New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151

Default Re: My Little Pony C: Friendship Carries On

Only that they're trying to keep it under wraps until the season ends. Someone who pays more attention to rumors could probably tell you something more, but that's all that comes from the horse's mouth.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

I've been watching some of the older lets plays on the TFS gaming channel and Lanipator's in-character playthrough of the original dead space brought a thought to mind:

Who was the idiot who designed a space station so that the only way to get to the room where you manually control the canon that shoots away space debris is to go on an untethered space walk? I mean, I get it, ideally you'd never have to take manual control of the canon, but if the automated system is down and there's enough debris that you can't wait for the system to be brought back online(as happened in the game) it seems like having people go out into space unprotected when hull damaging rocks are regularly impacting the station is a good way to lose personnel.

I can't think of any reason why there wasn't a hallway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I've been watching some of the older lets plays on the TFS gaming channel and Lanipator's in-character playthrough of the original dead space brought a thought to mind:

Who was the idiot who designed a space station so that the only way to get to the room where you manually control the canon that shoots away space debris is to go on an untethered space walk? I mean, I get it, ideally you'd never have to take manual control of the canon, but if the automated system is down and there's enough debris that you can't wait for the system to be brought back online(as happened in the game) it seems like having people go out into space unprotected when hull damaging rocks are regularly impacting the station is a good way to lose personnel.

I can't think of any reason why there wasn't a hallway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I got your point.
    But, let's not forget Elevator doors that crushes Necromorphs, fast moving pistons, and exposed deadly components.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

4. - Top - End - #154
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    But, let's not forget Elevator doors that crushes Necromorphs, fast moving pistons, and exposed deadly components.
    Reminds me of the scene in Galaxy Quest with the crushing pistons.

Gwen: "What is this thing? I mean, it serves no useful purpose for there to be a bunch of chompy, crushy things in the middle of a hallway. No, I mean we shouldn't have to do this, it makes no logical sense, why is it here?"
    Jason: "'Cause it's on the television show."
    Gwen: "Well forget it! I'm not doing it! This episode was badly written!"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Reminds me of the scene in Galaxy Quest with the crushing pistons.

Gwen: "What is this thing? I mean, it serves no useful purpose for there to be a bunch of chompy, crushy things in the middle of a hallway. No, I mean we shouldn't have to do this, it makes no logical sense, why is it here?"
    Jason: "'Cause it's on the television show."
    Gwen: "Well forget it! I'm not doing it! This episode was badly written!"
    The same logic applies to 90% of D&D dungeons. Why is there a beholder in a room with no way in or out other than the one door? How long has it been there? How is it still alive with no food or drink?

The same thing goes for kobolds stuck in trap areas.

One of the best dungeons that I cam across in a module had undead and constructs like golems. They were set to do certain tasks in a household of an ancient empire. Over the ages, their magic started failing. Therefore, instead of being butlers trying to greet visitors, they attacked the players in strange ways.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Commodore..if you feel the need to blow up the earth and end us all i no longer have any objection whatsoever

reason? our local walmarts have already turned the garden centers into the Xmas centers
    ALL the xmas stuff is already out
    THREE FULL months before xmas
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Commodore..if you feel the need to blow up the earth and end us all i no longer have any objection whatsoever

reason? our local walmarts have already turned the garden centers into the Xmas centers
    ALL the xmas stuff is already out
    THREE FULL months before xmas
    Ah!!! You're late!!!!!

We have Christmas Stores that NEVER CLOSE!!!!!!!!

Excuse me a minute... I need to do some stocktaking in the cider store...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: S9 E22
    Show
    I feel like there should have been more references to Big in this episode.

Anyway, this was a decent episode, but not a great one. It was interesting to see the adult versions of the crusaders, the setup was believable, and I think the moral was fairly decent. The main problem I had with the episode was that it felt at times as though the crusaders had had an idiot ball glued to them. I get that they're still young and more than capable of screwing up, but at several points it felt like we were watching versions of the crusaders from a much earlier season which was somewhat jarring. Also, why wasn't Pinkie Pie the first pony outside of their sisters that the crusaders asked? Chaperoning them to the fair seems like something that would have been right up her alley.

Overall, I'd probably give this episode a B-. It might have been higher, but it laid on the "crusaders are still too young" element a little too thick.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159

Spoiler: S9 Ep22
    Show
    Okay, so... is there any cute critters in Equestria that AREN'T capable of murdering people? The Dorothy cameo was funny though.

It was an alright episode. The CMC kinda acted a bit more dim-witted then I expected this late in the series, but dang, Adult Sweetie Belle though? She's gonna be a heart-breaker across equestria. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Pie View Post
    The same logic applies to 90% of D&D dungeons.
    Yeah, it really does.

A friend of mine ran a Toon game where the reason behind all the weirdly placed traps and monsters was because it was a museum. "The Museum of Curiosities and Acute Right-Angled Rooms."

Wait, hold up! I object because Earth is where I'm currently storing all my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Show
    I feel like there should have been more references to Big in this episode.

Anyway, this was a decent episode, but not a great one. It was interesting to see the adult versions of the crusaders, the setup was believable, and I think the moral was fairly decent. The main problem I had with the episode was that it felt at times as though the crusaders had had an idiot ball glued to them. I get that they're still young and more than capable of screwing up, but at several points it felt like we were watching versions of the crusaders from a much earlier season which was somewhat jarring. Also, why wasn't Pinkie Pie the first pony outside of their sisters that the crusaders asked? Chaperoning them to the fair seems like something that would have been right up her alley.

Overall, I'd probably give this episode a B-. It might have been higher, but it laid on the "crusaders are still too young" element a little too thick.
    Show
    I too wonder why Pinkie was left out of the asking phase. I mean, technically an adult and all about fun fairs and parties...

Something I noticed about a lot of this seasons episodes--they feel like stories that would be better off in the early seasons.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    I too wonder why Pinkie was left out of the asking phase. I mean, technically an adult and all about fun fairs and parties...

Something I noticed about a lot of this seasons episodes--they feel like stories that would be better off in the early seasons.
    Spoiler: This Season
    Show
    I've heard a rumor that, if true, would actually explain the issue. Supposedly, most of the current writing staff don't actually watch the series, so you're getting a lot of ideas thrown around that either have already been done or run counter to character development that's occurred in previous episodes.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

well this has been a day

0115 this morning i am just ending my 1st 15 minute break and about to head back upstairs to continue work when the hospital wide P.A. comes on and says for me to call the main desk
    the guy there says "hate to be bearer of bad news but a neighbor just called and said your mom's house is on fire"
    get hold of my supervisor..he says "bye"..i jump in my car and what would normally take me 31-32 minutes i do in 14
    pull up the road and see 7-8 engines completely blocking the road
    fire was out but they are clearing hotspots/cooling the structure/outgassing it
    3 1/2 hours later they finally were satisfied enough we could go in for 1st look around

mom/her boyfriend are OK..2/3 dogs and one kitty did not make it out(other dog was outside at time but ran away..came back about 0600 after all the flashing red lights had left)
    house is total loss though the garage was untouched since there was solid brick wall on that side with no direct passage from house to garage
    couldn't really do much until the insurance people came and saw (got the gun safe out and over to my place..emptied the freezer in the garage to same..etc)

fun fun fun
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

well this has been a day

0115 this morning i am just ending my 1st 15 minute break and about to head back upstairs to continue work when the hospital wide P.A. comes on and says for me to call the main desk
    the guy there says "hate to be bearer of bad news but a neighbor just called and said your mom's house is on fire"
    get hold of my supervisor..he says "bye"..i jump in my car and what would normally take me 31-32 minutes i do in 14
    3 1/2 hours later they finally were satisfied enough we could go in for 1st look around

mom/her boyfriend are OK..2/3 dogs and one kitty did not make it out(other dog was outside at time but ran away..came back about 0600 after all the flashing red lights had left)
    house is total loss though the garage was untouched since there was solid brick wall on that side with no direct passage from house to garage
    couldn't really do much until the insurance people came and saw (got the gun safe out and over to my place..emptied the freezer in the garage to same..etc)

fun fun fun
    Damn, man that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

well this has been a day

fun fun fun
    Dang, that is a really rough run. Stay safe mate

14. - Top - End - #164

well this has been a day
    Wow, that is... a really bad day. Condolences about the loss of the furry family members. :(
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

well this has been a day

fun fun fun
    Yeah, that's... Got to rank not quite at the top, but very almost as high on the worst-case scenario I can think of. I can't really think of anything to say to that other than giving my sympathies.

Incidently, if anyone wonders why I've been quiet thus week (andm for example, not responded to your previous post otakuryoga, it's simply that, with ponythread being so quiet itself, I'm much more hesitant than I used to to blither because double-posts or stuff, but the larger contriubtion this week is more that I have probably put something over thirty hours and likely closer to forty than not, doing 3.A class revisions/rules updates and I've been finishing so late i've not had much thinking ability left. (Today I'm near-forcing myself to Play A Thing rather than do evern more, since I literally have done nothing but do work and then do that since last Monday (wargames was cancelled, so not even that).) Still a looong way to go, even. So I've not even had chance to watch New Pony Yet.

(I have actually even done up the Midnight dreadnought - plus the A and D versions - to the new standard, but with everything else (varius technical issues, including (3D) printer ones hav been contributing), I've just not had chance to post it up or anything yet.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-09-29 at 09:56 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, that really sucks. I wish them and you strength for the home rebuilding process, otakuryoga.

17. - Top - End - #167

Spoiler: This Season
    Show
    I've heard a rumor that, if true, would actually explain the issue. Supposedly, most of the current writing staff don't actually watch the series, so you're getting a lot of ideas thrown around that either have already been done or run counter to character development that's occurred in previous episodes.
    Spoiler: Season 9 rumor
    Show
    That would make sense, and we do know that much of the writing staff has changed members in recent seasons. I would say the new writers should go watch, but that's a lot of episodes to get through so.... can't blame them a lot here.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Pony merch stuff. Have you ever seen a cheap Applejack figurine that has a hat? There is one now, a 4 inch figurine sold in McDonalds with their children's menu. See picture of it and the full set of figurines available, containing all of the Mane Six.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Still slavin' away... Got the Wilder (re-done) and the Ardent copied up (Ardent probably needs a bit of tweaking, but that'll require sorting all the Mantles, to that can wait for a bit), plus worked out a resonable capstone for warlock with the help of the boards...

Spoiler: s9e22
    Show
    Arr, now that were more like it!

Cracking episode! CMC-related disaster, always fun!

Best song of the season (because the CMC songs are always pretty much the best).

Loved seeing the adult CMC, that's fanfic fodder for years, ain't it! (Noting Scoots still had tiny wings, guess she really won't fly with 'em...)

Y'know, girls, you probably should have asked Pinkie, she'd have probably taken you like a shot!

Also, clearly both Twilight and Fluttershy have been learning from the masters of the sardonic look (i.e. AJ and Spike).

As what is probably the last ride of the CMC, it was a good one to finish with!

And, while I'm here, the Midnight class Dreadnought, with the Midnight A Dreadcarrier and Midnight D Drain Cannon Dreadnought.

Spoiler
    Show

Edit: Back through thread...

Show
    Also, why wasn't Pinkie Pie the first pony outside of their sisters that the crusaders asked? Chaperoning them to the fair seems like something that would have been right up her alley.
    I know, right?

Spoiler: Season 9 rumor
    Show
    That would make sense, and we do know that much of the writing staff has changed members in recent seasons. I would say the new writers should go watch, but that's a lot of episodes to get through so.... can't blame them a lot here.
    I can. Do your damned research, there's no excuse in this day and age!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-09-30 at 08:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    And, while I'm here, the Midnight class Dreadnought, with the Midnight A Dreadcarrier and Midnight D Drain Cannon Dreadnought.

Spoiler
    Show

Well, reminds me of warships from 40k.
    Speaking of which, guys,
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-1/
    I would call it a bad news since Marvel doesn't have experience with 40k Lore except Abnett, who would be busy with DC and upcoming Marvel event that might be mediocre version of awesome Annihilation Wave.
    Spoiler: Inhumans and Tau ponies for topic, message brought to you by a Water-Caste ambassador
    Show

Inhumans, self-righteous and oppressive, which Marvel had the gall to call them good guys despite keeping slaves.

In contrast, the noble Tau Empire with benign treatment of non-Taus and a caste system that has more social mobility.
    Last edited by t209; 2019-09-30 at 11:06 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I can. Do your damned research, there's no excuse in this day and age!
    I largely tend to agree. Admittedly, expecting new writers brought in during the latter seasons to binge watch the entire series might be a bit much, but you can find recaps for all the episodes online that would provide the same information much faster. Beyond that, I also blame the director for not keeping things straight and not maintaining proper character bibles with all of this information which is supposed to be part of their job.

My Homebrew

Show

22. - Top - End - #172

I largely tend to agree. Admittedly, expecting new writers brought in during the latter seasons to binge watch the entire series might be a bit much, but you can find recaps for all the episodes online that would provide the same information much faster. Beyond that, I also blame the director for not keeping things straight and not maintaining proper character bibles with all of this information which is supposed to be part of their job.
    I'd be wary about researching the show online as unofficial channels could have info not sanctioned by Hasbro.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #173

Question fo the thread: Let's say, hypothetically, that you are a person in a position of authority. You give a nominal subordinate, really more of an independent group that you share resources with, an order not to do something on the ground that it is very risky.

They, however, go ahead and do it later. Nothing went wrong, but it could have, but in disobeying your order they saved a lot of lives. Thousands of lives.

Neither you nor they knew that would happen at the time. Both operating on the same incomplete information, you had a hunch and they had a different hunch. In hindsight, your hunch was objectively wrong and their's was objectively right.

Do you punish them for disobeying an order that may in fact have been outside of your authority to give(by denying them future access to your resources), or do you reward them for saving lives?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Question fo the thread: Let's say, hypothetically, that you are a person in a position of authority. You give a nominal subordinate, really more of an independent group that you share resources with, an order not to do something on the ground that it is very risky.

They, however, go ahead and do it later. Nothing went wrong, but it could have, but in disobeying your order they saved a lot of lives. Thousands of lives.

Neither you nor they knew that would happen at the time. Both operating on the same incomplete information, you had a hunch and they had a different hunch. In hindsight, your hunch was objectively wrong and their's was objectively right.

Do you punish them for disobeying an order that may in fact have been outside of your authority to give(by denying them future access to your resources), or do you reward them for saving lives?
    Maxim 43: If it's stupid and it works, it's still stupid and you're lucky.

The question hinges on the extent of your "authority". If you are intended to be "in command", they have proven themselves unreliable and should not be trusted with further responsibility. There's a delicate balance between lower levels having autonomy to problem solve and react to new information, but also maintaining the chain of command so that they don't screw up other operations they don't know anything about. Sometimes the plan is for X to draw enemy fire so Y and Z can get to safety. If X decides he'd rather stay behind cover the enemy picks off Y and Z instead while they're in the open. This time it worked; next time it might not.

Ultimately it comes down to "do you still trust them to not leave you hanging while they chase a 'better idea'?"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

I think I need more details how much in command you are over the independent group. If you are supposed to be in command, as in you give them an order you have the expectation that they will do exactly that, then yes, I'd be more inclined to punish them. If it's more like an alliance, and I am more of a senior partner than a commander then I'd likely let it drop.

Also, in either case, a lot of the reaction would come down to the debriefing. Why was their hunch right? How close of a situation was it? Like, did the independent group get ridiculously lucky, or were they simply looking at the information in a different way that clued them in.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I think I need more details how much in command you are over the independent group. If you are supposed to be in command, as in you give them an order you have the expectation that they will do exactly that, then yes, I'd be more inclined to punish them. If it's more like an alliance, and I am more of a senior partner than a commander then I'd likely let it drop.

Also, in either case, a lot of the reactions would come down to the debriefing. Why was their hunch right? How close of a situation was it? Like, did the independent group get ridiculously lucky, or were they simply looking at the information in a different way that clued them in.
    The closest equivalent is that you're the police and they're a private security firm that the city contracted out to for support. Most of the time you're doing your own individual things, but you share resources and work together on very big things.

On paper, you're giving them more than they're giving you, but in practice, they've been consistently saving your ass so alienating them would be shooting yourself in the foot.

The order was given in an informal matter and may not have, in fact, had any validity.

Neither of you knew doing the thing you said not to do would save lives, but it did.

Risks were taken, but it seems no permanent harm was done.

Do you acknowledge that you made a bad call and reward the life saving or do you punish the nominal disobedience?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

The closest equivalent is that you're the police and they're a private security firm that the city contracted out to for support. Most of the time you're doing your own individual things, but you share resources and work together on very big things.

On paper, you're giving them more than they're giving you, but in practice, they've been consistently saving your ass so alienating them would be shooting yourself in the foot.

The order was given in an informal matter and may not have, in fact, had any validity.

Neither of you knew doing the thing you said not to do would save lives, but it did.

Risks were taken, but it seems no permanent harm was done.

Do you acknowledge that you made a bad call and reward the life saving or do you punish the nominal disobedience?
    Then certainly no punishment would be given out. Maybe a lecture depending on the risks.

And sure, likely a reward to boot.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #178

In the described circumstances, there is nothing you can do to discipline them. They are not under your command and as such you do not have authority over them for anything. Note that this is a violation of the principle of Unity of Command. Also, history teaches us that having a group (especially an armed group) around who doesn't answer to the local authorities is just short of guaranteed to explode in your face (hence the above principle).

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Progress steadily being made... Working on buffing lurk (thread in 3e boards if anyone want to have a nosey), have all but UT Marksman and Society Mind actually writtem up (and latter will probably be mostly transformed intpo PF Tactician, I think).

Darn crusaders need a capstone, dang it, and there's still passes to be made over such (Ardent/Divine Mind), but I'mma winnin' slowly.

Written up so much stuff, though; started on Lurk last night, ended up making the largest mechanical change (fold open lock into Disable Device; when even the Rules Compendium squeezed it into a tiny corner of disable device, I could no longer den PF was right). And then spent ages tweaking perception/search and traps/trapfinding/trap spotter into cohesive rules (and then did the same to search/survival/track/trailspotter) and allowing characters other than trapfinders/track to do those things and such... Was trying to avodi making this into a near-complete mid-edition overhaul, but that's what it's going to be by the end of this.

At some point, I might even get to finish sorting the PF Soulblade, which was what prompted all this.

Ah, well, come Friday I'm off down to London for a long weekend (and by London, I mean exclusively Kew, Natural History and Imperial War museums)...

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: New Episode
    Show
    Decent episode. Cute moment at the end, but the middle was rather predictable. Apparently Lyra and Bon-Bon were proposing to eachother in the background somewhere, but I must've missed it. Can't believe there's only a week left...