New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Western Woods, Out of the box. Ic

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    following Ezren and Kyra out, then looking at Keridan heading down the road and begins to follow Keridan.
    Keridan takes the road leading north out of town, that lead to the lumber camps. Going about 25 yards. Off to one side, he finds a stump he can sit on facing southward toward Falcon's Hallow. Awaiting those that he has been forced to throw in with, by the Gavin. Under the circumstances, he understands the need for the mission they have been task with. He just didn't like the way it had went down. With his free will having been impinged upon. As ever, the half-elf has his highly attuned senses on alert.

Perception: (1d20+10)[15]
    Wisdom & Courage,
    <==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Keridan hears voices approaching from the north. Does he conceal himself?

Sam: The kender tries to follow the path of the ranger. Roll 1d100 to determine distractions.

---

The cleric and wizard look around town. The church spires aren't hard to locate.

There are two churches, on the same side of the street, separated by a general store. Both the churches seem busy, the general store less so.

One church has a sign proclaiming "First Church of Light" and has a symbol of Iomedae.

The other church's sign says "Faith Church of Light" and has a symbol of Sarenrae.
    General purpose Avengers: Endgame and G.O.T 8.3 spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >

]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Distraction (1d100)[97], Concentration (1d20-2)[3], Listen (1d20+4)[11] checks

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

(love how distraction + concentration = 100. )

"Excuse me! Child? Are you lost?"

The kender turns to find a tall man in banded mail walking towards her, an expression of concern on his face. He comes close and swats to look her over.

"Are you alright? A little one shouldn't be out alone with all of this sickness about...oh! Forgive me. I thought you were a child. I'm Abraham Stone, paladin of Heironeous."

Spoiler:
    Show
    <The short Stark pulls a slick move to get the weapon to the other hand, then with one final stroke disintegrates the Big Bad and takes out his army. >

]

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    Keridan hears voices approaching from the north. Does he conceal himself?
    The Half-Elf makes no attempt to hide. Once he identifies that those who are speaking are no immediate threat. He merely moves 25 feet our so, further off the road. Just in case they are sick like a good number of people in Falcon's Hollow are. (What I imagine Keridan is seeing is that there are just stumps as far as one can see. Except on the northern horizon where you can see a thin ribbon of green. Which is were the forest is currently being chopped down. Is that pretty much the case?)
    Wisdom & Courage,
    <==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Not really. The Jacks are highly selective in what the cut. It is a mature, mixed forest and only a few species are worth harvesting and the expense of transport.

A party of 4 pass by on the way to town. A portly human, a goblin who isn't bothering to disguise himself, a pale elf woman, and a human in black scalemail.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

(love how distraction + concentration = 100. )

"Excuse me! Child? Are you lost?"

The kender turns to find a tall man in banded mail walking towards her, an expression of concern on his face. He comes close and swats to look her over.

"Are you alright? A little one shouldn't be out alone with all of this sickness about...oh! Forgive me. I thought you were a child. I'm Abraham Stone, paladin of Heironeous."
    I am fine, I am off to meet a pointy eared fellow up the road, I was following him but got distracted.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Perhaps I can help you find him. The north road is this way. " As they stroll along, he asks, [COLOR="#800080"["Where are you going on the road"?[/COLOR]

Spoiler:
    Show

]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

"Perhaps I can help you find him. The north road is this way. " As they stroll along, he asks, [COLOR="#800080"["Where are you going on the road"?[/COLOR]
    He said meet him outside of the north end of town. not to far I think as there are others coming as well

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

What are you and these others planning to do?

Spoiler:
    Show

]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

waliking along she is looking for the ranger (spot (1d20+6)[23]) pick some berries mushrooms and things

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

How well do you know this pointed ear fellow? You can buy berries at the general store.

You pass a human in black armor, a pale elf woman, a fat human, and a goblin in a black cloak...

You see the ranger in the trees off of the road.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

How well do you know this pointed ear fellow? You can buy berries at the general store.

You pass a human in black armor, a pale elf woman, a fat human, and a goblin in a black cloak...

You see the ranger in the trees off of the road.
    on spotting the ranger, ignoring the mans comments, turning off the road and goes over to the ranger. Well there you are, the others should be along soon I hope.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The paladin follows her to the "pointed eared fellow".

Hello. I'm Abraham.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Returning to where he had been before, next to the road. After the others heading to town, pass by. Keridan can hear and see them stopping to converse with the female kender. He was glad that he decided to take steps that allowed him to avoid being grilled by them like she was being. A nosey bunch, that.

