New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default How to post pictures

Could someone tell me how to included images on post

Spoiler: test to see if i can figure it out
    Show

Last edited by sleepyhead; 2019-07-22 at 08:43 PM.
    My limited homebrew experience
    oh hey didn't see you there

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: How to post pictures

If you are on a desktop browser sample tools are there. On the line that has B, I, U, well the 14th button is the Image Button that then pops up an insert image dialogue and you can then type in the image url which will then do the formating.

Or you can just know the html that this site uses which is

[ IMG ] URL of the Image here [ /IMG ]

But with no spaces between the brackets. Knowing the html that this site uses is helpful if you are using a mobile web browser that most cell phones and tablets use.

Edit: Note the IMG has to end with the appropriate tag like jpeg or png and thus some images with almost infinite long URLs and no tag at the end will not work. You need to search for another copy of the image by right clicking the image and search google for this image and find a different source.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-07-22 at 08:40 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

In order to link an image, you would need to first ensure that the url ends in an applicable filetype (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif) as mentioned in the "insert image" button. It must also be from a place that permits hotlinking (many places do not - that's why you will see many black boxes in avatars, as imgur has blocked hotlinking originating from this site).

You there are trying to directly link a google search result, which is not a valid image link.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

thanks for help
    My limited homebrew experience
    oh hey didn't see you there

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Also - keep in mind the forum rules on pictures:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1

Posting Oversized Images
    Giant pictures that stretch the screen are a bane to people trying to read the boards. Please link to files larger than 400pixels wide, or 500kb, rather than coding them into the post. You may also post images that exceed the width limit under a Spoiler tag along with a note that it is a large image. Please note that images under spoilers still load every time someone views the thread, so large file sizes are still a concern.

Please refer to the Avatar and Signature rules below for more information on images in these areas.

Posting Copyrighted Content
    Posting any copyrighted material without permission of the copyright holder is against the rules. Likewise, please do not link to copyrighted material being hosted elsewhere without the rights-holder's permission.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele