Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Empire 5] The Coronation of Sai

Spoiler: jester aftermath
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelWizard View Post
    Well, that's over with

Jeejee rolled her eyes at the antics of the Jester, and reached out to stop Beaz who was approaching him with the arcing staff.

"What?" Beaz said incredulously as if zapping someone wasn't the answer. "Only one Iago zappy, for asktalk."

The point is moot as the distraction gave the jester time to vanish. Grumbling Beaz pressed the button again and the energy atop teh staff stopped crackling menacingly.

Approaching the Space King Jeejee coughed politley, "Well-well, you show-showed him so hard, that he fearfleed at your... bodymight."

SPACE KING had a laugh when it turned out the jester was tossing flowers the whole time, strange that he was so Fluent in Knight with such underdeveloped throat muscles, very interesting. Still Jaques wondered what happen to the little guy, and more importantly would his antics ruin the buzz.

Jaques put his arm around the Grymlan while extending his other skyward in the imitation of an inspirational speech. I'm sure that's exactly what happened, but don't WORRY I saw you're fur GALANTLY stand on edge. REMEMBER swollness is as much the muscles build as it is the friends you made along the way.

Private Audience

SPACE KING felt the need to congratulate the new Empress and give her the best type of advice... the unsolicited kind. CONGRATULATTIOOONNS how does it feel to finally be an EMPRESS OF SPACE. If its overwhelming FEAR NOT, even SPACE KING can be overwhelmed by responsibility sometimes. But while SPACE KING has muscles, you must find you're own path.
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy

Hangs out on the World building forums

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PepperP. View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It is an honored to meet such esteemed Tal-Amanyn. Your Droccen is excellent Prince Aristas." She smiled warmly at the pair.

"Please do rise, we're all friends here."
    Azric and Aristas both rose to their feet, Azric with considerably more grace than the younger man. He gave the prince a not so subtle nudge.
    "Your Majessty is very kind," he said before another nudge from the Viceroy prompted him to speak further, "I have, uh, come to offer myself as a... Courtier? A courtier in the sservice of you and your people. Perhapss more if the fates are willing."
    It was hard to tell due to the red of his scales, but the way he looked away from Sai in a manner that indicated he was definitely feeling a bit awkward.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Vilari

The ship had been delayed. While travel through the systems bordering their own had been easily accomplished, the first transit through a Courier relay had nearly resulted in an intergalactic incident. It had taken days of patient negotiation to assure the Couriers that the energy readings emanating from the Beneficent Horizon were neither a bomb nor a hidden weapons array, especially when Speaker Ren-Kulto had declined their request to examine the technology in question. When the sleek Vilari ship finally emerged from its gravity-envelope, the crew were dismayed to find the crowd of alien vessels already comfortably in orbit, forcing them to find a berth on the outskirts of the geosynchronous docking ring. At last, though, a white-gold shuttle detached from the main craft, carrying three Vilari to the surface.

It was no small blessing that the celebration in Castrima was an all day affair, and the triune delegation marveled at the great mass of Droccen crowding the parade grounds. There was a cry of some surprise at the late arrival of yet more aliens, the shifting patterns of light across their ceramic suits serving as impromptu accompaniment to scattered bursts of premature fireworks. As they finally came into view of the Imperial Palace, Ren-Kulto paused, cybernetic irises focusing on a point in the distance before he sighed.

<The coronation is imminent. We have lost our opportunity to speak to the Princess as she is.>

At his side, a Vilari of bone-white coloration and red patterning looked between his Speaker and the imperial procession in the distance.

<We might reach her if we hurry, Speaker.>

<No. Better, I think, to watch such a thing surrounded by the soul of an empire.>

A long fingered hand rose to gesture at the churning crowd.

<Its people.>

Waving off the guards that remained, the Vilari delegation dove into the streets of Castrima. At once they were enveloped in a haze of revelry and song, pink bodies pressing against cold encounter suits in a profusion that brought to mind the rare schools of fish on their homeworld. It seemed at first like their path forward would be hopelessly blocked, but with each step a low hum rose from the throat of the Speaker. It was echoed by his companions, a living rhythm of quiet dignity that calmed the passions of those around them. Droccen of every walk of life paused in their celebrations to watch the passage of the strange people from another world, and the crowds parted like waves upon the sea. They proceeded at a pace that belied their aura of calm, quickly enough that as Sai looked down upon the ocean of her new subjects she found three pairs of fiery eyes staring back at her.

The coronation concluded, the Speaker and his entourage finally ascended the steps to the Imperial Palace, spreading his hand in the Vilari Star as he approached Sai.

"Greetings, Empress Sai, on this most auspicious day. You have our sincere apologies for our late arrival - we hope we have not missed all the festivities?"
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2019-07-23 at 03:22 AM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

"Three quarters?" he asked confused before realizing he had assumed too much about Drocc biology, hopefully not too much he thought involuntarily as his eyes scanned Sai's body, "I regret you may overesti-" but he found himself interrupted by Riss of Tezh arriving more than a little early.

The Chairman's cheeks reddened further and as Sai pulled away Vaou's eyes narrowed at the intruding representative of the Consensus. He didn't much care for the idea of his allies lurking around in the shadows eavesdropping on his private conversations. The conversation was swept away from the matter that had been at hand and onto politics causing the Chairman to groan internally. Would he and Sai ever have a moment to discuss a future together? He pushed the thought from his mind as talk turned to the Jester and Sisterhood.

"Perhaps the two could dovetail. We must discuss the Sister's situation now that the Geleans and Rothuun have made their positions towards their vigil clear but the Sisters are no slouches when it comes to investigating mysteries. Perhaps they could be tasked with aiding our research into this mysterious Jester or, as I'm more interested, whoever or whatever it was that sponsored the fool providing him with the technologies he displayed."

The Chairman reached into his jacket's inner pocket and withdrew a relatively flat device he laid on the table and activated projecting a holographic map of the space from Rothuun space out to UC claimed territory between the three of them. The Sisterhood base Morning Bloom was lit up in a blue glow of selection and a dotted line trailed out to Galactic Sector T8 where the Sisterhood had requested conversion preparations be made.

"We expect the Sisterhood to request our aid in relocating this monastery away from the Core and into UC dominated space. I have spoken with Talotius and Consensus Leader Faugloglys and we are agreed to aid in this effort provided the Rothuun permit our peaceful extraction of the Sisters, a point I believe Sai has addressed with the minotaurs. If we are successful Morning Bloom should remain safe for the foreseeable future but another hole will be opened in the Sisterhood's vigil around the Core. We hope to speak with senior Sisterhood leadership following the successful relocation about what to expect from a broken vigil and hope to gain more knowledge of the Core's secrets earned through aid and cooperation with their order."

"However I do not know what to even ask of them regarding the Core and the appearance of the Jester here today inclines me to believe perhaps whatever his presence foretells is of greater relevance to ourselves than the mysteries of the Core."

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Constantine stiffened, then reclined further in his chair while unfastening the short silver chain that held the corners of his jacket collar in place. His black shirt collar was next and he finally took a deep breath. "The right thing to do? The Sisterhood of Silence is no more deserving of protection than my own people. They have many friends. We are alone in our corner of space with fanatics and monsters to one side, and an unknown expanse to the other. We would consider furnishing the Sisters with warships, but we would require something material in return, not just good will. They are free to convey diplomatic offers to our Foreign Minister."
    Sai deflated a bit as she realized any real attraction she had felt to the Celenian's offer was for the frigates, and not to the people themselves.

"Of course your people's protection would be foremost in your priorities." She took a deep breath.

"I don't think I'm your people, Constantine. This deal is not going to happen. It's flattering and generous but it's not going to happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Lleban View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Private Audience

SPACE KING felt the need to congratulate the new Empress and give her the best type of advice... the unsolicited kind. CONGRATULATTIOOONNS how does it feel to finally be an EMPRESS OF SPACE. If its overwhelming FEAR NOT, even SPACE KING can be overwhelmed by responsibility sometimes. But while SPACE KING has muscles, you must find you're own path.
    Sai looked at the great purple man with no small amusement but she decided to take his advice in good faith.

"How did you find your true path, Space King?"

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Azric and Aristas both rose to their feet, Azric with considerably more grace than the younger man. He gave the prince a not so subtle nudge.
    "Your Majessty is very kind," he said before another nudge from the Viceroy prompted him to speak further, "I have, uh, come to offer myself as a... Courtier? A courtier in the sservice of you and your people. Perhapss more if the fates are willing."
    It was hard to tell due to the red of his scales, but the way he looked away from Sai in a manner that indicated he was definitely feeling a bit awkward.
    Sai blinked in surprise, she had not been expecting so much interest. It was flattering but also oddly humbling, she hoped she was worthy of all this attention.

"I do desire closer relations with the Conclave, and truly already see your people as personal friends." She smiled gently at the uncomfortable prince.

"You should know that I am already betrothed to another, and if you stayed in my court, it would be in a strictly advisory/emissary role. I would also be interested in establishing a formal embassy within the Conclave." She blushed. The Tal-Amaryn was beautiful but her hand had been claimed by another.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vilari

The ship had been delayed. While travel through the systems bordering their own had been easily accomplished, the first transit through a Courier relay had nearly resulted in an intergalactic incident. It had taken days of patient negotiation to assure the Couriers that the energy readings emanating from the Beneficent Horizon were neither a bomb nor a hidden weapons array, especially when Speaker Ren-Kulto had declined their request to examine the technology in question. When the sleek Vilari ship finally emerged from its gravity-envelope, the crew were dismayed to find the crowd of alien vessels already comfortably in orbit, forcing them to find a berth on the outskirts of the geosynchronous docking ring. At last, though, a white-gold shuttle detached from the main craft, carrying three Vilari to the surface.

It was no small blessing that the celebration in Castrima was an all day affair, and the triune delegation marveled at the great mass of Droccen crowding the parade grounds. There was a cry of some surprise at the late arrival of yet more aliens, the shifting patterns of light across their ceramic suits serving as impromptu accompaniment to scattered bursts of premature fireworks. As they finally came into view of the Imperial Palace, Ren-Kulto paused, cybernetic irises focusing on a point in the distance before he sighed.

<The coronation is imminent. We have lost our opportunity to speak to the Princess as she is.>

At his side, a Vilari of bone-white coloration and red patterning looked between his Speaker and the imperial procession in the distance.

<We might reach her if we hurry, Speaker.>

<No. Better, I think, to watch such a thing surrounded by the soul of an empire.>

A long fingered hand rose to gesture at the churning crowd.

<Its people.>

Waving off the guards that remained, the Vilari delegation dove into the streets of Castrima. At once they were enveloped in a haze of revelry and song, pink bodies pressing against cold encounter suits in a profusion that brought to mind the rare schools of fish on their homeworld. It seemed at first like their path forward would be hopelessly blocked, but with each step a low hum rose from the throat of the Speaker. It was echoed by his companions, a living rhythm of quiet dignity that calmed the passions of those around them. Droccen of every walk of life paused in their celebrations to watch the passage of the strange people from another world, and the crowds parted like waves upon the sea. They proceeded at a pace that belied their aura of calm, quickly enough that as Sai looked down upon the ocean of her new subjects she found three pairs of fiery eyes staring back at her.

The coronation concluded, the Speaker and his entourage finally ascended the steps to the Imperial Palace, spreading his hand in the Vilari Star as he approached Sai.

"Greetings, Empress Sai, on this most auspicious day. You have our sincere apologies for our late arrival - we hope we have not missed all the festivities?"
    Sai had found herself feeling oddly alone after the ceremony conclusion. People bustled around her but seemed to be done with her for the moment. She was still feeling a bit vulnerable in her bare feet and simple robe when the Vilari approached.

"Ren-Kulto!" Sai's face lit up as she recognized The Speaker.

"Thank you for coming so far from your homes! I'm so glad you're here." She touched her hand to his as she had learned at the Simulacrum.

"The festivities will continue all night! And you are welcome to stay on Droccen as long as you wish." Her face lit up.

"In fact, we're taking a trip tomorrow with the Lyreans, the Harkens and probably Vaou to visit our ocean. Would you like to come along?"

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Three quarters?" he asked confused before realizing he had assumed too much about Drocc biology, hopefully not too much he thought involuntarily as his eyes scanned Sai's body, "I regret you may overesti-" but he found himself interrupted by Riss of Tezh arriving more than a little early.

The Chairman's cheeks reddened further and as Sai pulled away Vaou's eyes narrowed at the intruding representative of the Consensus. He didn't much care for the idea of his allies lurking around in the shadows eavesdropping on his private conversations. The conversation was swept away from the matter that had been at hand and onto politics causing the Chairman to groan internally. Would he and Sai ever have a moment to discuss a future together? He pushed the thought from his mind as talk turned to the Jester and Sisterhood.

"Perhaps the two could dovetail. We must discuss the Sister's situation now that the Geleans and Rothuun have made their positions towards their vigil clear but the Sisters are no slouches when it comes to investigating mysteries. Perhaps they could be tasked with aiding our research into this mysterious Jester or, as I'm more interested, whoever or whatever it was that sponsored the fool providing him with the technologies he displayed."

The Chairman reached into his jacket's inner pocket and withdrew a relatively flat device he laid on the table and activated projecting a holographic map of the space from Rothuun space out to UC claimed territory between the three of them. The Sisterhood base Morning Bloom was lit up in a blue glow of selection and a dotted line trailed out to Galactic Sector T8 where the Sisterhood had requested conversion preparations be made.

"We expect the Sisterhood to request our aid in relocating this monastery away from the Core and into UC dominated space. I have spoken with Talotius and Consensus Leader Faugloglys and we are agreed to aid in this effort provided the Rothuun permit our peaceful extraction of the Sisters, a point I believe Sai has addressed with the minotaurs. If we are successful Morning Bloom should remain safe for the foreseeable future but another hole will be opened in the Sisterhood's vigil around the Core. We hope to speak with senior Sisterhood leadership following the successful relocation about what to expect from a broken vigil and hope to gain more knowledge of the Core's secrets earned through aid and cooperation with their order."

"However I do not know what to even ask of them regarding the Core and the appearance of the Jester here today inclines me to believe perhaps whatever his presence foretells is of greater relevance to ourselves than the mysteries of the Core."
    "I do have the lillies!" Sai pulled them from a hidden pocket within the folds of her robe and placed the white blooms on the table for Riss to inspect.

"I did speak to Zurtak on behalf of the Sisterhood." Her mouth formed an involuntary frown of distaste as though she'd smelled something off-putting.

"He insisted that he meant to, and I quote, rape and pillage, to kill every Sister who attempted to get in the way of the Rothuun manifest destiny. Which is to conquer the galaxy, by the way, including the core." She rolled her eyes at such futile ambitions.

"So I guess the Rothuun aren't above senseless rapine and murder, but broken promises, that's too far." She threw up her hands in disgust. Maybe she was getting the hang of this sarcasm thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

6. - Top - End - #126
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ool Vulk

In the end, all the worry was for nothing. Flowers! Imagine that. Ool chuckles and draws back, letting the others who are more concerned about the matter press in. He goes to get himself a drink.

Ool Vulk and Shashagoona

Ool turns, said drink in hand, and takes a moment to size the Rocthuri up. He's not used to being shorter than someone, except Tra Gutri. At the extension of their tentacle, he grasps it warmly, giving it a hearty squeeze. "Hello! I see you know my name, so I can skip my usual, self-aggrandizing introduction."

He hesitates and lowers his voice to a whisper. "If you don't mind me asking, are you male or female? I'm sorry to say I can't tell very well."

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by PepperP24048778

Sai looked at the great purple man with no small amusement but she decided to take his advice in good faith.

[COLOR="#B22222"
    "How did you find your true path, Space King?"[/COLOR]
    SPACE KING took off his visor exposing his black pupil-less eyes. For a brief moment he decided to respond with a degree of sincerity no knight would be allowed to witness.

Jaques shrugged. I didn't want to be a whipped janitor any more, and with some help I realized that I wasn't alone.

Jaques slowly began to put the vizer back on as his voice began to swell to it normal cadence "And through that power I ASCENDED to this PERFECT FORM. His statement punctuated by triumphant flexing.
    Last edited by Lleban; 2019-07-23 at 09:12 PM.

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128

SwashbucklerGuy

Unlike the other races being so alerted to the possible dangers of that one unknown guest, the Melfynians were too taken in by the jester's performance to even realize there may be something off about his closing on the Princess. It wasn't like there weren't any clowns in Melfynus- schools of clownfish were all over the aquatic planet but, entertainers and especially entertainers that could juggle (as the waters of Melfynus would do its best to hinder their movements) was a new experience for the Harkans in attendance.

It was for that reason they actually tried to get closer to the juggler. Not because they wanted to stop his performance, no siree, but because they wanted to be able to watch it all without even missing a thing.

Quite as even with their attentive observations, the Harkans could not perceive the jester's sudden and fierce actions from his previous graceful juggling as anything but aggressive and when that face finally registered for them they let out a collective scream; Kimdt's squeal of terror for Sai in perticular was exceptionally shrill that even the question which came to her of what the Efficiency Ground could be momentarily escaped her. When she recovered her shock, it was the question Princess Sai pointed out about the jester not needing a translator which stuck to her. Imagine the possibilities...

Spoiler: Space King & Grymlans
    Show
    The small Jeejee was giving SPACE KING a minor headache, either due to the squire whiskey or his manner of speech, its hard to tell. As long as the mad egg heads weren't a threat he didn't need to bother with them, but maybe they could be useful.EXCELLENT would you feel about mutual SPACE DENSE...I mean DEFENSE. Space is filled with bad HOMMES after, especially those cowmen they don't seem MILKABLE at alll.

While some of the Melfynians have spotted the jester, the energy the man had which was just about as much as the Rothuun distressed them and just like the Rothuun, they too kept away from the jester. Some at least, like Kimdt, found the Grymlans and the space king a lot more fun- if that was what they needed in the coronation.

A harkan upon seeing the hover chair asked "where the space king pleases? How are the chair's specs? Is there any distance or speed limitations?"

The Melfynians' de facto representative Kimdt followed up by asking, although not quite in tune with current affairs, "how do you determine what are your fightymuscles? We aren't too familiar with your biology but are they heavy? Is that why you need a flying chair?" While the Vacio seem to have the same inclination as the threatening Rothuun, the kings whimsy put the harkan more at ease. And then as if the mere mention of it put in more life into the conversation, "w-w-whats a space horse?!"

The Melfynians were such an excitable group. Space King was eager for the opportunity to serve as a role model for alien space youth....that was the purpose of this conference right? Dio really is gonna have a big debriefing, it'll be awkward when he'll have to remember the events he wasn't around for. Space King chuckled at the idea before responding HAHAHA...space chair specs are known by the eggheads, such concerns are made for SPACE KING to HOVER OVER.

Cowmen were bad, that the Melfynians could agree and Kimdt couldn't help but express her distress that the one Harkan she could rely on to deal with them wasn't present at the coronation. "thank goodness for the Lyraens. They were so heroic" she continued to comment with obvious admiration for the one able to blast the other's weapon the way he did.

But that aside she echoed her support for the Grymlans as, "the grymlans are very good friends to have. Not only your mutual defence, but they are also very knowledgeable. At the very least, an alliance with them would allow for a closed network we can use among ourselves instead of the Guardian's provided simulacrum which is full of room for exploitation" or at least, that was what she picked up from the more knowledgeable Melfynians.

But onto a topic more catered to Melfynian interests, the Kimdt added "if you guys end up getting a hub from the Grymlans of your own, maybe your eggheads can talk to ours about how the chairs work, and other stuff. Like the space... horses?" she asked again not knowing if the space king actually knew anything about them either since he avoided mentioning anything about it.

Private Audience with Droccen

The visitors from Melfynus led by Kimdt immediately upon entering the private room showed their concern for the Prin- no, she was the Empress now. It was terrifying what could have been and after the barrage of questions to ask of the Empress was alright (with some more clarification since the two parties physiology were so different) one Harkan finally gave the suggestion that with so many gifts the Empress should maybe consider already putting some to use. An echoing agreement among the others and then the interrogations continued.

Spanning from the obvious "who are this efficiency ground? Why did they do this? What did you do to get their attention?" to the "what did they predict? Are they against the callers? What about us since the callers are the source of our newfound advancements?" to the ideas which only added to the fears "do you think the Rothuun are behind this? They are pretty attacky and it looked like they weren't even around the clownman when the whole thing happened."
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2019-07-24 at 01:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

The Uplift Chorus

After the majestic coronation ceremony, Shashagoona received word about the private meeting of the Chorus. This would normally be a task for Faugloglys, but given what had just occurred with the jester, it seemed that something needed to be done now, and they were the only one here to do it.

They walked into the palace and found the room that the Chorus was using, and entered slowly, introducing themselves to the Chairman and the Tezh.

This one is Shashagoona, assistant to Consensus Leader Faugloglys <an image of Faugloglys bowing>. We assume that this meeting is being held to discuss the presence of the Orator AI <the jester juggling and rhyming> at the palace?

The Psychic Space Squids and the Etherites

While mingling in the crowd Shashagoona notices several individuals that, at first glance, appeared to be Lyraens, but it appeared they were more varied than just wolf-like. Seeking clarification, and potentially a first contact scenario, the pod of 6 meter tall Rocthurhi approached the menage a trios of furries.

Greeting, Ambassadors <a formal introduction of distinguished guests>. This one is Shashagoona, assistant to Consensus Leader Faugloglys <an image of the bowing leader of the Rocthurhi>, and member of the Uplift Chorus <Empress Sai, Chairman Ren, Talotius, and Faugloglys sitting at a table conducting business>. We are curious about your similarity to the Lyraens <the three Etherites standing next to Lyrae for comparison>, do you share potential ancestors <a zoomed out image of a potential evolutionary tree>, the way that the humans suggest as a reason that there are so many of them <a collage of the different humanoid races>?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DionysisReborn View Post
    The Uplift Chorus

After the majestic coronation ceremony, Shashagoona received word about the private meeting of the Chorus. This would normally be a task for Faugloglys, but given what had just occurred with the jester, it seemed that something needed to be done now, and they were the only one here to do it.

They walked into the palace and found the room that the Chorus was using, and entered slowly, introducing themselves to the Chairman and the Tezh.

This one is Shashagoona, assistant to Consensus Leader Faugloglys <an image of Faugloglys bowing>. We assume that this meeting is being held to discuss the presence of the Orator AI <the jester juggling and rhyming> at the palace?
    Riss hops down to the table when the flowers are presented and begins getting up close with them for a detailed inspection. They make small sounds of introspection while turning them this way and that, peering at petals and even placing one in their beak for chemical analysis.

This has gone on for a few minutes when the Rocthurhi representative shows up. They are followed closely by Talotius, Amistad, Thorvald, and Sepia.

"We offer greetings Shashagoona, assistant to Consensus Leader Faugloglys" Talotius' choral voice shows none of the frustration with the earlier dramatic fluff, introducing the rest of the Tezh Consensus envoy before addressing Sai directly "Thank you, Empress, for taking time out of your day to meet all of Us together. Riss, what can you share about the events that just transpired?"

The bird discards the flower gently with a silent 'ptoo' action before their voice kicks in "A lot, but not much" they say with a definite note of frustration. The Chief of Intelligence triggers the conference room's AV equipment and brings up recordings of the jester's procession through the courtyard, scanning results of him and the equipment he was with, a spectral analysis of the moment he vanished, and finally results about Their inspection of the flowers.

"We did not see his arrival though we imagine it was via the same means as the departure; IE some sort of direct transportation via energy conversion, but it doesn't match any signatures Tezh have ever seen before. HOWEVER, his bio-mech body makeup matches directly to readings we've gotten off of Courier faction members in our dealings with them. It wouldn't surprise Us at all if we could get an up-close inspection of their transportation equipment - the 'females' We think they call them? - and find a similar if not identical signature in how they move material around the galaxy."

"The translation ability also suggests a connection with Caller AI, similar to how everyone managed to communicate just fine that first day in the Simulacrum. Thanks to Talotius' private questions that first day we also have an idea about the identity of that AI based on the jester's lyrical conversation: the mention of 'Efficiency' correlating with an AI labeled 'Conveyance' that last checked in some 31,400 'galactic time' years ago."

Riss' head bobs back and forth as They bandy Shashagoona's input about Orator around in Their thoughts "There could definitely be a link there, 'fun' having been a word associated with that AI. Guardian's words suggest that they were the only ones still functioning, and have potentially two more suddenly making an appearance, one bringing a gift on behalf of another? It's just.. odd. But at least we do have a place to start searching for one of them."

"As for that gift: the lilies.. well they're just lilies. A rarity from all the records We've been able to pull up. Can you tell us anything more about them Empress Sai? Are they culturally significant in some way, perhaps relating to this 'doom' or 'revolution' that was spoken about?"

Riss stomps around the tabletop like only a bird can, coming to a stop with a flap of Their four wings to punctuate the finality "And that's everything We've got. It's definitely nothing that qualifies as answer but it's a good place to start digging for them!"

Amistad, Sepia, and Thorvald have taken seats around the table and are content to be quiet and listen, although the ebon furred Stozudal is busy looking at Shashagoona thoughtfully - the biologists unable to resist being intrigued by the squid-like creature across from him, although he does nothing to interrupt the conversation at hand.
    Last edited by KriegTiger; 2019-07-24 at 02:57 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

The entrance of the Tzeh draws the attention of Dax who almost immediately produces a set of eye ware from somewhere on his person and seems to stare almost entranced at Amistad and the other Tzeh as they approach Sai. Dax can be heard to say "reach out" to his companions, and Reffin traces a symbol in the air leaving behind a faint set of sparks that linger for a moment before cocking his head to the side in observation. Hushed conversation commences between the three. Dax seems to shake himself to begin a broader analysis.

The Jester
    The appearance and actions of the Jester, whatever it was caused the trio to retreat slightly into a very defensive stance watching for other surprises while always keeping a close eye on the Jester.

