New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

I find Tweedle's reaction here one the last panel disturbing. It's the reaction of a person who sulfured long term abused.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I find Tweedle's reaction here one the last panel disturbing. It's the reaction of a person who sulfured long term abused.
    Keep in mind the family Martellus grew up in. Of COURSE he suffered long term abuse. They all did. That's why they almost all hate each other...

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Martellus as the voice of reason? How did that happen?
    My takeaway from this strip is that Gil and Tarvek are being typical sparks. By which they are getting monofocus blinders on -- 'here is a thing, and it has been tampered with. We must find a way to un-tamper it.' It takes an outsider (any outsider, in this case Martellus) to point out that out-of-box thinking is what is required in this situation. Not unlike in Oots when Haley needs to point out that con pullers try to make you think there are rules to be followed. I'm not sure why Martellus is the one to see this fact (he is a spark as well), but perhaps that means that it isn't a statement on Sparks, so much as people who have gotten too used to being on 'team Agatha' which of course Lucrezia-Agatha would be able to con.

4. - Top - End - #574

I think it's also that he's coming to the problem fresh, so to speak. Gil and Tarvek have been working on this for a while.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Martellus is also, I daresay, growing genre-savvy as well. Survival rate just went up a notch.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Bugbear in the Playground

Probably more a response to the fact that the other two punched him hard in the face the last time he was talking to them.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Keep in mind the family Martellus grew up in. Of COURSE he suffered long term abuse. They all did. That's why they almost all hate each other...
    ... and abuse each other. Yay for perpetual violence...
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    To be all pedantic, it's been stated twice in the comic that he's a Moldavian Puff.
    Ah, yes, I forgot...he's only British on his mother's side.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Martellus is also, I daresay, growing genre-savvy as well. Survival rate just went up a notch.
    Is this where Tweedle becomes sympathetic, we forget he's a murderer, and like Tarvek joins team "Good"? If Martellus was destined to remain evil instead of comic relief he would have prepared a defense against the attack from 2 foes he's tried to kill for so long instead of a cringe...
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    Is this where Tweedle becomes sympathetic, we forget he's a murderer, and like Tarvek joins team "Good"? If Martellus was destined to remain evil instead of comic relief he would have prepared a defense against the attack from 2 foes he's tried to kill for so long instead of a cringe...
    I foresee him becoming probably not "good" per se, but more on a tier of "useful minion". The kind which you tolerate because the alternatives are much worse and he's kinda useful sometimes and he probably prefers you to the alternative as well.

10. - Top - End - #580

As the Not-Brothers well know, Tweedle will be quite useful for anything involving keeping Agatha safe.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I don't see Tweedle becoming "good" per se, or even regarded as as such. But I do see him as being prepared to go up against The Other at any cost - he did say as as much to Agatha, and I don't think he was trying to impress her at the time.

That's what he is doing now. And I'm sure that the benefits of not having Lucrezia in Agatha's head really haven't entered his mind. At all.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

12. - Top - End - #582

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    More sympathetic? Perhaps. But I doubt he'd ever be "good." More of a necessary evil. He's basically won the storm crown, so now has no real need to capture Agatha anymore. And like Agatha and crew, he now has a vested interest in taking down the Other.

But for example, I wouldn't be surprised if Tweedle slipped an ace up his sleeve when he dosed Oggie with his special brew.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ohhh... with Albia gone, Agatha is no longer restrained. But who is in control of the body? Agatha because she wants to know what this Lucrezia is, or Lucrezia who doesn't want a copy of herself destroyed?

This oddly enough, looks like an Agatha expression.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Agatha may not want that Lu to be destroyed since she is even more useful to Albia than the copy in her head. And they don't have to build a transfer device. Just a wipe device.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

15. - Top - End - #585
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Oh, and Gil, Tarvek and Martellus are too busy looking at the machine to remember about Agatha? This sort of thing does tend to irritate me about Phil's writing, he too often has seriously smart people act like absolute morons in service of the plot.

16. - Top - End - #586

To be fair, it's implied in most sparks, the more they are in the madness place, the less common sense they have.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    To be fair, it's implied in most sparks, the more they are in the madness place, the less common sense they have.
    Infameous falling machine anyone?

18. - Top - End - #588

It's a work in process!

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Not some much lack of common sense but utter focus on what they are doing to the exclusion of everything else.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

The Foglios do sure love their weekend cliffhangers.

21. - Top - End - #591

Beholder

Not some much lack of common sense but utter focus on what they are doing to the exclusion of everything else.
    Yep. Plus in this case they're trusting in their allies to handle everything else while they get the machine completely rebuilt from scratch in a matter of minutes.

By the way, did anyone else notice Oggie's unusual toes? Three toes, two of which having two toe-nails. Almost like they were merged.

That's an interesting design. I wonder if that's normal or a result of Tweedle's potion.
    Last edited by xroads; 2019-10-04 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar

22. - Top - End - #592

Quote Originally Posted by xroads View Post
    Yep. Plus in this case they're trusting in their allies to handle everything else while they get the machine completely rebuilt from scratch in a matter of minutes.

By the way, did anyone else notice Oggies unusual toes? Three toes, two of which having two toe-nails. Almost like they were merged.

That's an interesting design. I wonder if that's normal or a result of Tweedle's potion.
    His feet have always been like that.

And yeah, if this is Lu and not Agatha.. sigh.. this is three times now they've let her wander around unsupervised.
    Last edited by geoduck; 2019-10-04 at 04:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #593

Beholder

His feet have always been like that.

And yeah, if this is Lu and not Agatha.. sigh.. this is three times now they've let her wander around unsupervised.
    Yeah. I'm surprised Violetta hasn't tranqed her yet. But then again, maybe all of the fighters and sneaky types are currently under the thrall of Lu's magic voice. With the Mad Boyz occupied with Science!, that leaves only Oggie to handle the Lu clones. At least til reinforcements arrive.
    Last edited by xroads; 2019-10-04 at 05:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by xroads View Post
    Yeah. I'm surprised Violetta hasn't tranqed her yet. But then again, maybe all of the fighters and sneaky types are currently under the thrall of Lu's magic voice. With the Mad Boyz occupied with Science!, that leaves only Oggie to handle the Lu clones. At least til reinforcements arrive.
    For control purposes they need to be wasped first. Unless they have been wasped off-screen we know that at the very least Violetta was never wasped (Agatha!Lucrezia was surprised to find that out), and the others have shown no signs of being wasped when commanded by Agatha!Lucrezia.

There is the general effect of someone with the spark, but that looks to be a Spark/Minion thing, and we have really only seen it in play in Mechanicsberg, which Carson explicitly described as a town of Minions directly built up around the Hetrodynes.

The random troops? Looks like they have been subverted by Albia.

Oggie? Well, I think Agatha!Lucrezia is going to try and play Agatha to fool him, and find out that like Dimo he has become a little smarter than the average Jager.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

25. - Top - End - #595

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    For control purposes they need to be wasped first. Unless they have been wasped off-screen we know that at the very least Violetta was never wasped (Agatha!Lucrezia was surprised to find that out), and the others have shown no signs of being wasped when commanded by Agatha!Lucrezia.

There is the general effect of someone with the spark, but that looks to be a Spark/Minion thing, and we have really only seen it in play in Mechanicsberg, which Carson explicitly described as a town of Minions directly built up around the Hetrodynes.

The random troops? Looks like they have been subverted by Albia.

Oggie? Well, I think Agatha!Lucrezia is going to try and play Agatha to fool him, and find out that like Dimo he has become a little smarter than the average Jager.
    I imagine xroads was referring to the scream that incapacitated Zeetha, not any waspings.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I imagine xroads was referring to the scream that incapacitated Zeetha, not any waspings.
    Fair 'nough.

27. - Top - End - #597

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Oh, and Gil, Tarvek and Martellus are too busy looking at the machine to remember about Agatha? This sort of thing does tend to irritate me about Phil's writing, he too often has seriously smart people act like absolute morons in service of the plot.
    I think someone brought that up when she was restrained by energy restraints. And I agree. They might be focused now but when albia restrained her someone should have done that.

28. - Top - End - #598

Please let this arc end with Agatha's brain fixed. Please let this arc end with Agatha's brain fixed.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

New page
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sigh... this could not possibly happen, if von Zinzer was around.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

When did she get un-tied up?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.