New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Monster Hearts IC] Sleepshy Rise: Shaken and Sleep Deprived

SECOND PLACE

Thank goodness Auntie Circe doesn’t actually know how big pigs are. It’s a common mistake! Everybody thinks they’re the size of dogs, basically, and that’s the size Carmen’s at now! When it’s more accurate to think of them as being wolf-sized, and just as dangerous. Elodie’s been around enough pigs to know that they are mouths on legs who don’t exactly care what their food is, as long as it’s not fighting back.

But a dog-sized pig? Adorable! Wonderful! Her new best pet! (It’s only a disguise so until she figures out how to do the Advanced Transmutation properly, and she has to sneak into the stacks in order to read those sorts of books, so that’s why it’s taking a while, honest! Not because she’s wanted to have a cute pet for basically ever, really, Carmen, now please just accept the glittery pink collar! There we go, that’s a good girl!!)

But really, she is going to undo the spell soon. Because if she doesn’t, or if she’s mean to Carmen and doesn’t sneak her extra food from the cafeteria and give her tummy rubs and hide her under the bed when the Angel is on the prowl, then the Holy Order of the Sanctified Saints (HOSS for short) will find her and chop off her head and stuff it full of a special herb blend meant to send her directly to hell, do not pass GO, do not collect two hundred, and then they’ll chop off her hands because they’re used to make Hands of Glory, and they’ll cut out her heart and use it for psychopomp detection or warding or something like that! It’s like being a walking magical item catalogue.

And the really rude thing is that they’ll pray about it first! Like, read the room! There are times and places to force your religion on somebody, and when you’re about to chop off their head and send them to hell and then use them for spare parts is not the time!! Besides, aren’t you really supposed to be using saint body parts, not monsters? That’s all backwards, if you ask me!

...b-but if Carmen puts in a good word for her that’s probably totally not going to happen!!! So Carmen is one pampered, beloved pig, and probably has enjoyed the casual atmosphere and, uh, the whole Useless Lesbian Sleepover Experience (but also you are a pig and thus beneath suspicion).

Anyway detention sucks and when Elodie finds out who ratted on her she’s gonna spook them to death, see if she doesn’t. Dumb hot TA. Dumb snaggletoothed Timmy. Dumb smug Annalee. She could be studying forbidden transmutation books right now and making it less likely she’d be chopped up and put on a shelf inside a secret broom closet in a cathedral somewhere, but noooooooooo, somebody couldn’t keep a secret. Fartfaces.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

CREEP

Annalee had practically laughed herself silly when she saw Tim. Not that she, nor anyone she knew or associated with would possibly know anything about dark magic curses that had been worked on him, nor have any idea whatsoever about the proper method for quickly and easily reversing such a spell whenever she wanted. Obviously not. Unless he had time for her alone of course. After, detention.

Ugh, who added more punishment for the whole dying things anyway, that was supposed to be taken care of by feeding the Angel. Whoever had added this one, Annalee was going to turn them into a newt (turning someone into a newt is obviously NOT dark magic, which Annalee knows nothing about, keep up).

What Annalee had done over the last few days was look for some ins with the dangerous kids. That was always her weak point, she'd felt it even from Elodie the other night when they'd wrestled to the ground. So Annalee needed some muscle on her side. Alexstralia seemed easy enough, and there was that werewolf (she didn't hold the previous mauling against the girl or anything, she was a werewolf, these things happened). Gosh what was her name, oh Margot, that was it, Margot something. Well anyway, Margot, she even wore glasses when she wasn't in wolf form, like, that had to just be an affectation right, it's not like a werewolf would be nearsighted, right?

So, Alex, she just complimented a few times, said they should hang out together. And blind Margie, she's offered her services, fair bargain you get what you want I get what I want, everybody names a favor that the other one can help out with. She didn't go into as much detail as she did with Samael, obviously, but she implied that she could get Margie some information that would normally be hard to come by.

Who's mad about this? Well, hm, who's the most popular girl in the school? You tell me who that is. If Alex and Margie have been gossiping about this, and let's be real they're all brawn no brains so it's doubtful they can keep a secret, the fact that Annalee is scheming will have reached the ears of whoever's at the top of the totem pole and they're not going to like it.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It is a dark and stormy night on Sleepshy Rise.

Timothy! Fortunately, Circe was so shocked at your intolerably rude outburst that she forgot to even hex you! Unfortunately, the hex that you already have has not gone away yet. What steps have you taken to conceal your current tooth situation from the others?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    CREEP

Annalee had practically laughed herself silly when she saw Tim. Not that she, nor anyone she knew or associated with would possibly know anything about dark magic curses that had been worked on him, nor have any idea whatsoever about the proper method for quickly and easily reversing such a spell whenever she wanted. Obviously not.
    Why would you laugh at poor Timothy? Don't you see that he's suffering enough from this terrible illness he's caught?

Yes, yes, it's quite unfortunate. Somehow, he's fallen prey to a rare human malady; cephalgia, xeroderma, acute viral rhinopharyngitis, one of those. I hear that the nurses haven't seen anything like it, and in the interest of protecting the student population from infection, our Timothy has taken to wearing a face mask at all times. And a scarf on top of that. To protect from drafts.

(Between you and me, the whole setup makes it rather difficult to eat. The cafeteria's always occupied, and there's fiends lurking in every corner of this place. He's had to skip a few meals here and there. And do you realize how hard it is to sleep with the wrong mouth?! Little risk of breaking the third rule for him.

At least he definitely looks ill?)

Somehow, he's found the time to realize that the source of this...illness must be some sort of magic. That must it, surely? This sort of thing doesn't just happen out of nowhere. And if that's the case, then if he could find a willing student with the right know-how, then he could get himself cured.

Just a few problems with that. The biggest being the detention he was currently stuck in. And - however fair the judgement was that put him here, or however the deuce the Angel found out he was only gone for five minutes - now that he was in hot water the best thing to do was to keep his head down, get his classwork done, and wait out the...however long detention was in this horrid place.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2019-10-16 at 06:24 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

It is a dark and stormy night on Sleepshy Rise.

Samael! You have been called upon by the angel to run detention for Annalee, Elodie, and Timothy. Annalee for dying without permission, Elodie for leaving the walls of Sleepshy Rise, and Timothy for both. You also have two other miscreants to reform - name them, and tell me what they did to cross either you or the angel.
    Detention.

Samael not-so-secretly loved detention, especially when he was running it. Not so much when he had to attend it. Although... none of the other teachers were anywhere near as good as him at setting excruciatingly wholesome teachable moments so... there was that.

He gave Annalee a slight nod with a hint of a smile in acknowledgment as she entered the room. They may not have done anything other than sleeping that night but he was quite happy to let people think otherwise. It was as much for their benefit as hers that he pretended to be Bad At Subtle.

Seeing Timothy though, that had to be the highlight of his day. He had to pretend-cough behind his hand to hide the complete delight at how the spell had turned out. His appreciation for Annalee immediately went up several notches.

Tabitha Rex, another vampire, she was unsurprising to see, she was here a lot and more often than not for the same reason, breaking rule number 1. Right now, though, she was a permanent fixture at detention, and would be for several more months, after having openly tried to seduce the Angel.

Elodie was a bit more of a new face, as well as Melinoe Hades, who thought herself above handing in her Positive Review of A Parent paper on time.

"Welcome, Annalee, your hair looks beautiful tonight.” Samael stood up from where he'd been casually leaning against a desk. It was school policy to always welcome the students to create a positive learning environment - even in detention. Adding a not-at-all-creepy compliment was of course a sign of first-class teaching.

"Welcome, Miss Rex, you are delightfully punctual." This compliment came with a much less sincere voice.

"Welcome, Miss Faucher, bright and colourful as ever."

"Welcome, Miss Hades, looking forwards to seeing more of your impeccable handwriting tonight." Samael's voice lost enthusiasm with every welcoming that came, growing more and more formal and rehearsed. Until...

"Mr Oglevee Crompton of the Wilkenstonshire Cromptons," Samael's face lit up, "how good to see you. What great teeth you have," he added with a grin that looked more like that of the big bad wolf than red riding hood.

"Tonight we are practising friendships, so you will be working in pairs. Miss Hades, Miss Rex, you sit over here. Miss Faucher and Mr Oglevee Crompton of the Wilkenstonshire Cromptons, you two over here. And... as we are odd numbers tonight... Ana, you're with me..."

"First up, a promise. You will each make one promise to your partner, right here, right now. It must be a kind promise. A sincere promise and one you can carry out tonight as your partner will write a 500 word Friendship Earned report on your delivering your promise to them, which will be handed in to me at 4am tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Elanorin; 2019-10-21 at 08:44 AM.
    "For love is no part of the dreamworld. Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel."
    ~ Neil Gaiman

"Just because I'm sorry doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it at the time."
    ~ Snow Patrol

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elanorin View Post
    "Mr Oglevee Crompton of the Wilkenstonshire Cromptons," Samael's face lit up, "how good to see you. What great teeth you have," he added with a grin that looked more like that of the big bad wolf than red riding hood.
    Samael, you get treated to the Crompton Special Technique For Placating Bullies: A cowed slump, with just the right amount of dejection. Deferential enough to know that you've put him in his place. Not entertaining enough to go in for a second jab.

Immediately after, however, you're treated to the Crompton Accidental Impression of a Puppy That's Just Heard a Weird Sound: Furrowed brows, tilt of the head, total confusion.

Teeth. The vampire specifically mocked his teeth.

How did the vampire know about his teeth?

He'd been so careful. So careful! Not a soul in this school knew about the true nature of his "illness", except for Elodie, and she definitely never would've ever gossiped about that. So the only way the vampire could've known about his teeth...is if he had a hand in spoiling them in the first place. But how could that be? He didn't have any magical powers, did he?

Hrmmmmmm....

"Tonight we are practising friendships, so you will be working in pairs. Miss Hades, Miss Rex, you sit over here. Miss Faucher and Mr Oglevee Crompton of the Wilkenstonshire Cromptons, you two over here. And... as we are odd numbers tonight... Ana, you're with me..."

"First up, a promise. You will each make one promise to your partner, right here, right now. It must be a kind promise. A sincere promise and one you can carry out tonight as your partner will write a 500 word Friendship Earned report on your delivering your promise to them, which will be handed in to me at 4am tomorrow morning.
    Oh thank goodness, an easy assignment. Really was a toss of the dice here, wasn't it? Some days, you had to write a friendship lesson. Other days, you had to shake hands with the unsavory undead. *shudder*

Timothy scooted his chair up to Elodie's desk in the corner. Enough to give them what privacy they could get. "If it's alright by you, I'll go first," he volunteered, voice slightly muffled by masks and wrongjaw. Best to get the job over with quickly, no? Now what could he promise her in this terrible, terrible school? Supplies were limited, of course, but not completely gone...

"Ah!" His face lit up. So obvious! This assignment would be a cinch. "Elodie, I promise to make and share tea with you before the evening is over. What do you say?"

Elodie, the teeth are a distant, bad dream. Timothy Oglevee Crompton - wrapped up in a cozy scarf like a Christmas present - has just offered you his hand. Should you take it, he will whisk you away to a quiet corner of the cafeteria for a private teatime. He will make pleasant conversation with you for as long as that teatime shall last. And he will not stop staring at you with those big, shining eyes of his, not even for a moment.

What do you do? What do you promise in return?

[In a shocking twist, Timothy will roll to Turn Elodie On: 6 + 4 -1 = 9 The choice is yours.~]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Annalee doesn't try especially hard to rebut any of the implications that Samael is making. When he compliments her, she returns the favor, telling Samael that his fangs look quite dashing this evening. She takes her seat, looks over the room. She tries not to look smug as she does so. She had a good sleeping place last night, current favoritism, she was working on picking up some more consistent muscle to boot. The real calculation was what she could count on. She'd gotten far last night doing business with Samael, and played a bit coyly with him, but she harbored no illusions that his favoritism came freely. At least not for a long period of time. She'd need to use it while she could and then make sure that she dropped it on her terms, rather than his. Easier said than done, of course. But for now, she had an excellent hand and an eye towards how much she could play it for before the cards got shuffled.

To that end, she was almost disappointed that Samael called her immediately. She'd hoped to offer something easy and get a concession out of someone else. But instead he had called her immediately. Another favor perhaps? She went and took her seat with him, doing her best not to look at Timmy and Elly-belly out of the corner of her eye. The stupid boy was twisting her all over and she wasn't pleased with it, but one thing at a time.

"Samael, what a lucky break" she says, focusing on him. "I can't imagine what sort of kind promise you'd like from me, but I'm sure I'll be happy to deliver. And does that mean I even get a 500 word essay about our friendship from you? Really, if you just promised to write that little essay for me in exchange for my favor, that would be all I'd need." (She wasn't joking on that front. Corny as it may be, if Samael took the time to really put his thoughts on paper, it would make as good a token as any for casting spells on him and that was worth more than its weight in gold.)
    Last edited by Anarion; 2019-10-26 at 12:52 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

SECOND PLACE

There is nothing as apocalyptically shitty as feeling grossed out by someone else’s physical deformity. It’s true! It’s been scientifically proven! It makes the gross feeling in your stomach double, dropping a heaping feeling of guilt right on top of the visceral reaction. You’re a bad person who should feel bad, it says.

Which is why Elodie’s skin has been crawling this whole time, having to sit down next to Timmy, feeling upset that she’s upset, trying to look at anything other than that scarf and thinking about the teeth underneath and—

Oh. Oh, hello. Those are eyes. Those sure are! Kind, gentle eyes. Forgiving eyes. Eyes she can trust implicitly.

So she blurts out the first thing that comes to mind. One that will just dig her in deeper and deeper trouble, whether or not Sam chews her out over it.

“And I,” she excitedly whispers, “will give you a kiss!”
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

"Samael, what a lucky break" she says, focusing on him. "I can't imagine what sort of kind promise you'd like from me, but I'm sure I'll be happy to deliver. And does that mean I even get a 500 word essay about our friendship from you? Really, if you just promised to write that little essay for me in exchange for my favor, that would be all I'd need." (She wasn't joking on that front. Corny as it may be, if Samael took the time to really put his thoughts on paper, it would make as good a token as any for casting spells on him and that was worth more than its weight in gold.)
    The audacity of a student expecting him to do the detention assignment catches Samael clearly off guard and he pauses and stares at Annalee for several motionless seconds. If it had been anyone else they'd quickly regret that kind of brazen behaviour and the temptation to make an example here, even of Annalee, does enter his mind before he dismisses it.

"No." He said, as his eyes added 'but nice try'. "But, since you asked so nicely, I will meet you half way and make you a promise."

Sam reached out a hand to gently cup the side of Annalee's face and beckon it forwards as he leaned down to meet her. If anyone was staring (and he very much hoped they were) they may have thought he was going in for a blatant Rule 1 violation but in the last moment his lips diverted to stop just short of her ear instead of her mouth and he whispered, "I promise you, and only you, free access to one of the others' Promise Delivered essays. Whichever you wish. Whenever you wish." His fingers brushed through her hair and then he stood up again, with a pleased and secretive smile for her before turning and walked over to the board. He quickly wrote a list of everyone's names (except his own), starting with Elodie.

"Right! Everyone. You've had some time to think of your promises. Before I release you to your friendship assignments, come by here and write it down next to your name. A kindness shared is a kindness doubled, after all." After finishing Timothy's extremely lengthy name at the bottom of the list Sam swung around and held the pen up for the first brave soul to take.

EDIT: Reading it back I'm realising Sam's totally trying to turn Ana on here, so...
    [Rolling to Turn Annalee On: 4+4+2=10 Sam takes a string.]
    Last edited by Elanorin; 2019-11-04 at 09:00 AM.
    "For love is no part of the dreamworld. Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel."
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

SECOND PLACE

The look on Elodie’s face is not the look of a deer caught in the headlights. Deer do not know what a car is, and they do not have the capacity to regret stepping onto the road. (They name it ground-that-kills. And yet they still stand on it, in defiance of God. It is not the foolish and slow who do not leap away; it is the brave and the impious.) Elodie, to her regret, has both of those capacities.

“I can’t,” she says, resorting once again to lying with a straight face. “It’s... the Feast of Saint Tutu. And on such a day the use of chalk is an abomination before the eyes of the LORD, amen.”

She almost crosses herself to back up the lie, and then realizes abjuring herself is not the best idea. So she clasps her hands in prayer and bows.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

CREEP

[Rolling to Turn Annalee On: 4+4+2=10 Sam takes a string.]
    Oh no! Samael hadn't said what he wanted! And now he was walking away and working on the chalkboard and talking to the other students. Elly belly was saying something ridiculous like she always did (there was no saint Tutu, Annalee would have heard of her...right?). What now? Oh no, she was going to blow this chance to get in good with Samael. If she wrote something on the board and he didn't like it, she'd embarrass herself, but if she drew his attention now, it would disrupt what he's doing with the other attention seekers. She'd have to...um...ugh, what did he even want? Blood, right. He'd wanted Timothy's blood. He probably wanted hers too. But could she be that forward? Well...she couldn't think of anything else so the answer was yes.

