The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Tribe! 3.5 goblin only with GGM (General Goblin Management) OOC

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    Other than, its a bear with a threat nearby?

Survival [roll0]
    Well - it's a female, so it might be more aggressive for .. maternal reasons.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

OK, then Soz can heal Bearbitter AND help me find and raise guard-bears.

Much more innocuous for the cave mouth than spiders.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

3. - Top - End - #243

OK, then Soz can heal Bearbitter AND help me find and raise guard-bears.

Much more innocuous for the cave mouth than spiders.
    You are some hours from the cave, though - there's a certain risk to leaving, even if the plan is to return the next morning. Of course, there's also a certain risk in using your own tracking skill, as has been demonstrated.

4. - Top - End - #244

Spot: (1d20+3)[6]

Initiative: (1d20+4)[12] - and I'll need initiative from Hekx also. If Hekx is spotted and loses initiative, Pipzy get's to act before Hekx, with the obvious option of stepping into the cave. Not relevant =)
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2019-07-24 at 07:14 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    You are some hours from the cave, though - there's a certain risk to leaving, even if the plan is to return the next morning. Of course, there's also a certain risk in using your own tracking skill, as has been demonstrated.
    My luck can be pushed so far. No further. We leave.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #246

My luck can be pushed so far. No further. We leave.
    Aww ... =(

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    Aww ... =(
    I'm supposed to be playing a coward, remember?
    GNU Terry Pratchett

8. - Top - End - #248

I'm supposed to be playing a coward, remember?
    I'm supposed to lure you with goodies, tho :p

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Bear Fight has been reminding me of this the whole time: https://www.filmreroll.com/?p=121

Also, since we have Pipzy entangled can Silkwhisper bite once and inject enough poison to reduce pipzy to 0 strength? Making her easily moved and unable to resist but not yet dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    The Bear Fight has been reminding me of this the whole time: https://www.filmreroll.com/?p=121

Also, since we have Pipzy entangled can Silkwhisper bite once and inject enough poison to reduce pipzy to 0 strength? Making her easily moved and unable to resist but not yet dead.
    Yes. But Pipzy does get her own action before that - Silkwhisper doesn't have multi attack or any cleverness like that, spitting a web was her attack for the round. She also needs a little time to 'reel in' Pipzy.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Did I include all of the PC's that were present? If I'm not mistaken, Soz and Skimbibble are not present, but all of the PC's are going to be assumed (by Plink, anyway) to be on the Mighty Council of Way Important Deciders.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hekx may be unsure as to the exact authority of the MCWID, and even if he chooses to respect it there is every chance Silkwhisper will not.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Skimbibble is allergic to positions of authority. He breaks out in stab-wounds.

Its an allergy common to most of goblinkind actually.
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2019-07-24 at 09:27 AM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by pife View Post
    Did I include all of the PC's that were present? If I'm not mistaken, Soz and Skimbibble are not present, but all of the PC's are going to be assumed (by Plink, anyway) to be on the Mighty Council of Way Important Deciders.
    I have assumed all goblins present except for Skimbibble, who went off alone earlier than this.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Colossus in the Playground

So, how's the tribe at home doing, with Soz being apparently the only one there? :P
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Hekx may be unsure as to the exact authority of the MCWID, and even if he chooses to respect it there is every chance Silkwhisper will not.
    Actually, inclusion of the spiders in Plink's speech was purely to help sway Hexz. If Pipzy took over, likely the spider experiments would be over, or at least hindered. Plink wants Hexz' support, or, if he can't have "actual" support, he would be satisfied with Hexz not actively opposing him. Plink is trying to play up the arcane might of Hexz, who tames vicious spiders for the tribes benefit. The spiders, if kept under control, could become a source of security and even pride among the common goblins.

As far as the exact authority of the Mighty Council of Way Important Deciders.. sign on and find out! Best case scenario, Hexz gains a position of greater authority and respect, and is able to help guide the tribe (and himself) to greatness, while being able to lay blame on someone else when things go wrong. Besides, if Plink is as stupid as everyone is fond of saying, he'll be easy to maneuver, right?

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by pife View Post
    Actually, inclusion of the spiders in Plink's speech was purely to help sway Hexz. If Pipzy took over, likely the spider experiments would be over, or at least hindered. Plink wants Hexz' support, or, if he can't have "actual" support, he would be satisfied with Hexz not actively opposing him. Plink is trying to play up the arcane might of Hexz, who tames vicious spiders for the tribes benefit. The spiders, if kept under control, could become a source of security and even pride among the common goblins.

As far as the exact authority of the Mighty Council of Way Important Deciders.. sign on and find out! Best case scenario, Hexz gains a position of greater authority and respect, and is able to help guide the tribe (and himself) to greatness, while being able to lay blame on someone else when things go wrong. Besides, if Plink is as stupid as everyone is fond of saying, he'll be easy to maneuver, right?
    Oh, Hekx is definitely opposed to Pipzyís leadership, or the leadership of anyone else who would hinder with his experiments. He just doesnít believe he owes any favours to Plink or taking what he sees as the obvious option. Generally Hekx thinks Plink is doing fine as a leader in so far as heís keeping the normal goblins in line and not getting in Hekxís way. The thing is, Hekx believed Pipzy was free game since they ran away and has since devoted effort to hunting them down. Thus heíll be put out if heís forced to leakage her alone now.

As for the council position, Hekx has little intrest in leading the tribe. He wants them there for security, to provide the occasional goblin both smart and stupid enough to become research assistants and will help them because heís interested in how his magic might help or to gain further expierience and items to help with his experiments. He doesnít care for the affection of the masses and isnít even interested in influence except when it helps him with separate interests.
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2019-07-24 at 10:45 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Oh, Hekx is definitely opposed to Pipzyís leadership, or the leadership of anyone else who would hinder with his experiments.
    So, one reason for supporting Plink. He wants your experiments to succeed, and will devote resources to that effort.

He just doesnít believe he owes any favours to Plink or taking what he sees as the obvious option. Generally Hekx thinks Plink is doing fine as a leader in so far as heís keeping the normal goblins in line and not getting in Hekxís way.
    Two points for Plink. Plink doesn't actually think you have any genuine loyalty or affection for him. Our interests are currently aligned.

The thing is, Hekx believed Pipzy was free game since they ran away and has since devoted effort to hunting them down. Thus heíll be put out if heís forced to leakage her alone now.
    As far as Plink is concerned, they are fair game. In truth, he hopes that the MCWID unanimously agree that Pipzy (and her two followers) are a threat to the common good, and must be removed. That way, he a) removes a threat, b) is seen assiduously defending his interests, and c) is seen as someone who listens to wise counsel and is less likely to get the tribe killed by being unilaterally stupid.

As for the council position, Hekx has little intrest in leading the tribe. He wants them there for security, to provide the occasional goblin both smart and stupid enough to become research assistants and will help them because heís interested in how his magic might help or to gain further expierience and items to help with his experiments. He doesnít care for the affection of the masses and isnít even interested in influence except when it helps him with separate interests.
    Sounds like a match made in heaven. You don't care about influence, (but will probably take advantage of the authority now and then), will occasionally be asked to give your opinion (which you would have done anyway), and can build upon your "I'm a scary goblin with unmatched arcane powers" reputation, which Plink will build upon and help with (in the form of bardic music, bardic knowledge, validated parking, a corner office of the cave, better eats and all that jazz, lol)..

19. - Top - End - #259
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry for the silence everyone. Things went a bit weird this last week and I haven't been managing my games well. I'll try to have s9mething up in a bit.
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

20. - Top - End - #260

I will update as soon as Hekx decides poor Pipzy's fate.

21. - Top - End - #261

Escape artist: (1d20+2)[4] vs 12.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I think the Dice gods are decrying Pipzy as illegitimate.

23. - Top - End - #263

I think the Dice gods are decrying Pipzy as illegitimate.
    Her's is a harsh fate =)

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

How much XP for defeating Pipzy? Or would it go to Silkwhisper as it was pretty much entirely her.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Oh good, since Hexz is checking out the cave, I'll just make sure to ask about it at some point. If I may, how far is it from the Three Caves tenement, and are there any other interesting/curious features near it?

I'm assuming that unless something else happens in the interim, that we will be returning to the cave en masse. Plink does make sure to note the two Pipzy supporters, marking them out in his head for watching.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

So does anyone else have any particular plans? We need to Scout out the church and do more throrough scouting of most areas but I donít have any more experiments for Hekx unless he unlocks 2nd level spells.

We could do with a little more gear, or increasing our capacity to produce gear with a fletcherís, a smithís, maybe a leatherworker and things of that nature. Do we want to start weakening the human presence in the area in preparation for total goblin rule? I feel like we could do with putting some more long term missions on the board instead of being purely reactive, maybe define a path to escape this vampire situation and begin secret scouting to find a way out.

Do any goblins have more personal drives or objectives theyíll be trying to get support with? Or should we delay the specifics until we are more certain as to the towns overall nature and see if there are any obvious targets for theft there?

27. - Top - End - #267
    Colossus in the Playground

I've just been chilling at the home cave. I don't even know how the expedition went, after all.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Current Avatar by Elder Tsofu, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Skimbibble is only really worried about security ATM. He might be convinced to help train scouts but mostly he wants to find a better home and/or make this one more secure.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #269
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skog was attempting to convince goblins to let him teach them to fight better
    Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

30. - Top - End - #270

I think ..... we need a list of IC objectives, and OOC objectives. In other words, Skog can train a squad of berserkers between missions, while going on missions. The two don't interfere with each other, it's ... downtime.

So, how about this:

Each goblin get's an IC project that all or some of the group can pursue - and an OOC project to be pursued alone, or with anyone with shared interests.

There's no obligation to have both, but .. well, having objectives will likely yield advantages as well as xp. Also, objectives could potentially be secret, I guess? Or not? How do you guys feel about ... some level of um, Darwinian group dynamics? It's vey goblin-y, of course, but on the other hand it's risky, from a group dynamics perspective.