Waiting for the others, his mind continued. His mind continued pondering things along those lines. He wondered where she had come from? As he had never come across her kind before. Halflings, yes of course, but never a Kender. The little he knew of them, was not good. They were said to be duplicidous in nature. In a absent minded sort of way. One need to always be mindful around them. Lest they walk off with ones belongs. Thinking, since you were not using them at the moment. That you no longer wanted it. Giving them license to take them for themselves.
    Last edited by Wulfnor; 2019-07-12 at 05:00 AM.
    Wisdom & Courage,
    <==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

(having problems selecting colors on mobile) Hello, I'm Abraham says the armored man to Keridan.

Spoiler:
    Show

]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

June wanders around looking at Abraham and his gear as he speaks

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hello, I'm Abraham says the armored man to Keridan.
    Keridan had thought his behavior before hand, would of communicated that he was not interested in interacting with anyone new. Thus he gave armored man a slight nod of his head in response and turned, walking another fifty feet further north up the road.
    Wisdom & Courage,
    <==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Any word from the wizard?

Kyra approaches the temple of Sarenrae, hoping to get a quick prayer in before their journey. She patiently waits her turn at the busy altar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: re Wizard
    Show
    All I know about him is that this is his first pbp game and he runs a real estate company.

Cleric: Patience isn't required as the crowd sees your symbol and part for you. Some give you hopeful looks.
    As you enter an acolyte sees you and scurries to the door of the next room. She calls for "Mother Meriam".

The woman who comes forth is wearing a healer's apron and a tired look. As she approaches you can tell by her reinment that her rank is level 5.

She, uncharacteristically for one of such rank, dispenses with pleasantries. Why have you come?

In the woods: The paladin is a bit peeved at being ignored. To the kender he asks Have you known him long?

Spoiler:
    Show

]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

In the woods: The paladin is a bit peeved at being ignored. To the kender he asks Have you known him long?
    well in the grand scale of time, I have known you less, though he apparently wants to be off over there. so I guess waiting for the others is all that is left to do for now.

22. - Top - End - #52

BarbarianGuy

Kyra bows her head in deference to the Temple Matron. "My new allies and I have been tasked by the apothecary to gather the necessary ingredients to help cure the horrid blight on your village. I wish to pray to our Lady Sarenrae at a proper altar beforehand, so that Her Light may guide us. I apologize if I caused a disturbance in this time of need."
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

How many others are you meeting?

---

Thank you Sister. What is you name? ... We are quite overwhelmed here. I can't offer you any more support than my prayers and perhaps a meal when you return. There is a wandering paladin in town, Abraham. Serves one of the foreign gods. And Isabel, she recently arrived. Serves Obai-hai. We've got enough Temples of Light in this town already, but she seems a good sort. You might find her at The Weary Traveler’s Inn

Spoiler:
    Show

]

24. - Top - End - #54

BarbarianGuy

"My name is Kyra, and your prayers are most appreciated. When we next return, I hope I can help lift some of your burden. This Isabel sounds like a pleasant woman, perhaps my allies will not mind another small detour if it is on the way to our first stop. Thank you for your Company, May Sarenrae's Light shine on you and yours." Once again bowing, Kyra proceeds to pray at the altar for a few minutes, then takes her leave, so as not to hold up her comrades and delay the cure any longer than necessary.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

How many others are you meeting?
    let me see pointing to the ranger, him, then I think two others who were doing other things, before coming here.
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-07-13 at 01:16 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Keridan stands ready to string his longbow and shoot an arrow at the large armored fellow. If he gets it in his mind to molest the wee female kender. One never knows what type of perverts on can find in a place like this.
    Wisdom & Courage,
    <==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

27. - Top - End - #57
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Kyra; I think it is time we meet up with the others and find the tree. " Ezren leaves the temple and heads north out of town.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

They arrive at the woods on the north end of town to find the ranger and kender in the trees off the side of the road.

The kender is talking with a tall armored human man in a talbard. He is wearing a holy symbol. (know: religion)

He looks at the new comers. Hello. I'm Abraham Stone. Why are you gathering in the woods?

Spoiler:
    Show

]

29. - Top - End - #59

RedWizardGuy

A pleasure to meet you Mr. Stone I am Ezren and these are my new companions Kyra, Keridan and June. It seems this small town is plagued by a.....ahem... plague. The local Gavel has volun-told us to gather some ingredients for the local apothecary. Wait! His name is Stone something as well, perhaps a relative of yours? In any case what brings you to this place. A family reunion perhaps?

30. - Top - End - #60

RedWizardGuy

Religious symbol (1d20)[9]