The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Masks - A New Generation

I apologise. I've been having trouble getting posts together for this game for some reason. I should get one together tonight.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah sorry for the trouble with posting again its an introductory thing after this the more personal style game will start.

Also Captain Jak I don't know if Sunny will be in the game or not due to inactivity so probably best not to refer to the character for the time being she isn't in the team at the moment and if she does come back she will likely join the team when she does as the setting is quite accommodating to new characters.

Edit: To confirm the flyers did not mention super heroics
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2019-09-11 at 03:05 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

With the loss of Commissar, and Irrelephant's continued silence, it appears that our player base has dropped significantly. We haven't really discussed it either, whether we are bringing in new blood, or attempting to keep going, however, Gravitas' relationships were pretty tied up with Orb Weaver, on multiple levels, so that loss guts alot of growth and potential I had for the character.

As such until we discuss our plan for going forward I am less than enthusiastic about our chances, and particularly about Gravitas himself.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I see the position with Gravitas I'll keep it on hold for the time being while we get others to way in on the situation and where to go from here as I don't particularly know what to do either.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Orb Weaver was Kaiju Eater's most significant relationship too. We should probably get replacement player(s) if just to have someone take Orb Weaver's position in their relationships. (I'm suggesting outright ret-conning whoever our replacement would be into those relationships with whatever minor adjustments are needed.)

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

As an update I plan on recruiting a couple of other replacement players if everyone is still keen to move forward

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly, if we're stopping the game to re-recruit, I'm probably going to bow out now. I don't particularly want to wait another few weeks to get started again, and frankly I have no confidence that doing so would help the problem at all.

... And considering we have two people who feel that continuing as-is also happens to be a bad idea, I think this might be the point I bow out regardless. If I'm honest, I barely even remember who my character was supposed to be at this point, which is probably why I'm having so much trouble writing posts. I don't think I could keep playing him through re-recruitment and retconned group dynamics. If anything, I think I only kept at it because I hate leaving games like this, but I'm pretty sure by this point I've long since lost the spark that made me want to play this character in the first place. So apologies, and best of luck. I'd be happy to play with you guys again in the future.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah thats fair Daedalus and I think its because I have a large lack in experience with both Masks, GMing and rpgs in general. I will likely cancel this one sorry to all who wanted to play but at the current time I don't believe I am experienced enough to effectively GM.

If anyone wants to know what I had planned for their character feel free to message me I put a decent deal of thought into most characters but I don't feel I am effective enough as a GM to deliver it in this format
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2019-09-12 at 03:10 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

I just want to be very clear about this. I don't believe you did anything wrong Jumbus. You just got unlucky to have someone vanish (which is like a 90% chance with people new to the forum in my experience) and have two players struggle/lose interest in their own characters. This was not a problem with you. It was a problem with other people and poor luck.

Personally I still think this game is salvageable if the other players are still interested. We're not very far in and due to said players vanishing and losing interest in their characters we haven't really had a tone of super meaningful interaction with them. So we can easily retcon other people into the gaps they left.

The sad truth is on this forum, eventually most people will drop out of a game and the only way to keep one going is to be able to adapt when you have to replace them.