New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default interpretation VS gameplay

whic is better 4 u ? i think a 50-50 can be apreciated from everyone...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: interpretation VS gameplay

I think I speak for everyone with this: Um, what?

Please expound a bit further, completeness of thoughts is much superior to excessive brevity in the forum environment.

Interpretation of what, precisely? And is it necessarily separate from gameplay?
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

i intend the interpretation of the character and his social "adventure". pratically: more talk less fight.
    sorry if icant explain myself so much but im Italian so its a bit hard 4 me to translate...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

*puts on her translator hat*

So what you're asking is what kind of interaction/combat ratio people tend to go for, I take it?

I prefer to run at approximately 65-35 in favor of interaction. Optimally, I'd increase the difference even more, since.... well, for one thing, I'm a storyteller at heart and like my characterization, and for another, the last couple combats I ran frustrated the living daylights out of me, and in electronic format it only slows things down more. Most of the live games I've been in have been 40-60 if I was lucky, though the online games I've played in have run closer to my target ratio--and one of my all-time favorite PBPs has thus far been 100-0.

The fun part, though, is when you manage to get a character across during a fight. Satisfies both sides, makes for some nifty drama, what's not to like?
    Exchange of Realities: For writers, for gamers, for those who want to be both. Check it out!

Rule #1: When in doubt, try to intimidate the army.

"And bring me some tea!" Tuyet avatar by me.