The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management) OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    I think ..... we need a list of IC objectives, and OOC objectives. In other words, Skog can train a squad of berserkers between missions, while going on missions. The two don't interfere with each other, it's ... downtime.

So, how about this:

Each goblin get's an IC project that all or some of the group can pursue - and an OOC project to be pursued alone, or with anyone with shared interests.

There's no obligation to have both, but .. well, having objectives will likely yield advantages as well as xp. Also, objectives could potentially be secret, I guess? Or not? How do you guys feel about ... some level of um, Darwinian group dynamics? It's vey goblin-y, of course, but on the other hand it's risky, from a group dynamics perspective.
    Hekxís Objectives:
    Brew more Poison
    Figure out more about riding
    Have a looksie at any regional landmarks that are interesting from an arcane or planar perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think ..... we need a list of IC objectives, and OOC objectives. In other words, Skog can train a squad of berserkers between missions, while going on missions. The two don't interfere with each other, it's ... downtime.

So, how about this:

Each goblin get's an IC project that all or some of the group can pursue - and an OOC project to be pursued alone, or with anyone with shared interests.

There's no obligation to have both, but .. well, having objectives will likely yield advantages as well as xp. Also, objectives could potentially be secret, I guess? Or not? How do you guys feel about ... some level of um, Darwinian group dynamics? It's vey goblin-y, of course, but on the other hand it's risky, from a group dynamics perspective.
    Could you elaborate more on what precisely you mean by 'Darwinian group dynamics'? I'm not quite sure I understand

And I like the split between the IC and OoC projects.

So Skog's current OoC project is training berserkers, I don't think he has an IC project currently
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    So does anyone else have any particular plans? We need to Scout out the church and do more throrough scouting of most areas but I donít have any more experiments for Hekx unless he unlocks 2nd level spells.

We could do with a little more gear, or increasing our capacity to produce gear with a fletcherís, a smithís, maybe a leatherworker and things of that nature. Do we want to start weakening the human presence in the area in preparation for total goblin rule? I feel like we could do with putting some more long term missions on the board instead of being purely reactive, maybe define a path to escape this vampire situation and begin secret scouting to find a way out.

Do any goblins have more personal drives or objectives theyíll be trying to get support with? Or should we delay the specifics until we are more certain as to the towns overall nature and see if there are any obvious targets for theft there?
    I completely agree. We need to prioritize and get organized.

How many of the goblins (if any, other than the PC's) could reasonably be considered "warriors" vs ?

Spoiler: What are our objectives?
    Show

I'm just collecting all of the ideas mentioned already in one spoiler, and adding a few of my own.

Finding a better (more defensible) home. If we play our cards right, we will be gaining population weekly.

Explore each of the human settlements

Identify hunting grounds/areas to avoid (Knowing which nasty critters live where, and in what numbers, I remember seeing that we avoided hill giants in our initial journey to the ruined castle). What predators live nearby?

Develop the specific defenses of our lair (traps, sentries, plans)

Identify competitors for resources. Are there other goblins/kobolds/orcs, etc in the area?

What about those marker stones?

Train warriors and scouts

Morale of the tribe- What, other than security, full bellies and dry beds do the masses want? Happy goblins are hard working (and less backstabby) goblins. f

Books and maps- Anything we can learn of the area, geography, legends, local history, important residents, possibly even arcane knowledge.. all will be useful. When possible, we should try to lay hands on things of this nature.

Are the humans all separate communities, or are they all part of a larger kingdom, barony or some such? Knowing the government type of these humans can help us predict their actions and reactions

Valuable resources we can produce- Gold, gems, ores, rare herbs. Not for individual enrichment, but potentially to trade.. or use as bribes.. or ransoms... or bait..

Produce weapons and armor and other useful things. (Infrastructure of the tribe, encompassing the fletcher, smith, leatherworker, etc that JBE mentioned)

Can we leverage simple allies? Using Soz' ability to speak with animals, could we arrange for certain local critters (I'm thinking birds, but others could be useful too) to augment our own sentries? If we feed and accommodate some minor critters, and Soz explains that she wants the critter to "If you see x, do y", we might get a little bit of advance warning when danger approaches.

The vampire(s)- In the short term, is it better to try to appease them/work toward their goals? (My vote for this is yes, fyi). Or, do our efforts need to be focused solely on extricating ourselves from that relationship entirely? (In my opinion, it would be better to wait until we have a greater understanding of what we're dealing with, but I'm open to suggestions). I seriously doubt that a long term mutually satisfying relationship is possible with them. But I'll be honest, the dude on the sleigh freaks me out, and I don't think we will easily be able to take him/them down. It's highly likely that we would at least be able to get some advantage from working with them, for now, but I could be deluding myself.

As far as Plink's immediate priorities, he wants to solidify his position, identify potential challenges/challengers, and help organize the tribe.

During down time, he wants to work on building traps to augment the defenses of the cave and improve the quality of their meals (Trapbuilding and Cooking).

His highest external (outside the Cave area) priority will be the scouting of all of the communities especially the one where the ring is kept.

As more ideas are provided, I'll add them to this spoiler and occasionally repost it for easy reference.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Could you elaborate more on what precisely you mean by 'Darwinian group dynamics'? I'm not quite sure I understand

And I like the split between the IC and OoC projects.

So Skog's current OoC project is training berserkers, I don't think he has an IC project currently
    Darwinian group dynamics basically translates into pvp.

And I'm not saying there should be pvp, but ... well, the option exists, and I figured it would be wise to have the discussion before someone decides they should be Chief in stead of the Chief. So .. what I'm asking is, what level of backstabbery is interesting?

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Darwinian group dynamics basically translates into pvp.

And I'm not saying there should be pvp, but ... well, the option exists, and I figured it would be wise to have the discussion before someone decides they should be Chief in stead of the Chief. So .. what I'm asking is, what level of backstabbery is interesting?
    I think PVP should be limited primarily by in-universe reasons rather than putting a blanket ban on it from outside. Anyone can do it, but unless they gather a lot of support behind that action they should be aware others are likely to counter and possibly kill or exile them. Iíve made my position clear in regards to lack of aspirations for leadership but I think allowing PvP raises the stakes and adds a good gobliny element to the game.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Colossus in the Playground

I think PVP should be limited primarily by in-universe reasons rather than putting a blanket ban on it from outside. Anyone can do it, but unless they gather a lot of support behind that action they should be aware others are likely to counter and possibly kill or exile them. Iíve made my position clear in regards to lack of aspirations for leadership but I think allowing PvP raises the stakes and adds a good gobliny element to the game.
    I'm fine with PvP, so long as it's handled maturely.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277

I'm good with PvP, with one caveat: I'd prefer it be a fair fight. I know goblins are backstabby and such, but if someone wants to take Skog down, I'd like it if he has a chance to fight back, at least. Rather than getting knifed in his sleep

Also, important note: I'm having difficulty RPing Skog. I don't claim to be a genius or anything, but he's just too dumb for me to work out how to play him. Not giving up on him yet, but I am having trouble

8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

I think I would agree with the rest of the group that PVP should be permitted, but with a certain degree of restraint.

For Krog's OOC project, I'm thinking a similar idea to Skog's, though instead of training berserkers, Krog would be training more disciplined, elite Goblin troops that would hopefully display some degree of loyalty to him in the event of a more successful coup or any other form of civil disobedience.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

I never really thought Gibs would live long enough to have any goals or what not. Kinda played him like a crazy person. I'm totally down, honestly, with PvP. But I'm not into simply killing people for no reason and usually will have a PM discussion about it with another person.

I think that unless both people are okay with it, then it should be allowed. But if someone doesn't want to participate in it, they need to adjust their role playing reason for creating a PvP situation or find some in character way of resolving it. For example, don't create the PvP situation in the first place if you don't want PvP.

Gibs is crazy but I find in character reasons to avoid conflict, such as talking loudly to his imaginary voice in his head. Totes easy brosephs!
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

OOC Project: Limit the spider breeding to produce a reduced population growth rate but ensure that only the strong specimens can breed, this selective breeding should give us stronger mounts in future while and specimens that need to be removed can be harvested for venom

IC Project: Scout our Brookglade, we need to know what weíre up against and there may be things worth stealing or sabotaging.

I think all the rest is stuff that naturally comes with levelling up.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-07-28 at 04:25 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I suppose I should rol animal handling (1d20-2)[5]

12. - Top - End - #282

How much XP for defeating Pipzy? Or would it go to Silkwhisper as it was pretty much entirely her.
    The actual encounter was not just Silkwhisper - everyone participated, and thus everyone receives XP. I figure everyone get's 250 xp.

Quote Originally Posted by pife View Post
    Oh good, since Hexz is checking out the cave, I'll just make sure to ask about it at some point. If I may, how far is it from the Three Caves tenement, and are there any other interesting/curious features near it?

I'm assuming that unless something else happens in the interim, that we will be returning to the cave en masse. Plink does make sure to note the two Pipzy supporters, marking them out in his head for watching.
    Pipzy's cave is the better part of a days travel from the Three Caves. It's not deep, but it was formed in some distant past by meltwater from above, which means that at the back of the cave there is a vertical 'chimney' on indeterminate hight, which is not easily climbed. Further exploration will be required - preferably with climbing tools, or by unusually suidical goblins.

So does anyone else have any particular plans? We need to Scout out the church and do more throrough scouting of most areas but I donít have any more experiments for Hekx unless he unlocks 2nd level spells.

We could do with a little more gear, or increasing our capacity to produce gear with a fletcherís, a smithís, maybe a leatherworker and things of that nature. Do we want to start weakening the human presence in the area in preparation for total goblin rule? I feel like we could do with putting some more long term missions on the board instead of being purely reactive, maybe define a path to escape this vampire situation and begin secret scouting to find a way out.

Do any goblins have more personal drives or objectives theyíll be trying to get support with? Or should we delay the specifics until we are more certain as to the towns overall nature and see if there are any obvious targets for theft there?
    Assume that the tribe has basic ability to create a bow, a sword, a suit of (ratty) leather armor. Increasing these abilities will require a source of information, and a source of materials.

You can easily send out scouts - no need for the PC's to go - but obviously any scouting party runs a risk of not returning.

Hekxís Objectives:
    Brew more Poison
    Figure out more about riding
    Have a looksie at any regional landmarks that are interesting from an arcane or planar perspective.
    Consider poison production to be up and running. For any sane use, you'll have enough. For insane use (poison the entire river, killing everything downstream - mwahahaha!!), assume rolls and stuff will be required.

What do you want to know about riding?

You already have at least 2-3 arcane landmarks.

I completely agree. We need to prioritize and get organized.

How many of the goblins (if any, other than the PC's) could reasonably be considered "warriors" vs ?

Spoiler: What are our objectives?
    Show

I'm just collecting all of the ideas mentioned already in one spoiler, and adding a few of my own.

Finding a better (more defensible) home. If we play our cards right, we will be gaining population weekly.

Explore each of the human settlements

Identify hunting grounds/areas to avoid (Knowing which nasty critters live where, and in what numbers, I remember seeing that we avoided hill giants in our initial journey to the ruined castle). What predators live nearby?

Develop the specific defenses of our lair (traps, sentries, plans)

Identify competitors for resources. Are there other goblins/kobolds/orcs, etc in the area?

What about those marker stones?

Train warriors and scouts

Morale of the tribe- What, other than security, full bellies and dry beds do the masses want? Happy goblins are hard working (and less backstabby) goblins. f

Books and maps- Anything we can learn of the area, geography, legends, local history, important residents, possibly even arcane knowledge.. all will be useful. When possible, we should try to lay hands on things of this nature.

Are the humans all separate communities, or are they all part of a larger kingdom, barony or some such? Knowing the government type of these humans can help us predict their actions and reactions

Valuable resources we can produce- Gold, gems, ores, rare herbs. Not for individual enrichment, but potentially to trade.. or use as bribes.. or ransoms... or bait..

Produce weapons and armor and other useful things. (Infrastructure of the tribe, encompassing the fletcher, smith, leatherworker, etc that JBE mentioned)

Can we leverage simple allies? Using Soz' ability to speak with animals, could we arrange for certain local critters (I'm thinking birds, but others could be useful too) to augment our own sentries? If we feed and accommodate some minor critters, and Soz explains that she wants the critter to "If you see x, do y", we might get a little bit of advance warning when danger approaches.

The vampire(s)- In the short term, is it better to try to appease them/work toward their goals? (My vote for this is yes, fyi). Or, do our efforts need to be focused solely on extricating ourselves from that relationship entirely? (In my opinion, it would be better to wait until we have a greater understanding of what we're dealing with, but I'm open to suggestions). I seriously doubt that a long term mutually satisfying relationship is possible with them. But I'll be honest, the dude on the sleigh freaks me out, and I don't think we will easily be able to take him/them down. It's highly likely that we would at least be able to get some advantage from working with them, for now, but I could be deluding myself.

As far as Plink's immediate priorities, he wants to solidify his position, identify potential challenges/challengers, and help organize the tribe.

During down time, he wants to work on building traps to augment the defenses of the cave and improve the quality of their meals (Trapbuilding and Cooking).

His highest external (outside the Cave area) priority will be the scouting of all of the communities especially the one where the ring is kept.

As more ideas are provided, I'll add them to this spoiler and occasionally repost it for easy reference.
    All goblins are warriors - kinda. They're level 1 goblins. Also, they shall remain level 1 goblins, essentially forever. There's no reasonable way to keep track of 100 goblins of various classes and levels. However, Berserkers (as an example) will be considered to have Rage for one full combat, granting them the associated bonuses. Select units, such as the Berserkers, may also be upgraded in terms of gear. I'm assuming units of 10. So there will eventually be 10 Berserkers.

Traps are a thing that happens automatically where goblins lair. But I assume you want to get more serious than that, having all manner of defensive devilry at the entrances and obvious pathways. Rolls will be required =)

I'll get to the human communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    I'm good with PvP, with one caveat: I'd prefer it be a fair fight. I know goblins are backstabby and such, but if someone wants to take Skog down, I'd like it if he has a chance to fight back, at least. Rather than getting knifed in his sleep

Also, important note: I'm having difficulty RPing Skog. I don't claim to be a genius or anything, but he's just too dumb for me to work out how to play him. Not giving up on him yet, but I am having trouble
    It's always an option to die in some manner stupid, heroic or both, and roll another goblin. Or you could retire Skog, making him Berserker Sergeant. That will revert him to a standard level 1 goblin - with Rage - but also give a bonus to the Berserker unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Morovir View Post
    I think I would agree with the rest of the group that PVP should be permitted, but with a certain degree of restraint.

For Krog's OOC project, I'm thinking a similar idea to Skog's, though instead of training berserkers, Krog would be training more disciplined, elite Goblin troops that would hopefully display some degree of loyalty to him in the event of a more successful coup or any other form of civil disobedience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jopustopin View Post
    I never really thought Gibs would live long enough to have any goals or what not. Kinda played him like a crazy person. I'm totally down, honestly, with PvP. But I'm not into simply killing people for no reason and usually will have a PM discussion about it with another person.

I think that unless both people are okay with it, then it should be allowed. But if someone doesn't want to participate in it, they need to adjust their role playing reason for creating a PvP situation or find some in character way of resolving it. For example, don't create the PvP situation in the first place if you don't want PvP.

Gibs is crazy but I find in character reasons to avoid conflict, such as talking loudly to his imaginary voice in his head. Totes easy brosephs!
    OOC Project: Limit the spider breeding to produce a reduced population growth rate but ensure that only the strong specimens can breed, this selective breeding should give us stronger mounts in future while and specimens that need to be removed can be harvested for venom

IC Project: Scout our Brookglade, we need to know what weíre up against and there may be things worth stealing or sabotaging.

I think all the rest is stuff that naturally comes with levelling up.
    ON PVP:

I deem thusly: Any pvp conflict will need a stated reason OOC, that all parties involved are aware of - an example could be to challenge for Chiefdom. PVP is allowed, and essentially unrestricted, but ... clever, devious (and hopefully non-lethal) schemes will yield greater rewards than sheer bloodshed.

Regarding a fair fight: Ironically, it's hard to imagine fair fights. Skog can one-shot everyone, but Hekx can sleep everyone. Outside of those two (and who wins initiative), I don't see how anyone can reasonably expect to win a 'fair' fight. So rather than demanding fairness, I'd rather nudge towards devious-yet-survivable conflict resolution.

How does that sound?

I suppose I should rol animal handling [roll0]
    The delightfully crappy rolls continue =)

I hope I managed to reply to everything that required a response.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Have I got back yet?
    It is a contraction of Evil DM Mark 3. I don't know why why so many have difficulty with a standard contraction but there we are.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Please stand for the Ankh-Morpork National Anthem.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The actual encounter was not just Silkwhisper - everyone participated, and thus everyone receives XP. I figure everyone get's 250 xp.
    Thank you, I am now only one decent encounter from levelling.

Pipzy's cave is the better part of a days travel from the Three Caves. It's not deep, but it was formed in some distant past by meltwater from above, which means that at the back of the cave there is a vertical 'chimney' on indeterminate hight, which is not easily climbed. Further exploration will be required - preferably with climbing tools, or by unusually suidical goblins.
    Is it to steep and sheer for a spider to make itís way up and lay silk behind?

Assume that the tribe has basic ability to create a bow, a sword, a suit of (ratty) leather armor. Increasing these abilities will require a source of information, and a source of materials.
    Can we assume any lackey goblins we take into combat will be able to have the same kit then?

Consider poison production to be up and running. For any sane use, you'll have enough. For insane use (poison the entire river, killing everything downstream - mwahahaha!!), assume rolls and stuff will be required.

What do you want to know about riding?

You already have at least 2-3 arcane landmarks.
    As long as I can ensure a plentiful supply of poison for weapons, arrows and spike traps thatíll be enough for now.

The riding was just signalling my indication to put a cross class point in it when I level up.

Fair point, the barrow mounds are closest, but I feel we really need to send someone quickly able to escape down first and then attack in force if thereís stuff down there. As of such my first mission will be to the mysterious island.

All goblins are warriors - kinda. They're level 1 goblins. Also, they shall remain level 1 goblins, essentially forever. There's no reasonable way to keep track of 100 goblins of various classes and levels. However, Berserkers (as an example) will be considered to have Rage for one full combat, granting them the associated bonuses. Select units, such as the Berserkers, may also be upgraded in terms of gear. I'm assuming units of 10. So there will eventually be 10 Berserkers.
    Can we have some of the goblins train as wolf/spider riders? Thier statblock indicates that itís possible and they get to exchange a feat as well.

I deem thusly: Any pvp conflict will need a stated reason OOC, that all parties involved are aware of - an example could be to challenge for Chiefdom. PVP is allowed, and essentially unrestricted, but ... clever, devious (and hopefully non-lethal) schemes will yield greater rewards than sheer bloodshed.

Regarding a fair fight: Ironically, it's hard to imagine fair fights. Skog can one-shot everyone, but Hekx can sleep everyone. Outside of those two (and who wins initiative), I don't see how anyone can reasonably expect to win a 'fair' fight. So rather than demanding fairness, I'd rather nudge towards devious-yet-survivable conflict resolution.

How does that sound?
    That seems like a good idea, a bit of plotting rather than an endless wave of blood seems about right.

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    Have I got back yet?
    Yes. You are completely back - at about the same time as everyone else.

Thank you, I am now only one decent encounter from levelling.
    That being the optimistic point of view =)

Is it to steep and sheer for a spider to make itís way up and lay silk behind?
    Yes and no. It's certainly possible, but it's dangerous. A saddle designed for vertical use is one major step towards making it safe.

Can we assume any lackey goblins we take into combat will be able to have the same kit then?
    Yes. The basic spear, shield, ratty leather armor is ubiquitous. And improvements will become available over time, of course - if you pursue it.

The riding was just signalling my indication to put a cross class point in it when I level up.
    Right =)

Can we have some of the goblins train as wolf/spider riders? Thier statblock indicates that itís possible and they get to exchange a feat as well.
    Yes, you can. Becoming a spider rider comes with potential risk, though. It's a very fine distinction between rider/snack, and ... well, the spiders aren't that bright.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

So what do I need to make a vertical saddle? Will it just take time OOC or are there IC steps I need to take?(stealing human saddles or something)

Since we are all formally now on the IC council shall we vote on where to launch the next expedition? Then everyone without a pressing issue at home can go on it and weíll have safety in numbers. Chief has optional veto but using it will probably really annoy all the other council goblins.

Lake: II
    Barrows:
    Brookglade: I
    Standing Stones:
    Other Towns:
    Farm Houses:
    Try and Find a New Home: I
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-07-30 at 02:03 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287

Well - an ordinary saddle wouldn't hold you on a truly vertical ascent, I'm sure. Steep, like going to Pipzy's cave, wouldn't be too hard, but going straight up would leave you hanging from the reins.

So, you'd need to be tied in, with some sort of support for your back. That's not rocket science, and given a bit of time, a leather worker could come up with a solution. Something actually good would take skill, development, testing, coin. But it's by no means impossible. And if you really want to, rope is available - you could have someone strap you to the back of the spider, and that will also work.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Traps are a thing that happens automatically where goblins lair. But I assume you want to get more serious than that, having all manner of defensive devilry at the entrances and obvious pathways. Rolls will be required =)
    Yes, Plink would like to assign a fair sized working party (at least 10, 20 if there are plenty of goblins that aren't busy) to digging holes for pits and gathering rocks for rockfalls, as well as building blinds (camouflaged sentry positions). And no dizzyweed for the workers on duty, lol.

I deem thusly: Any pvp conflict will need a stated reason OOC, that all parties involved are aware of - an example could be to challenge for Chiefdom.
    Gulp.

So what do I need to make a vertical saddle? Will it just take time OOC or are there IC steps I need to take?(stealing human saddles or something)

Since we are all formally now on the IC council shall we vote on where to launch the next expedition? Then everyone without a pressing issue at home can go on it and weíll have safety in numbers. Chief has optional veto but using it will probably really annoy all the other council goblins.

Lake: I
    Barrows:
    Brookglade: I (Plink would prefer to start here, but he will keep silent until the rest of the Council has spoken. If Brookglade would not/could not have won in a popular vote, he will "choose" the most popular option, making it seem that he was leaning that direction the entire time. Solidarity!)
    Standing Stones:
    General Scouting:
    Other Towns:
    Farm Houses:
    And Plink is at 988 xp, lol. 12 xp seems such a wide chasm, lol. So close, and yet so far.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yes, Plink would like to assign a fair sized working party (at least 10, 20 if there are plenty of goblins that aren't busy) to digging holes for pits and gathering rocks for rockfalls, as well as building blinds (camouflaged sentry positions). And no dizzyweed for the workers on duty, lol.

Gulp.

And Plink is at 988 xp, lol. 12 xp seems such a wide chasm, lol. So close, and yet so far.
    Speaking of which, I think Skimbibble should now have reached lvl 2 between the bear and the undead right?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Did I miss xp going out somewhere?
    It is a contraction of Evil DM Mark 3. I don't know why why so many have difficulty with a standard contraction but there we are.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

21. - Top - End - #291

On XP: You need to stay on top of those. We are way more players than I can keep track off.

I'll try to make a spoiler in the first OOC post, with XP for all things, so you can go back and check. But really, you all need to keep track of your own - my brain can't contain that much information =)

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Did I miss xp going out somewhere?
    IIRC it was 600 XP for solo winning the bear fight and 680-ish XP for the undead encounter.

This is extra interesting, as now weíre all together in the caves and Skimmbibbke has been vocal about appointing himself the boss and being the true ruler while Plink is chief just to satisfy the vampires.

On XP: You need to stay on top of those. We are way more players than I can keep track off.

I'll try to make a spoiler in the first OOC post, with XP for all things, so you can go back and check. But really, you all need to keep track of your own - my brain can't contain that much information =)
    Pretty sure Iím at 850, 600 for the spider duel, 250 for the raid on Pipzyís cliff.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-07-29 at 09:11 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

IIRC it was 600 XP for solo winning the bear fight and 680-ish XP for the undead encounter.
    Unholy squirrels, I levelled? (I missed the undead encounter stuff).
    GNU Terry Pratchett

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Unholy squirrels, I levelled? (I missed the undead encounter stuff).
    Yes, the away team gets 638 xp each - Chief Plink gets another 100 for standing up to Vitriola, and becoming chief by accident.

This is a challenge equivalent to the spider, which means it bags you 600 xp - for at solo-win.

So yeah, you should be on 1238 XP which puts you at level 2

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Chief Plink gets another 100 for standing up to Vitriola, and becoming chief by accident.
    Making it look like an accident is all part of Plink's master plan, lol

26. - Top - End - #296

Oh, I didn't realize we got xp for the undead. Does Skog get xp for the pipzy stuff? He didn't even know where he was or how he got there

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Making it look like an accident is all part of Plink's master plan, lol
    Accident nothing! Skimbibble put real effort into making sure that Plink ended up nailed down between him and the scary smoke lady's anger, politics and all the other associated dangers.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Does anyone else want to cast their vote for the next expedition target?

29. - Top - End - #299

Skog votes to find a new home. Preferably something like what we've got now, but more defendable.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Colossus in the Playground

We gotta be careful with the spiders, though. Don't need an eight-legged menace on our butts.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show