The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management) OOC

I can do that, no problem!
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

2. - Top - End - #572
    Firbolg in the Playground

Also, I contacted 2 new players, one of which has a character ready - I'm looking for some excuse to have him leap out of the woodwork at you all =D

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi!
    Your future lord Psion, Skimtop the Untitled greets all the nonmentally inclined here. He looks forward to working together.

Anyone mind giving me a quick summary of where and what is going on?
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

4. - Top - End - #574

Quote Originally Posted by Xenopax View Post
    Hi!
    Your future lord Psion, Skimtop the Untitled greets all the nonmentally inclined here. He looks forward to working together.

Anyone mind giving me a quick summary of where and what is going on?
    I can do that.

The tribe sent some of it's number south to scout and/or settle the lands there, because the shaman had a vision of the mountain exploding. Then he sobered up, and didn't really believe his own tall tales, so he stayed behind along with most of the others.

The scouting party has settled a series of caves - expansive, but not perfect for defence. They've scouted part of the valley you're in, finding three human villages, an elven .. thing, and a set of barrow mounds populated by ghouls. Also, an old fortress ruin.

The ghouls are interested in trade. They like old, 'powerful' bones - and they're clever enough to know that flesh that's still alive tends to fight back.

The elves left behind a series of fairly devious traps.

The humans live in their three villages, behind walls and .. garlic.

And the ruined castle is home to at least two vampires. One of these is female, and has requested a relic to be fetched from Brooksglade, one of the human settlements. The other is a big scary dude on a sleigh drawn by bears, no less.

Finally, the goblins are doing their own things, breeding spiders, brewing poison, building traps. Plink has a long string of titles for himself, but essentially they boil down to 'current chief'. Am I forgetting anything?

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Also the Barbarian (Justopin) and the Wizard (Me) have a very minor blood feud going on right now over who getís to keep a bow Hekx found.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought my wolf would stay and fight, lol. I was going to fall back and fire my bow at them. But if my wolf is like his master he'd take off too!
    Camel's Handbook

7. - Top - End - #577

Quote Originally Posted by Jopustopin View Post
    I thought my wolf would stay and fight, lol. I was going to fall back and fire my bow at them. But if my wolf is like his master he'd take off too!
    Oh .. sorry about that. I thought the panic was a sign that you wanted this combat to be over. I can retrofit, if you like?

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Will the larger group get back to the caves and meet with new PCs soon?
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-09-22 at 05:10 AM.

9. - Top - End - #579

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    Will the larger group get back to the caves and meet with new PCs soon?
    Yes. Although thus far, I've only received answer from one of the two potentials. Also, I was unsure whether you'd want to scout a bit deeper into Brooksglade.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    Yes. Although thus far, I've only received answer from one of the two potentials. Also, I was unsure whether you'd want to scout a bit deeper into Brooksglade.
    I think that Plink was the main one pushing that plan, and now his player isnít here anymore.

11. - Top - End - #581

I think that Plink was the main one pushing that plan, and now his player isnít here anymore.
    Oh .. ok. Classic example of 'stuff I can't really keep track of': Who plays which character. Very hard on my flaky memory. I'll post an update in a soonish fashion.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh .. sorry about that. I thought the panic was a sign that you wanted this combat to be over. I can retrofit, if you like?
    No, Gibs is just a coward. But this is kinda funny too. I like the idea of him crying out in the woods.
    Camel's Handbook

13. - Top - End - #583

Quote Originally Posted by Jopustopin View Post
    No, Gibs is just a coward. But this is kinda funny too. I like the idea of him crying out in the woods.
    Well - now that Holk and Stolzenberg are named NPC's, they're more likely to re-appear. So maybe Gibs will get another chance at not failing every roll the entire encounter =)

They're there for a reason, anyways, they're not just some random event I invented for Gibs' sake.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm thinking of having my dude head down to the dungeons and try to go fishing in thelake. by which I mean make other goblins go fishing while he watches. Opinions on if it's a good idea or bad?
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    Games that I am in

15. - Top - End - #585

I'm thinking of having my dude head down to the dungeons and try to go fishing in thelake. by which I mean make other goblins go fishing while he watches. Opinions on if it's a good idea or bad?
    I have previously informed the group that the tunnels below are .... 'safe' but 'uninteresting'. Obviously that's debatable, they're there for a reason after all. I'm all for exploring the below, however I might be throwing too many hooks out.

Current objectives include - but aren't limited to - the following:
    The Vampire Lady's Request
    The Elf Tomb Reliquary - which is technically not a tomb, but more of a ... oh, reliquary
    The Barrows and The Ghouls

Player objectives ditto:
    Spiders
    Wolves
    Control of the tribe - which is now open, with the absence of Chief Plink
    Traps
    Conquest - to Gibs' dismay, the total of easily conquerable foes has thus far been zero

Add to that loggers camps, whom so ever the loggers are fighting, hill giants, and the undercaves.

I mean, if anyone is losing track I totally get it.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Control of the tribe eh? Well as a Blue my dude is now shaman.

If it's safe then we have a decent food source. Are there any mushrooms we can sell? Also does the village have a beastmaster?
    Games that I am in

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I should say that Plink is officially here, just I played and therefore easy to coup unless other players go to defend him.

Also, Hekx is already the tribeís magic person, figure your own thing out.

We used to have a PC Druid who was beastmaster, presumably the Druid is still around just an NPC. The problem with trading food would be the lack of freindly groups we could trade with.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

We could begin teaching wolves tricks and ****. Sell em for a profit. Normal guard dogs sell for 25 GP.

Alternatively we could begin digging trenches around the goblin fort. Fill it with punji sticks etc
    Games that I am in

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Wait, how did Skimmbibble get an INT of 19 at level 1 with our rules? Did I miss something obvious?

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Used the Blue char gen which gave me 15 int. +4 from char gen = 19
    Games that I am in

21. - Top - End - #591

Used the Blue char gen which gave me 15 int. +4 from char gen = 19
    Oh .. hm, that might warrant a bit of looking in to. When everyone builds their guy on the totally generic goblin, it might be considered slightly less than fair that yours starts with the much better base stats of the Blue. Now that I think about it, that might also be where the +1 LA that I removed comes from.

So I feel I must ask you to scale that back to normal goblin stats. Sorry =(

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Tbf Iím not against him starting with these stats, I was just wandering if I missed something and this is fine.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh totally fine! Fixed it!
    Games that I am in

24. - Top - End - #594

Tbf Iím not against him starting with these stats, I was just wandering if I missed something and this is fine.
    But ... the point of having everyone start with the same basic template was so that the characters feel ... slightly more expendable. But now, if anyone does die, they'll want to roll a blue - if they know what they're doing.

Blues are only allowed if and when the GM introduces additional blue spiders (available for the steep price of asking for them).

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

But ... the point of having everyone start with the same basic template was so that the characters feel ... slightly more expendable. But now, if anyone does die, they'll want to roll a blue - if they know what they're doing.

Blues are only allowed if and when the GM introduces additional blue spiders (available for the steep price of asking for them).
    To be fair, if you have a rouge, ranger fighter or Dex-based class a regular is better. Int-based classes are the ones that benefit from blues.

Still itís your game, pick the rules you want.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

So do I keep old stats or go regular? Confusion moment!
    Games that I am in

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Also how are we looking when it comes to wood and such? Cause ima see if I can get some ditches dug
    Games that I am in

28. - Top - End - #598

So do I keep old stats or go regular? Confusion moment!
    Go regular. It's an oversight on my part, I hadn't noticed how high the blues stats were. I am open to swapping a couple of stats if the standard array works out poorly - that obviously goes for all characters.

Also how are we looking when it comes to wood and such? Cause ima see if I can get some ditches dug
    Close to 90% of the valley is covered in wood. You have more wood than you could ever want.

However, you're in a cave on a mountainside above the treeline. Ditches aren't really an option, sadly. Or, I mean, with enough work you could dig a trench in rock, but .. not with wooden tools =)

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. So we have to stick with spiked fences at best for now. Is there any metal in the cave? I know we can't mine it atm but for later
    Games that I am in

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

@Xenopax

Do you want to do some or with Hekx that involves you being assigned to the council/expedition team? Or do you want to skim that and weíll assume you are?