Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 208
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Proven_Paradox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Cyrick nods as Lyanne looks to him. He says, "I know little more about this councilman, but have spent some time learning diplomatic means to my ends, as I'm sure many of your here have guessed. I think it would best for me to go to speak with Menash. If any of you know more about this man, 'twould be wise to let me know beforehand."

    After a small pause, he turns his attention to Lyanne and adds, "I carry all of my possessions with me; there is no need to have anyone 'tie up loose ends,' as you say, for me."

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    kamikasei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    "It's probably best if I join Cyrick, then," Lyanne decides. "I've my own share of experience getting the okay for whatever needs doing.

    "I've got what I need with me, as well. How are the rest of you set on that score?"

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mike_Lemmer's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Helionaluxis

    "I am prepared to travel."

    Helionaluxis downs another mug of ale when Torrent offers it, to give her breath the smell of alcohol.
    PCs: Horacio, Gorby, Helionaluxis

    Avatar by Ceika

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Demented One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Sovorian

    "I think I might should accompany Cyrick and Lyanne. I have some way with words, if that is what needed...and, should our would-be patron decide to set his guards, rather than his mercy, upon us, I can put up a fair defense against it." Sovorian says. He grins subtly as he does, laughing at some personal joke.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

    Homebrew by The Demented One.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    kamikasei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    "Then we have a plan. You're sure you don't need anything more?" Lyanne asks Sovorian, looking somewhat dubiously at the unarmed man.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mike_Lemmer's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Helionaluxis

    "I doubt it. Those who appear unarmed can be the most dangerous of all."
    PCs: Horacio, Gorby, Helionaluxis

    Avatar by Ceika

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Demented One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Sovorian

    "Indeed. My appearance may be disarming, but I assure you that I am quite amply armed."
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2007-10-11 at 09:28 PM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

    Homebrew by The Demented One.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    kamikasei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    "Well enough. I doubt we'll find ourselves under attack just for trying to speak to a councilman, in any case."

    Lyanne turns to Torrent. "I take it you will be joining Varcolac and Helionaluxis to meet this informant? It's likely best Menash doesn't see you."

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    High Cromlech
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Varcolac

    "Lovely sight though he'd find you."
    Varc chuckles.

    She turns thoughtful for a moment.
    "I'll need my....my lance. Beyond that, I'm ready."


  10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fax Celestis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    She nods. "Looks like we have a plan of act-..." She is interrupted by a series of muted thuds scattered throughout the city.

    From outside the inn, you hear a man shout, "Front door: GO!" and the front door bursts open. Four half-orcs stand at the door, bearing a small battering ram, while behind them another half-orc points at you and says, "Drop your weapons and come quietly. We don't want to break your valuable little heads."

    Torrent laughs and says, "Just try it, buddy."

    Battlemap:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Notes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    kamikasei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sonuva! Everything was coming together so nicely...

    Initiative - (1d20+2)[4]


    Lyanne's hand goes reflexively to the hilt of her sword as her mind races to consider their options. Before she can judge whether to attack or retreat the decision is made for her as others move into melee.

    Cursing under her breath, she draws her weapon as she moves up to the enemy, sweeping around in a deadly arc as it leaves the sheath. Don't think. Don't hesitate. Just do. Her fingers tighten their grip. It had been a good plan, damn it.

    She looks as far towards Torrent as she can afford to, calling out. "Get to the stairs!"

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: adopts Leading the Charge stance, granting allies a +2 to damage on a charge.
    Move: moves to the nearest enemy, drawing her sword as she does. If two enemies are open she moves adjacent to them both; if the path is clear to do so she moves to the far side of the door so that she and Hel are framing it. She won't risk provoking an attack of opportunity.
    Standard: her attack depends on the situation on her initiative. If two enemies are within her reach she'll use Steel Wind to attack both: the first attack a 17 for 14 damage and the second a 26 for 11 damage. If only one is available she'll use Sapphire Nightmare Blade instead, making a Concentration check of 15 against the target's AC before making one attack. If the check succeeds she adds 1d6 damage and the enemy is flat-footed for the attack, a 17 for 14+4=18 damage; if it fails the attack is at a -2 with no bonus damage, making the attack 15 for 14 damage.


    Rolls:


    Status:
    22hp, AC 16, flat-footed 14. Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1.
    Last edited by kamikasei; 2007-10-12 at 01:08 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Proven_Paradox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Cyrick quickly stands and places a hand on the hilt of his sword. He mutters a short prayer as he prepares to fight, "Arch-Paladin guide my blade and be my shield."

    Initial action: Cyrick will shift into his Martial Stance (swift) and close with the first orc as quickly as he can, drawing his sword and shield as he does (move). Once he's closed the distance, he will attack (standard). This may be a maneuver, depending on what my initial maneuvers granted are. (Could you let me know what those are when you get a chance, Fax?)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: 1d20+1=4 ...D'oh.
    Attack Roll (1d20+7=16) Not bad.
    Damage (1d8+4=8)
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2007-10-12 at 12:05 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mike_Lemmer's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Helionaluxis

    Initiative: 12

    As Helionaluxis rises from her chair, all of you feel something ripple through your bodies. The burning warmth within you fades away as you feel your upper arms bulge and tingle beneath the skin with a newfound strength. Her voice drops an octave and cracks with menace.

    "You're disturbing us..."

    She pulls out her sword & shield, steps towards an open half-orc and swings.

    Aura Note: After Helionaluxis acts, everyone within 30' of her gets +2 to any melee damage. On the first turn, everyone with an initiative of 11 or less will get it. After the first turn, everyone will get it.

    Actions:
    • (swift) Switch aura from Resistance to Power. (All allies within 30' lose Fire Resistance 10, gain +2 melee damage.)
    • (move) Draw arms, move to nearest open half-orc.
    • (standard) Intimidating Strike: Hits AC 15, causes 10 damage; if hit, target must make an Intimidation check of 12 (1d20 + level/HD + Wis bonus + modifiers on saves vs fear) or become Shaken for the rest of the encounter.
    • Stats: AC 19 normal, 18 flatfooted; HP 23/23; Fort +6, Reflex +1, Will +4; attack mod. +4 w/ rapier for 1d6+2 damage (1d6+4 w/ Power aura on).


    Rolls:
    PCs: Horacio, Gorby, Helionaluxis

    Avatar by Ceika

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Demented One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Sovorian

    Sovorian closes his eyes for the briefest of moments. As he does, a circle of floating, luminous glyphs appears around his head, and a blade of light, ringed by similar glyphs, appears in his hand. He moves to within range of his enemies, locking eyes with them. He focuses on the orc directly before him, testing its will, before lashing out at it with his

    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

    Free: Engage in a duel of wills with Orc 1.
    Free: Restore power glyphs.
    Swift: Enter Punishing Stance
    Move: Move two squares to the left and create mind blade.
    Standard: Initiate Sapphire Nightmare Blade, attacking Orc 1.


    Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative:
    (1d20+1)[14]

    Concentration for Duel of Wills:
    (1d20+8)[23]

    Attack
    [roll]1d20+4[/roll]

    Damage
    [roll]1d6+2[/roll]

    Concentration for Sapphire Nightmare Blade
    [roll]1d20+8[/roll]

    Sapphire Nightmare Blade Damage
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2007-10-12 at 10:39 AM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

    Homebrew by The Demented One.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    High Cromlech
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    "Oh, good. I'm not much for talking, anyway."
    She actually sounds genuinely relieved....

    Initiative: (1d20+2)[5]

    Actions:
    -Free: Gabble.
    -1st Move: Draw Short sword.
    -2nd Move: Move to within striking range of Half-Orc #1, or, should previous actions prohibit such a target, any opponent within a half-speed move. If no opponents are available, she will move to stand beside the doorway to ambush stragglers from the rear.
    In either case, she will attempt to Hide in Plain Sight.
    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+13)[33] Stealth


  16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Demented One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    OOC: Edited post, new rolls.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack
    (1d20+4)[16]

    Damage
    (1d6+2)[8]

    Concentration for Sapphire Nightmare Blade
    (1d20+8)[14]

    Sapphire Nightmare Blade Damage
    (1d6)[3]
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

    Homebrew by The Demented One.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fax Celestis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Torrent pauses a moment after standing, and all of you feel a wave of divine radiance pass out from her.1 "Go for the stairs!" she says, and runs towards them.2

    Half-Orc 2 moves into the room and swings at Torrent with a short sword,3 though his sword misses her.

    Half-Orc 1 stays where he is, blocking the doorway, and fires a crossbow at Lyanne.4 The bolt misses her completely, embedding itself in the wall behind her.

    Sovorian moves forward and meets Half-Orc 2. A blade of mental energy manifests in his hand, a blaze of determination appears in his eyes, and the blade strikes home. Half-Orc 2 lies on the ground before Sovorian, bleeding and unconscious.

    Helionaluxis meets Half-Orc 1 in front of the doorway, and her blade slices through his neck with relative ease. Half-Orc 1 also drops to the ground.

    Varcolac moves to the right of the doorway and hides herself in the shadows, waiting for someone to enter the room. However, Lyanne moves into the doorway and uses sapphire nightmare blade to strike. She moves with such grace and fluidity that she cleaves his head clean from his shoulders. He drops, lifeless, to the ground.

    Cyrick, with no enemy within striking range, moves close to protect Torrent (4G), should he need to.

    Half-Orc 5 has a mighty greatsword in his hands and moves forward one step before swinging it down at Lyanne. Surprisingly, what you thought was a half-orc before is really a powerfully built human. He grins malevolently as his weapon strikes Lyanne.5

    Half-Orc 4 steps over his fallen companion and also swings at Lyanne, who is off-balance from the last attack and takes the flat of the blade across her arm.6

    A large boom shakes the building, and screaming can be heard from upstairs. The human in front of Lyanne swears under his breath, and something thuds against the door to the stairs.7 The bronze bust of Emperor Coaltongue falls off the wall and lands with a thud. Pieces of the ceiling above collapse downwards, burning merrily.

    Round two.

    Spoiler
    Show
    1Torrent has cast bless.
    2She moves to square 4F, if one numbers across the top and letters across the side.
    3He moves to 5G, attacks at 1d20+3=11, 1d6+2=4.
    41d20+1=2, 1d8=4
    51d20+6=16, 2d6+3=10
    61d20+3=19, 1d6+2=3
    7Reflex saves from everyone. DC 10, or take 1 fire damage.

    Battlemap will be updated when I get an opportunity tonight, unless someone else who has OpenRPG can do it.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mike_Lemmer's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Helionaluxis

    Reflex Save: 9, takes 1 fire damage

    Helionaluxis snarls as Lyanne gets hit twice & the flaming debris leaves a few scorch marks.

    "Lyanne, get back and heal. We'll get this."

    Helionaluxis steps within 15' of the last two enemies, facing them. As she glares at them, you feel the power in your arms fade, replaced by inner warmth once again. The searing heat of the flames around you is reduced to a warm tingling.

    "So, you like playing with fire?"

    Helionaluxis sharply inhales and expels a gout of flame over ally and enemy alike, but it washes over her allies like water. Her enemies aren't so lucky.

    Aura: After Helionaluxis acts, everyone loses the +2 melee damage buff & gains Fire Resistance 10.

    Actions:
    • (swift) Switch aura from Power to Resistance.
    • (move) Get into position to hit both enemies with breath (15' cone). Also tries to cover Lyanne's withdrawal if possible.
    • (standard) Breath Weapon (4 Fire damage, Reflex DC 14 for half, recharges in 2 rounds)
    PCs: Horacio, Gorby, Helionaluxis

    Avatar by Ceika

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Proven_Paradox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Cyrick raises his shield, deflecting most of the flaming debris away from him and leaving him without injury worth noting.

    "Lyanne, pull back!" Cyrick shouts as the warrior takes so many blows. He beckons her to move back behind him, and prepares himself to meet any who would pursue the injured warrior.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Free: Speaking
    Standard: Ready action. If an enemy comes close enough for him to threaten after a five foot step, he will move to that enemy and use Crusader's Strike on them.


    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save: (1d20+1=19)
    ((If the readied action happens))
    Crusader's Strike AR: (1d20+8=24)
    Crusader's Strike DR: (1d8+4=11)
    Crusader's Strike Healing: (1d6+2=8) (To Lyanne)
    Martial Spirit Healing: 2 (To Lyanne, unless someone else gets seriously injured between now and Cyrick's turn, in which case it goes to them)


    Maneuvers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm numbering them as ordered on my sheet, so: 1 is Crusader's Strike, 5 is Shockwave Fist, and so on.
    Getting Maneuver 1: (1d5=5) (Shockwave Fist)
    Getting Maneuver 2: (1d4=1) (Crusader's Strike)
    Getting Maneuver 3: (1d3=3) (General's Aid)

    ((Granted at round's end))
    Getting Maneuver 4: (1d2=1) (Vanguard Strike)
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2007-10-12 at 02:23 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    High Cromlech
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Varcolac

    Let's see how they like this...
    Fading out of the shadows, chanting a strident battle-prayer in the celestial tongue, Varcolac slashes out with her short-blade, aiming to tear the spine from the hapless opponent who failed to spot her.

    Without waiting to see the stroke's effect, she gathers the shadows and once more fades, moving as close to the (hopefully) final foe as she can while maintaining stealth.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+3)[19] To-hit, Short sword.
    (1d6+3)[7] Damage, Short sword.

    (1d20+13)[20] Stealth.


  21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    kamikasei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Updated battle map:
    Spoiler
    Show

    That's for the start of this round.


    Reflex: 8, taking 1 Fire damage which is blocked by Hel's resistance, yes?

    Lyanne freezes up for the briefest moment as her blade passes cleanly through her enemy's neck. The paralysis is fleeting but gives the soldiers standing behind him an opening.

    "Hnh!" she grunts as their weapons cut at her arms. Heeding Helionaluxis' call to withdraw, she moves back cautiously to deny them a further opening, reaching to her belt pouch for a healing potion.

    She feels a renewed surge of energy wash over her as Cyrick moves into battle, the pain of her wounds fading to the back of her awareness.

    "Forget the stairs!"
    she calls out to the others. "We'll have to go cut our way out here!"

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: moves 15' to G7 F5 (edit: changed on account of debris), tumbling to avoid an attack of opportunity. First tumble check is 21, second (if they need to be made separately) is 19, which I think means both succeed.
    Standard: if she can get a potion from its pouch and drink it as a standard action (I forget), she does so, healing 4 damage. If that's more actions than she's got she uses the standard action to flourish with her weapon, recovering expended maneuvers.


    Rolls:


    Status:
    9/22hp, healed to 13 if she can get her potion in. If Cyrick's stance benefits her, that's 11 and 15. If his strike hits, 17 and 21. If both work, 21 and full.
    Last edited by kamikasei; 2007-10-12 at 03:04 PM. Reason: adding map, Cyrick's actions

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    High Cromlech
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Spoiler
    Show

    Forgot my reflex save/hat.
    (1d20+4)[16]


  23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fax Celestis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Oh! Further note: the following squares are filled with burning debris.:

    D3, E5, F3, F6, G2, G3, G7, and H3. Moving through one of these squares counts as difficult terrain, and requires a DC 10 Reflex save to avoid taking 1d6 fire damage.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mike_Lemmer's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    (OOC: No Kami, it doesn't; that fire damage occured before Helionaluxis put up the aura. Any fire damage <10 you take after she goes will be negated.

    Also, got a new map w/ the flaming debris. Created via MapTool; I can upload it so you guys can modify it, too. Here it is:
    Spoiler
    Show
    PCs: Horacio, Gorby, Helionaluxis

    Avatar by Ceika

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Demented One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Sovorian

    "These scum should not be hard to dispatch of." Sovorian says calmly, as he advances on his next foe. He strikes at both of the remaining orcs with two quick slashes of his mind blade.

    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

    Move: Move forward four squares, and one square to the left.
    Standard: Initiate Steel Wind to attack orcs 4 and 5.


    Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack (Orc 4)
    (1d20+4)[17]

    Damage (Orc 4)
    (2d6+2)[10]

    Attack (Orc 5)
    (1d20+4)[9]

    Damage (Orc 5)
    (2d6+2)[7]
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

    Homebrew by The Demented One.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fax Celestis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    A half-orc, bursts through the stairway door. He is on fire, and he was also not ready to see what has happened to his comrades. He moves slightly into the room and halts (finishing at H2). Torrent takes advantage of his surprise to pull out a crossbow and shoot him in the shoulder.1

    A second half-orc stumbles down the stairs, this one not on fire. He does, however, have some blood on him, though it is obviously not his own. (He stops at I2) More prepared than his compatriot, he fires a crossbow at Varcolac2, but misses.

    Sovorian delays until after Lyanne's turn.

    Neither the half-orc nor the human outside are capable of dodging Helionaluxis' breath3, and they are each singed in turn.

    Varcolac strikes the burly human by surprise, and he staggers from the blow. Varcolac takes advantage of this to move closer to the pair that came down the stairway. (Ends at I3)

    Lyanne moves back, halting next to Torrent. She grasps for a potion at her belt but Torrent stops her with a glance. "Just a sec," she says.

    Sovorian rushes forward into the gap created by Lyanne and slashes at the two foes. He strikes one, but not the other, and Half-Orc 4 lies at his feet, bleeding profusely.

    Cyrick moves forwards in preparation but is unable to find an opponent to strike safely.

    Lastly, the human with the greatsword swings a mighty blow at Sovorian,4 but Sovorian parries the blow handily.


  27. - Top - End - #57
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mike_Lemmer's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Helionaluxis

    Updated Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Helionaluxis blows smoke out of her nostrils following the breath. She notices Cyrick hesitate before the burning debris.

    "Do not fear the flames. They can not harm you."

    She looks over at the transformed Sovorian, nods once in recognition, then joins him in assaulting the swordsman, making a swing that sends shivers through you just looking at it.

    Actions:
    • (standard) Intimidating Strike against swordsman, hits AC 16 for 3 damage. Intimidate Check: 29

    Rolls:
    Last edited by Mike_Lemmer; 2007-10-12 at 07:53 PM.
    PCs: Horacio, Gorby, Helionaluxis

    Avatar by Ceika

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Demented One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    "Time to finish them. Sovorian says, as he moves to face the new arrivals. He makes to dispatch one of the new arrivals with his mind blade.

    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

    Swift: Recover maneuvers.
    Move: Move two squares left.
    Attack: Attack Orc 6


    Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack:
    (1d20+4)[19]

    Damage:
    (2d6+2)[11]
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2007-10-12 at 08:20 PM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

    Homebrew by The Demented One.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    kamikasei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Lyanne's hands shake slightly as they hold her sword in a falcon guard before her, ready to meet an attacker. She tells herself it's from the pain of her wounds, the cut on her left arm staining her doublet with blood. She flexes the arm slightly to test its strength, grimacing at the resulting stab of pain, but the arm seems able to do its job still.

    Just the pain. But her sword is slick with a dead man's blood, and the smell of blood and burning fills her nostrils.

    Stupid, she castigates herself. Sloppy. Doesn't matter how good a hit you get in if you leave yourself open to someone else. Should have been able to block that...

    Her eyes dart back and forth from the doorway to the stairs and the new arrivals. Helionaluxis and Sovorian have the human swordsman, but it looks like he's more capable than his fallen companions. This is a tactical mess, she thinks. None of us have any idea what the others are capable of. When we get out of here we'll need to remedy that.

    "Would those be friends of yours these guys were fighting upstairs?"
    she asks Torrent, not taking her eyes from their foes.

    The flames cannot harm you, she repeats. Who knew just what this new Amber's capabilities had become? A moment ago she saw her breathe fire...

    "If you're planning to do something, do it soon,"
    she tells Torrent as quietly as she can be sure will be heard. Her stance shifts as she prepares to charge.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyanne will wait for any healing or other aid Torrent might provide, but with or without, she'll move to the debris-filled square to attack the two half-orcs. Reflex is 13, so no damage (right?), with the fire resistance from Hel's aura taking care of any left.
    Move: move 10' to G3 (15' from terrain)
    Standard: If both half-orcs are still in place, she'll use Steel Wind to attack at 9 for 14 damage against the first target and 17 for 7 damage against the second. If only one remains on her turn, she'll use Sapphire Nightmare Blade instead with a check of 23, making it 9 to hit the touch AC for 14+3=17 damage.


    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex; Attack1; Damage1; Attack2; Damage2; Concentration; Bonus Damage (1d20+4=13, 1d20+7=9, 2d6+6=16, 1d20+7=17, 2d6+6=9, 1d20+10=23, 1d6=3)
    Whoops; forgot to take out the bonus from Hel's Power aura; reduce the damage rolls by 2. I've already done so in the Actions section.


    Status:
    8/22hp
    Last edited by kamikasei; 2007-10-12 at 08:47 PM. Reason: adding hp

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Proven_Paradox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: War of the Burning Sky: The Scouring of Gate Pass

    Hesitating? No, Cyrick does not hesitate. As soon as he sees the other combatants descend the stairs, he steps forward, heedless of the flames. As he closes the gap, ((assuming they aren't dead yet)) he raises his blade high and strikes at one of the new arrivals, shouts, "On thy knees, knave!" Should they not yield, he will strike.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Going through the flaming debris from H4 to H3.
    Free: Speaking
    Standard: Crusader's Strike on any who are still standing.


    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crusader's Strike AR: (1d20+8=11)(Dammit!)
    Crusader's Strike DR: (1d8+4=7)(On the off chance that hits)
    Crusader's Strike Healing: (1d6+2=4)(See above, if Lyanne isn't healed completely it will go to her. If she is, it'll go to whoever needs it most.)
    Martial Spirit healing: 2 HP to whoever needs it most.


    Maneuvers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, the only one not yet granted is Stone Bones, so...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •