New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

The beginning of the Video Game Dad Renaissance.

Released in 2012 for all non-Nintendo options, Dishonored is a FPS stealth game by Arkane Studios, published by Bethesda. This is basically my limit of knowledge on the game (barring one more thing I'll wait to talk about on the off chance someone watching is blinder than I am on it) because I have basically not played this game! That's right folks, it's time for a BLIND video series from yours truly. With that in mind, please note the rules; do not talk about spoilers! I won't give an absolute blanket "no spoilers at all" policy, just don't let it consume the thread. Focus on the here and now. Additionally, I do not know if I will be going for 100% clear because, as I've never played this game before, I don't exactly know what that would mean! We'll see once we get to that bridge. And finally, don't... don't expect my typical level of quality when it comes to play. I know in Momodora IV I was really good at it even though it was blind, but that's because that's a game type I play on purpose and am good at.

I am not good at stealth games.

With that all being said, I'll cut to the chase. It's time... for Dishonored!

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [1] Homecoming

Video Length: 27:55

In this episode, we're introduced a bit to plot, and shown essentially most of our mechanics in this game. This post will go over both of those thins, in that order.

Plot wise, we're Corvo Attano, the head bodyguard of Empress Jessamine, ruler of Dunwall and presumably a bunch of other vaguely British places I don't know how big an Empress's reach would be. We're just back from asking foreign lands help with dealing with the plague of rats, a duel sided sickness/rodent infestation. We don't have anything good to report, but unfortunateley the Empress is attacked by steam-punk (I'm sorry, whale-punk) ninjas, who we make quick work of up until we don't due to strange magicks. Bad things happen, Corvo gets imprisoned, thus the title. We had an honor, it has now been dis'ed.

Mechanics wise... this is a stealth FPS game. I say FPS because you are in a first person view, regardless of the fact that it's pretty clear this is more of a slashy than a shooty. The stealth mechanics feel... a little tricky to get a hang of, since it feels like the game is pulling one or two "gotcha" moments on me. I'm sure part of it is just my inexperience, but it's a little frustrating. Nothing game breaking of course. What's a little weird (though it makes sense) is that your side arm is in your left hand, but uses the right mouse button, and vice versa for your sword. I think they should have been visually switched. There's also minor parkour, and it actually feels really fluid and intuitive so kudos for that game.

Finally, in it's own seperate section since it's technically both mechanics AND story... we have chaos. Chaos is how messed up and bloody the world is. We get high chaos from killing people, and we get... I guess low chaos from not? This feels like a system where any mistake is a permanent scar but any progress is just kinda impermeable and nothing. I don't mind having alternate endings based on killing, and like I say in video I'm gonna make an honest to god try at not killing absolutely everyone in my path, but given my inexperience plus a couple other factors we'll see Later, we'll see how long that is viable. I'm going to do my ABSOLUTE best not to kill everyone, but I'm also JUST going to do my best. I'm not going to rise above myself in any capacity here.

Sometimes you need to cut the knot. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed! I'll see you all next time for the next episode.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

Ah Dishonored. One of my favourite games and the first of stealth games I played. Most likely spoiled my on future stealth games.

It is important to note that high or low chaos does have an effect in game. Chaos increases from human kills and spotting, while not killing and being stealthy gives low. You do get a bit of leeway so clean hands isn't nescessary. There are some other ways to increase/decrease chaos but those are pretty obvious when they present themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Ah Dishonored. One of my favourite games and the first of stealth games I played. Most likely spoiled my on future stealth games.

It is important to note that high or low chaos does have an effect in game. Chaos increases from human kills and spotting, while not killing and being stealthy gives low. You do get a bit of leeway so clean hands isn't nescessary. There are some other ways to increase/decrease chaos but those are pretty obvious when they present themselves.
    Noted.

Also I'm so sorry that this is one of your favorite games this LP is going to be some degrees of painful I imagine. Hope you enjoy!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-07-15 at 07:56 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Noted.

Also I'm so sorry that this is one of your favorite games this LP is going to be some degrees of painful I imagine. Hope you enjoy!
    Dishonored is wonderfully open and it is often interesting how people go through a level to the target, so it will likely be enjoyable. Even with helplessly flailing around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, good, this is (yet another) series that I know zilch on. So, yes, there is very much someone blinder than you here.

Oh, hey. New warning screen now that voice.

Hide-and-seek is a cute way to frame a stealth tutorial.

Five minutes back, and already being framed. At least they're showing "hey, magic is a thing".

Ah, I see that non-lethal takedowns take some time, and that's the tradeoff.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Oh, good, this is (yet another) series that I know zilch on. So, yes, there is very much someone blinder than you here.

Oh, hey. New warning screen now that voice.

Hide-and-seek is a cute way to frame a stealth tutorial.

Five minutes back, and already being framed. At least they're showing "hey, magic is a thing".

Ah, I see that non-lethal takedowns take some time, and that's the tradeoff.
    I've actually had at least one person say they miss the old voice, so I'll have to tell him that. He'll get a kick out of it.

Yup! Also I think I say it next video and not this one, but if you wanna do your standard count-boy stuff, I'm curious on how many people I non-lethally vs very lethally take out.

And yeah, this game being somehow relatively obscure despite it's age and connection to Bethesda means I expected at least one person to be about as blind as me. I think you'll enjoy it quite a bit.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-07-15 at 12:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

As I recall it is LUDICROUSLY easy to get the high chaos ending and it's pretty much impossible to come back from. Which is why I was very, VERY careful and got low chaos in my own playthrough, but my hands weren't entirely clean. (also the "peaceful" solutions are pretty messed up, too)

Looking it up, though... your chaos rating goes up if you kill 20+% of the population you find in each mission, and if you kill 50% of the population you're stuck in High Chaos. With some factors bringing Chaos up or down.

There was no reason whatsoever to cut up the unconscious man!!!!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

I've actually had at least one person say they miss the old voice, so I'll have to tell him that. He'll get a kick out of it.
    There is a certain gravitas with the old one. Though, part of it is probably just being used to it.

Yup! Also I think I say it next video and not this one, but if you wanna do your standard count-boy stuff, I'm curious on how many people I non-lethally vs very lethally take out.
    Alrighty, I can probably count-person that stuff, indeed. Likely broken down by video. ..though, guarantee I'll be far more inaccurate with this stuff than anything else. (Given how often I might miss a baddie being, like, shot, oops.) I will not count the Tutorial Ninja Squad in those numbers, though, as there was zero options for non-lethal combat. (Also I can't tell if they're dead or not.)

...also, how do you want to count you stabbing a person a lot after a non-lethal takedown?

Also also, I'll only count creatures that seem to be enemies (or possibly innocent people). Unlike, say... those rats.

And yeah, this game being somehow relatively obscure despite it's age and connection to Bethesda means I expected at least one person to be about as blind as me. I think you'll enjoy it quite a bit.
    I'll admit, this has never been a genre that I've really gotten into. The only FPS series I've really played has been Halo (though, I did enjoy Space Marine back when the online was still roaring - though, that was probably for franchise-specific reasons ).

Spoiler: Takedowns
    Show
    Episode Non-Lethal Lethal Total
    1 1 3 4
    Total 1 4 4

9. - Top - End - #9
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Animals don't affect Chaos, but zombiesplague victims do, as do guards.

It's not explained up-front in the game, but Chaos does have an effect outside the ending. The higher your Chaos rating, the more densely populated levels will be. You'll have more rat swarms and more plagued civilians, more guard patrols, etc. So the game's difficulty will scale both on your progress through the story and by your Chaos. That's the tradeoff inherent in the system, taking the quick/easy route now versus making your job harder later on.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    There is a certain gravitas with the old one. Though, part of it is probably just being used to it.

Alrighty, I can probably count-person that stuff, indeed. Likely broken down by video. ..though, guarantee I'll be far more inaccurate with this stuff than anything else. (Given how often I might miss a baddie being, like, shot, oops.) I will not count the Tutorial Ninja Squad in those numbers, though, as there was zero options for non-lethal combat. (Also I can't tell if they're dead or not.)

...also, how do you want to count you stabbing a person a lot after a non-lethal takedown?

Also also, I'll only count creatures that seem to be enemies (or possibly innocent people). Unlike, say... those rats.

I'll admit, this has never been a genre that I've really gotten into. The only FPS series I've really played has been Halo (though, I did enjoy Space Marine back when the online was still roaring - though, that was probably for franchise-specific reasons ).

Show
    1 1 3 4
    Total 1 4 4
    Yeah you don't have to worry about rats and stuff. I'd say that non-lethal fellow who I then proceeded to stab to death in a completely unjustified minor fit of anger counts as JUST a kill, since the game counts that as a kill. The process of them dying invalidates the non-lethal take down aspect.

Don't worry, the way this game works I imagine it'll be pretty hard to miss me killing someone, haha... hah.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Animals don't affect Chaos, but zombiesplague victims do, as do guards.

It's not explained up-front in the game, but Chaos does have an effect outside the ending. The higher your Chaos rating, the more densely populated levels will be. You'll have more rat swarms and more plagued civilians, more guard patrols, etc. So the game's difficulty will scale both on your progress through the story and by your Chaos. That's the tradeoff inherent in the system, taking the quick/easy route now versus making your job harder later on.
    They do kiiinda mention it, but oh boy that sounds interesting. It does kinda lead to a unavoidable end point though doesn't it. If you're not good enough to sneak around at low chaos, high chaos will just make it harder, leading to more murder and thus more chaos and thus harder situations. It also means the best players also have the easiest time.

No judgement, it's a fine system, it's just interesting to think about.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

They do kiiinda mention it, but oh boy that sounds interesting. It does kinda lead to a unavoidable end point though doesn't it. If you're not good enough to sneak around at low chaos, high chaos will just make it harder, leading to more murder and thus more chaos and thus harder situations. It also means the best players also have the easiest time.

Yeah, it's kind of a snowball that way. It never truly makes the game impossible to stealth - there are almost always high-routes and alternative pathways that won't have enemies in them. But it makes it higher-risk since being spotted will chain more threats into you, and reduces your safety margin by shrinking the areas you can retreat into to drop pursuit.

Generally, you want to avoid fair fights whenever possible anyways. Shooting is hard when enemies are jinking around, plus ammunition will often be in short supply, and melee combat is very tricky even 1v1, let alone when you've got multiple hostiles. But you've got it right that keeping to non-lethal takedowns is a sort of skill test.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

First off, I am sorry-not-sorry I put this on the List. I think you'll have more fun with it than you think you will. There's multiple solutions to most problems, so it is a matter of preference how you solve each given puzzle.

"I don't know why everyone is calling me an assassin..." The definition of 'assassin' is 'someone who murders for pay'. In this case, you are accused of murdering the queen. And the two mustache-twirling fellows are making sure that is the only official rhetoric being released.

There's all kinds of ways to play this game. You can play it totally 'ninja master' style, sneaking in and out of everywhere without ever being seen. I've seen playthroughs of 'no kill perfect stealth' runs, I would never expect you to have to do all that, but it is at least theoretically possible (although one of the more difficult challenges out there). There's people who play with no magic, instead using the stuff normally used to do magic to do other things instead. There's people who abuse the heck out of magic.

Play the game how you like, Zodi. Even if you don't get the theoretically 'best' ending, it will still have been an interesting journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    First off, I am sorry-not-sorry I put this on the List. I think you'll have more fun with it than you think you will. There's multiple solutions to most problems, so it is a matter of preference how you solve each given puzzle.

"I don't know why everyone is calling me an assassin..." The definition of 'assassin' is 'someone who murders for pay'. In this case, you are accused of murdering the queen. And the two mustache-twirling fellows are making sure that is the only official rhetoric being released.

There's all kinds of ways to play this game. You can play it totally 'ninja master' style, sneaking in and out of everywhere without ever being seen. I've seen playthroughs of 'no kill perfect stealth' runs, I would never expect you to have to do all that, but it is at least theoretically possible (although one of the more difficult challenges out there). There's people who play with no magic, instead using the stuff normally used to do magic to do other things instead. There's people who abuse the heck out of magic.

Play the game how you like, Zodi. Even if you don't get the theoretically 'best' ending, it will still have been an interesting journey.
    Don't apologize, even as a sorry-not-sorry joke apology, because I am actually going to have fun with this. I've wanted to play it for awhile but like Deus Ex I needed the proper push. I'm excited to actually get into the nitty-gritty of it all.

My issue is that given the location and persona, they should be referring to me as prisoner and "Corvo" or "the former protector" or something. I get they think I killed the Empress, but it feels like they're just using dialogue from later in the game than they should. It's not bad, just a seam I noticed.

Like I said. I'm going to do my best not to murder everyone. That leaves room for error. I'll play the game the way I want to play.

I hope you enjoy the play-through Shneekey!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

I have also never played this game. Only dimly aware of its existence, really.

given my inexperience plus a couple other factors we'll see Later, we'll see how long that is viable.
    "Other factors" such as Zodi being a trigger happy maniac who stabs people up for fun and feels compelled to yell real-life responses to ingame dialogue? Somehow I don't think we're going to be seeing the 'good' ending...
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Zodi, I occasionally stumble upon your LPs, but your microphone quality really ruins it for me. Not every LPers needs a radio voice but your mic quality is about that of Teamspeak 3 back in 2006 when the quality DROPPED. Is there anything you can do about it? Because a few of your LPs are quite intriguing and fun but I cannot enjoy it with the quality right now.

Pleasepleaseplease don't buy an expensive microphone just for me.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    I have also never played this game. Only dimly aware of its existence, really.

"Other factors" such as Zodi being a trigger happy maniac who stabs people up for fun and feels compelled to yell real-life responses to ingame dialogue? Somehow I don't think we're going to be seeing the 'good' ending...
    I can assure you approximately 20% of all bullets fired this episode were on accident! I swear I'm not trigger happy my finger just slipped!

I'm never going to live down the revenge stabbing am I? You stab one unconscious person and suddenly you're a deranged murderer-assassin covered in spooky leather armour.

Yelling responses to the guards is The Best Content and I refuse to stop. Imagine if Corvo was actually saying what I said, that'd be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Zodi, I occasionally stumble upon your LPs, but your microphone quality really ruins it for me. Not every LPers needs a radio voice but your mic quality is about that of Teamspeak 3 back in 2006 when the quality DROPPED. Is there anything you can do about it? Because a few of your LPs are quite intriguing and fun but I cannot enjoy it with the quality right now.

Pleasepleaseplease don't buy an expensive microphone just for me.
    It's something I'm working on, it's just finicky. I'm sorry it's making the experience hard! My mic has... issues, both hard and software wise. I'll do my best to fix it, I've just been busy with so much other stuff.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-07-15 at 02:37 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

I'm never going to live down the revenge stabbing am I? You stab one unconscious person and suddenly you're a deranged murderer-assassin covered in spooky leather armour.
    YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE YOUR CREEPY MASK YET and you're already the creepy masked mass murderer.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

One thing to note Zodi: Be careful of where you leave sleeping people. Because facedown in water is no better than dead for the game's figuring.

19. - Top - End - #19

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

(Copied from the previous LP thread)

The main thing I've heard about The Mummy: Demastered, for better or worse, is the Souls-esque death mechanic.

When your soldier dies, he/she canonically dies. You then play an identically dressed soldier, sent in with just the starter rifle and 99 health, and have to fight your way back to the room with your predecessor, who is now a zombie with all of your upgrades. You have to re-kill them and take back your stuff.

It's a novel idea, but it means dying is more and more painful the farther you progress so either you love it or you hate it.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    One thing to note Zodi: Be careful of where you leave sleeping people. Because facedown in water is no better than dead for the game's figuring.
    Leaving them for the rats to devour is also effectively killing them. Basically, if an environmental effect will harm you, assume that leaving an unconscious enemy there will kill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

21. - Top - End - #21

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Get thee hence to GoG and get Thief 2: The Metal Age if you think Dishonored is good--you can see where it nicked most of its ideas from.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Toric View Post
    (Copied from the previous LP thread)

The main thing I've heard about The Mummy: Demastered, for better or worse, is the Souls-esque death mechanic.

When your soldier dies, he/she canonically dies. You then play an identically dressed soldier, sent in with just the starter rifle and 99 health, and have to fight your way back to the room with your predecessor, who is now a zombie with all of your upgrades. You have to re-kill them and take back your stuff.

It's a novel idea, but it means dying is more and more painful the farther you progress so either you love it or you hate it.
    Hey so this rules? This sounds awesome. I love it so much it's extremely good. It sounds super annoying but it's also basically perfect. It's perfect, The Mummy Demastered is immediately one of my favorites now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Leaving them for the rats to devour is also effectively killing them. Basically, if an environmental effect will harm you, assume that leaving an unconscious enemy there will kill it.
    Does that count as a me kill that increases chaos, or is that an inevitable thing?

If so, I think those two droogs that got ate by rats to show us how powerful they are are two unavoidable kills, maybe?

EDIT: I tried to play Thief 2: The Metal Age and severely misunderestimated how complicated the game is, cause I could not walk faster than a crawl and it couldn't be windowed.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-07-15 at 04:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

In the game-making world, that's called a positive feedback loop. The more you win, the more you win. Very common with strategy games, where difference in skill is very apparent and is almost always the defining factor for victory (as opposed to random chance or clutch moments).

The opposite is called a negative feedback loop. The more you lose, the more you win. This is common with some PvP games, like Mario Kart, where the intent is that everyone should have a fair shot at winning, and even pros will have odds stacked against them (this is why the person in last place gets the Blue Shell, and the person in first place gets the Green Shell).

The difference is, a positive feedback loop attracts veterans (to revel in their self-made success), and a negative feedback loop attracts noobies (to stand a chance against veterans).

One of my favorite examples of a negative feedback loop in a solo game (which is pretty rare, it's usually done to ensure noobies and vets can play together) is the Super Robot Wars tactics games. The better you do, the better permanent items, experience and plot devices you get (rewarding your success), but the game also gets harder and harder due to plot devices like having your allies get wiped out, or the enemy spawning MANY more units. As you start to fail more often and stop perfectly nailing your missions, the game will start to become easier again. This way, at no point in the game does it ever feel "easy", and every fight is a fight for your life.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-07-15 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah you don't have to worry about rats and stuff. I'd say that non-lethal fellow who I then proceeded to stab to death in a completely unjustified minor fit of anger counts as JUST a kill, since the game counts that as a kill. The process of them dying invalidates the non-lethal take down aspect.

Don't worry, the way this game works I imagine it'll be pretty hard to miss me killing someone, haha... hah.
    Alright, couldn't tell if you could kill a downed person or not. I wasn't seeing a difference in the downed text. Fixed. I... cannot guarantee
    I'll see all the "possible death" nonlethals, though.

Show
    1 0 4 4
    Total 0 4 4

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

If so, I think those two droogs that got ate by rats to show us how powerful they are are two unavoidable kills, maybe?
    There is always a place to stick bodies where they won't be found or eaten.

I love Dishonored and really wanted to watch your LP. However, you are making me motion sick.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Proud member of the "I Love Anyway" Club

Thank you, Ceika, so much for the avatar!

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post

I love Dishonored and really wanted to watch your LP. However, you are making me motion sick.
    Apologies! I'll fix that for next time I play. That'll be video three!

I expected there might be some motion sickness issues, so I'll do my best to reduce it!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's something I'm working on, it's just finicky. I'm sorry it's making the experience hard! My mic has... issues, both hard and software wise. I'll do my best to fix it, I've just been busy with so much other stuff.
    I've been doing Let's Plays for the past few years or so, and like to think that I've become at least a little competent at getting good-sounding audio. Want to compare notes?
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I've been doing Let's Plays for the past few years or so, and like to think that I've become at least a little competent at getting good-sounding audio. Want to compare notes?
    Not immediately, give me a chance to actually have time to fiddle with stuff

29. - Top - End - #29

*Dance battle intensifies*

A Taste Of: Cadence of Hyrule

17:27

Hey so this is probably one of the best games released all year. It's got accessibility options if you don't have a lick of rhytem in your soul (no judgement, no one can have literally perfect timing like I do) and it's also something truly, genuinely fresh and interesting. We need more indie developers to be allowed to play with Nintendo's big IPs. Also, important; you can play as Zelda, the first official real Zelda game where that is possible.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
    Namely, dumpsters. You can dump dozens of folk in one dumpster, and know they will all be safe. Just close it so guards don't see it and get on alert.

Be careful of ledges or anywhere there's water. I've had folks drop off a ledge when it really should've been fine, or drown in a tiny puddle. (Or, at least I think the drowning is a thing. Others correct me if I'm wrong.) I think it's just the physics engine of the game, or the controls being slightly wonky, but it made me have to be more paranoid than I felt I should have to be about safe placement of bodies.

If there might be rats nearby, make sure to put people on something with height, like a table, so the rats can't reach them.