seventh year, so I don't have any personal experience with the subject, but I had the chance to speak with Professor Bacon about the subject last year, and he had some interesting things to say about the alkahests his students were then developing in their classes."

Show
    My information on Alchemy at Hogwarts came from a quick Google search and The Harry Potter Lexicon, and I couldn't find a name for the Alchemy professor so I chose the last name of a historical alchemist. If any of these are stepping out of line, I can remove them.

Going for Allure, and Activating Thaw Out to give myself a +2 to the roll.

Since I'm only referencing an authority figure, I'm assuming that Connections does not apply to this roll; if it does, that's another +2, for a final bonus of +4.
    Annette doesn’t say anything at first. In fact, it seems like a painfully long time before she does speak.Look, I appreciate what you’re trying to do. Really, I do. But why are you doing this?

But before Faith can respond, a young Ravenclaw boy squeezes between the two of you, and sets down an ice cream.

“H-hi. You’re so pretty, I just had to say hi.”

And before another word could be said, the boy suddenly turns and runs out of the Hall.

What the hell was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Carmen ate sedately, her nerves taunt. She hated the great feast. Every time somebody would try-that! Carmen spun in her seat her hand clamping down on a boy's wrist, who had been about to dump an ice cream sundae down her back. You're lucky I caught you, she snarled, her hand tightening around the boy's wrist. If you had dropped that things would have gotten...messy. Now since I saved you some serious trouble you owe me a favor. You see that Griffindor girl over there? You're going to take this ice cream and give it to her, all while singing her praises. Because if you don't, then I'll have to do something else to get even with you, something much more painful. Understood?

Show
    Conflict, +2 for bruiser, +2 for Fearsome Reputation
    The boy, a Ravenclaw, just nodded before rushing off. You watch him as he goes. He presses between Annette and Faith, says something to her, and then he rushes off.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Lauren watches the interaction and, confused, gets up to run after the boy.

Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Carmen gives a small smile as she sees the boy run away, and finishes her plate of food. She wanders off to go check on some of her favorite places to hang out in the castle.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Lauren watches the interaction and, confused, gets up to run after the boy.
    Lauren watches as the boy runs out of the hall. But before she can follow the boy, there is the sound of a spoon rapping on a goblet to get everyone's attention.

Carmen gives a small smile as she sees the boy run away, and finishes her plate of food. She wanders off to go check on some of her favorite places to hang out in the castle.
    Carmen, pleased with the night's events begins to get up from the table, but doesn't get much farther than standing before a spoon raps on a goblet to get everyone's attention.

"May I have your attention please!" calls the voice of Professor McGonagall. "A few last words before we turn in for the night."

"Mister Filch has informed me of several new items that have been added to his list of forbidden objects. I note that the majority of them are from Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. SHould you desire to see the list, he assures me he has a most comprehensive list posted to his office door."

"Quidditch tryouts will be held two weks from now, your Heads of House and the Captains will post exact times in you House common rooms."

Professor McGonagall seems to gather herself for a moment. "As you all know, the events of the last few years have been trying. On all of us. The war against Lord Voldemort, the subsequent rooting out of his Death Eaters. The Battle of Hogwarts. But we emerged triumphant, and the rebuilding of our school is a symbol to the rest of the Wizarding world that we will not let the darkness claim us. As we begin our new term, I urge all of you to continue building your friendships. Forge new friends here in your time at Hogwarts. Strive to be everything I know you have within each of you to be. Yes, even you Devlon." This last remark was in response to a snigger from Devlon Haimes, a sixth year who had a penchant for finding trouble with at least four teachers every year.

"Do not forget. This year marks the start of our new future. A future free from the shadow of ark magic that has plagued us for nearly a quarter of a century. So. Make this year a good one. For you, for your friends. For your school. For your families."

"Good night."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Lauren pauses to listen to the headmaster's speech, before quickly running out of the room after the boy. (If you want a check, Lauren does have Athletic)

Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Carmen grins, Well it'll be a good year for me at least. she murmured to herself, before heading to Filch's office. The man had an eye for quality wizarding goods, and his list was the best way to know the top stuff on the market.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Faith opens her mouth to answer Annette's question, but no sound comes out. After far too long, Headmistress McGonagall stands up to make her speech, and Faith excuses herself, murmuring something about her duties as Prefect just in case anyone was listening.

Stupid. Stupid. Why did I do that? I've been nothing but a bother to her all day. Why would she want to talk to me now? Faith thinks to herself as she begins calling together the Ravenclaw first-years with the other Prefect. It was already too late; and now... now she'll hear about me.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Lauren pauses to listen to the headmaster's speech, before quickly running out of the room after the boy. (If you want a check, Lauren does have Athletic)
    Unfortunately, by the time the headmistress is finished and you dash out, the boy is nowhere to be seen. Fortunately, there are only so many ways to get to Ravenclaw’s dormitory. You’re fairly certain you know what the boy looks like, and so all you do is hope to make it there before... Ah! There he is!

Carmen grins, Well it'll be a good year for me at least. she murmured to herself, before heading to Filch's office. The man had an eye for quality wizarding goods, and his list was the best way to know the top stuff on the market.
    The list, as promised, is hanging on a rather thick nail tacked to Argus Filch’s door. And it would have to be that way too, considering how much parchment needs to be held up. There has to be at least sixteen or seventeen feet of parchment on the door. And worst of all, it seems that this year, Filch has redone the list without any care for organization. There are things on this list that you are certain have to have been made up. But you do spot a few things you recognize. U-No-Poo, Skiving Snackboxes, Spellcheck Quills, Vanishing Heads, in fact, reading through it, you recognize most of the Weasley’s inventory on the list.

Faith opens her mouth to answer Annette's question, but no sound comes out. After far too long, Headmistress McGonagall stands up to make her speech, and Faith excuses herself, murmuring something about her duties as Prefect just in case anyone was listening.

Stupid. Stupid. Why did I do that? I've been nothing but a bother to her all day. Why would she want to talk to me now? Faith thinks to herself as she begins calling together the Ravenclaw first-years with the other Prefect. It was already too late; and now... now she'll hear about me.
    You begin, along with the other prefects, to show the first years up to the Ravenclaw common room.

You warn them about moving stairs, and you aren’t sure if they quite heard you talking about skipping certain stairs. And then you are sure they didn’t hear you as several of them get stuck in them. After extricating these poor little kids, who, for some reason, just don’t look old enough to be going to Hogwarts, you continue on your trek up toward Ravenclaw Spire. As you reach the fourth floor landing, the Ravenclaws go one way, and the Gryffindors go the other. As you turn back to make sure the right students are going the right ways, you spot Annette, talking with one of the Gryffindor prefects. She reaches the landing, and as she looks both ways, trying to acquaint herself with the layout, she sees you. And you’re pretty sure you saw a smile as she turned to follow her fellow Gryffindors up toward their tower.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey, what were you in such a rush to leave about?" Lauren says as she spots the other student. "You started talking to my friend out of nowhere and then scampered off."

Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

"--several intangible, adhesive, or otherwise inadvisable steps situated throughout the building," Faith was explaining to the younger students as they made their way steadily upwards. "It would be an inefficient use of time to point out or otherwise explain them all. You are Ravenclaws, members of the House that prizes intelligence above all others; bend your mind to the task and I am certain you will..."

...Had she smiled?

...at Faith?

Faith clears her throat. "Ahem, will be able to mark and avoid the steps yourselves in short order. Ravenclaw tower is further along and up, we are nearly there now." She turns and begins leading the group with perhaps a little bit more spring in her step than a moment before.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey, what were you in such a rush to leave about?" Lauren says as she spots the other student. "You started talking to my friend out of nowhere and then scampered off."
    “I... well, what’s it matter to you?”

"--several intangible, adhesive, or otherwise inadvisable steps situated throughout the building," Faith was explaining to the younger students as they made their way steadily upwards. "It would be an inefficient use of time to point out or otherwise explain them all. You are Ravenclaws, members of the House that prizes intelligence above all others; bend your mind to the task and I am certain you will..."

...Had she smiled?

...at Faith?

Faith clears her throat. "Ahem, will be able to mark and avoid the steps yourselves in short order. Ravenclaw tower is further along and up, we are nearly there now." She turns and begins leading the group with perhaps a little bit more spring in her step than a moment before.
    You arrive at the entry to Ravenclaw Spire. You reach up and grasp the knocker. When you release it, the eagle head in the door opens its beak.

You measure my life in hours and I serve you by expiring. I’m quick when I’m thin and slow when I’m fat. The wind is my enemy.

“Oh, great,” says the other prefect. “Looks like it’s going to be a year of riddles again. You have any idea?”
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2019-09-17 at 09:15 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

"Because she's my friend, and she didn't seem to know the person who ran up to her, and promptly ran away. We're in the same house, so if this is going to be a problem later, I want it to be cut out sooner than later, before it reflects badly on the rest of us."

Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder if he misses them, Carmen mused out loud, memorizing the more interesting sounding of the prank items.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Faith thinks for a moment before nodding to herself. Then she turns to the assembled first years. "Does anyone here have an answer?"

She waits politely for anyone to offer. If there are no takers (or if no one comes up with the correct answer), she turns back to the door. "The correct answer is a candle."
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

"Because she's my friend, and she didn't seem to know the person who ran up to her, and promptly ran away. We're in the same house, so if this is going to be a problem later, I want it to be cut out sooner than later, before it reflects badly on the rest of us."
    The boy gives you a look, as though gauging what to say. After a minute, he says, “I’m not the problem.”

Then without another word, he turns and walks away.

Faith thinks for a moment before nodding to herself. Then she turns to the assembled first years. "Does anyone here have an answer?"

She waits politely for anyone to offer. If there are no takers (or if no one comes up with the correct answer), she turns back to the door. "The correct answer is a candle."
    “Quite,” the knocker says. “And kind of you to offer others the chance to answer.” The door to the common room swings open, allowing you entrance to the common room.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

”The hell is that supposed to mean!?” Lauren yells after him. It that she expected a response. If he was being this secretive, nothing but a few choice spells would get him talking, and she wasn’t going to go that route on day 0 of her year here... ”Guess I have unpacking to do anyway...” she sighs to herself.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-09-24 at 04:04 PM.

Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Carmen wander the school aimlessly. She didn't really want to head back to her dormitory yet, but she'd didn't really have anything to do either.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

"Thank you," Faith responds evenly. She found it was simpler just to be polite to anything capable of speech. "The riddle will change periodically," she says to the assembled first-years. "One answer will open the door for anyone waiting, so cooperation will be to your benefit. Welcome to the Ravenclaw Common room." Gesturing to her fellow prefect to lead the way inside, she moves aside for the first-years, entering the common room last.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

A rather uneventful night (compared to the rest of the day prior) you awaken and head down into the Great Hall. There, as you make your way to your tables for breakfast, you are greeted by your head of House, whereupon you are given your course schedules.

Time to compare!

Spoiler: Scene Six
    Show
    How many classes do you share with the target of your affection?

Unopposed skill roll!

Results:

1-4: You have one class with Annette. 1 VP
    5-6: You share 2 classes with the Gryffindor. 2 VP
    7-8: 3 classes? What luck! 3 VP
    9+: How is this possible? We share almost the entire day! 3 VP plus a +1 bonus to your next Skill roll.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!