Annalee went up to the chalkboard and wrote "I promise to donate Samael a little bit of blood one time whenever he would like." Then just as she was turning to leave the board, she added a winking smiley face at the end. ;)
    Last edited by Anarion; 2019-11-05 at 12:06 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    SECOND PLACE

There is nothing as apocalyptically shitty as feeling grossed out by someone else’s physical deformity. It’s true! It’s been scientifically proven! It makes the gross feeling in your stomach double, dropping a heaping feeling of guilt right on top of the visceral reaction. You’re a bad person who should feel bad, it says.

Which is why Elodie’s skin has been crawling this whole time, having to sit down next to Timmy, feeling upset that she’s upset, trying to look at anything other than that scarf and thinking about the teeth underneath and—

Oh. Oh, hello. Those are eyes. Those sure are! Kind, gentle eyes. Forgiving eyes. Eyes she can trust implicitly.

So she blurts out the first thing that comes to mind. One that will just dig her in deeper and deeper trouble, whether or not Sam chews her out over it.

“And I,” she excitedly whispers, “will give you a kiss!”
    Well! That's! Surprising!

Especially because, well, you know, people kiss each other all the time! They’ve been doing it forever. It’s a polite thing to do, among fond friends. A fact which he would mention in his Friendship Report, about the time he spent with his friend. So, the surprise is really at surprise itself. The books never mentioned anything about your guts getting swapped out for heat and lightning. Must be something that goes away with practice.

"Well!" He moved the thought to words, and a little laughter finds its way in there for good measure. "I'd better make extra sure it's good tea!"

"Right! Everyone. You've had some time to think of your promises. Before I release you to your friendship assignments, come by here and write it down next to your name. A kindness shared is a kindness doubled, after all." After finishing Timothy's extremely lengthy name at the bottom of the list Sam swung around and held the pen up for the first brave soul to take.
    oh no.

Even more surprising; it turned out that you could get so frightened by so many things that they all sort of got jammed in the door together and you were still terrified but you couldn't begin to name what had spooked your soul.

Timothy got up in a haze - clearly feeling the effects of his terrible illness - and numbly wrote, "I promise to make and share tea with Elodie Faucher." In perfect cursive.

Some things lived in a realm beyond mortal terror.

SECOND PLACE

The look on Elodie’s face is not the look of a deer caught in the headlights. Deer do not know what a car is, and they do not have the capacity to regret stepping onto the road. (They name it ground-that-kills. And yet they still stand on it, in defiance of God. It is not the foolish and slow who do not leap away; it is the brave and the impious.) Elodie, to her regret, has both of those capacities.

“I can’t,” she says, resorting once again to lying with a straight face. “It’s... the Feast of Saint Tutu. And on such a day the use of chalk is an abomination before the eyes of the LORD, amen.”

She almost crosses herself to back up the lie, and then realizes abjuring herself is not the best idea. So she clasps her hands in prayer and bows.
    "Oh. Oh? It-It was? It is?" Timothy looked to Elodie, to the piece of chalk in his hand, and back to Elodie, and then the board, and the piece of chalk, and oh no had it just gotten worse?! "I...I-I didn't know. My apologies." He said to...well, Elodie? Samael? Whoever was listening? The room? His maker? Take your pick.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

So, Sam thought, as he forced himself to spread his lips in almost-a-smile, we've reached the ridiculous excuses part of the evening. Check. At least it was a tad more imaginative than the old hellhounds chewing the homework. Points for that.

Annalee went up to the chalkboard and wrote "I promise to donate Samael a little bit of blood one time whenever he would like." Then just as she was turning to leave the board, she added a winking smiley face at the end. ;)
    He glanced back over his shoulder for a quick check to see what Ana had put but ended up doing a double take when he read her words. All thoughts of thrilling punishments towards Elodie went immediately out the metaphorical window.

Witches blood.

Tonight.

He was used to pushing his thirst aside, from so many years here and having had to learn the hard way to practice restraint and layers of self-control but her promise, written so brazenly for all to see, it tore savagely at every one of his neatly constructed defences. Did she know? Was this part of the game? Was there a game or was she actually genuinely this taken with him? He'd barely even got started with his seduction of her...

Sam was hardly able to take his eyes off Ana to check what on earth the Human had come up with. Tea.

Well...

He probably would have felt inclined to ridicule that in some way but with his mind screaming for the blood promised it... it just didn't come.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Oh. Oh? It-It was? It is?" Timothy looked to Elodie, to the piece of chalk in his hand, and back to Elodie, and then the board, and the piece of chalk, and oh no had it just gotten worse?! "I...I-I didn't know. My apologies." He said to...well, Elodie? Samael? Whoever was listening? The room? His maker? Take your pick.
    This is where Samael would have spoken his mind about this 'Saint Tutu' crap and slapped some additional detention on Elodie for her behaviour but right now keeping any student here a moment longer than absolutely necessary was the last thing he wanted. Thank Annalee for that.

"Miss Faucher," Sam forced every ounce of patience he could muster in to his voice, "if you are... 'unable' to write it then... just say it. Out loud. And quickly. Then you can all leave."
    Last edited by Elanorin; 2019-11-11 at 04:00 AM.
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

SECOND PLACE

“Oh!” Oh no the saint’s day excuse is supposed to work every time what is she supposed to do think fast think fast think fast

“I am going to give Timothy a personalized gift,” she says hurriedly, taking his hand and pulling him towards the door. “I haven’t made my mind up yet maybe a bouquet okay byyyyeeeeeeeeee”

nyoooooom

And nobody expected a thing. Elodie, you so smooth.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

SECOND PLACE
    “I am going to give Timothy a personalized gift,” she says hurriedly, taking his hand and pulling him towards the door. “I haven’t made my mind up yet maybe a bouquet okay byyyyeeeeeeeeee”

nyoooooom
    Soon followed by the other delinquents, I'm sure, not that Samael paid much attention to any of them. His eyes were solely on Annalee. He couldn't remember being this surprised by a student for... years. He thought he had this little witch all figured, just like the rest of the students in this place, but... this? To volunteer her blood, just like that, without hesitation, without even being asked.

Who is this girl?

Without a word, and without bothering to check if any of the detention students were still lingering he stepped up to Annalee. He brushed light fingertips through her hair before reaching around her shoulders and her legs to lift her up in to his arms.

"Hold on."

Holding her tight, Samael dashed with vampiric agility across the old manor of Sleepshy Rise over to the Library wing. Never stopping or even pausing to mark the sleep deprived students they passed on the way, his eyes remained fixed on Annalee's, even as he kicked the doors open to the huge library. The sound of the massive wooden double doors slamming open crashed through the otherwise fairly muted library halls.

His steps slowed here and walked calmly passed the librarian's office, the rows of writing desks with their small lit reading lamps, semi-conscious students, the tall neatly stacked wooden bookshelves with their carefully organised volumes.

The light in here was warm and dim from the reading lamps and the little lights fixed to the top of each impossibly tall bookshelf. His footsteps on the ancient flagstone floor echoed up to the high wooden ceiling as he passed it all with Annalee in his arms.

They passed rows after rows of books that filled the air in here with the rich warm smell of leather-bound words mingling with the subtle smell of pencil shavings and countless cups of coffee at various stages of staleness.

They passed through the wooden and obscured leaded glass partition of the Restricted Section and he nudged the door shut behind them. In here the scent of alcohol and formaldehyde picked up a little and the booshelves contained other items other than just books - scrolls, stoppered bottles and chests of various sizes. There were tiny whispers in the air in here, too many and too close to the edge of hearing to be made out but they were constant and bitter, it unsettled most people and so made this a less than ideal place for sleeping, or studying, even for those permitted access. Samael hoped it would therefore be more private than his secret room which every bumbling idiot in this school seemed to know about now.

In the small reading corner Sam settled Annalee down on one of the overstuffed old armchairs next to a five foot tall cast iron candle holder with lit candles and layers and layers of wax dripping in miniature stalactites from its many arms.

He knelt down on the floor before her, knitting his fingers together and resting his hands on her knees.

"You are full of surprises. Why would you make such a promise to me, Annalee Sokolov?"
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

15. - Top - End - #135
    Colossus in the Playground

The Sleepshy Cafeteria was also known as The Kill Zone.

The majority of students didn't eat, y'know, food - meaning the only people who came by regularly were the mortals. As a place that guaranteed a steady stream of mortals coming by, it was also the preferred hunting area for the school's most predatory creatures. Careful on your way to the buffet - you've got to avoid the spiderwebs, the pit traps, the cloakers, the mimics disguised as table chairs, the gangs of roving vampires or incubi who will sit down next to you all friendly-like and ask you for your name and ask if you could spare them a bite...

Everyone here is hungry. And Elodie just brought a packed lunch from home.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

"You are full of surprises. Why would you make such a promise to me, Annalee Sokolov?"
    What tactic to take here? Annalee's mind was whirring. She'd obviously intrigued him, and that was ideal. Did she tell him she wanted power? Appeal to his attractiveness? Make herself out to be tougher than she really was, like this was nothing big?

Understand. Annalee Sokolov is not strong. She is not fast. She does not have portals with which to flee or the sort of hypnotizing magic that Samael could use to charm the unwary. And she is not hot and she knows it. A girl like that, if anyone really treated her as she was, would be dead already. Dead again. And again and again. A girl like that needed to rely on her wits, her ability to manipulate people and leverage the sort of power that she did have. She had to be fearless and intriguing and better than everyone else so that they hung on her every word. That was the only way.

"I am a witch, da" she says, slipping more into her accent in private. It makes her sound a little like old Baba Sokolov, maybe shows what she could be like in the future. "I was trained to treat with spirits and the supernatural, to know them and offer them their needs in exchange for their favors. Such is the essence of magic. What is a little blood, then, as a favor to such a good friend? Though a little, mind. I am offering you your pleasure and willing to feel a little faint for a day, not to find myself returned to the morgue and that foul doctor." She gives you a stern look, Samael, though she holds it only for a moment.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

The Sleepshy Cafeteria was also known as The Kill Zone.

The majority of students didn't eat, y'know, food - meaning the only people who came by regularly were the mortals. As a place that guaranteed a steady stream of mortals coming by, it was also the preferred hunting area for the school's most predatory creatures. Careful on your way to the buffet - you've got to avoid the spiderwebs, the pit traps, the cloakers, the mimics disguised as table chairs, the gangs of roving vampires or incubi who will sit down next to you all friendly-like and ask you for your name and ask if you could spare them a bite...

Everyone here is hungry. And Elodie just brought a packed lunch from home.
    Timothy Oglevee Crompton (of the Wilkenstonshire Cromptons) waltzed into The Sleepyshy Cafeteria, hand in hand with Elodie. The place was absoulutely stuffed with monstrous creatures of every size, shape, and description, walking nightmares from the darkest imaginations of man. And so was the hallway they'd just come through, and every room they'd passed, and every room they hadn't passed, and every room that somehow managed to elude either of the previous two descriptions. The cafeteria was as horrifically inhabited as anywhere else, and merited the usual amount of caution. Which was to say, a lot of caution.

Such was life here. You didn't get used to it.

Timothy led her towards one of the unoccupied tables on the far, far end of the room. (Why was it that even here, the far tables were practically deserted? Did a clear line of sight to the exit aid the digestion? Ridiculous.) There, he let go of her hand...so that he could properly pull out a chair for her and motion for her to sit. "Please; allow me. This is your teatime, and I'm just sharing it." When was the last time he'd had a proper teatime? Too long, by far. "What kind of tea would you like? Black? Chamomile? Or something sweeter?"

Did...did his eyes just sparkle just now? I mean, he must still be having trouble talking around that mask. And that scarf. Becuase he certainly didn't just say that last bit extra low and slow, just for you Elodie.

That would be. Um.

That would be crazytalk.

[Rolling up some Mixed Messages to Turn Elodie On: 6 + 3 + 0 = 9 Choice is yours. ]

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

SECOND PLACE

Be subtle, Elodie! Don’t do anything horrifically stupid! Don’t be a dingus! Don’t think like a fluttering-hearted doe-eyed dizzybrains!

“You know what?” Elodie takes his hand, and holds it. She holds it like it’s a lifeline. “Let’s get a chamomile, to go.” Her voice has more purr in it than word. “I know someplace that’s much more... private than the cafeteria. And there, we can keep both our promises~”

So, how’s that sound, Timmy? Make no mistake, Elodie intends to climb you like a creeping vine once you’re alone. Just don’t take that scarf off, and she’ll make you scream. The good kind of scream. Because that’s what you want too, right? You want to feel alive. To do the things that teenagers do. That’s why you’re being so chivalrous, so generous, so seductive. You’re proving you’re more than just your teeth.

So, what do you say? Care to go get a tea set to go?

Good boy.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am a witch, da" she says, slipping more into her accent in private. It makes her sound a little like old Baba Sokolov, maybe shows what she could be like in the future. "I was trained to treat with spirits and the supernatural, to know them and offer them their needs in exchange for their favors. Such is the essence of magic. What is a little blood, then, as a favor to such a good friend? Though a little, mind. I am offering you your pleasure and willing to feel a little faint for a day, not to find myself returned to the morgue and that foul doctor." She gives you a stern look, Samael, though she holds it only for a moment.
    "I daresay it is a lot more than anyone else is getting in this godforsaken place tonight," Samael purred with a very pleased smile. "You are a generous witch, a rare thing indeed..." he parted his hands and rested them on a witchy knee each and soon began a slow caress up her outer thighs to her generous waist as he rose on his knees to reach that sweet spot where her neck met her shoulder. "I'm almost inclined to show generosity in return..." he murmured against her skin, savouring the moment, the scent, the sound of witches blood rushing hot and gleaming, just a whisper from his teeth, before finally taking the much anticipated bite.

[The Feeding: I take 1 Forward, Annalee definitely doesn't die]
    Last edited by Elanorin; 2019-11-24 at 04:53 AM.
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

SECOND PLACE

Be subtle, Elodie! Don’t do anything horrifically stupid! Don’t be a dingus! Don’t think like a fluttering-hearted doe-eyed dizzybrains!

“You know what?” Elodie takes his hand, and holds it. She holds it like it’s a lifeline. “Let’s get a chamomile, to go.” Her voice has more purr in it than word. “I know someplace that’s much more... private than the cafeteria. And there, we can keep both our promises~”

So, how’s that sound, Timmy? Make no mistake, Elodie intends to climb you like a creeping vine once you’re alone. Just don’t take that scarf off, and she’ll make you scream. The good kind of scream. Because that’s what you want too, right? You want to feel alive. To do the things that teenagers do. That’s why you’re being so chivalrous, so generous, so seductive. You’re proving you’re more than just your teeth.

So, what do you say? Care to go get a tea set to go?

Good boy.
    Gubduh

Howzit

Um. UM.

Bright, bright red stole up his face, peeping up over the scarf and spreading until even his ears turned scarlet. His hands trembled in Elodie's grasp, every motion shattering him anew with fresh data. Warm. Sure. Confident. Soft. Stable. Squeezing. Squeezing. Squeezing pain ow ow ow ow.

Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump. Pulsing through his fingers. Pulsing under hers. Can you feel it, Elodie? Can you feel his life?

"I should get the tea." Timothy declared, and walked away without another word.

Elodie, how does it feel to watch Timothy Oglvee Crompton (of the Wilkenstonshire Cromptons) all but melt in your hands? I mean, his face! His ears! (Did you know ears could turn that color? Educational!) The stunned silence! What else could it be? And to think, such a handsome, dashing gentleman could be so shy. That must be why he hadn't kissed you yet. Good think you made the first move, huh?

And most importantly of all, are you letting go long enough to let the boy fetch you some tea?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

[The Feeding: I take 1 Forward, Annalee definitely doesn't die]
    Annalee shudders when your teeth first caress her neck and you can feel the shiver of thrill that races through her whole body. Perhaps she's ticklish? Perhaps she hasn't done this as much as she'd like. Perhaps the neck is a very sensitive area for her. But one way or another, she practically curls into you. It's soft, how she feels in your embrace. Soft, thick and full. There's a lot of tension in her shoulders though, it's where she puts all her stress and you can see her visibly respond to even the lightest touch of your fingers there. She'd melt if you started a massage.

Even when your fangs penetrate the skin and there's a soft gasp, she seems to lean into the pain, like she's enjoying it. You don't drink too deep either, truly quite the gentleman, and as you release your teeth and a single drop of blood drips onto her neck by the bite marks, it is very, plainly, extremely obvious that Annalee Sokolov enjoyed every part of that very much.

Annalee doesn't say anything immediately when you're done, Samael, just holds herself close to you, stretching out the moment as long as you'll allow.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2019-11-24 at 08:00 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

22. - Top - End - #142

It's a very positive emotion, hate. Hate gets you out of bed in the morning. Hate brushes your teeth, goes through breakfast, makes you do a fancy triple knot rather than a basic bow wrapping. Hate gives you the willpower to be your best self, to push through every mental block or moment of doubt or insecurity. Hate is a model citizen, a perfectly contributing member of society who goes above and beyond the call of duty. With enough hate you can get right on up out of the grave - in fact, the hate won't even give you a choice!

And if there's one person Melodie Zant hates it's Elodie Faucher.

Spoiler: Melodie Zant
    Show

Ghost Wizard: Ghosts can do all kinds of weird stuff. Melodie is kind of new to this, though.
    Fuelled by Hate: Every time Melodie causes someone to feel sad she takes a string on that person.

She didn't deserve to be here in Sleepshy. She deserved to be in the afterlife by now, being served grapes by beautiful catgirls (in what she assumed was the afterlife promised to dutiful worshippers of Bast)! But what was there to do when your psychopomp decided that freaking out and crying and running off were more important than guiding you through the sunless realms? Like her feelings were more important than your eternal rest!? Hate hadn't given her the option to even try following the tearful, mumbled directions she had been given (take a left, then onwards to the point where the not-sun crests the night obelisk, then it's the battle-ax block at the end of the skull road). Hate had turned her around and walked her right back into the waking world because, damn it, she'd been overlooked in life and damn it she was not going to be overlooked in death.

And she sees Elodie now. Sees the boy - who was apparently more important than her eternal rest!!

Well!!

Something!! Must!! Be!! Done!!

She sneaks up on Timothy Crompton as he is making tea and steps right into his body. She doesn't care about the fine puppet-details of possession. She just grabs him, steps into his body, and saturates his being with spooky ghost magic. It's the best she can think of on short notice.

Timothy! You don't really notice! You can still make tea just fine. Maybe it's a bit chilly. You are getting a lot less hungry looks from the cafeteria though.

[Timothy, enter your Darkest Self, with an eye towards the Ghost's.]
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-11-24 at 08:55 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Annalee shudders when your teeth first caress her neck and you can feel the shiver of thrill that races through her whole body. Perhaps she's ticklish? Perhaps she hasn't done this as much as she'd like. Perhaps the neck is a very sensitive area for her. But one way or another, she practically curls into you. It's soft, how she feels in your embrace. Soft, thick and full. There's a lot of tension in her shoulders though, it's where she puts all her stress and you can see her visibly respond to even the lightest touch of your fingers there. She'd melt if you started a massage.

Even when your fangs penetrate the skin and there's a soft gasp, she seems to lean into the pain, like she's enjoying it. You don't drink too deep either, truly quite the gentleman, and as you release your teeth and a single drop of blood drips onto her neck by the bite marks, it is very, plainly, extremely obvious that Annalee Sokolov enjoyed every part of that very much.

Annalee doesn't say anything immediately when you're done, Samael, just holds herself close to you, stretching out the moment as long as you'll allow.
    The moment stretched easily and winded its increasingly lengthy tendrils round and round the two, where she sat, where he knelt, his face still only inches from hers. Samael couldn't remember when he last tasted witches blood like this. His chest was heaving, gasping for breath as if he'd been running for miles. His body was positively radiating with... heat? No. Light? No. Vitality. Yes.

He felt... hells below... he felt Alive.

Had he ever tasted witches blood like this?

Despite feeling more powerful than ever, all Samael could do was breathe, as he felt her electrifying blood flow down his throat, in to his chest, his abdomen, the sheer heat of it radiating out his arms, filling his shoulders, shining out in to his hands and fingertips as they reached up under her shirt. It flowed down his legs, through his knees and in to his feet and it pooled in his heart, his head, on his tongue, and it burned deliciously. Thirst morphed and faded seamlessly in to hunger, one sated, the other triggered. Nothing mattered anymore, only her. Certainly not the goddamn Angel's goddamn rules. To hell with it all. Her. Right here. Right now. The rest be damned. Even if it meant losing it all.

STOP.

The alarm bells rang much later than they should have. You tell me Ana, had his lips reached yours by the time he froze? Had his cold dead hands touched the skin under your clothes when he suddenly flew back from you with such force that he slammed in to a bookshelf causing no less than six enormous whispering folios to crash to the floor, missing him by inches and sheer dumb luck?

Or is the look on his face as he stares at you with shock, desire and fear too much for such details to linger in your mind?
    Last edited by Elanorin; 2019-11-26 at 04:32 PM.
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

CREEP

It's so nice, being that close. The lips almost come together. If vampires had breath, Annalee would have felt its faintest caress, but instead there is only that moment of tantalizing closeness when suddenly Samael springs backwards, sending the books into a tumble.

Annalee sniffs once, derisively. Gathers herself up. "Well, I see you obviously enjoyed yourself. Next time, at least be a proper gentleman and see your meal to the door before you recoil in disgust."

And with that she turns and strides right out of the library room, never mind who sees the little bite marks on her neck with their blood not yet dried, she holds her head up high and walks right out on him, leaving the door open for anyone studying in the library who cares to take a peek.

[Annalee is rolling to Shut Samael Down. 3+3+2=8. She's giving him the Condition SAVAGE. He may inflict a condition on her in return.]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

CREEP

It's so nice, being that close. The lips almost come together. If vampires had breath, Annalee would have felt its faintest caress, but instead there is only that moment of tantalizing closeness when suddenly Samael springs backwards, sending the books into a tumble.

Annalee sniffs once, derisively. Gathers herself up. "Well, I see you obviously enjoyed yourself. Next time, at least be a proper gentleman and see your meal to the door before you recoil in disgust."

And with that she turns and strides right out of the library room, never mind who sees the little bite marks on her neck with their blood not yet dried, she holds her head up high and walks right out on him, leaving the door open for anyone studying in the library who cares to take a peek.

[Annalee is rolling to Shut Samael Down. 3+3+2=8. She's giving him the Condition SAVAGE. He may inflict a condition on her in return.]
    SAVAGE

She doesn't get far, in fact it's mere steps by the time the vampire's voice rumbles dangerously behind her. It's low, but it's pure fury, like a thunderstorm rolling across the sky straight towards her.

"Did I say you could go?"

And then lightning strikes. In the blink of an eye he is before you, fuelled by your own blood as it betrays you moments after you willingly gave it. His fist strikes you brutally, right across the face with a force to shove you back inside the room. Back where you came from.

He laughs, and any trace of warmth is stolen from it, his eyes are red with a free and rampant thirst that is normally so carefully checked. He kissed his own knuckles, tasting the spot where his skin connected with yours so mercilessly.

"What we have here is a quality teaching moment," he grinned at his own joke. "I know you are just dying to learn. That is why you're here, after all," Samael was enjoying this and began to slowly walk, pacing back and forth before her, blocking her path out and eying her closely. The smile faded but left his fangs bared.

[Rolling to Lash Out Physically against Annalee: 6+1+1=8 I deal harm, I become my Darkest Self
    Pulling 1 String on Annalee to give Condition: WHIPPED]
    ~ Neil Gaiman

~ Snow Patrol

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

CREEP
    WHIPPED

Before this gets too far, Samael, when you strike her, Annalee tries to raise her raise her hand to protect herself. You brush it aside, but in so doing, her nails might catch and rip on a piece of your shirt.

[Annalee is going to try and grab a sympathetic token here, keeping her cool to do so even under attack. She's really afraid that he'll notice and maybe try to kill her for it. 3+4+2=9. So, she can do it, but the MC will say how it would leave her vulnerable if she does and I get to decide if she follows through or not.]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Timothy! You don't really notice! You can still make tea just fine. Maybe it's a bit chilly. You are getting a lot less hungry looks from the cafeteria though.

[Timothy, enter your Darkest Self, with an eye towards the Ghost's.]
    It takes five minutes for a cup of chamomile tea to properly steep.

Five minutes is a long time for a boy to spend alone with his thoughts.

This...this couldn't be real. This couldn't really be happening. He felt a passenger in his own body, dimly aware of the sudden storm threatening to swallow him whole, and unable to do a thing to save himself. Helpless as he mechanically made her tea. Her tea. Tea, for her.

Did you know, he hadn't forgotten? At the worst times, at the mediocre times, in the middle of work, in the quiet of the night, it came back to him. Cut clean through his thoughts. Clear as day. Clear as a bright, sunny day at the beach.

“love you too!”
    Timothy was beginning to suspect that might not have been entirely by complete accident. Possibly. Was there any mitigating factors? Was she acting under duress? Was this some sort of game? Had he misunderstood her? Had she misunderstood him? What was he missing? What happened? Why would she skip several critical steps in the courtship process?!

Oh beans the courtship process don't think about the courtship process don't think about the courtship process don't

His breath came hard and heavy. And all he'd done was stand here watching a teacup. Fancy that.

Back to the important matter at hand: Why?! Why him? Why now? Why here? Didn't she know how much trouble they'd get in? To...to canoodle in Detention? Might as well skip class, do drugs, and make obscene gestures to any nearby faculty. Didn't she know he'd be out of this nightmare soon, if only he could keep out of trouble? Didn’t she care if he ever got to see his family again?

...did anyone, for that matter?

Samael. G'eldriia. That werewolf girl. Elodie. Even Annie. None of them cared about poor, cursed Timothy. Nobody here was going to help him. Everyone just wanted him dead or wanted him. Rule #2, or Rule #1, it was all the same to the Angel. Detention. Reformation. Incarceration. Forever. In this blasted tower of horrors. Why couldn't he just-

Timothy shivered in the cold, blinked through hot tears.

Why couldn't he just be left alone?

[Roll to Gaze Into the Abyss: 4 + 2 - 1 = 5]

[Becoming the Ghost’s Darkest Self. And I’m pretty sure Timmy is sad, and Melodie is slightly to blame, so go ahead and take a string on him while we’re at it.]

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Why couldn't he just be left alone?

[Roll to Gaze Into the Abyss: 4 + 2 - 1 = 5]

[Becoming the Ghost’s Darkest Self. And I’m pretty sure Timmy is sad, and Melodie is slightly to blame, so go ahead and take a string on him while we’re at it.]
    Oh, but you can be left alone, friend! You just had to say the word! Or think it with such soulfulness that I couldn't look past it any more. You know I can't turn you down, sweetgums - I could just pinch your pretty little cheeks! You know, I hardly think it's fair that you have to put up with all these roided up brutes and arcane backstabbers in the first place. Like you said! Do your time. I'm sure that no matter how hard they look they won't find you, me, or anything else even vaguely suspicious. They won't find anything at all!

Electric lights let off a soft, pervasive blue glow; firelight cuts harder lines and shapes. When both sets of illumination fall away from Timothy's boots it's like he's suddenly forgotten to shine them. Then up the uniform, bite by bite. Not hiding from the lights - eating it whenever it got close like a jagged invisibility cloak.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

SECOND PLACE

“Hiiiiii, Driiiiiiiaaaaaa,” Elodie says suspiciously, sliding into the seat opposite everybody’s least favorite spider trivia team taskmaster. “Hey, so, it’s the funniest thing, I was here with Timmy, you know, doing a class assignment, and I look away for a moment while he’s walking past your table, and when I look back, gosh, there’s no Timmy, and would you have happened to see where he went?”

Elodie drops her chin in her hands and gives a nastily beatific and innocent smile while simultaneously trying to hook Dria’s gym bag with her foot under the table, because Timmy has to be in there.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

CREEP
    WHIPPED

Annalee tries to throw up a hand in defense and a bit of your cuff rips, Samael. It's quick, you're striking her, after all, and she pockets it in the recoil. Besides it's practically nothing.
    [Gaining a sympathetic token on Samael]. Despite the speed though, you feel that you've gained power somehow in this moment. Annalee took something of yours onto her person, and she did it without the proper time or magical protections so until she can escape and re-center herself, she's vulnerable to your powers of suggestion.

She is also exceptionally vulnerable to violence. She tries to glower, but she can't quite hold it together and you can see the tears at the corner of her eyes. "Samael, I'm sorry I didn't, I didn't mean, I'm sorry, I just I thought." It's taking everything she has not to break down crying right now. Please don't hurt her.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes