The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 484
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Because he's brilliant and they need an inventor.
    I am aware. Hence my addendum of "(Yes, I know, probably because they really had no huge amount of options.)" after that statement. They didn't exactly have a plethora of non-mad scientist types for this, I'm sure.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mordokai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Ah, Dishonored. My latest flame. Bought it on the action for some 30 euros about a month or so back. A good deal, considering you get, well... everything

    I remember going for Clean Hands right out of the box. Actually managed to score all the missions without killing anybody(at least according to the end mission screens)... and yet, failed to get the achievement somehow. I was... pretty pissed.

    Consoled myself by getting Cleaner Hands and Cleanest Hands on both of DLCs. That felt pretty good. Right now, I'm going for Clean Hands as Emily. I think it's doable.

    One day, I'll go back and get Clean Hands as Corvo. So help me Outsider.

    Wish you all the best and much luck. Nonlethal takes some skill and some luck but is, in my opinion, much more fun and rewarding.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Finally, I do do a silly thing in this video. I'll leave it to you guys to figure out what, however.
    I hope you're not talking about the bit at the end, because that was priceless!

    I found it funny how the nobleman immediately struck you as suspicious. My instinctive reaction (as a Brit) was to trust him... no doubt that's a lingering symptom of the idolisation of the noble amateur/cultured dilettante (which is still a thing over here). Whereas in North America, I suppose that posh accent calls to mind movie villains and The Perfidious English... Of course, I expect you'll be proven right in the end.

    As for the new audio, the sound was a bit clearer, but the noise filter has clipped out some of your natural vocal tone, which makes it harder to actually follow the words, for me.
    Chibi Sora by zheida!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.
    Spoiler: PbP
    Show

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Whereas in North America, I suppose that posh accent calls to mind movie villains and The Perfidious English...
    Not exactly. It's perceived as an affectation to try to give on an air of being Upper Society.

    So it becomes "oh, someone's trying to fool me to do something that'll benefit them, but not necessarily be a good thing for me, even if things end up the way the individual wants... and if things go wrong, REALLY bad for me, and I'm the patsy..."
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2019-07-22 at 02:12 PM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    So on the DLC, I'd say do the two chunks as a seperate project. They are about as long as the main game after all.
    avatar by Three Shades
    Official Founder of the Defenders of the Kitsune, Nekomata, Tengu, Tanookie and Mujina. Please leave the Real World at the door.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    I hope you're not talking about the bit at the end, because that was priceless!

    As for the new audio, the sound was a bit clearer, but the noise filter has clipped out some of your natural vocal tone, which makes it harder to actually follow the words, for me.
    I'm glad someone liked it!

    I'll do my best to fiddle with it then. I think a new mic may be my best option, sadly.

    Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    So on the DLC, I'd say do the two chunks as a seperate project. They are about as long as the main game after all.
    Yeah that's all the answer I need, we're not doing The Adventures of Random Assassin Who Killed My Secret Wife as part of the project.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    I found it funny how the nobleman immediately struck you as suspicious. My instinctive reaction (as a Brit) was to trust him... no doubt that's a lingering symptom of the idolisation of the noble amateur/cultured dilettante (which is still a thing over here). Whereas in North America, I suppose that posh accent calls to mind movie villains and The Perfidious English... Of course, I expect you'll be proven right in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Not exactly. It's perceived as an affectation to try to give on an air of being Upper Society.

    So it becomes "oh, someone's trying to fool me to do something that'll benefit them, but not necessarily be a good thing for me, even if things end up the way the individual wants... and if things go wrong, REALLY bad for me, and I'm the patsy..."
    It's really fun watching people try to figure out why I, a Canadian, am inherently distrusting of a British Nobleman.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-07-22 at 02:33 PM.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's really fun watching people try to figure out why I, a Canadian, am inherently distrusting of a British Nobleman.
    To be fair, Canadians in general run the gamut on the opinions of British Monarchy and all. From "get rid of 'em" to "meh, I don't really care". I personally am on the 'I don't really care if they're there, as long as they don't tell us how to run our country' part of the scale. While I may not really even pay attention to the monarchy at all or any news thereof, I am still consistently impressed with the Queen at the very least. But I know that there are many people who feel otherwise, as well as others who feel the same way (and yet others who adore the monarchy). So... can't really pigeonhole anyone here.

    (I do understand the distrust of this one guy in particular, because he does give off the 'posh, just pretending to be nice in order to get ahead in life' vibe. But that's besides the point. )

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Yeah, it's not especially difficult to spot how much of a git Pendleton is, not if you spend any amount of time exploring the pub.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Yeah, it's not especially difficult to spot how much of a git Pendleton is, not if you spend any amount of time exploring the pub.
    Having said that, he's not the one you catch perving on the maid having a bath through the keyhole of the bathroom.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    I am pretty sure there is no player that has ever trusted Pendleton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Primus Imperium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    I am pretty sure there is no player that has ever trusted Pendleton.
    At first I wouldn't say I distrusted him (the stuck-up noble betraying the Loyalists seemed a little too obvious to me), but things happen later that make me truly despise the man.

    Not much later, tho; I think it's 2 or 3 missions in?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2019-07-23 at 02:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Everything is going according to plan. And by that I mean the plan has changed like 3 times in the last year but now I have it written down and the new plan is going well!.

    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

    Extended Sig

    Brother of Battle by Emperor Ing

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ShneekeyTheLost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    I wish I knew...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Was one of those mine, by any chance? If not it's fine, just curious.
    It was, in point of fact! In fact, your LP was one of my encouragements to suggest it to Zodi.

    My internet has been really lousy over the past few weeks, so I haven't had a chance to catch up yet, but I can sympathize with Zodi's difficulties in doing things in a non-lethal manner. Yes, bottles et cetera can be used to distract enemies, which might cause them to look the wrong way while you sneak up on them, however the usage is very fiddly and difficult to actually pull off in most cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

    My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    I think the old sound was better than this variant; noise reduction seems to have clipped out a bit of signal with it, there's weird hollow sounds in your voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Yeah I've decided to try and get a new mic and to fiddle some more. Please endure the next video being of similar quality Orz.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    It was, in point of fact! In fact, your LP was one of my encouragements to suggest it to Zodi.
    Cool! Always nice to hear that someone appreciates my stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yeah I've decided to try and get a new mic and to fiddle some more. Please endure the next video being of similar quality Orz.
    Dunno where in Canada you are, but if you're anywhere near a Best Buy they'll probably have a few decent options. The Blue Snowball is a good discount option if you don't have too much background noise. I've been using a Sennheiser PC8 headset for ages now. It's a bit bargain-basement, but it works well enough.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Cool! Always nice to hear that someone appreciates my stuff.



    Dunno where in Canada you are, but if you're anywhere near a Best Buy they'll probably have a few decent options. The Blue Snowball is a good discount option if you don't have too much background noise. I've been using a Sennheiser PC8 headset for ages now. It's a bit bargain-basement, but it works well enough.
    We do not have a best buy up here in The Northwest Territories, but that is what I managed to pick up!


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ShneekeyTheLost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    I wish I knew...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Some things you might not have picked up on yet that are hinted at in your third episode:

    * Whales do not look like they do in our world. There are subtle but terrifying differences.
    * Books are occasionally there for more than just background building. If a journal note is updated after reading one, you may wish to check your journal to see what updated
    * Each mission you are sent out on has a single target to be eliminated... and each one has both a lethal and a nonlethal means of doing so. The nonlethal means is almost always going to be more involved and complicated, but possible. The lethal means is easier, but increases Chaos. Some of the side-missions for the nonlethal means are quite... novel. You owe it to yourself to at least attempt them.
    * Whale Oil goes boom when you throw it or shoot it with something. This is a mechanic you were introduced to here. Expect it to become relevant during missions, either to solve puzzles, or to... ahem... 'solve puzzles'. It is, in fact, quite lethal to those nearby. Which can be a good thing, or a bad thing, depending on your goals.
    * This is a crapsack world you're stuck in, although not quite grimdark. The game doesn't sugarcoat this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

    My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    I do want to remind everyone that I'm blind on this. Episode 3 contains us going to sleep and Nothing Bad Happening, and then anything past that point is completely new to me. So while I do appreciate some heads up, and information that is unclear (like whales being Emrakul'd) is nice, but on the whole don't give me TOO many hints.

    I'll do my best to accomplish all side quests and such, don't worry.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Balmas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Middle-o'-Nowhere, Idaho
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yeah I've decided to try and get a new mic and to fiddle some more. Please endure the next video being of similar quality Orz.
    If you're taking microphone recommendations:

    The Blue Yeti is perhaps the prototypical mic for amateur recording, and for good reason. It delivers excellent audio quality, uses a USB jack instead of XLR, and has a number of useful features like in-line audio monitoring via a 3.5mm jack, a mute button, and a gain knob. At $100ish, it's decently priced, as well. I'll note, however, that it's very sensitive, and when I used one, I constantly had to deal with the sounds of keyboard clicks while I was playing.

    The ATR2500 USB is a bit cheaper at $70ish, but also doesn't include a stand, and misses some of the physical features of the Yeti.

    I've also heard good things about the Samson G-track pro, but I've never used one and so cannot actually give an accurate account of how it performs.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mordokai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Some things you might not have picked up on yet that are hinted at in your third episode:

    * Whales do not look like they do in our world. There are subtle but terrifying differences.
    I'm not sure I'd call a
    Spoiler
    Show
    giant maw of what looks like ****ing razor sharp fangs
    "subtle" difference
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I do want to remind everyone that I'm blind on this. Episode 3 contains us going to sleep and Nothing Bad Happening, and then anything past that point is completely new to me. So while I do appreciate some heads up, and information that is unclear (like whales being Emrakul'd) is nice, but on the whole don't give me TOO many hints.

    I'll do my best to accomplish all side quests and such, don't worry.
    No spoilers then, but you are at the cusp of the point where it Gits Gud. Also where you will undoubtedly want to punch a face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call a
    Spoiler
    Show
    giant maw of what looks like ****ing razor sharp fangs
    "subtle" difference
    Spoiler
    Show

    You might want to look at a sperm whale with its mouth open sometime.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I do want to remind everyone that I'm blind on this. Episode 3 contains us going to sleep and Nothing Bad Happening, and then anything past that point is completely new to me. So while I do appreciate some heads up, and information that is unclear (like whales being Emrakul'd) is nice, but on the whole don't give me TOO many hints.

    I'll do my best to accomplish all side quests and such, don't worry.

    Some sidequests do increase chaos, so there is that. (those are usually about killing people, etc. Sidequests that decrease chaos are non-murder or protecting people)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    This'll be the last video with unacceptable audio. Every LP of mine has a few rocky moments at the start, so consider this growing pains. Do enjoy today's video, because Monday's will sound good!

    Zodi Plays: Dishonored [4] Heart to Heart

    Video Length: 32:01

    In this episode, we finally take a nap. Something I imagine a lot of people would enjoy right about now. Less enjoyable, at least from an in character perspective, is that our nap is... let's say interrupted by our waking up in a strange, mysterious void full of floating debris and whale songs. It doesn't take us long to find the person responsible for our suddenly being inside a hellscape, and with that the game finally reveals it's true nature.

    We meet The Outsider, a horrifying eldritch figure, seemingly acting as a bridge between humanity and whatever odd cthulhu-ish being he is connected to. He's mysterious, surprisingly shirtless, and will grant us gifts in exchange for... seemingly nothing. Oh boy! With The Outsider's mark upon our hand, we can now Blink, a short range teleport that will be incredibly useful in the coming sneaking missions we'll have to accomplish. After encountering some lovely pseudo-real images while practicing with Blink, he then gives us his second gift... The Heart Of A Living Thing.

    The Heart is probably my favorite aspect of this game, that I know of currently. It is this somehow still living, beating heart, outfitted with strange, likely magicked machinery. It's overtly obvious that this is the Empress's heart in my opinion, and that just makes it so much creepier... and then you get into what it actually does; it beats rapidly as you approach the runes you can use to buy and upgrade our eldritch powers, but it's true main purpose in my opinion is that if we push the button associated with The Heart, it will whisper secrets into our ears. And I do mean ears, if you're wearing headphones prepare to be menaced. The Heart can tell you many interesting, depressing, and outright ominous secrets about the locations and NPCs in the game, with the caveat that if they're not directly plot important they get a random option from their "class", so like the maid and butler in the pub get generic, randomized responses based on their status as maid/butler. Still though, the unique things she says are PRETTY cool, sometimes dipping into melodramatic, and are always worth wasting my time listening to.

    With that all being said, it's time to progress with the actual plot. Havelock's got our first mission for us; assassinate the High Overseer. Looks like we're going for the big bad boss right off the bat! But as we approach our boat, a new face appears to ask us to spare her uncle, the captain of the guard, at the very least. We'll see what we can do.

    And that's it for today! I hope you all enjoyed. I for one am excited to see how this goes, since this is the cut off point. This is directly where I stopped playing when I first played this all those years ago, so now we're all 100% blind. Wish me luck in the future, and as a reminder next time, we're going to have actually good audio from yours truly!


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    But do you want to punch the Outsider in the face?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    But do you want to punch the Outsider in the face?
    I feel like doing so wouldn't accomplish anything. Like... I mean yeah ripping out my secret wife's heart and animating it with whale-tech and magic and then giving it to me as my navi, and also just kinda hoisting an eldritch warlock pact onto me is all PRETTY rude.

    But it'd be like punching The King In Yellow in his high priest. It would be like stepping on the toes of a man with a wooden leg.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    But do you want to punch the Outsider in the face?
    I always felt the guy who played him in the second game was far more punchable. The Outsider in the first game is genuinely unsettling, IMHO.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I feel like doing so wouldn't accomplish anything. Like... I mean yeah ripping out my secret wife's heart and animating it with whale-tech and magic and then giving it to me as my navi, and also just kinda hoisting an eldritch warlock pact onto me is all PRETTY rude.

    But it'd be like punching The King In Yellow in his high priest. It would be like stepping on the toes of a man with a wooden leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I always felt the guy who played him in the second game was far more punchable. The Outsider in the first game is genuinely unsettling, IMHO.
    Maybe I'm remembering the Outsider from Dis2 better, because I didn't ever find him unsettling so much as unbearably smug. I was going for a Clean Hands zero-alarm zero-deaths run and his constant sarcastic needling really dug at me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Primus Imperium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I always felt the guy who played him in the second game was far more punchable. The Outsider in the first game is genuinely unsettling, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Maybe I'm remembering the Outsider from Dis2 better, because I didn't ever find him unsettling so much as unbearably smug. I was going for a Clean Hands zero-alarm zero-deaths run and his constant sarcastic needling really dug at me.
    The Outsider in D1 (I never played the 2nd game) is one of the few characters I actually liked from beginning to end. He gave me cool magic as a starting gift and promised I could have more if I just found some of his stuff for him. I always knew where I stood with him... granted, it was always "a mild amusement" but if he helped me get my daughter back and keep her safe, I didn't care. I went low chaos anyway, so as a side benefit the Outsider also helped me save the city of Dunwall and by extension the Empire.

    I also didn't catch that the heart was probably the Empress' until after I'd finished the game because I'm an oblivious idiot. (I also missed that Corvo is probably Emily's bio father.)
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2019-07-26 at 11:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Everything is going according to plan. And by that I mean the plan has changed like 3 times in the last year but now I have it written down and the new plan is going well!.

    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

    Extended Sig

    Brother of Battle by Emperor Ing

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The Outsider in D1 (I never played the 2nd game) is one of the few characters I actually liked from beginning to end. He gave me cool magic as a starting gift and promised I could have more if I just found some of his stuff for him. I always knew where I stood with him... granted, it was always "a mild amusement" but if he helped me get my daughter back and keep her safe, I didn't care. I went low chaos anyway, so as a side benefit the Outsider also helped me save the city of Dunwall and by extension the Empire.
    I think it was that mild amusement that irritated me. I'm Corvo trying to save my city and my Empire, and a god hands me magic powers because he thinks I'm funny and wants to see what I'll do with it. The fact that
    Spoiler: Major Spoiler?
    Show

    Daud also carries his mark

    shows how little he actually cares about what's going on other than the entertainment value of watching mortals scurry around and try to be relevant.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I also didn't catch that the heart was probably the Empress' until after I'd finished the game because I'm an oblivious idiot. (I also missed that Corvo is probably Emily's bio father.)
    It's only hinted at in the first game, so you can miss it until the second game where it's explicitly stated.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-07-26 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •