New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Demographics

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Default Demographics

Self-scrubbing for reasons.
    Last edited by jjordan; 2023-01-24 at 06:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Demographics

The count was of citizens of Paris. Now, not saying this is the case here, but in different times and places, citizen meant of of a certain class and above, often property owners.
    Serfs were not citizens, although I don't think these were around in 13th century France. Slaves were not citizens. Those living in boarding houses, maybe counted. Vagrents would not be counted as citizens.
    Those working in Paris, but living outside the bounds of the districts, would not citizens of Paris. Although they might be included in the general population of Paris. Much like when most people talk about a big city, we often include a lot of smaller manicipalities and areas that are not actually part of the city.
    Spoiler
    Show

Warforged Upgrades
    Blade Lord Vestige
    Soulforged PrC
    Transformers RPG Now Updated as PDFs on Google Drive.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Default Re: Demographics

Quote Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
    I thought about the clergy and looked that number up. They account for about 10% of the population. So 24,400. Which would leave me with 56,800 still unaccounted for. Students could account for another 4,000. So 52,800 are still unaccounted for. And now I'm at a loss.
    They aren't actually citizens? Resident and citizen aren't the same. During the Roman Empire you could be a resident of the Empire, but not a citizen. One could be a citizen and not technically reside in the Empire. For example once Augustus took over Egypt all of Egypt's people became residents of the Empire, very few of them would be citizens.