The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 716
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Tweedle is not a smart fighter. He's a dirty fighter, and pretty good at it as even Tarvek admits.
    When we see others such as Gil or Othar fight it is not obvious they are really smart rather than brute force just as Tweedle. We've seen more of Gil so we for example see him using a sword, but nothing says Tweedle doesn't have similar skills with weapons, he was able to make his claim as storm king based on being able to outfight rest of his family.
    Last edited by multilis; 2019-08-13 at 05:02 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground
     
    wingnutx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by gbs5009 View Post
    Maxim's nose is starting to bug me. When did it get so long?
    He definitely has a Jughead nose in this one.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by multilis View Post
    When we see others such as Gil or Othar fight it is not obvious they are really smart rather than brute force just as Tweedle. We've seen more of Gil so we for example see him using a sword, but nothing says Tweedle doesn't have similar skills with weapons, he was able to make his claim as storm king based on being able to outfight rest of his family.
    This is a great example of Gil fighting smart (and very fast).

    As for today's page, yeah I was wrong.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Well this makes me cautiously optimistic, if she is just going to fight it might end relatively cleanly, better than any ****ery with the process that might then take larger amounts of plot time to resolve.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    geoduck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    Well this makes me cautiously optimistic, if she is just going to fight it might end relatively cleanly, better than any ****ery with the process that might then take larger amounts of plot time to resolve.
    She did something to the machine, there's no way it ends with just a fight.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    I'm mostly disappointed that a room full of very smart people would not see this coming after Agatha specifically warned them it was a possibility.

    Then again, this is the same bunch of idiots that fired off an EM pulse without thinking that it would knock out Agatha's locket. So maybe this is just par for the course.

    Clearly they need to prioritize getting Von Zinzer out of the time stop so he can go back on full time "dope-slap" duty.

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    In all honesty this was NOT the plan they wanted. It's the extracting Lu and putting her in a container that slowed things up and allowed this to happen.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    All right, one last arc, one last bow from Mrs. Mongfish and she's leaving the show.

    ...right?
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; 2019-08-14 at 09:33 AM.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Oggie shows wisdom.

    And smart of Zeetha, making sure the rogue gets a flanking bonus and a chance for sneak attacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haley Starshine
    "Sneak attack, Bitch!!"

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Oggie shows wisdom.

    And smart of Zeetha, making sure the rogue gets a flanking bonus and a chance for sneak attacks.
    Well thats just common sense really. She martellus and gil are very much so front line fighters. Going head to head and stabbing/punching things till they stop fighting. Smoke knights are made of tissue paper in comparison. This isnt even the first time zeetha and violetta have fought lucrezia!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Well thats just common sense really. She martellus and gil are very much so front line fighters. Going head to head and stabbing/punching things till they stop fighting. Smoke knights are made of tissue paper in comparison. This isnt even the first time zeetha and violetta have fought lucrezia!
    Speaking of which, do you guys think they have any cake...cup? Cupcakes?
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; 2019-08-14 at 05:24 PM.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    In England? heaven forbid!

    There are biscuits, or there are scones. Anything else is treason.

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    geoduck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    In England? heaven forbid!

    There are biscuits, or there are scones. Anything else is treason.
    Crumpets are also acceptable.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    ...

    Point.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere...

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Probability this is Lu taking over: 99.9%

    Possibility this is Agatha pretending to be Lu because she's seen something that makes her think acting like Lu and disabling everyone will draw a hidden mastermind out of the woodwork where she can deal with him/her: .1%. And I think this only because Lu isn't a good hand to hand combatant, and yet Trelawney got disabled by a kick before she, who IS supposed to be a good HtH fighter, could stop her.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    geoduck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Probability this is Lu taking over: 99.9%

    Possibility this is Agatha pretending to be Lu because she's seen something that makes her think acting like Lu and disabling everyone will draw a hidden mastermind out of the woodwork where she can deal with him/her: .1%. And I think this only because Lu isn't a good hand to hand combatant, and yet Trelawney got disabled by a kick before she, who IS supposed to be a good HtH fighter, could stop her.
    A more likely twist is that Tarvek let this happen deliberately to lure Lu fully into the open for some reason, maybe to make the extraction/bottling process go better. But I'm not terribly hopeful. It appears that all of Our Heroes just decided to shed about 20 IQ points.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    A more likely twist is that Tarvek let this happen deliberately to lure Lu fully into the open for some reason, maybe to make the extraction/bottling process go better. But I'm not terribly hopeful. It appears that all of Our Heroes just decided to shed about 20 IQ points.
    Given that they all seem to have IQs of 150 or so with the Spark in effect, that's actually a vague possibility...though the probably just didn't think Lucrezia was that close to breaking free (they probably didn't account for her doing a last minute break out with the whole "last resort power" trope in effect).
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Probability this is Lu taking over: 99.9%

    Possibility this is Agatha pretending to be Lu because she's seen something that makes her think acting like Lu and disabling everyone will draw a hidden mastermind out of the woodwork where she can deal with him/her: .1%. And I think this only because Lu isn't a good hand to hand combatant, and yet Trelawney got disabled by a kick before she, who IS supposed to be a good HtH fighter, could stop her.
    If I'm remembering the scene below the castle, Lu is an excellent HtH combatant - Violetta was only able to stall her because she was equally skilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    If I'm remembering the scene below the castle, Lu is an excellent HtH combatant - Violetta was only able to stall her because she was equally skilled.
    Yep. She is a skilled and tricky fighter, even if its likely more along the lines of smoke knight style deceptive combat. On the other hand, agatha has been trained in fist in face style combat from zeetha so physically she is probably a hybrid of the two with Lu in charge.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    If I'm remembering the scene below the castle, Lu is an excellent HtH combatant - Violetta was only able to stall her because she was equally skilled.
    No, Lu is a poor fighter. Agatha's body was hyped up on the post revivification effects and could shrug off stuff that would normally put her down for the count. To maybe knock her out Zeetha would have had to inflict lethal damage. Agatha is not in such a state this time.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    No, Lu is a poor fighter. Agatha's body was hyped up on the post revivification effects and could shrug off stuff that would normally put her down for the count. To maybe knock her out Zeetha would have had to inflict lethal damage. Agatha is not in such a state this time.
    She's quite the tactician, but once you get past the trickery and beguiling she's not that good with nothing but her fists and rapier wit.

    Honestly the best she can do in this situation is threaten to kill Agatha and walk out, though since she seems to have Agatha's mini-Death Ray she could actually be a threat.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    Honestly the best she can do in this situation is threaten to kill Agatha and walk out, though since she seems to have Agatha's mini-Death Ray she could actually be a threat.
    The mountain killer?
    I think using that thing underwater might be potentially... unwise.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

    Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")



  23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Divayth Fyr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    It certainly isn't the death ray she built in the Castle.

    And the threat of killing Agatha isn't much of a threat, since she'd put herself (at least this copy) out of comission. And Lucrezia was shown to be too much of a coward to face death (back when vonPinn strangled her).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    The mountain killer?
    I think using that thing underwater might be potentially... unwise.
    No, her standard one I think.

    This one. She's made a couple revisions since, I'd imagine this is the latest model.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    A more likely twist is that Tarvek let this happen deliberately to lure Lu fully into the open for some reason, maybe to make the extraction/bottling process go better. But I'm not terribly hopeful. It appears that all of Our Heroes just decided to shed about 20 IQ points.
    It worked with Baron overlay in Gil's brain, so maybe it is this.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    geoduck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    Given that they all seem to have IQs of 150 or so with the Spark in effect, that's actually a vague possibility...though the probably just didn't think Lucrezia was that close to breaking free (they probably didn't account for her doing a last minute break out with the whole "last resort power" trope in effect).
    That's what's so bleeping annoying about this. They did account for it the first time they tried to do the procedure: the moment Lucrezia started openly influencing Agatha's actions, Tarvek ordered her strapped to a chair. This time around, he lets her have free access to the machine, and evidently doesn't bother to warn Trelawney what to watch for.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    No, her standard one I think.

    This one. She's made a couple revisions since, I'd imagine this is the latest model.
    So, it's at least a moon-killer by now?
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

    Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")



  28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    That's what's so bleeping annoying about this. They did account for it the first time they tried to do the procedure: the moment Lucrezia started openly influencing Agatha's actions, Tarvek ordered her strapped to a chair. This time around, he lets her have free access to the machine, and evidently doesn't bother to warn Trelawney what to watch for.
    Too be fair, he's also now worrying about whoever's invading the dome and having to keep an eye out for anything Tweedle's trying to pull.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Too be fair, he's also now worrying about whoever's invading the dome and having to keep an eye out for anything Tweedle's trying to pull.
    True: It's hectic, crunch time, and Tarvek is too busy focusing on the machine to do much else. He did not expect such a setback as "rework the tiny bit that will take forever to set up, WHILE SOMEONE IS GUNNING DOWN THE DOOR dock".

    Also, having Agatha helping out might be seen as being needed to finish before whoever is shooting breaks through. The chances of Lucrezia breaking out were there, but if Agatha did help then it would be great. They seem like they can reasonably easily subdue her...
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

    Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    True: It's hectic, crunch time, and Tarvek is too busy focusing on the machine to do much else. He did not expect such a setback as "rework the tiny bit that will take forever to set up, WHILE SOMEONE IS GUNNING DOWN THE DOOR dock".
    Not to be too hard on Tarvek but, honestly, he SHOULD have been expecting it by now. He's been hanging out with Agatha for how long?

    On the bright side, I'm pretty sure Lucrezia has to go. She's showing too much ability to get around Agatha's defenses. After this, she's either gone or Agatha will be under her control again and off rampaging through Europe.

    The people breaking in might steal Lu's downloaded brain or stick her in someone else, but the maternal possession thing should be resolved (although Lucrezia might try to get back inside, but that's a different problem).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •