New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Marblegate!

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Marblegate!

Have y'all read this? It's all the fun of dungeons and dragons in a webcomic, with unique characters and setting. Makes me want to get a group together every time a new page comes out!

Link coming when I have 5 more posts

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Default Re: Marblegate!

Marblegate is a very good comic, yes.
    http://marblegate.thecomicseries.com/

It's basically "D&D roguelike" but contrarily to, say, OotS or Goblins, it doesn't break the fourth wall with it. Characters don't constantly call attention to the "rules" or speak about hit points, combat rounds, and so on. It's just a story told in such a setting, and that's honestly refreshing.

You get the classical "buddy cop" formula of two extremely dissimilar people who've got to work together and build respect and friendship despite the other's failing -- one is a drunken dwarf veteran of the dungeon with obvious PTSD about losing all his previous teammates, the other is a naive peasant-girl-turned-pious-cleric who's still getting grossed out by things like giant bugs, having to crawl through magical darkness, or getting covered in guts from an exploding monster. Nothing especially original, but it's still very charming. If you like D&D comics (and given this is the OOTS messageboards, if you're here, you do), you should really give it a look, the art is nice and the writing is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Marblegate!

Very charming is a good way to put it! It's not so unique that I feel it's groundbreaking, but I continually really feel for the main character and have enjoyed the plot tons.