New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Do enemies specially react if you teleport while they can see you, or is it just like any other loss-of-vision?
    I think they'll exclaim something like "Magic!", but the reaction will otherwise be the same.

2. - Top - End - #182

I can pry myself away from Three Houses to post a video, but can I do so to record one? We'll see.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [8] Crime for Crime

Video Length: 21:49

In this episode, we continue onwards into the Bottle Street Gang's distillery, proving definitively that I might, MIGHT actually be able to do this game stealthy. We also load up on health potions and then proceed to infect their still, which I'm sure will have no truly lasting consequences against us at all and won't lead to hundreds of people dying because they ARE a gang, and it's not like they're giving the stuff away for free. I'm suuure the only impact of this will be that one less gang roams the street. I'm a good cop politically charged assassin.

After that, we... um... spend a good amount of time trying to find the last remaining rune in the area, which I am completely baffled by, and get to experience a special sort of hell. It's fun and funny and I hope you all enjoy, and don't worry I do have one of my advisor's along to tell me where I'm supposed to ACTUALLY go to get there. I won't be making use of said advisor often, but I felt given how much time I spent on it it was fine a decision.

Rounding us off tonight, we meet up with our contact inside the Overseer's office building, who was being tortured so that's fun, and get to learn a bit about him and what we're gonna have to do here. He had the wonderful decision in direct Samuel the Boatman to be somewhere else once we finish the mission, inconveniencing me immensely, and he lowkey tells me to take advantage of the fact that the Overseer wants to kill one of his best men for political reasons to ensure I kill him. We'll see how that works out next time.

Hope you all enjoyed!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

We are totally going to end up with the high chaos ending on accident, aren't we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Accident?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I can pry myself away from Three Houses to post a video, but can I do so to record one? We'll see.
    I actually wouldn't mind if the video cut away to fire emblem after two minutes. I don't own a switch, so I'm curious to see what all the hype is about.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Accident?

I actually wouldn't mind if the video cut away to fire emblem after two minutes. I don't own a switch, so I'm curious to see what all the hype is about.
    It's one of those things that a single video showing off the game could show.

There's a good chance that some time in the future I'm just going to have a gap year where it's nothing but Fire Emblem Three Houses since in order to see everything you need to do at minimum 4 complete playthroughs.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

It's one of those things that a single video showing off the game could show.

There's a good chance that some time in the future I'm just going to have a gap year where it's nothing but Fire Emblem Three Houses since in order to see everything you need to do at minimum 4 complete playthroughs.
    Looking forward to the part where you make heavy use of a tactic in one playthrough, then just completely stop using it in the next and complain about how hard the fight is because you inexplicably forgot about doing the thing that would solve it

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, no kills! Woo. That now ties your lethal and non-lethal takedowns. Nice.

Nice of you to drain their stock before poisoning it.

...gravity sure is a harsh mistress.

Oh boy. A year of Fire Emblem. That would be a... thing.
    *dies from numbers overdose*

Spoiler: Takedowns
    Show
    Episode Non-Lethal Lethal Total
    1 0 4 4
    2 4 8 12
    3 0 0 0
    4 0 0 0
    5 6 2 8
    6 9 7 16
    7 2 3 5
    8 3 0 3
    Total 24 24 48
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2019-08-09 at 01:46 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Looking forward to the part where you make heavy use of a tactic in one playthrough, then just completely stop using it in the next and complain about how hard the fight is because you inexplicably forgot about doing the thing that would solve it
    Not to go too far on a tangent here but I feel like in a game like Three Houses I'd probably forcibly kidnap recruit friends of mine to play the other routes simultaneously, probably? That might turn DataNinja's math-brain into mush though.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Your totals column is off by 10, 48 instead of 38.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Not to go too far on a tangent here but I feel like in a game like Three Houses I'd probably forcibly kidnap recruit friends of mine to play the other routes simultaneously, probably? That might turn DataNinja's math-brain into mush though.
    You'd probably get total kills per army. Not even per-unit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Your totals column is off by 10, 48 instead of 38.
    Oops. Apparently I forgot to carry the 1 back in episode 6, and it's been off by 10 ever since. Because I haven't been re-adding up, just adding onto the last total. Good catch.
    This is why you don't take shortcuts in your work, kids.
    (Fixed all the prior ones, too, though.)

11. - Top - End - #191

Today, it's time to learn a new Zodi-Emotion.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [9] Musophobia

Video Length: 26:37

In this exciting episode, we go back to get that final rune I missed in Granny Rag's house, thanks to the prompted assistance of a friend. I'm still playing this blind, just know that I will ask if I need help and then you can help me. It's appreciated. However, going back to get the rune also... provides us with a moment that at the time I did not find very funny at all, but now find hilarious. I truly hope you enjoy what happens here. And never suggest me to play a straight up horror game please.

That aside, we return to Holgar Square where the Overseer Building is, and begin infiltration. Sneaking up along the rafters, through the window, and into the High Overseer's seat of power. We learn that there is a way to get rid of Cambell non lethally; we need to horrifically brand him with a mark of shame. With that information stored in our back pocket, we explore the archive room/library a bit to learn how to do said facial scarring, as well as go hunting for the brand itself. Not a difficult search by any means, but given the number of Overseer guards around, it can be tricky. The thing about them is that their masks do protect them from headshots from the front (at least from sleep darts), and this is not a thing I knew going into this. It's a surprising trick to pull on a person though.

With brand in hand and fresh, night air in our lungs, we prepare to actually see High Overseer Cambell himself. This'll be tricky, since we need to both stop him AND save Curnow, but I think we'll be able to do it. However, that'll have to wait till next time. I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all then.

EDIT to add: That one soldier near the exploding whale oil was definitely pre-dead, and not unconscious.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-08-12 at 07:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

...oh, geez. Yeah, seems like that rune is one that you should not have taken. Oof.

Yep, should be careful. Wouldn't want those guys by the door to see you, and you have to stab em or anything.

Hey! More non-lethals than lethals now! Nice.

Show
    1 0 4 4
    2 4 8 12
    3 0 0 0
    4 0 0 0
    5 6 2 8
    6 9 7 16
    7 2 3 5
    8 3 0 3
    9 7 0 7
    Total 31 24 55

Note that the loading screen going into the Overseers area for the first time mentioned that their masks prevented stuff from shooting them in the face. So, those tips might be a good thing to look out for.

...also, I mean, I'm pretty sure your Taste Of: Alien Isolation already told us "no, no horror games. Ever."
    (I very, very, very, very much know the feeling, though.)

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    ...oh, geez. Yeah, seems like that rune is one that you should not have taken. Oof.

Yep, should be careful. Wouldn't want those guys by the door to see you, and you have to stab em or anything.

Hey! More non-lethals than lethals now! Nice.

Show
    1 0 4 4
    2 4 8 12
    3 0 0 0
    4 0 0 0
    5 6 2 8
    6 9 7 16
    7 2 3 5
    8 3 0 3
    9 7 0 7
    Total 31 24 55

Note that the loading screen going into the Overseers area for the first time mentioned that their masks prevented stuff from shooting them in the face. So, those tips might be a good thing to look out for.

...also, I mean, I'm pretty sure your Taste Of: Alien Isolation already told us "no, no horror games. Ever."
    (I very, very, very, very much know the feeling, though.)
    I hope my acute fear response was hilarious for you all. Because it absolutely is for me, now that I'm removed from it by a day or two.

I think I went about this part PRETTY skillfully, if I do say so myself.

To be fair to me that loading screen advice thing was on screen for like half a second, so I definitely missed it. I thought it was just about gas or smog or something, not sleeping darts and bullets apparently.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

I hope my acute fear response was hilarious for you all. Because it absolutely is for me, now that I'm removed from it by a day or two.

I think I went about this part PRETTY skillfully, if I do say so myself.

To be fair to me that loading screen advice thing was on screen for like half a second, so I definitely missed it. I thought it was just about gas or smog or something, not sleeping darts and bullets apparently.
    It was certainly... something. Definitely in the moment, I was there with you of "oh god, noooooope". Afterwards, yes, it was funny. Comedy = Tragedy + Time, after all, as a wise woman once said.

Yeah, definitely was done with some tact. I could see the temptation when up on the ledge of wanting to throw down something explosive on the group of five Overseers, though.

No, that's fair. I pay close attention to loading screen tips (and read quickly), since I've been seeing people play several games where that sort of stuff can be vital to know, but, yeah, I don't blame you for missing it.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Hilariously, that's not actually supposed to happen. Those rats only appear down there when Granny Rags is around, and if you go down there she's supposed to have a line telling you to go away because you're scaring the birds. I've never actually seen her go down there when you're already there. I think that whole scene is something you're supposed to watch from the door keyhole at the house, and then sneak down there once she comes back up.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Hilariously, that's not actually supposed to happen. Those rats only appear down there when Granny Rags is around, and if you go down there she's supposed to have a line telling you to go away because you're scaring the birds. I've never actually seen her go down there when you're already there. I think that whole scene is something you're supposed to watch from the door keyhole at the house, and then sneak down there once she comes back up.
    You're the second person to tell me they've never seen the rats do that before.

I love when this happens.

Also y'all realize that the game doing something completely out of the norm only ENHANCES my fear right? As though I wasn't unsettled enough by Granny just walking down to say hi after I picked up her rune, for the music to slowly rise up as the birdies appear and starting tearing me to pieces.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-08-12 at 06:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sure it'll be fiiiiiiine. And that nothing at all unexpected will ever happen again.

It'll all go just. As. Planned.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

I cannot wait to see how this goes horribly wrong you handled what's about to happen
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #199
    Firbolg in the Playground

First off, that was pretty smoothly done all in all! Secondly yeah, those rats were a pretty great scene, even if it may have been a bug! Really makes Granny Rags one of my favourite characters in this!
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Without going into Spoilers, Granny Rags is one of the best characters in this game in terms of exposition. I say this because in the beginning, you don't know much about the Outsider, except that he is this eldritch god thing, and he's helping Corvo. You might think the Outsider's a good guy. Then you see someone like Granny Rags, and you get the idea that not everyone uses their magic in some Ninja Paladin Quest. Some people are creepy, crazy old spitfires. Really reminds you what you're dealing with.

21. - Top - End - #201

Quote Originally Posted by Karnitis View Post
    Without going into Spoilers, Granny Rags is one of the best characters in this game in terms of exposition. I say this because in the beginning, you don't know much about the Outsider, except that he is this eldritch god thing, and he's helping Corvo. You might think the Outsider's a good guy. Then you see someone like Granny Rags, and you get the idea that not everyone uses their magic in some Ninja Paladin Quest. Some people are creepy, crazy old spitfires. Really reminds you what you're dealing with.
    Full disclosure a visual novel-esque game where you're a cthulhu powered debutante intending to play around with society like it's your personal toy would be legit.

I realize that is taking the exact wrong message from your post but that's where my head goes immediately.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-08-13 at 02:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Firbolg in the Playground

Honestly, the Outsider is scarier than Cthulhu. Cthulhu just wants to wake up and end civilization every once in a while, the Outsider has FUN.

Cthulhu is like when you get waken up by ants walking on your face and you want to exterminate them.

The Outsider sets up little mazes and watches the ants go through them just to see what they'll do.

Or at least, that's how I see it from what little we've seen of him so far.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

23. - Top - End - #203

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Honestly, the Outsider is scarier than Cthulhu. Cthulhu just wants to wake up and end civilization every once in a while, the Outsider has FUN.

Cthulhu is like when you get waken up by ants walking on your face and you want to exterminate them.

The Outsider sets up little mazes and watches the ants go through them just to see what they'll do.

Or at least, that's how I see it from what little we've seen of him so far.
    Ill admit the Cthulhu references on my part is because that's the easiest to say and remember. I don't remember which old ones actually like, LOOK at us, with their eyes, as if we matter.

On that vein, cthulhu is the whales and the Outsider is some sort of very much aware elder being who kinda lives inside their tentacle mouths like some sorta ****ed up space krill. And to him humanity is even smaller.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

On that vein, cthulhu is the whales and the Outsider is some sort of very much aware elder being who kinda lives inside their tentacle mouths like some sorta ****ed up space krill. And to him humanity is even smaller.
    That is a remarkably close description/comparison of the position the outsider holds.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karnitis View Post
    There's also Daud and his gang of ninjas that assassinated the Empress to begin with.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #206

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    There's also Daud and his gang of ninjas that assassinated the Empress to begin with.
    You don't really get to see that until the DLC, though. I think the Outsider is entirely amoral, TBH--he gives people powers because he thinks they'll do something interesting with them, not caring overmuch what that is. Probably not too surprising given what you learn of his origins in "Death of the Outsider".

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Reminder that Zodi doesn't want spoilers, so anything that pertains more to stuff that we haven't seen - or that confirms speculation that she's had - it should probably go under spoiler tags for now.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I (having only seen the content of zodi's videos) wasn't aware that the ninja assassins weren't working for high overseer Campbell & his allies until I read this. I had assumed they'd arranged the whole thing, based on how fake they sounded when expressing shock over the Empress' death.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I (having only seen the content of zodi's videos) wasn't aware that the ninja assassins weren't working for high overseer Campbell & his allies until I read this. I had assumed they'd arranged the whole thing, based on how fake they sounded when expressing shock over the Empress' death.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They are. Daud is their leader, but he was hired by the main villains.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

30. - Top - End - #210

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Reminder that Zodi doesn't want spoilers, so anything that pertains more to stuff that we haven't seen - or that confirms speculation that she's had - it should probably go under spoiler tags for now.
    I specifically didn't go into details about the Outsider's origin for that reason? Everything else in my post was my own opinion.