New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Also, if they've blown the dome it's difficult to see how Agatha and Co. could actually escape from that. My bet is that it's Bang arriving.
    Really? You don't see cultist/spark interference or malfunction causing one or more bombs to fail? So we get spend an RL year watching the water level slowly rise while they go from flooding chamber to flooding chamber? Someone inevitably sacrificing themselves to drowning to save them all? Another 3 months spent reviving that person?

I mean, I hope you're right, but I can see the tortuous escape from the flooding underwater dome plot writing itself....

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

What even is Violetta's face

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SodaQueen View Post
    What even is Violetta's face
    She must have done something to piss off Phil Foglio.
    Last edited by geoduck; 2019-07-26 at 11:31 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Cardew View Post
    Really? You don't see cultist/spark interference or malfunction causing one or more bombs to fail? So we get spend an RL year watching the water level slowly rise while they go from flooding chamber to flooding chamber?
    I would be incredibly disappointed if anything like that happened, because this dome is supposed to be deep, deep underwater. Water at the sort of pressures you get down there doesn't "slowly rise", it sprays in with enough force to slice people's limbs off...

5. - Top - End - #65

Also, it'll start high where the breech is and work its way down into all the other spaces. So anybody trying to escape is gonna have to make like a salmon swimming upstream.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

New theory: Girl Genius actually takes place in what timewise would be the late 1500s. The early days of the court in Gunnerkrigg Court take place in the 1800s, after a flurry of anti-Spark laws encourage them to go set up shop elsewhere, and the actual Gunnerkrigg Court comic takes place in modern times, after the Spark has become much milder and relics of the past like the robots are more common than actual Sparks.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I would be incredibly disappointed if anything like that happened, because this dome is supposed to be deep, deep underwater. Water at the sort of pressures you get down there doesn't "slowly rise", it sprays in with enough force to slice people's limbs off...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Also, it'll start high where the breech is and work its way down into all the other spaces. So anybody trying to escape is gonna have to make like a salmon swimming upstream.
    Oh yeah, big time. When you get deep enough, even a minor fracture causing a leak is more accurately described as a spontaneous water jet cutter.
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; 2019-07-28 at 10:55 AM.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Getting back to the discussion on politics, I have a whole new take on Jenka being a diplomat. It's pretty much the same job, just with better clothes and food at the parties. Also, people pretend to be glad to see you.

8. - Top - End - #68

BlackDragon

Is it just my imagination, or has the site been updating late recently? Still showing Friday's comic for me.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

They have been going up later at night I think. Like 3 or 3:30 EST.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, NOT Bang. Someone else and there is a good chance it's connected to the Other.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Err, Dimo?
    That's because not all birds can fly.
    Now go do your job General.

My tip: Don't think like a Jägermonster.
    Think like a group of them.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Wooster is terrified, but I think that Gil is going to recommend a promotion for him to Albia. After all, She is in England, safe, unharmed, and free, just like he insisted.

I'm actually a little surprised that Gil hasn't spoken with Agatha since being freed. He hasn't seen her in person for two and a half years except for about a second at the railroad depot before Klaus took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I'd go into Seffie but ehh I don't really want to do that right now.
    Neither does Gil.

BOOM!
    Last edited by Stabbey; 2019-07-29 at 08:56 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72

She does exemplify the Crazy Redhead motif, doesn't she?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

It's the Mechanicsburg Welcome Bridgade! Very nice, very legitimate. Remnants from the...uh..."people's revolution" some time ago who just want to "welcome" the Heterodyne. Because we need more loose plot threads, too many things are being resolved.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

14. - Top - End - #74

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbey View Post
    Wooster is terrified, but I think that Gil is going to recommend a promotion for him to Albia. After all, She is in England, safe, unharmed, and free, just like he insisted.
    Yeah, but Wooster didn't actually take her there as he was supposed to...

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Wooster panicked by Gil is great. I have to wonder if Gil isn't doing it intentionally at this point. I would also point out that we have never seen anything else phase Wooster. Top British Spy and all that. But Gil actually terrifies Wooster.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Wooster panicked by Gil is great. I have to wonder if Gil isn't doing it intentionally at this point. I would also point out that we have never seen anything else phase Wooster. Top British Spy and all that. But Gil actually terrifies Wooster.
    All it took was gil inflicting that moment of terror on wooster all the way back about just what he was willing to do if albia was stupid enough to try something against agatha and that marked him forever. He KNOWS how bad things will go if gil is pushed too far. He KNOWS Gil will say "dang the consequences, I will burn the land and boil the sea, you cant take, agatha from me." (Sorry, I was listening to the serenity song recently lol) I think a part of it was the shock factor of it all. Up till then gil was fairly harmless as far as sparky people go. He wasnt big on ranting, he wasnt hyper violent or angry. But then BOOM! Wooster found his trigger point and knows that to flick that switch is to doom england. Link
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To be absolutely fair to Wooster, after witnessing that rant everyone would reconsider involving Agatha in their plans wether it adressed them or not.
    Heck, it scares me and I'm on the safe-ish (I hope) side of the fourth wall.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    To be absolutely fair to Wooster, after witnessing that rant everyone would reconsider involving Agatha in their plans wether it adressed them or not.
    Heck, it scares me and I'm on the safe-ish (I hope) side of the fourth wall.
    What makes that rant so effective is that unlike the normal egomania and megalomania that most sparks show, Gil isn't just talking big. Gil doesn't think he can do what he ways, he *can* do what he says. He even has a weapon that can kill the Immortal Queens in his zappy stick. (Lu was using the same tech to kill them.) Gil is a living embodiment of Beware The Nice Ones.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean.
    The Revenant identifies Agatha as the Other thing?
    I figured that was because of her voice being so close to Lucy's.

21. - Top - End - #81

I'm not sure what you mean.
    The Revenant identifies Agatha as the Other thing?
    I figured that was because of her voice being so close to Lucy's.
    Barry accused the Baron of something.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

22. - Top - End - #82
    Halfling in the Playground

Err, Dimo?
    That's because not all birds can fly.
    Now go do your job General.

My tip: Don't think like a Jägermonster.
    Think like a group of them.
    I hope and think that Dimo will show us all a most majestic flying.
    After all, he seems one who thinks, much like General Khrizhan: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...8#.XT9j7XtS9hE
    Last edited by sherlock; 2019-07-29 at 04:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

It seems likely that Lu told the Boys that Klaus was the Other. He was the perfect fall guy for it. He was a very powerful spark and had been shipped off to Skif and couldn't defend himself. There's another, worse possibility, but I don't think the Profs would go there.

24. - Top - End - #84

Or the Boys just knew Klaus was involved with Lucrezia before and decided they were still together.

I mean, it's kind of simplistic for this comic, but sometimes simple works.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    All it took was gil inflicting that moment of terror on wooster all the way back about just what he was willing to do if albia was stupid enough to try something against agatha and that marked him forever. He KNOWS how bad things will go if gil is pushed too far. He KNOWS Gil will say "dang the consequences, I will burn the land and boil the sea, you cant take, agatha from me." (Sorry, I was listening to the serenity song recently lol) I think a part of it was the shock factor of it all. Up till then gil was fairly harmless as far as sparky people go. He wasnt big on ranting, he wasnt hyper violent or angry. But then BOOM! Wooster found his trigger point and knows that to flick that switch is to doom england. Link
    And what is actually even more terrifying is that through the whole rant Gil was fully in control. If he did not need to motivate Wooster, he could be fully composed. See this page before the speach where Gil asks, if Wooster fears him and says "I can work with that" after. Also the one after the rant itself shows he can turn the ham dial down at will. Gil and Klaus are people, who value efficiency and getting things done - their own glory is also just one of the means to an end. Fun or ego does not ever enter the equation. If they decide that England needs to be slaged, it will be done without rants, showoffs, sportsmanship or thrill of the hunt.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

26. - Top - End - #86

It seems likely that Lu told the Boys that Klaus was the Other. He was the perfect fall guy for it. He was a very powerful spark and had been shipped off to Skif and couldn't defend himself. There's another, worse possibility, but I don't think the Profs would go there.
    Or Barry somehow glimpsed a wasped future-Klaus obeying Lucrezia and assumed that what he was seeing was current events.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

I doubt that; klaus was not at all the perfect fall guy. Before he was an iron-fisted tyrant, Klaus was a hero just like the boys. Between him and Lucrezia, klaus was the one with the much more trustworthy reputation. Klaus had no history of villainy and thus the boys would give him the benefit of the doubt and not jump to any conclusions about him

Frankly i think that when the heterodyne castle was attacked, Lucrezia sent a wasped Wulfenbach from the future to do the dirty work. With no explanation for the attack, all the boys would see is that klaus not only returned after being missing but was part of an attack on their home and which cost the life of Bill's first son.

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    I doubt that; klaus was not at all the perfect fall guy. Before he was an iron-fisted tyrant, Klaus was a hero just like the boys. Between him and Lucrezia, klaus was the one with the much more trustworthy reputation. Klaus had no history of villainy and thus the boys would give him the benefit of the doubt and not jump to any conclusions about him

Frankly i think that when the heterodyne castle was attacked, Lucrezia sent a wasped Wulfenbach from the future to do the dirty work. With no explanation for the attack, all the boys would see is that klaus not only returned after being missing but was part of an attack on their home and which cost the life of Bill's first son.
    Could Klaus be attacking the castle right now, in a Terminator-like attempt to destroy Agatha?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

It's probably "Klaus is the Other" or "Klaus is controlled by/a puppet of the Other". I suspect time-travel is involved, because message eventually that turned out to be true, except that probably the one who delivered that message didn't know exactly WHEN Klaus became controlled by the Other, just that he did.

30. - Top - End - #90

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbey View Post
    It's probably "Klaus is the Other" or "Klaus is controlled by/a puppet of the Other". I suspect time-travel is involved, because message eventually that turned out to be true, except that probably the one who delivered that message didn't know exactly WHEN Klaus became controlled by the Other, just that he did.
    I wonder if that's the real reason Beetle was experimenting on Hive Engines - he wanted to save his old friend Klaus from The Other's control. That'd be a fun irony.