The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 48 of 48
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Quote Originally Posted by pwning doodes View Post
    OP is a Critical Role fan, I see

    I think Laura Bailey would be the perfect Haley. I listened to the Ash Ketchum recordings and I think OP's pick for Elan could work. I agree with Mark Hamill as Xykon. I think you can do much better for V though. I think their voice actor should do a very mellow voice that doesn't go up or down in pitch much. Tilda Swinton comes to mind. You could also go the route of a braggy know-it-all sort of thing, which is probably why so many people suggest Benedict Cumberbatch.

    I disagree with Liam as Roy. I think it should be someone with a much deeper voice, like Idris Elba or The Rock. I was even thinking James Earl Jones.

    Last note: someone mentioned Matt Smith as Belkar. I only knew him from Doctor Who, so my first thought was, "Are you crazy?" Then I decided to watch a clip of his from Terminator 5.

    Holy s***, Matt Smith could totally be Belkar. I fully support this.
    Mary Elizabeth McGlinn voiced Naoto Shirgane in the Persona 4 anime. To be fair though, it was hard finding a VA with a convincingly andrgynous voice, because Vís gender is meant to be ambiguous.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Quote Originally Posted by HamsterKun View Post
    - Liam OíBrien
    - Laura Bailey
    - Sarah Natochenny
    - Mary Elizabeth McGlinn
    - Christopher Sabat
    - Vic Mignogna

    What do you think about this casting?
    Much as I like Liam and Laura their voices aren't quite how I imagine most to sound. Personally I'd prefer Vaarsuvius to be voiced by a trans person but I think Mary could do them justice. And uh,I would prefer if Vic Mignogna never worked again but that's a whole other can o' piranhas

    Quote Originally Posted by pwning doodes View Post
    OP is a Critical Role fan, I see
    I disagree with Liam as Roy. I think it should be someone with a much deeper voice, like Idris Elba or The Rock. I was even thinking James Earl Jones.
    I always find it super weird when people come up with castings like this, like when people say he should be played by Samuel L. Jackson. It's not how I imagine Roy at all. James Earl Jones is 88 years old for crying out loud!! Roy is like 27!

    Now, James Earl Jones for Horace Greenhilt? Perhaps...
    Last edited by Goosefarble; 2019-08-11 at 09:43 PM.
    >>softly open our mouths in the cold

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2019

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Goosefarble View Post
    Much as I like Liam and Laura their voices aren't quite how I imagine most to sound. Personally I'd prefer Vaarsuvius to be voiced by a trans person but I think Mary could do them justice. And uh,I would prefer if Vic Mignogna never worked again but that's a whole other can o' piranhas



    I always find it super weird when people come up with castings like this, like when people say he should be played by Samuel L. Jackson. It's not how I imagine Roy at all. James Earl Jones is 88 years old for crying out loud!! Roy is like 27!

    Now, James Earl Jones for Horace Greenhilt? Perhaps...
    And in my point that James Earl Jonesí Voice is too epic I forget that heís too old :p. But yeah, Roy should sound young (and that is a priority over being black, because this is voice acting and that stuff is the norm), I very much like James Earl Jones making my current fancast (based mostly on others suggestions:
    Vin Diesel
    / Mark Hamill (canít decide which he should be)
    James Earl Jones

    My cast has none of the main characters? What are you talking about? This is clearly an acceptable amount of casting.

    On the Durkon thing mentioned awhile ago, as ridiculous as possible, it can be a Scottish person hightening their accent, or a non-Scottish person putting on an accent, but it shouldnít sound real.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    James Mathis III as Roy maybe?

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Wizard_Lizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The material plane (duh?)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Morgan Freeman as Thor...
    Current characters:
    Drakirr (Blue Dragonborn Warlock)
    Alyfyldyr Hyalythki (Rock Gnome Wizard)
    Harilidir (Half-elf Bard)
    Kazaharad Akaztkl (Goliath Barbarian)
    Luft (air-genasi druid)
    And of course Lizard Wizard (Lizardfolk Sorcerer)

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    Morgan Freeman as Thor...
    He is quite the godly actor, eh?
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Haley: Sophie Turner?
    V: SIr Patrick Stewart
    Roy: Idris Elba?
    Durkon: need a Scott, to not mess up the accent. I'm thinking Iain Glen.
    Elan: Billy West
    Belkar: Dan Castellaneta
    Thor: Johan Hegg. Only person in the world to be qualified for the role.
    Xykon: David Hayter.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Quote Originally Posted by D.One View Post
    Just watch a animated short film where Hamill is kidnaped by the Joker and the Trickster, and he escapes by making them to fight each other by mimicking their voices.
    I remember that. That was awesome.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Wizard_Lizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The material plane (duh?)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    He is quite the godly actor, eh?
    yes. In fact, morgan freeman shlud voice everyone...
    (put the above text in blue...)
    Current characters:
    Drakirr (Blue Dragonborn Warlock)
    Alyfyldyr Hyalythki (Rock Gnome Wizard)
    Harilidir (Half-elf Bard)
    Kazaharad Akaztkl (Goliath Barbarian)
    Luft (air-genasi druid)
    And of course Lizard Wizard (Lizardfolk Sorcerer)

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Thor should be Travis Willingham

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2019

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Spoiler: The rest of my list
    Show
    Vin Diesel
    / Mark Hamill (canít decide which he should be)
    James Earl Jones

    Iíve been looking around and I think that I have another cast member for my list:
    + A.J. LoCascio

    EDIT: and looking at this Iím thinking that Mark Hamill should be both Xykon and Tarquin, so my new total list is:
    Vin Diesel
    + Mark Hamill
    James Earl Jones
    + A.J. LoCascio
    Last edited by Schroeswald; 2019-09-05 at 01:57 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    yes. In fact, morgan freeman shlud voice everyone...
    Yeah definitely. We don't need actors anymore, just ramp up cloning tech and give us 500 Morgan Freemans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    (put the above text in blue...)
    Ah, you mean [COLOR="#0000CD"]like this?[/ COLOR] You can do that with the "A" button on the comment editor, on the right of the Size button and the left of the smiley one.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    A Michigan Far, Far Away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    Thanks to a live-action-movie variant on this thread idea from years back, Lord Shojo is now voiced in my head by George Takei.
    Pretty sure that was my fault. You're welcome.

    Karl Urban would make a great Durkon. Or a great Xykon. After his performance in The Boys, I've seen how he can play extremely sinister and friendly at the same time.

    Bradley Cooper is already accustomed to voicing short, angry, psychotic characters so why not

    Has anyone beat me in suggesting Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) as Haley?

    For that matter, I've always thought Jason Momoa was underrated... I can hear him as Roy.

    And Gwendoline Christie as V.

    Got to fit Samuel L Jackson in there somewhere. Probably as Eugene, since he does such a great job with any comedic material he's given and that role would give him so much scenery to chew.
    Last edited by Darth Paul; 2019-09-07 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Also, everything Darth Paul just said.
    I helped name a thread! MitD XII: This Space Intentionally Left Dark
    Charter Member and Head Ninja of Peelee's Lotsey Ninjas

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Wizard_Lizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The material plane (duh?)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    Yeah definitely. We don't need actors anymore, just ramp up cloning tech and give us 500 Morgan Freemans.


    Ah, you mean [COLOR="#0000CD"]like this?[/ COLOR] You can do that with the "A" button on the comment editor, on the right of the Size button and the left of the smiley one.
    can't find those buttons in my 3ds
    Current characters:
    Drakirr (Blue Dragonborn Warlock)
    Alyfyldyr Hyalythki (Rock Gnome Wizard)
    Harilidir (Half-elf Bard)
    Kazaharad Akaztkl (Goliath Barbarian)
    Luft (air-genasi druid)
    And of course Lizard Wizard (Lizardfolk Sorcerer)

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2019

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Paul View Post

    Bradley Cooper is already accustomed to voicing short, angry, psychotic characters so why not
    Yes.

    Has anyone beat me in suggesting Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) as Haley?
    Yup, a few posts back.

    Making my list:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Vin Diesel
    + Mark Hamill
    James Earl Jones
    + A.J. LoCascio
    Bradley Cooper

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    can't find those buttons in my 3ds
    I think that's your problem right there whoops.

    Is the 3ds treated like a mobile device by the server? Can it even actually get here?
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Definitely Somewhere

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    I love the idea of Kristen Schaal as Tsukiko, and Patton Oswalt as Blackwing.

    I would also like to mention a proposal from an older thread on this topic: Jack Black as Belkar.
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

    Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

    My Nexus character

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: OotS voice actor brainstorm

    I was going through this thread & listening to everybodies proposals for vaars voice, and while I was very iffy on most of them, mikel dever-o'neil as sent in by grey watcher REALLY nails it on the head in my opinion. just about exactly how I imagined, (a perfect mix of wise-old-aunt & foolish elf!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •