New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I mean I didn't REALIZE that bit. I figured it was their personal stash to mix with drugs and stuff. We'll get into it more in a video or two.

I swear I'm not evil I just like magical charms made from the bones of eldritch horror god-whales.
    Who doesn't like magical charms made from the bones of eldritch god-whales?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Who doesn't like magical charms made from the bones of eldritch god-whales?
    I can't imagine that the whales are a big fan...

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I can't imagine that the whales are a big fan...
    They should give it a try. Helps with not getting caught.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

4. - Top - End - #154
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

The eldritch god whales carry magical charms made from the bones of whalers. You just have to look at those things to imagine what the loss-to-kill ratio is for whaling hunts in this world...

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The eldritch god whales carry magical charms made from the bones of whalers. You just have to look at those things to imagine what the loss-to-kill ratio is for whaling hunts in this world...
    Man this is making me think about how if whales were aware enough to realize how to beat whalers, how many ******* whalers would be consigned to the waves for all eternity. Blue whale's, if they had the capacity for intelligently aimed violence, could probably cause small tidal waves.

This is why I don't mess with Aquaman by the way.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-08-03 at 10:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Man this is making me think about how if whales were aware enough to realize how to beat whalers, how many ******* whalers would be consigned to the waves for all eternity. Blue whale's, if they had the capacity for intelligently aimed violence, could probably cause small tidal waves.

This is why I don't mess with Aquaman by the way.
    Creatures that kill humans and do a good job of it probably wouldn't last that long.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Creatures that kill humans and do a good job of it probably wouldn't last that long.
    To be fair, that depends on how good a job they do. 'Good' job means that the stubborn lot of humanity will eventually figure out a way. 'Extremely good' job means that, yeah, you ain't touching those suckers for another couple hundred years of evolution.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Gotta nuke something.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    To be fair, that depends on how good a job they do. 'Good' job means that the stubborn lot of humanity will eventually figure out a way. 'Extremely good' job means that, yeah, you ain't touching those suckers for another couple hundred years of evolution.
    Man-killers do not tend to last very long on Earth. Humanity hunted the great white shark nearly into extinction and we weren't even really trying.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Man-killers do not tend to last very long on Earth. Humanity hunted the great white shark nearly into extinction and we weren't even really trying.
    People are hesitant to re-introduce wild wolves to the UK (which would potentially be good for the natural ecosystem), because they expect the public to immediately murder them all. Humans are crazy good at killing anything that might be even slightly threatening to them.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

11. - Top - End - #161

We are, to be fair, discussing a world with a roughly early 19th century technology level, outside of Sokolov and Pietro's mad SCIENCE inventions. Their ability to hunt large sea creatures, particularly those who don't need to come anywhere near coastal waters, is pretty limited compared to ours.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    People are hesitant to re-introduce wild wolves to the UK (which would potentially be good for the natural ecosystem), because they expect the public to immediately murder them all. Humans are crazy good at killing anything that might be even slightly threatening to them.
    Yeah, I know how things tend to go here, in a realistic world. Where things aren't eldritch abominations. All I'm saying is that things might be different if said sharks were able to, say, just casually crumple a ship and all aboard like a tin can with a tentacle or something.
    (I have no idea how strong the whales of this setting are, just going off the one from the pictures, and the one that appeared Elsewhere. Clearly they're not that apex, if they can be regularly hunted so that there's a full economy and all that around them.)

Am fully aware that humans tend to get very, very stubborn when things don't go their way.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

We are, to be fair, discussing a world with a roughly early 19th century technology level, outside of Sokolov and Pietro's mad SCIENCE inventions. Their ability to hunt large sea creatures, particularly those who don't need to come anywhere near coastal waters, is pretty limited compared to ours.
    They can hunt whales for their oil regularly enough that the entire economy revolves around it.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #164

They can hunt whales for their oil regularly enough that the entire economy revolves around it.
    Yeah, that was a very poorly worded comment on my part.

I think what I meant was in the 'if it's a man-killer, we can wipe it out'. Whales can just run away very easily to places we can't get them, simply by going down.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, that was a very poorly worded comment on my part.

I think what I meant was in the 'if it's a man-killer, we can wipe it out'. Whales can just run away very easily to places we can't get them, simply by going down.
    Also, I feel that the discussion was in more of a general term. That there's a possibility of a (well, fictional) manhunter that we may not be able to wipe out, rather than these whales specifically being that hunter.

16. - Top - End - #166

I'm actually rather doubtful these whales in particular are actually any smarter or more powerful than regular ones. They're scarier looking, but aside from the tidbit of them existing in the Void and ocean simultaneously, that's no real indicator they are themselves eldritch in any fashion. Their bones might be the favored material to carve eldritch charms from because of some innate Void resonance, but the whales themselves aren't throwing around Void powers.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

but the whales themselves aren't throwing around Void powers.
    Maybe they're just too big for their Mana bar.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

I'm actually rather doubtful these whales in particular are actually any smarter or more powerful than regular ones. They're scarier looking, but aside from the tidbit of them existing in the Void and ocean simultaneously, that's no real indicator they are themselves eldritch in any fashion. Their bones might be the favored material to carve eldritch charms from because of some innate Void resonance, but the whales themselves aren't throwing around Void powers.
    You recall how the book with the white whale, whose name I cannot use on this forum without it being auto-corrected, ended... right? The whale didn't lose that fight.