The Tezh Consensus:
    Dax splits from the others who quickly fall into flanking positions as they approach Talotius.
    "My appologies for staring" Dax says as he removes the goggles from his head and slips them into a coat pocket.
    "Your appearance and energy is and intriguing new experience and for those such as us, your motion is most unique. My name is Dax Shu'Triffalen, master of Energetic physics, Adept of Etheric and Mimetic Dimensional Studies and current head of the Council of the Nine Schools. I hope that there can be a peaceful exchange of ideas between our peoples, and an understanding of each other's ways."

The Psychic Space Squids

The approach of the Rocthuri seems to cause an involuntary step back from the Etherites. As Shashagoona begins speaking Dax makes a couple of gestures and flicks a couple of switches on his belt followed by Trask and Reffin. As they do the trio seem to start floating in the air stopping at near "head" height of the Rocthuri. Another gesture from Dax to Trask with an answering nod and Dax begins to speak. As he does, the Rocthuri receive mental images corresponding to the people and places talked about.

"Greetings Ambassadors <questioning image of 1:1 or 1 to a Collective many>. My name is Dax Shu'Triffalen, master of Energetic physics, Adept of Etheric and Mimetic Dimensional Studies and current head of the Council of the Nine Schools. <Two oddly shaped symbols appear at the mention of the schools and then one of a round room and table with no head and 10 chairs with nine occupied.> The one translating for us is Trask Strass'Tin master Noetic Science and head of it's school. <Another symbol is shown and Trask sitting in a council meeting in one of the chairs>. We are unaware of any common ancestry with the Lyrae the similar physicality would point to something in the past. Please excuse our caution <concepts of apology are transmitted as that seem to be surrounded by a number of untranslated symbols> but your own shape is similar to things our people have fought in our past <images of blacknesses and void and constant decay with tentacles of entropy reaching out> and things that we are constantly on the watch for in our future."
    Last edited by Electriccat; 2019-07-25 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

SPACE KING took off his visor exposing his black pupil-less eyes. For a brief moment he decided to respond with a degree of sincerity no knight would be allowed to witness.

Jaques shrugged. I didn't want to be a whipped janitor any more, and with some help I realized that I wasn't alone.

Jaques slowly began to put the vizer back on as his voice began to swell to it normal cadence "And through that power I ASCENDED to this PERFECT FORM. His statement punctuated by triumphant flexing.
    "From whipped Janitor to ripped Space King, if that's not inspiring, I don't know what is."

Quote Originally Posted by DionysisReborn View Post
    The Uplift Chorus

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by KriegTiger View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Riss hops down to the table when the flowers are presented and begins getting up close with them for a detailed inspection. They make small sounds of introspection while turning them this way and that, peering at petals and even placing one in their beak for chemical analysis.

This has gone on for a few minutes when the Rocthurhi representative shows up. They are followed closely by Talotius, Amistad, Thorvald, and Sepia.

"We offer greetings Shashagoona, assistant to Consensus Leader Faugloglys" Talotius' choral voice shows none of the frustration with the earlier dramatic fluff, introducing the rest of the Tezh Consensus envoy before addressing Sai directly "Thank you, Empress, for taking time out of your day to meet all of Us together. Riss, what can you share about the events that just transpired?"

The bird discards the flower gently with a silent 'ptoo' action before their voice kicks in "A lot, but not much" they say with a definite note of frustration. The Chief of Intelligence triggers the conference room's AV equipment and brings up recordings of the jester's procession through the courtyard, scanning results of him and the equipment he was with, a spectral analysis of the moment he vanished, and finally results about Their inspection of the flowers.

"We did not see his arrival though we imagine it was via the same means as the departure; IE some sort of direct transportation via energy conversion, but it doesn't match any signatures Tezh have ever seen before. HOWEVER, his bio-mech body makeup matches directly to readings we've gotten off of Courier faction members in our dealings with them. It wouldn't surprise Us at all if we could get an up-close inspection of their transportation equipment - the 'females' We think they call them? - and find a similar if not identical signature in how they move material around the galaxy."

"The translation ability also suggests a connection with Caller AI, similar to how everyone managed to communicate just fine that first day in the Simulacrum. Thanks to Talotius' private questions that first day we also have an idea about the identity of that AI based on the jester's lyrical conversation: the mention of 'Efficiency' correlating with an AI labeled 'Conveyance' that last checked in some 31,400 'galactic time' years ago."

Riss' head bobs back and forth as They bandy Shashagoona's input about Orator around in Their thoughts "There could definitely be a link there, 'fun' having been a word associated with that AI. Guardian's words suggest that they were the only ones still functioning, and have potentially two more suddenly making an appearance, one bringing a gift on behalf of another? It's just.. odd. But at least we do have a place to start searching for one of them."

"As for that gift: the lilies.. well they're just lilies. A rarity from all the records We've been able to pull up. Can you tell us anything more about them Empress Sai? Are they culturally significant in some way, perhaps relating to this 'doom' or 'revolution' that was spoken about?"

Riss stomps around the tabletop like only a bird can, coming to a stop with a flap of Their four wings to punctuate the finality "And that's everything We've got. It's definitely nothing that qualifies as answer but it's a good place to start digging for them!"

Amistad, Sepia, and Thorvald have taken seats around the table and are content to be quiet and listen, although the ebon furred Stozudal is busy looking at Shashagoona thoughtfully - the biologists unable to resist being intrigued by the squid-like creature across from him, although he does nothing to interrupt the conversation at hand.

"So you think the jester might have been some sort of AI?" Sai had done her best trying to follow the others line of thought. The Empress looked up as Kuro approached the table from his vigil in front of the door.

"Pardon me but my scans detected a fine mesh webbing on the jester. I believe the reading was coming from inside of him." He nodded and went back to guarding the room, satisfied that he had imparted his knowledge.

"Oh! Thank you Kuro. That's very interesting..." She touched the lillies that looked a bit worse for wear with all the handling.

"Lillies are one of the few flowers we have left on Droccen. They are quite prized and precious, especially white ones. They seemed a deliberate choice. But why me? Was it merely the opportune chance at a wide audience during my coronation? And if he is warning us, is he on our side? Or his benefactor anyway." Her voice trailed off as she mused.
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Sai deflated a bit as she realized any real attraction she had felt to the Celenian's offer was for the frigates, and not to the people themselves.

"Of course your people's protection would be foremost in your priorities." She took a deep breath.

"I don't think I'm your people, Constantine. This deal is not going to happen. It's flattering and generous but it's not going to happen."

"I won't lie and say that I'm not disappointed."
    Constantine was already getting up from his chair. "Alas. This will play well with my people though, and our shareholders. The offer was overgenerous. Selling the ships to the navy instead will make Relor Industries modestly wealthier."

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Electriccat View Post
    The entrance of the Tzech draws the attention of Dax who almost immediately produces a set of eye ware from somewhere on his person and seems to stare almost entranced at Amistad and the other Tzech as they approach Sai. Dax can be heard to say "reach out" to his companions, and Reffin traces a symbol in the air leaving behind a faint set of sparks that linger for a moment before cocking his head to the side in observation. Hushed conversation commences between the three. Dax seems to shake himself to begin a broader analysis.

The Tezch Consensus:
    Dax splits from the others who quickly fall into flanking positions as they approach Talotius.
    "My appologies for staring" Dax says as he removes the goggles from his head and slips them into a coat pocket.
    "Your appearance and energy is and intriguing new experience and for those such as us, your motion is most unique. My name is Dax Shu'Triffalen, master of Energetic physics, Adept of Etheric and Mimetic Dimensional Studies and current head of the Council of the Nine Schools. I hope that there can be a peaceful exchange of ideas between our peoples, and an understanding of each other's ways."
    Talotius turns to address the speaker, responding cordial formality "We offer greetings Dax Shu'Triffalen, master of Energetic physics, Adept of Etheric and Mimetic Dimensional Studies and current head of the Council of the Nine Schools. We are Talotius, Speaker for the Tezh Consensus. We take no offense at curiosity that is focused Our way - physicality is a vast experience and there are many things which are new or different for Us and our fellow siblings after the date of activating the Tessering Construct/doorlight device."

"To address your interest directly: this frame navigates physicality through manipulation of energy fields related to the properties of mass and gravity. We do our best to simulate how others ambulate without being too precise - as we have found that such exacting detail can often have an unpleasant effect on socialization."

The prospect and offer of knowledge sharing always pleases Tezh, and the blue mote sparkles briefly before settling again "We are amenable to such exchanges, as they can often lead to new advancements for the betterment of all or at the very least bring a new perspective through which to view physicality."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by omnitricks View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unlike the other races being so alerted to the possible dangers of that one unknown guest, the Melfynians were too taken in by the jester's performance to even realize there may be something off about his closing on the Princess. It wasn't like there weren't any clowns in Melfynus- schools of clownfish were all over the aquatic planet but, entertainers and especially entertainers that could juggle (as the waters of Melfynus would do its best to hinder their movements) was a new experience for the Harkans in attendance.

It was for that reason they actually tried to get closer to the juggler. Not because they wanted to stop his performance, no siree, but because they wanted to be able to watch it all without even missing a thing.

Quite as even with their attentive observations, the Harkans could not perceive the jester's sudden and fierce actions from his previous graceful juggling as anything but aggressive and when that face finally registered for them they let out a collective scream; Kimdt's squeal of terror for Sai in perticular was exceptionally shrill that even the question which came to her of what the Efficiency Ground could be momentarily escaped her. When she recovered her shock, it was the question Princess Sai pointed out about the jester not needing a translator which stuck to her. Imagine the possibilities...

Private Audience with Droccen

The visitors from Melfynus led by Kimdt immediately upon entering the private room showed their concern for the Prin- no, she was the Empress now. It was terrifying what could have been and after the barrage of questions to ask of the Empress was alright (with some more clarification since the two parties physiology were so different) one Harkan finally gave the suggestion that with so many gifts the Empress should maybe consider already putting some to use. An echoing agreement among the others and then the interrogations continued.

Spanning from the obvious "who are this efficiency ground? Why did they do this? What did you do to get their attention?" to the "what did they predict? Are they against the callers? What about us since the callers are the source of our newfound advancements?" to the ideas which only added to the fears "do you think the Rothuun are behind this? They are pretty attacky and it looked like they weren't even around the clownman when the whole thing happened."
    "The Rothuun are pretty attacky but I don't think this was them." Sai began with the last question and attempted to remember them all.

"Can you imagine them speaking in rhyme? No. So I don't know who they are or what I did to come under their attention. It might have just been that they wished to serve a warning, and my coronation was the most convenient time to do so, as many people are gathered together. They warned of "doom" and a revolution". It was unclear as to who they were referring to." She looked to the Harkan fondly.

"I do not think they are against you, dear Kimdt. I think they are for you! They came all this way to warn us including you. Not that traveling appeared to be a particular hardship for him."

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

"I won't lie and say that I'm not disappointed."
    Constantine was already getting up from his chair. "Alas. This will play well with my people though, and our shareholders. The offer was overgenerous. Selling the ships to the navy instead will make Relor Industries modestly wealthier."
    "There are always sides aren't there? There will be some of my people regretful that we didn't get those free frigates." All they would have cost is the rest of her life. No, she had the power to not barter herself away, as her Grandmother had bartered her sister for the colony.

"Take care of yourself, Constantine, and be well." Her smile was subdued as she bid farewell to her would-be suitor. Perhaps if she hadn't yet met Vaou things might have been different between them. Then again perhaps not.
    #Notallinfluencers

16. - Top - End - #136

The Eternal Assembly of Alysia
    "Lady Aladia, I'm glad we were able to come to an agreeable outcome in our near space regarding Proxos. I hope that this project will lead to a longer lasting friendship and co-operation between our peoples. I look forward to further conversations regarding the longer term goals of your people and how we be able to co-operate to achieve them."

The Tezh Concensus
    "It is often through the new and unique challenges that the greatest advancements are made. I am glad to hear of your openness to information exchange, we have, we would like to think, topics covering all of the branches of study of the universe at our University. At some point in the future perhaps a more formal embassy could be established."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Barbarian in the Playground

[CENTER]Private audience with Sai[/CENTER
    After running off to inform his superior of the events and tell the two guards with him to start scanning for traces of strange energy, he returned to the palace. He found Sai in a meeting with the SPACE KING. and after a few minutes the SPACE KING left so he and Krazkul approached Sai. He decided he should be the first to speak being the one who witnessed this whole thing. Pr-Empress now is it? Me and my superior would like a word with you. Once Sai is seated Nozdak begins to speak. Empress Sai I am sure you already know why I have asked to have this meeting. The events of today have greatly concerned me and my superior and I want to get as much information about what happened as possible. I have already talked to some one who gave me the recording of the words the jester spoke and we are going to analyze them but my biggest question right now is whey did the jester appear her and why you?

Now its Krazkul speakI believe that this event prophesies a threat against our civilizations and my first duty is to prepare my forces to stop it. Thats hard to do when you don't know what your facing. Their is also the possibility this is all a trick by either your nation wether you know about it or not, or one of the other parties attending this event. I know of no race that could do what he did but I will trust no one.
    He looks at Sai through his mask trying to see any sign that she may have been a part of this.
    Last edited by Ivor_The_Mad; 2019-07-25 at 01:08 PM.
    Come to the dark side; we have pop-tarts.
    "Is no fun. Is no Blinsky" "He is... FIZBOP THUNDERTOES!!!!!"

Spoiler: The Night of the Living Thread
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DivisibleByZero View Post
    We, as humans, have incisors. Those are made for tearing flesh and meat.
    Meat tastes good.
    If we aren't supposed to eat people, then why are they made of meat?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sai blinked in surprise, she had not been expecting so much interest. It was flattering but also oddly humbling, she hoped she was worthy of all this attention.

"I do desire closer relations with the Conclave, and truly already see your people as personal friends." She smiled gently at the uncomfortable prince.

"You should know that I am already betrothed to another, and if you stayed in my court, it would be in a strictly advisory/emissary role. I would also be interested in establishing a formal embassy within the Conclave." She blushed. The Tal-Amaryn was beautiful but her hand had been claimed by another.
    Aristas relaxed, relieved from any sort of duty to win the Empress's hand, the Viceroy meanwhile gave her an honest and true smile.
    "Congratulations Your Radiance. I am certain that Aristas will still be an asset to you and your Court. Pray tell, who is the lucky individual who has won your heart? They must be a truly worthy and compassionate individual."
    The Tal-Amanyn delegates do not seem at all concerned of the failure of their apparent marriage offer. After a few more moments, Azric's other companion, Linia Salvord, speaks up. Azric shot her a quick look, but merely bowed deferentially to let her speak.
    "Your Radiant Majesty, who was that juggler?" she spun her hat in one hand as she spoke, "They were a most... Unusual addition to the festivities and their words were troubling. It may simply be the ramblings of a mad seer or an aspect of Droccen culture I am sadly ignorant of, but my mind constantly returns to their words."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivor_The_Mad View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [CENTER]Private audience with Sai[/CENTER
    After running off to inform his superior of the events and tell the two guards with him to start scanning for traces of strange energy, he returned to the palace. He found Sai in a meeting with the SPACE KING. and after a few minutes the SPACE KING left so he and Krazkul approached Sai. He decided he should be the first to speak being the one who witnessed this whole thing. Pr-Empress now is it? Me and my superior would like a word with you. Once Sai is seated Nozdak begins to speak. Empress Sai I am sure you already know why I have asked to have this meeting. The events of today have greatly concerned me and my superior and I want to get as much information about what happened as possible. I have already talked to some one who gave me the recording of the words the jester spoke and we are going to analyze them but my biggest question right now is whey did the jester appear her and why you?

Now its Krazkul speakI believe that this event prophesies a threat against our civilizations and my first duty is to prepare my forces to stop it. Thats hard to do when you don't know what your facing. Their is also the possibility this is all a trick by either your nation wether you know about it or not, or one of the other parties attending this event. I know of no race that could do what he did but I will trust no one.
    He looks at Sai through his mask trying to see any sign that she may have been a part of this.
    Sai's surprise was evident on her face, she hadn't considered that others might suspect the jester of being some Droccen trick.

"I understand and share your concerns, please believe me when I tell you that I nor Droccen had anything to do with the appearance of that jester or the warnings he spoke of. I have no idea why he chose my coronation to deploy his warnings, other than the sheer convenience of having many peoples gathered here at once. One might assume from his actions and words, that him or perhaps his benefactor is on our side. If his warning is even to be trusted, of course."

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aristas relaxed, relieved from any sort of duty to win the Empress's hand, the Viceroy meanwhile gave her an honest and true smile.
    "Congratulations Your Radiance. I am certain that Aristas will still be an asset to you and your Court. Pray tell, who is the lucky individual who has won your heart? They must be a truly worthy and compassionate individual."
    The Tal-Amanyn delegates do not seem at all concerned of the failure of their apparent marriage offer. After a few more moments, Azric's other companion, Linia Salvord, speaks up. Azric shot her a quick look, but merely bowed deferentially to let her speak.
    "Your Radiant Majesty, who was that juggler?" she spun her hat in one hand as she spoke, "They were a most... Unusual addition to the festivities and their words were troubling. It may simply be the ramblings of a mad seer or an aspect of Droccen culture I am sadly ignorant of, but my mind constantly returns to their words."
    "I'll be happy to have him here, Your Grace." Sai smiled warmly at the Prince, sympathizing with his more relaxed mien now that that issue of potential matrimony was off the table.

"I don't know who he was. When he first appeared, I was unconcerned because I assumed he had come in with an official delegation. A clown at a party is nothing to be feared, after all. Unless you're afraid of clowns." She amended with a quick grin.

"He spoke of an "incoming doom" and of "revolution" I... have no idea if that was directed at me personally, or at the audience at large. It certainly does make me ever more concerned about whatever the Sisterhood has contained within the core and I was already greatly concerned about it. Not that I have anyway to know if the two are connected, I am just guessing at this point. Grasping at straws to try and make sense of it. It would seem that he chose my coronation to appear simply because there are so many peoples in attendance. It may have been just a matter of convenience for him."
    #Notallinfluencers

20. - Top - End - #140

cool Re: [Empire 5] The Coronation of Sai

Spoiler: Empress talk
    Show
    "From whipped Janitor to ripped Space King, if that's not inspiring, I don't know what is."
    SPACE KING NO LONGER HAS SENSE OF SCALE. And SPACE is good at One upsmanship. Whether you're loved, feared, or admired GOOD LUCK forging you're path. Jaques ended with a flex aimed skyward.

Spoiler: Melfynians
    Show

Cowmen were bad, that the Melfynians could agree and Kimdt couldn't help but express her distress that the one Harkan she could rely on to deal with them wasn't present at the coronation. "thank goodness for the Lyraens. They were so heroic" she continued to comment with obvious admiration for the one able to blast the other's weapon the way he did.

But that aside she echoed her support for the Grymlans as, "the grymlans are very good friends to have. Not only your mutual defence, but they are also very knowledgeable. At the very least, an alliance with them would allow for a closed network we can use among ourselves instead of the Guardian's provided simulacrum which is full of room for exploitation" or at least, that was what she picked up from the more knowledgeable Melfynians.

But onto a topic more catered to Melfynian interests, the Kimdt added "if you guys end up getting a hub from the Grymlans of your own, maybe your eggheads can talk to ours about how the chairs work, and other stuff. Like the space... horses?" she asked again not knowing if the space king actually knew anything about them either since he avoided mentioning anything about it.

Are they, you speak highly of our FFURRY FRIENDS, do you want this to be A SPACE męlée ŕ trois.

SPACE KING decided to give a brief description of space horses to satiate the Melfynians burning hunger. SPACCEE HORSES are majestic creatures not unlike LAND HORSES, but they're bright metallic PINK armed with a MAJESTIC HORN. I know not how but they RUN IN SPACE at sub luminal speedds. Every knight must KNOW their SPACE HORSE, but my horse knows MY GREATEST SECRETS, so its in the ship.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141

Conference Room - Uplift Chorus and Empress Sai
    "So you think the jester might have been some sort of AI?" Sai had done her best trying to follow the others line of thought. The Empress looked up as Kuro approached the table from his vigil in front of the door.

"Pardon me but my scans detected a fine mesh webbing on the jester. I believe the reading was coming from inside of him." He nodded and went back to guarding the room, satisfied that he had imparted his knowledge.

"Oh! Thank you Kuro. That's very interesting..." She touched the lillies that looked a bit worse for wear with all the handling.

"Lillies are one of the few flowers we have left on Droccen. They are quite prized and precious, especially white ones. They seemed a deliberate choice. But why me? Was it merely the opportune chance at a wide audience during my coronation? And if he is warning us, is he on our side? Or his benefactor anyway." Her voice trailed off as she mused.
    Riss shakes their head "We can't say for certain but we really don't think so. The body scans were clear on this person being flesh and blood, with a bit of tech in the mix. Plus there's Guardian as an example of Caller AI's - the amount of horsepower they claim to have and power required to drive it make it extremely unlikely that this interloper was anything more than a pawn."

The bird ruffles their wings and paces "Although we must admit that's based off a sample size of exactly one and trying to make a best guess from there." They turn to Kuro and tilts their head curiously "Mesh? We missed that - please chip in as much detail as you can, ideally direct scanner or imaging results if you've got them."

Courtyard after the Coronation Ceremony
    Quote Originally Posted by Electriccat View Post
    The Tezh Concensus
    "It is often through the new and unique challenges that the greatest advancements are made. I am glad to hear of your openness to information exchange, we have, we would like to think, topics covering all of the branches of study of the universe at our University. At some point in the future perhaps a more formal embassy could be established."
    "We find your offer inviting, and would welcome further communication to establish exchanges of knowledge and culture."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Vilari

His ceramic fingertips cool against Sai's, the Speaker nodded at her invitation.

"It would be our honor to accompany you, Empress."

Lowering his hand, he shifted to introduce the Vilari at his side. One was bone-white and had a crest that resembled teeth more than the rolling waves of Ren-Kulto, his encounter suit thrumming with bright red patterns that stood out as starkly as his scales. The other's scales were a lighter shade of Ren-Kulto's burgundy, his blue patterning further suggesting some shared relation.

"Allow me to present my companions, Ship-Master Sildyr-Vos of the Beneficent Horizon and Prelate Ren-Aelyn, chief of our newly-founded diplomatic corps."

The stark white Vilari brought his hand to the center of his chest as he was introduced as Ship-Master, the taper of his fingers giving the impression of a fin or bladed weapon. He remained silent through the ritualistic motion, allowing the Prelate to step forward and give a more-humanoid bow.

"Empress, it is my honor to meet you. Were all the people of this galaxy so amiable as yours, I would quickly find myself without a duty to perform. Please, accept this humble gift on behalf of the Speaker and the Seer Council."

Reaching into a small compartment at the small of his back, Ren-Aelyn removed a shimmering sphere of milky crystal. It spun lazily atop a base of silver metal, the low hum of a repulsion field the only sign of advanced technology in the piece. As it passed from his hands to Sai's, the Prelate stepped back and the Speaker continued.

"A tradition from our homeworld, gifted to travelers on long journey. It is best experienced in water, but hold it to your ear."

The crystal was cool against Sai's skin as she brought it close, but for the length of several heartbeats there was nothing. Except...there it was, something at the edge of hearing. Sai focused on it, and as she did so it seemed to grow ever louder. It was music, of a kind, a wordless song of tone and harmony that struck her to the core with an incomparable longing. In an instant, she felt as a child in her mother's arms, at once assured of maternal love but also struck by her gaping absence. It was a paen to the innocent comfort of youth, a last longing farewell from half a galaxy away.
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2019-07-26 at 02:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

23. - Top - End - #143

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: Empress private audience
    Show
    "The Rothuun are pretty attacky but I don't think this was them." Sai began with the last question and attempted to remember them all.

"Can you imagine them speaking in rhyme? No. So I don't know who they are or what I did to come under their attention. It might have just been that they wished to serve a warning, and my coronation was the most convenient time to do so, as many people are gathered together. They warned of "doom" and a revolution". It was unclear as to who they were referring to." She looked to the Harkan fondly.

"I do not think they are against you, dear Kimdt. I think they are for you! They came all this way to warn us including you. Not that traveling appeared to be a particular hardship for him."

And upon the assessment of the Empress, Kimdt couldn't help but nervously agree with a "y-y-yes... it m-m-might be too subtle for Rothuuns..." and it was a little shameful that she jumped on the conclusion. Of course after how the Rothuun already tried to attack her, it was an obvious conclusion but that attack itself along with all the others also demonstrated "Rothuuns... t-t-they're quite straightforward in forcing what they w-w-want."

But the question remained, who did the jester represent?

Kimdt then went on with her hypothesis that unless the Empress had simply thrown out invitations everywhere for anyone to get hold of; she suspected it would be one of the other Caller AIs like Guardian. A quick check through the records of the Powers' interrogation of Guardian, the Harkan quickly pointed out her most likely suspect to be Orator which would explain his ability to communicate with everyone and his whimsical nature. Her suggestion; "maybe if we want to look into Efficiency Ground and their Revolution, we also need to look out for Orator as well."

Spoiler: Space King
    Show
    Are they, you speak highly of our FFURRY FRIENDS, do you want this to be A SPACE męlée ŕ trois.

SPACE KING decided to give a brief description of space horses to satiate the Melfynians burning hunger. SPACCEE HORSES are majestic creatures not unlike LAND HORSES, but they're bright metallic PINK armed with a MAJESTIC HORN. I know not how but they RUN IN SPACE at sub luminal speedds. Every knight must KNOW their SPACE HORSE, but my horse knows MY GREATEST SECRETS, so its in the ship.

The Melfynians seemed to be visibly distressed at the Space King's suggestion. It could be blamed their inability to interpret what the Guardian given translators had translated but a murmur could be heard among some of the Harkans on why everyone seemed to be so aggressive on this occasion. At the very least, one had at least tried to point out they were merely speaking on the possibilities of easing into friendly relations and the benefits thereof.

Although fortunately there was that curious question lingering about which had made it so the Melfynians didn't just immediately took to an escape and that was "are the space horses sentient and able to talk? Since you said yours knows your greatest secrets and you have to leave it in the ship" or so Kimdt assumed, already trying to think through the reason why a land horse and a space horse may differ just as Harkans and Droccen starfishes.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Vaou listened quietly as the others presented their scans and other evidence. Personally he was still quite uncertain what to make of the Jester or their cryptic words. He tended to agree it seemed likely the Jester was involved somehow with one of the non-Guardian Caller AIs though whether as a direct servant or in some cult-like capacity acting without fully understanding his role he was less certain. "Efficiency Ground asked me to warn" he scanned the first line of the fourth stanza again. Was Efficiency Ground the AI or some interlocutor acting as diviner of a degraded AI's meaning? Guardian had said they were running out of power and had lost contact with their brethren and that was why they had elected to elevate the many species brought to the Simulacrum in a last ditch effort to fulfill their purpose as stewards to the Callers' old home. If Guardian had been in decline why shouldn't their brethren be as well?

"When it is time for the Revolution" he reread the final line of the final stanza. Revolution was no strange concept to the Chairman of the SPR but this 'revolution' did not make sense in a political sense. Was the political revolution not what Guardian had enacted by empowering so many? The Rothuun were prime demonstration of the dialectical conflict caused by forcing so many different species to confront one another and so themselves. Suddenly a thought occurred to him.

"What if this Revolution the Jester spoke of is a physical phenomena not a political or military one?" he said standing up during a lull in the conversation, "Planets 'revolve' around their suns and science tells us on a far slower time table stars themselves perform 'revolutions' around the galactic Core ever spinning outwards on the spirals. If this Jester represents a Caller AI we have already seen what one such AI is capable of. The Gravity Latch Drive was technology Guardian felt they could share without breaching their protocols but the Couriers possess more advanced means to warp space time and Guardian called GLD inefficient when they gave it to us."

"What if this 'Revolution' has nothing to do with our governments or way of rule but something to do with where we are in physical location? Perhaps this 'Efficiency Ground' wishes to plunge us into the Core? Or toss the Rothuun and those near the Core away from it? I know it sounds far fetched given what we know of our own capabilities but the Callers were far beyond us in their understanding of this galaxy and their mark permeates so many sectors of the galaxy. Surely you all have kept up with the fantastic discoveries made by our peers related to lost Caller technology. We could be sitting on top of some transwarp hub capable of shifting planets themselves and not even be aware until some half-mad AI throws the switch."

He came over to stand near Sai and took her hand in his own comfortingly as the thought of their very foundation being susceptible to a sudden shift sunk in. All the more reason to come to Droccen sooner rather than later he thought to himself. If he was going to be tossed around the galaxy by some crazed AI he'd much rather do so by Sai's side than risk being thrown even farther away from the beautiful young woman who had captured his heart. He would begin drafting his resignation speech as soon as he returned home from the Coronation. There would be quite a few happy members of the Central Committee but, he hoped at least, an equal number disappointed to see him go. Perhaps he could elevate young Lt. Gates into the realm of politics sooner than he'd originally anticipated.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2019-07-26 at 08:16 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Vilari

His ceramic fingertips cool against Sai's, the Speaker nodded at her invitation.

"It would be our honor to accompany you, Empress."

Lowering his hand, he shifted to introduce the Vilari at his side. One was bone-white and had a crest that resembled teeth more than the rolling waves of Ren-Kulto, his encounter suit thrumming with bright red patterns that stood out as starkly as his scales. The other's scales were a lighter shade of Ren-Kulto's burgundy, his blue patterning further suggesting some shared relation.

"Allow me to present my companions, Ship-Master Sildyr-Vos of the Beneficent Horizon and Prelate Ren-Aelyn, chief of our newly-founded diplomatic corps."

The stark white Vilari brought his hand to the center of his chest as he was introduced as Ship-Master, the taper of his fingers giving the impression of a fin or bladed weapon. He remained silent through the ritualistic motion, allowing the Prelate to step forward and give a more-humanoid bow.

"Empress, it is my honor to meet you. Were all the people of this galaxy so amiable as yours, I would quickly find myself without a duty to perform. Please, accept this humble gift on behalf of the Speaker and the Seer Council."

Reaching into a small compartment at the small of his back, Ren-Aelyn removed a shimmering sphere of milky crystal. It spun lazily atop a base of silver metal, the low hum of a repulsion field the only sign of advanced technology in the piece. As it passed from his hands to Sai's, the Prelate stepped back and the Speaker continued.

"A tradition from our homeworld, gifted to travelers on long journey. It is best experienced in water, but hold it to your ear."

The crystal was cool against Sai's skin as she brought it close, but for the length of several heartbeats there was nothing. Except...there it was, something at the edge of hearing. Sai focused on it, and as she did so it seemed to grow ever louder. It was music, of a kind, a wordless song of tone and harmony that struck her to the core with an incomparable longing. In an instant, she felt as a child in her mother's arms, at once assured of maternal love but also struck by her gaping absence. It was a paen to the innocent comfort of youth, a last longing farewell from half a galaxy away.
    "You're too kind, Prelate Ren-Aelyn." She smiled warmly at the Vilari that had stepped forward but then tilted her head slightly in askance.

"Is Ren a family name? Are you related to Ren-Kulto?" She took the orb from him and was shocked by the force of emotion she felt when she put it to her ear. Her mother had passed away when she was very young, but every so often she'd get a flash of her. This orb was that but magnified exponentially. When Sai pulled it away she found her eyes were wet with tears. It took a long moment for her to find her voice again.

"That was beautiful... what's it do in the water?"

Quote Originally Posted by omnitricks View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

And upon the assessment of the Empress, Kimdt couldn't help but nervously agree with a "y-y-yes... it m-m-might be too subtle for Rothuuns..." and it was a little shameful that she jumped on the conclusion. Of course after how the Rothuun already tried to attack her, it was an obvious conclusion but that attack itself along with all the others also demonstrated "Rothuuns... t-t-they're quite straightforward in forcing what they w-w-want."

But the question remained, who did the jester represent?

Kimdt then went on with her hypothesis that unless the Empress had simply thrown out invitations everywhere for anyone to get hold of; she suspected it would be one of the other Caller AIs like Guardian. A quick check through the records of the Powers' interrogation of Guardian, the Harkan quickly pointed out her most likely suspect to be Orator which would explain his ability to communicate with everyone and his whimsical nature. Her suggestion; "maybe if we want to look into Efficiency Ground and their Revolution, we also need to look out for Orator as well."
    Sai was really regretting not questioning the guardian AI thoroughly when she'd had the chance.

"I'll certainly keep an ear out for clues and let you know if I find anything substantial. As for now, all I've got are guesses really." She threw her hands up in exasperation.

"I'm going to need to develop a cadre of inspectors I think."

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vaou listened quietly as the others presented their scans and other evidence. Personally he was still quite uncertain what to make of the Jester or their cryptic words. He tended to agree it seemed likely the Jester was involved somehow with one of the non-Guardian Caller AIs though whether as a direct servant or in some cult-like capacity acting without fully understanding his role he was less certain. "Efficiency Ground asked me to warn" he scanned the first line of the fourth stanza again. Was Efficiency Ground the AI or some interlocutor acting as diviner of a degraded AI's meaning? Guardian had said they were running out of power and had lost contact with their brethren and that was why they had elected to elevate the many species brought to the Simulacrum in a last ditch effort to fulfill their purpose as stewards to the Callers' old home. If Guardian had been in decline why shouldn't their brethren be as well?

"When it is time for the Revolution" he reread the final line of the final stanza. Revolution was no strange concept to the Chairman of the SPR but this 'revolution' did not make sense in a political sense. Was the political revolution not what Guardian had enacted by empowering so many? The Rothuun were prime demonstration of the dialectical conflict caused by forcing so many different species to confront one another and so themselves. Suddenly a thought occurred to him.

"What if this Revolution the Jester spoke of is a physical phenomena not a political or military one?" he said standing up during a lull in the conversation, "Planets 'revolve' around their suns and science tells us on a far slower time table stars themselves perform 'revolutions' around the galactic Core ever spinning outwards on the spirals. If this Jester represents a Caller AI we have already seen what one such AI is capable of. The Gravity Latch Drive was technology Guardian felt they could share without breaching their protocols but the Couriers possess more advanced means to warp space time and Guardian called GLD inefficient when they gave it to us."

"What if this 'Revolution' has nothing to do with our governments or way of rule but something to do with where we are in physical location? Perhaps this 'Efficiency Ground' wishes to plunge us into the Core? Or toss the Rothuun and those near the Core away from it? I know it sounds far fetched given what we know of our own capabilities but the Callers were far beyond us in their understanding of this galaxy and their mark permeates so many sectors of the galaxy. Surely you all have kept up with the fantastic discoveries made by our peers related to lost Caller technology. We could be sitting on top of some transwarp hub capable of shifting planets themselves and not even be aware until some half-mad AI throws the switch."

He came over to stand near Sai and took her hand in his own comfortingly as the thought of their very foundation being susceptible to a sudden shift sunk in. All the more reason to come to Droccen sooner rather than later he thought to himself. If he was going to be tossed around the galaxy by some crazed AI he'd much rather do so by Sai's side than risk being thrown even farther away from the beautiful young woman who had captured his heart. He would begin drafting his resignation speech as soon as he returned home from the Coronation. There would be quite a few happy members of the Central Committee but, he hoped at least, an equal number disappointed to see him go. Perhaps he could elevate young Lt. Gates into the realm of politics sooner than he'd originally anticipated.
    Quote Originally Posted by KriegTiger View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conference Room - Uplift Chorus and Empress Sai

Riss shakes their head "We can't say for certain but we really don't think so. The body scans were clear on this person being flesh and blood, with a bit of tech in the mix. Plus there's Guardian as an example of Caller AI's - the amount of horsepower they claim to have and power required to drive it make it extremely unlikely that this interloper was anything more than a pawn."

The bird ruffles their wings and paces "Although we must admit that's based off a sample size of exactly one and trying to make a best guess from there." They turn to Kuro and tilts their head curiously "Mesh? We missed that - please chip in as much detail as you can, ideally direct scanner or imaging results if you've got them."
    Kuro looked to Sai as though for permission. She nodded.

"Please Kuro, we're amongst trusted friends." She looked to the others apologetically.

"We've been careful not to divulge the complete details of our Guardians capabilities." She gestured at Kuro to go ahead and he nodded. A projection appeared over the table detailed the jester's fine metal webbing which seemed to be on the soles of his feet, and various pockets where a humanoid's internal organs would normally be; liver, heart, lungs, etc. She clasped Vaou's hand back and leaned against him slightly as he stood nearby her chair.

"It takes on a whole different meaning if we read it as a directional revolution, does it not? As though we're plunging through space towards our impending doom. Its meaning is no less mysterious to me, I must admit."

Spoiler: Empress talk
    Show

SPACE KING NO LONGER HAS SENSE OF SCALE. And SPACE is good at One upsmanship. Whether you're loved, feared, or admired GOOD LUCK forging you're path. Jaques ended with a flex aimed skyward.
    Sai smiled at the unusually charismatic Space King.

"Perhaps a little of all three, perhaps. How about this, is this very intimidating?" Sai directed her best FLEX towards the Space King as Kuro shook his head in silent disapproval.
    #Notallinfluencers

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Vilari

The three Vilari watched intently as Sai fell into the song, unsure whether an alien mind could even hear it. The tears in the Empress' eyes were answer enough, and the Speaker traded a look of quiet satisfaction with his Prelate. As Sai asked her question, he dipped his head slightly, perhaps in apology for inflicting such raw emotion on the woman in public.

"Air is not the ideal medium for the Hymn, Empress. Submerged, it suffuses the water, until liquid and song are nigh indistinguishable. There are few experiences so intimate among our people."

He paused, eyes boring into Sai's. What he might have been searching for, and whether he was successful, was unclear.

"The Prelate and I are related, in a way. Ren is the Coral City where we both we hatched, the oldest surviving settlement on Raphos. Vilari have but one given name, though it is intertwined with our personal patterning and a certain...familiarity."
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2019-07-26 at 08:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

27. - Top - End - #147

Sai's surprise was evident on her face, she hadn't considered that others might suspect the jester of being some Droccen trick.

"I understand and share your concerns, please believe me when I tell you that I nor Droccen had anything to do with the appearance of that jester or the warnings he spoke of. I have no idea why he chose my coronation to deploy his warnings, other than the sheer convenience of having many peoples gathered here at once. One might assume from his actions and words, that him or perhaps his benefactor is on our side. If his warning is even to be trusted, of course."
    Krazkul looks at the princess thoughtfully. I don't yet suspect you or your people. Yet. Their is no evidence against you. I think at the moment the best plan is to try to figure out where he came from and where he went. Who else here has been inquiring about the jester. I would like to speak to them too. For now I have to trust the jesters words to an extent. I believe if we ignore this event bad things could happen. Turns to go... Oh and one last thing, do you have any tech that monitors your atmosphere? For all we know the jesters still among us.

Show

Meat tastes good.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vilari

The three Vilari watched intently as Sai fell into the song, unsure whether an alien mind could even hear it. The tears in the Empress' eyes were answer enough, and the Speaker traded a look of quiet satisfaction with his Prelate. As Sai asked her question, he dipped his head slightly, perhaps in apology for inflicting such raw emotion on the woman in public.

"Air is not the ideal medium for the Hymn, Empress. Submerged, it suffuses the water, until liquid and song are nigh indistinguishable. There are few experiences so intimate among our people."

He paused, eyes boring into Sai's. What he might have been searching for, and whether he was successful, was unclear.

"The Prelate and I are related, in a way. Ren is the Coral City where we both we hatched, the oldest surviving settlement on Raphos. Vilari have but one given name, though it is intertwined with our personal patterning and a certain...familiarity."
    Sai sniffled and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

"This was sung by a mother, right? It had to be from... how it made me feel. Are your oceans filled with their beautiful songs?" A sense of longing returned and she felt herself wishing she could experience the song underwater in person. Though she also got a small chill of danger from it, as though she might lose herself too easily in the song and drown without ever knowing it was happening.

"I would like to experience it underwater. Perhaps on our trip to the ocean tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by Ivor_The_Mad View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Krazkul looks at the princess thoughtfully. I don't yet suspect you or your people. Yet. Their is no evidence against you. I think at the moment the best plan is to try to figure out where he came from and where he went. Who else here has been inquiring about the jester. I would like to speak to them too. For now I have to trust the jesters words to an extent. I believe if we ignore this event bad things could happen. Turns to go... Oh and one last thing, do you have any tech that monitors your atmosphere? For all we know the jesters still among us.
    "Well, everyone has been inquiring about it. It's caused quite the stir I'm afraid, but that just means we'll have many minds working on the issue and that can't be a bad thing." She sounded uncertain of whether that might be a bad thing or not.

"We do monitor what flies in and out of our atmosphere, yes. I hadn't thought to ask about it, I'd just assumed he had popped into existence like he popped out, but it would be worth asking just in case, I'm sure."
    Last edited by PepperP.; 2019-07-27 at 10:40 AM.
    #Notallinfluencers

29. - Top - End - #149

"Well, everyone has been inquiring about it. It's caused quite the stir I'm afraid, but that just means we'll have many minds working on the issue and that can't be a bad thing." She sounded uncertain of whether that might be a bad thing or not.

"We do monitor what flies in and out of our atmosphere, yes. I hadn't thought to ask about it, I'd just assumed he had popped into existence like he popped out, but it would be worth asking just in case, I'm sure."
    ”As far as I know it is impossible to “pop” in and out of existence like that. I can’t be sure though. I do know that when he disappeared he emitted a unidentifiable energy that gave off little to no heat. When I saw his heat signature it appeared human. I know not of humans who can do that. Check with some one. See what ships or objects left the planet at around that time. If you can’t find anything that either means he is still here or that you are right, he can “pop” out of existence.”

Show

Meat tastes good.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sai herself still wasn't sure what had been suspicious about a clown at a party, but Sukero had described the rather stark affair he had attended.

"I am grateful to you for wanting to protect me. I must admit it's a bit alarming that you have the power to appear as potentially anyone you wish. The Ninurtines must be masters of Intrigue." She smiled nervously.

"You appeared human at the Simulacrum." Sai thought back to the event a few years ago.

"Are the projections a matter of vanity then? No offense um... intended."
    "Vanity? Perhaps originally," Ledahadden said. "In truth they are simply part of our culture, and have been since before the first off-world colonies were founded." She paused. How to explain the centuries-old cocktail of paranoia, personal freedom, and, yes, perhaps vanity, that informed the present state? She decided not to, unless pressed further.

"We have other means of determining and verifying identity beyond appearance, for obvious reasons, but appearance alone is sufficient to confuse and deflect in emergencies, such as assassination attempts. During the Age of Oppression it was common for the holographs to be disabled altogether by the governing powers of the day, and since then our people have been very protective of the right to maintain them."

"We did indeed appear human at the Simulacrum," the Empress said. "Our preliminary investigations indicated that that was the most common body type present, so we deployed projections on that basis. We had developed hundreds of alternatives, depending on what life on other worlds turned out to resemble.

She coughed. "There is another matter I had hoped to put to you, albeit when it was planned we were not expecting that these would be the circumstances. I do not know whether your highness is familiar with the Ninurtine governing ideology, but the legitimacy of our government rests on the principal of universal sovereignty. There is no power or authority higher than our Emperor, save for the gods. But with the recent dramatic discovery of so many different peoples on different worlds, it is clear that the galaxy is far too large a place for one man to hold sway over all. As such it is our intention to formally recognise the Droccen Empress as the Emperor's counterpart, as partner and co-sovereign in the government of the galaxy, and we have prepared a treaty to that effect for your kind attention."

She stopped short of saying how unprecedented this was, or how great an honour for the Droccen. That should surely be apparent.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)