New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: [3.5] Favorite Obscure Prc, Feat, Spell etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruethgar View Post
    prc
    Jaunter- E6 possible teleporter is pretty cool. Kinda meh if you go for it as the ‘appropriate’ level.
    Mind Mage- Because Dragon #313 didn’t have enough with Spellhoarding Dragons, just the existence of this class opens up so much cheese. Use in moderation.

feat
    Loyalty’s Reward- Make a feat in line with other feats... like Sculpt Self, Landlord, or Leadership.
    Sculpt Self- The options for custom prestige races are innumerable and make for wonderfully flavorful and scalable power.
    Create Device- Test of Startone doesn’t let you divine and teleport to finish? No problem! With just a few of these bad boys you can get divinity in just a few easy steps!

spell
    Shadow Guardians- Hour/lvl squadron of cannon fodder that can be made nearly 200% real.
    Create Element- So many uses if you get it as a non-cleric.

item
    Razor Wing- because cheap flight is awesome, even if it technically would require concentration checks(making it meh in combat), the OOC uses are still significant. Plus they are ****ing dragon wings.

race
    Awakened Advanced Monkey. ECL 0, 5RHD
    Sources for Loyalty's Reward, Create Device, and Create Element?

2. - Top - End - #452

Devil

I don't remember if it was in this thread, but I saw Womb of the Earth (Dragon #279) mentioned somewhere, it's pretty abusable.

Also, Kalamar. It's a combination of unplayably good, unplayably bad, and both at the same time (looking at you, Darklight Wizard.)

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

There's a...I wanna say Brd/Sor 5 spell in BoEF that gives Cha +1d4/3 levels (max 5d4). If you're a Cha-based incantatrix, using Reserves Of Strength, CL shenanigans, and typical dice-exploiting metamagics can give you an absolutely enormous Cha boost.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    There's a...I wanna say Brd/Sor 5 spell in BoEF that gives Cha +1d4/3 levels (max 5d4). If you're a Cha-based incantatrix, using Reserves Of Strength, CL shenanigans, and typical dice-exploiting metamagics can give you an absolutely enormous Cha boost.
    Quick check and I can't find this one. I did turn up a few other Cha boosting spells I wasn't already aware of:

• Crown of Glory (SC) +4 enhancement (multiple targets; also with bonus to attack rolls, saves, and skill checks, immunity to fear, and temp HP)
    • Nixie's Grace (SC) +8 enhancement (also +6 Dex and +2 Wis)
    • Righteous Aura (SC) +4 sacred
    • Sirine's Grace (SC) +4 enhancement (also +4 to Dex, Cha bonus to AC and +8 on perform)

[edit] Ahh...I was looking in BoED, not BoEF [/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Kalkra View Post
    Sources for Loyalty's Reward, Create Device, and Create Element?
    • Create Device seems to be a Ravenloft feat.
    • Create Element...I'm struggling to find. I can only find a Dark Sun cantrip, or a class ability of a home-brew PrC.
    • Loyalty’s Reward seems to be a KoK feat.

5. - Top - End - #455

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    BoEF has exactly two things in it. That's one, and Metaphysical Spellshaper is the other. Slap on Sheltered Vitality, and you've got free metamagic. (BoEF also has some low-cost templates that would be good for some builds, IIRC.)

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    (Razorwing)Source on this?

(Advanced Awakened Monkey)How is it ECL 0 with 5RHD?
    The prompt didn't specify 1st party or officially licensed and before I gave much thought to it I had the Quintessential books from Mongoose Publishing, Razor Wing is from Quintessential Kobold among the various items that they invented to make themselves more draconic. Requires a DC 15 Tumble to ascend as a move action 10ft or glide down 10ft and over 50ft with I think poor maneuverability. There were also the Dragon Breathers in the same book to let you spew alchemical fire from your mouth... or accidentally swallow it and burn yourself.

The entire roster of Monster Manual 1 was given ECLs in Dragon Magazine #293, everything in the article except Awakened Animals were updated in 3.5 so it is still technically valid for play. In the article Awakened Monkeys were one of the few at ECL 0 and an Advanced Awakened Monkey is still an Awakened Mokney so its ECL is still set to 0 by the article despite having 5RHD. Any sane GM would use the update clause of 3.5(since its a 3.0 article) to nix that, but those are the rules as they are written.

Thurbane answered some questions about my comment already, though I would like to clarify, I was referring to Create Element cantrip from Dark Sun.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

prc
    Jaunter- E6 possible teleporter is pretty cool. Kinda meh if you go for it as the ‘appropriate’ level.
    That's really interesting. It's too bad it can't be combined with Wayfarer Guide.

8. - Top - End - #458

Devil

The prompt didn't specify 1st party or officially licensed and before I gave much thought to it I had the Quintessential books from Mongoose Publishing
    Also from Mongoose is Fey Magic, which has a whole system for getting free druid spells, the requirements of which can more or less be bypassed by Guidance of the Avatar or something similar. You can also get an animal friend, and some nice perks like natural attacks and rage. Pretty minor stuff, mostly, but it's pretty much free if you can make the DCs. Also boosts Druid abilities.

Also in Fey Magic is Gift of the Leprechaun, which is basically Wish for Druids.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kalkra View Post
    BoEF has exactly two things in it. That's one, and Metaphysical Spellshaper is the other. Slap on Sheltered Vitality, and you've got free metamagic. (BoEF also has some low-cost templates that would be good for some builds, IIRC.)
    Actually, a lot of the races and monsters are pretty good. I'm a big fan of the Giantborn template.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II