That's the level of tech these guys have. Can they kill whales? Sure. Sometimes. Other times, the whale wins, and the vessel never returns to dock. These whales are even more dangerous than real ones, so you figure that more of those whalers go missing than would have in our reality. Even assuming the whales had no innate void powers, which I'm not prepared to entirely discount. Unfortunately, most information concerning whales and whaling in this game are decidedly subject to the faulty author principle, and cannot really be relied upon in either way.

The fact that they always show up in the void dimension, lumbering around in the background as you have conversations with the Outsider, makes me wonder just how in touch with the void they really are.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

19. - Top - End - #169
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    That's the level of tech these guys have. Can they kill whales? Sure. Sometimes. Other times, the whale wins, and the vessel never returns to dock. These whales are even more dangerous than real ones, so you figure that more of those whalers go missing than would have in our reality. Even assuming the whales had no innate void powers, which I'm not prepared to entirely discount. Unfortunately, most information concerning whales and whaling in this game are decidedly subject to the faulty author principle, and cannot really be relied upon in either way.
    I'm almost certain that this isn't accurate.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd have to go through the wiki to be entirely certain, but I definitely remember a few books and letters in the first Dishonored's set of Daud DLC. When you pass through a whale-oil processing facility, there's notes talking about how whaling used to be super risky, but now that Sokolov (Joplin? Not sure) has invented a new kind of whaling ship, they're able to reliably capture and bring whales back to port without even having to kill the whale.

It gets to the point that in Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider, you can find notes and posters about whale oil shortages, about how the empire is being plunged into an energy crisis, because they've effectively hunted whales to the point of extinction.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

20. - Top - End - #170

BlackDragon

Assuming they work like real world whales (which isn't certain, admittedly) then they still need to breathe. They can go as deep as they like, they'll still have to come up to the surface after an hour or so. Also, worth noting that whaling was a massive industry in the real world in the mid-19th century, all done in sail-powered vessels with rowboats doing the actual killing part.

21. - Top - End - #171

A little later than normal because someone was playing Fire Emblem Three Houses all day and night for the past three days.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [7] Dr Galvani's Cabinet

Video Length: 32:12

In this episode, we explore Dr Galvani's offices, sneaking around very cool and successfully to avoid the guards while looting and reading everything we come across in search of rat guts. All so we can do the very good and definitely not evil task of poisoning a bunch of criminals.

I think I might be a bad guy but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I also get hella lost afterward just trying to navigate around the place and find the last rune I have to find (which I have been informed how to get by someone I specifically asked) and getting to the Distillery where the crime boys actually are. I then proceed to sneaky sneak past them fairly effectively I think.

One of the weird things about this game is that there's very little for me to talk about post-script wise. I do a sneaking, I maybe murder some people, I prepare to commit bio terrorism on the local mob. All in a day's work. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time.

22. - Top - End - #172

23. - Top - End - #173

Given I picked Black Eagle I've been playing this gif on loop in my head all week.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Firbolg in the Playground

Man, I gasp every time you shoot someone with a sleep dart. Especially when they're walking away from the key and the door! Why Zodi, why? You play as if the game is a shooter, but they don't give you enough ammo for that! Oh man is it entertaining to watch though.
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2019-08-05 at 09:38 AM.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Not going to kill them, not going to kill them, really should kill them... Ah the conflict.

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Man, I gasp every time you shoot someone with a sleep dart. Especially when they're walking away from the key and the door! Why Zodi, why? You play as if the game is a shooter, but they don't give you enough ammo for that! Oh man is it entertaining to watch though.
    You know that's actually something I could talk about, but I'll save it for next time. The fact that this game does feel more like a survival shooter than anything else is honestly really good at selling the flavor of the game. You are an assassin who is poorly funded at best, and has only a reasonably realistic carrying capacity. It's a cool contrast between Deus Ex, my only other real reference for this genre of quasi-sim stealth shooter game.

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Not going to kill them, not going to kill them, really should kill them... Ah the conflict.
    Pictured here: a 20 on a will save.

27. - Top - End - #177

The feeling of a Clean Hands run is an entirely different experience as well, which is a point in this game's favor. When you're not killing anyone, you find yourself quickly maxing out on inventory, to the point where I was firing sleep darts I didn't need to simply so I wouldn't leave dart ammunition behind in levels.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Stylish blinking. And certainly extremely intentional.

Also... good(?) self-restraint(?) at not killing those thugs at the brewery (yet).

Spoiler: Takedowns
    Show
    Episode Non-Lethal Lethal Total
    1 0 4 4
    2 4 8 12
    3 0 0 0
    4 0 0 0
    5 6 2 8
    6 9 7 16
    7 2 3 5
    Total 21 24 45
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2019-08-09 at 01:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Ya know, running away and/or teleporting behind an enemy to break LOS are valid options >.>

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Do enemies specially react if you teleport while they can see you, or is it just like any other loss-of-vision?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew