The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 121 to 141 of 141
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    "Well, let's pay them a visit*— or at least look at what these metal things are," Arwin continues.

    Unless Felgar objects, Arwin will follow him back in the direction of the shack, hiding as best he can, until they're within view of the machines.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    (1d20+1)[5] hide
    (1d20+11)[24] perception

    take 10 on Know checks for Arcana (18), Dungeoneering (22), Engineering (18)


    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel


  2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Over there!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    They are junk golems. They are exactly what they sound like. Cheap, unstable and often an ideal way to contract tetanus.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    Armadin, not being stealthy at all, allows Arwin to go ahead, but quietly whispering.

    "Let them know that there are more of us here, we don't want to sneak up on 'em and scare 'em do we?"

    He then smiles a broad smile, which seems to almost be his default setting.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    Arwin hesitates for a moment, then nods. Golems or Derro; the machines probably weren't actually mad. He re-lights one of the wagon's lanterns and walks toward the machines, trying his best not to skulk.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Anybody think I'm nuts, feel free to pull him back.

    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel


  5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Spoiler] Dwarves

    Felgar Stoneheart, Earth-mover

    Felgar stared stoically at the others. It was obvious he didn’t think this was a smart idea, but he apparently lacked any alternative suggestions. ”Ho on then. Let us know what they say ...”

    Felgar is no face - best someone with a modicum of Charisma go
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC 20 HP 54 Init +8 Move 20’ F +11 R +12 W +7
    Weapon: Earth blast (+8 / 3d6+7); Warhammer (+5 / 1d8)
    Infusions: Extended Range (F/1B); Pushing (S/2B+); Entangling (S/2B)
    Talents: Geokinesis (0B); Earth Climb (0B); Tremorsense (1B+); Burn: 0/7
    Key skills: Perception +18; UMD +8; Dungeoneering +8; S. Motive +2; Heal +6
    Effect: DR 3/adamantine
    Current Burn: 0
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Over there!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    As the light approaches the patrolling junk golems a voice calls out.

    Arwin Angrung is able to understand what is said, just about. It sounds like elven, but it isn't, not really.

    Linguistics: (d20+2)[16] It's a distantly related dialect.

    "What is outside going my garden?"
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2019-11-13 at 03:36 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    "Visitors … and admirers of your work," Arwin calls out, in the closest approximation of the language he can muster, nodding toward the golems. "May we come forward?"

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    If needed Diplomacy (1d20+13)[28]
    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel


  8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Over there!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    "Mine? Mine master's, now gone, is sad. But please, yes, enter the place of my living."
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Spoiler] Dwarves

    Felgar Stoneheart, Earth-mover

    Felgar blinked and looked back and forth between his companions and the voice. Concentrating, he tried to ‘see’ what was speaking before the group walked into a trap. As he reached out his senses, he scanned the area for signs of a trap.

    Using Tremorsense and Perception - (1d20+18)[25]
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC 20 HP 54 Init +8 Move 20’ F +11 R +12 W +7
    Weapon: Earth blast (+8 / 3d6+7); Warhammer (+5 / 1d8)
    Infusions: Extended Range (F/1B); Pushing (S/2B+); Entangling (S/2B)
    Talents: Geokinesis (0B); Earth Climb (0B); Tremorsense (1B+); Burn: 0/7
    Key skills: Perception +18; UMD +8; Dungeoneering +8; S. Motive +2; Heal +6
    Effect: DR 3/adamantine
    Current Burn: 0
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    "Sounds like a fine fellow," Arwin begins, beckoning the others. "Here. In an abandoned cavern. Not a league's distance from a bunch of Derro slavers. It's … possible, I suppose. But we probably shouldn't leave the horses unguarded."
    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel


  11. - Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    Armadin nods

    "A wise precaution. Don' want our beasts o' burden to be injured while we talk. I can stay with them if needs be. I'm not so good with animals, but just watching ov'r 'em should be fine. Just remember me if there's good food, an' bring some out for me!"

    He smiles, sticking with the horses unless there are others who offer.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Over there!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    "I'll stay here, too, shall I?"

    Felgar, the thing you are speaking to is actually just around the corner, seemingly keeping out of sight. Dungeonering (d20+8)[12].

    You don't know what it is, but it isn't humanoid.
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2019-11-20 at 03:18 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Spoiler] Dwarves

    Felgar Stoneheart, Earth-mover

    Felgar pointed at the corner and muttered, The voice is coming from there ... can’t make out who or what is talking. Have it step out ...” Felgar kept his power close, ready to act if this thing attacked ... or it’s automatons did.

    Sense Motive? SM - (1d20+2)[17]
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC 20 HP 54 Init +8 Move 20’ F +11 R +12 W +7
    Weapon: Earth blast (+8 / 3d6+7); Warhammer (+5 / 1d8)
    Infusions: Extended Range (F/1B); Pushing (S/2B+); Entangling (S/2B)
    Talents: Geokinesis (0B); Earth Climb (0B); Tremorsense (1B+); Burn: 0/7
    Key skills: Perception +18; UMD +8; Dungeoneering +8; S. Motive +2; Heal +6
    Effect: DR 3/adamantine
    Current Burn: 0
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    "I confess, we're a bit worried about your guardians, here," Arwin gestures toward the golems. "I wouldn't want them to get the wrong idea. Could you please show us inside? Just so it's clear we're welcome."



    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    Diplomacy: (1d20+13)[32]

    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel


  15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Over there!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    "Natural."

    Knowledge Dungeonering rolls everyone.

    The figure scurries into view, holding a large mushroom in one hand and a large knife in the other. Firgure is the only word you can think of, the upper half of their body is that of a male elf with dark grey skin, from the waist down however they are a giant spider.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Spoiler] Dwarves

    Felgar Stoneheart, Earth-mover

    OOC - so we don’t know what a drider is, but do we recognize a drow elf torso?

    Felgar tightened his mental hold on his power, muttering ”What in the fracking Nine Hell’s ...a spider drow?” He glances from his companions to this strange thing. He wanted to smash it too the ground, but hesitated for a moment, uncertain if his companions knew what this thing was.

    Anything from that sense motive? Or did I miss the reply?
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC 20 HP 54 Init +8 Move 20’ F +11 R +12 W +7
    Weapon: Earth blast (+8 / 3d6+7); Warhammer (+5 / 1d8)
    Infusions: Extended Range (F/1B); Pushing (S/2B+); Entangling (S/2B)
    Talents: Geokinesis (0B); Earth Climb (0B); Tremorsense (1B+); Burn: 0/7
    Key skills: Perception +18; UMD +8; Dungeoneering +8; S. Motive +2; Heal +6
    Effect: DR 3/adamantine
    Current Burn: 0
    Last edited by Starbin; 2019-11-26 at 02:04 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Over there!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Spoiler] Dwarves

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    OOC - so we don’t know what a drider is, but do we recognize a drow elf torso?


    Anything from that sense motive? Or did I miss the reply?
    Reading the thread already I realise I mentioned Drow specifically earlier, so yes you do know of Drow as subterrainian elves who are usually considred "unclean", the same term used for Orcs and Goblins and no, nothing on sense motive. Sorry I forgot to say.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    OOC - no worries ... I figure Felgar’s reaction doesn’t really change.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    "First one, then the other," Arwin grimaces. He'd heard various tales of obscene rituals that created the chimeric driders — though many of them flatly contradicted each other and none of the stories could agree on whether the process was supposed to be a punishment or reward. Perhaps, in the way of the Drow's perverted religion, it was both.

    He tries to keep his face even as he introduces himself to the creature. The Drow weren't insane like the Derro, but that made them all the more dangerous. "Arwin Angrung of Bissel," he says, "and my traveling companions."
    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel


  20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    "Armadin Stormreader, at your service."

    Armadin finally speaks, having been uncharacteristically quiet, and only appearing once he was referenced by his colleague, so as not to overwhelm the figure. He also steps into visibility, in a very open posture.

    ((Dungeoneering - [roll0]))

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Farnborough, Hants, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Return to Kurax [Pathfinder] IC

    ((Dungeoneering - (1d20+1)[14]))

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •