New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Game that has Robots?

After playing transformers and robot trucks. I have found out that I am starting to like managing the bots and play them in warfare like games. So looking forward to more titles that can have such type of the bots.

Do you know any games that has robots used in warfare?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Game that has Robots?

There are some Castellan Robots in Warhammer 40r: Mechanicus.
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbowers View Post
    After playing transformers and robot trucks. I have found out that I am starting to like managing the bots and play them in warfare like games. So looking forward to more titles that can have such type of the bots.

Do you know any games that has robots used in warfare?
    Battletech is a pretty cool mech strategy game that you might like. Unless you mean robot as in "not human piloted", in which case I don't really know anything.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Super Robot Wars series and most Gundam games will definitely allow you to scratch that itch.
    Front Mission series of tactical RPGs is very good and has cool mecha designs. Front Mission 5 is a good starting point, Front Mission 3 is also a classic, but it's likely you can enjoy the whole series.
    Both Terran and Protoss armies in either Starcraft game can utilize a heavy amount of robotics in their design - Terrans use heavy walkers called Goliaths (SC1) and Thors (SC2) and Protoss have various ways to incorporate the soul of a wounded or fallen warrior into a battle machine in order to allow them to keep fighting on even after defeat (Dragoons, Immortals and Stalkers), as well as other robots (Reavers). In the Starcraft 2 co-op vs AI commander mode, Artanis, Fenix, Karax and Zeratul are four available Protoss commanders who make heavy use of robotics in their standard army compositions, whereas on the human side Swann can field Goliaths once more.
    Supreme Commander is another RTS game with a solid robotic warfare representation.
    One Must Fall 2097 is an old fighting game where you customize robots to do Mortal Kombat-style combat.

Again, we're not certain if pilot-inside-the-cockpit controlled mecha fit your criteria, so I apologise if those aren't quite it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Xcom allows you to unlock robotic units and construct cyborgs. After a few missions relying on puny humans, you can construct a unstoppable [Results may vary, success not guaranteed] robotic force.
    Last edited by Thomas Cardew; 2019-07-18 at 12:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Into the Breach is all about giant robots (vs giant bugs). It's also quite, quite excellent and fun =)

Be prepared for old-school graphics tho.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Every unit except your commander in Supreme Commander is some kind of robot, and it's a large-scale RTS game.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Spamalot in the Playground

Starcraft 2 Co-op has three commanders that use robots exclusively - Fenix (robo-Protoss), Stetmann (robo-Zerg), and Swann (robo-Terran, you can ignore the meat pilots.) They all have unique robo-themed core abilities too, like Fenix's ability to transform between different configurations and ignore the tech tree, Stetmann's ability to cover the map in power-field-generating satellite drones that help his units, and Swann's ability to fire lasers at enemies all the way across the map and build more automated turrets than any other commander.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Supreme Commander is awesome, and even has an active Fan continuation that's still maintained. They've even brought the campaigns into the new client so you can play co-op.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

+1 to Supreme Commander and SRW, both great stuff for mecha mania.

Starcraft 2 is also good in the robot army department, and a good chunk of the game is available for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

You might be interested in both Crossout and Robocraft

both games that heavily feature you building and designing your own vehicle for battle in a limited arena against another team. Not really "Robots" though as they have no intelligence, artificial, virtual, or otherwise, and the Crossout ones are more suped-up cars then much else, but it's mechanical things blowing up mechanical things. so there's that.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show