The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Requiem for a Skyrim character

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    I like how veti and Kaptin Keen are questioning the logic and the intent behind Lord Raziere's preferred playstyle while justifying their opinion with "some people just like to have fun" and "willing suspension of disbelief", yet the whole discussion arose from the idea that Skyrim is somehow insurmountably hard to progress in if you don't play it safe from stealth and distance.

All the guy seems to say is that Skyrim would be really boring if that were really the case and every playthrough defaulted to stealth archer, or if everyone's sensibilities on what is fun or whether realism is important had to be the same.
    Hey, my first character in OG Skyrim, was a Breton in light armor who wield a sword in one hand and magic in the other, she got to level 40 something. my first Special edition character, is an orc, has heavy armor, two-hander, became a vampire, is level 60 something. my third character, is a pure mage build, wields staff of magnus, wears Morokei and archmages robes, knows lots of spells, also a vampire. they are currently level 45 (though admittedly after not playing the mage one for a while, there seems to be some problems adapting to my current mods when I logged on to them last night, but they were always squishy so I think its just a matter of finagling up some better defense through Shenanigans™). but these latter two characters are also when I start modding the heck out of skyrim se, so.....these next characters are even more modded than that:
    -Naneko Uchiha, my level 33 or so Uchiha race sword and magic user who exclusively uses spells, armor and weapons and sharigan abilities from two naruto mods. generally whenever I encounter something incredibly powerful I can't beat normally with chidori, Tsukuyomi or black fire takes care of it.

-Tessha the time-traveling dwemer, a heavily armored crossbow and laser gun user who rides a motorcycle, has aetherial staff and crown, and four robot companions to help her kill things. no stealth at all and seems to be near-immune to magic. about level 22 ish.

-a bunch of others that I haven't played as much and most don't reach beyond level 10, but are there. highlights include recreations of Sans and Bowsette, an angel, a demon, a half-dragon werewolf, and one race that is designed to look and play like an actual anime character even more than the uchiha one (which still looks a skyrim human it just has different mechanics), no I do not know how my suspension of disbelief survives the contrast between skyrim human and anime human interacting either and I don't care.

all I'm saying is that I never had to go full stealth archer ever, and I've had fun with it. and perhaps that involves a lot of modifying the game to make sure what I want is made viable or more viable. and sure maybe you can say thats not really legit if your modifying it so much that it doesn't resemble ordinary skyrim at all. but me? if I have to modify it so much to make sure that more than just one build is viable and the result of the modifications is more fun? well, that tells me all I need to know about how fun base skyrim really is, at least to me. I'm sure you can all have fun playing hide-and-snipe for the hundredth time for your own reasons, I'm just saying that my experiences has not shown me that hide sniper is inevitable.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    -Tessha the time-traveling dwemer, a heavily armored crossbow and laser gun user who rides a motorcycle, has aetherial staff and crown, and four robot companions to help her kill things. no stealth at all and seems to be near-immune to magic. about level 22 ish
    Whoa whoa whoa there. Riding a mf motorcycle??! Can you please link me that mod?? And thank you.

Also I agree that it is not inevitable that you become a sharpshooter in Skyrim

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Varen_Tai View Post
    It has literally been over 2 years since I lost him. I have no idea where I left him else I'd be able to go there and get him back. ;)

There is a console code (for PC) that will teleport you to him.

press the "`" button

type in (the spacing is important)

player.moveto 00052535

Save first though, if barbas is dead you get trapped somewhere weird.....

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMF View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa there. Riding a mf motorcycle??! Can you please link me that mod?? And thank you.

Also I agree that it is not inevitable that you become a sharpshooter in Skyrim
    behold:
    dwarven motorcycle mod

It also allows you to drive a tricycle, a tractor, and cars to, but I haven't driven those yet and stick to the motorcycle. it also comes with a dwemer mistress for a follower thats looks like a draugr. can't do anything about that.

also while the motorcycle mods works, it has constant gear sounds around it that sometimes swap for horse sounds randomly as a bug, this can either be a good or bad thing depending on whether you like hearing Dwemer ruin clockwork.sfx running in the background of your cool motorcycle ride or dislike your bike suddenly neighing more and ruining the immersion of being on a dwemer bike. but hey at least its faster than riding a horse.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-07-23 at 01:31 PM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

But why do stealth archery when you can just spam super Destruction magic backed up by two Dremora Lords, Serena, whoever is following you at the time, and Shadowmere (who can take a whole load of damage and keep going)?

I love my mage.
    avvy by Abardam

Similes are like metaphors.