The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Saving the game in Metro Exodus on Ranger Hardcore

I'm playing Metro Exodus in Ranger Hardcore and it is relatively fun. But sometimes I want to go scavenging in an open area and don't get any auto saves for ages.

In Ranger Hardcore, you can not quicksave. The game also does not save when you quit. Any way to get the game to do an autosave in a predictable way? It only seems to save when you progress in the story relevant indoor areas and after plot events.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Saving the game in Metro Exodus on Ranger Hardcore

From a quick search, it saves whenever you sleep and when you clean your gun. Is this accurate?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Saving the game in Metro Exodus on Ranger Hardcore

Sleeping works. Workbench alone does not, but I think I didn't try cleaning yet.

I'm not completely opposed to a save point system, but for a game mode that is so hardcore about being a simulation, having to sleep 23 hours after just doing a 10 minute thing really isn't helping.

Though I think there is a bigger issue in general. Having you die in two hits by anything makes you play more cautious. But when you reach a difficult spot, that means you will be repeating the same 2 minute sequence over and over and over. And with this game this can mean several minutes of loading screens. That's the complete opposite of immersion.
    Not being able to quicksave makes the game flow worse, not better.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.