New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Champions Of Eldeņor Against The Cult Of Nerull, 20XX [IC]

Excuse sir, what seems to be the problem? Olivia pipes up concerned about the security guard approaching her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #32

"Oh, nothing major," he says in a friendly tone. "But you gotta admit-couple of people standing around with big duffel bags PLUS their backpacks and everything else... Just a little odd. Mind telling me what you're carrying? School project or something?"
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Darion moves so he blocks the security guard's view of his warhammer. He says, "Hey, we're just doing some cosplay, and I took the chance to make my armor myself. I'm studying to become a blacksmith."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Persuasion - (1d20+3)[10]
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!

4. - Top - End - #34

He cocks his head to the side. "The heck is 'cosplay'?" he asks.

When you explain that it's basically just dressing up in costumes for conventions and stuff, he shakes his head. "Halloween's nowhere near. Kids these days... Well, hope you enjoy it, even if I don't get it. Have a nice day," he says, and starts off back towards his patrol.

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Darion lets out a breath that he had been holding. He then turns to the others and says, "I think we should at least hide our weapons until we think we might need them. Olivia, do you have any ideas which of those venuse to start with?" He gestures at Nolrik's phone.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

6. - Top - End - #36

There are not, currently, any concerts going on.

Two of them, though, have concerts tonight. One is hosting a local band called Emissaries Of Death. The other is opening with Smash Mouth.

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Nolrik had simply stood behind the others, shrugged and nodded in agreement with Darion, and went back to his phone search.

Nolrik put serious thought to what was really happening. This wouldn't be the first time he had such vivid and realistic dreams about existing in a fantasy world with magical abilities. He'd even dreamed once of being an elf wizard named Välkinor Gilthalön, who was stuck in the real world, unable to convince anyone he was anything other than Nolrik.

But now, the rest of the world and those around him seemed ordinary, the same as always, with no deviations he could define beyond the extraordinary events of the recent past. Odd, he could actually cast magic and felt as if he had elven senses and skills, yet for all he could tell he still looked like his normal human self.

Inhaling deep and slow, he let out a long, low sigh. Regardless of the actual explanation for this situation, he concluded that the best course was to suspend any disbelief and proceed. A smile crept over the corners of his mouth as he said, "I can cast a spell that allows me to learn about a person, place, or object. It takes ten minutes. If there's a death cult here they must have at least one temple to their horrific deity. Perhaps I can find out something about it with divinations."

Looking around he adds, "I'd rather do that in a more secluded place. Perhaps we should all get rooms at a nice hotel? Either of you have a car? We should see about going to the Emmissarries of Death concert tonight."

Opening his duffel bag, at the top of which is his Bag of Holding, he says, "We can put any suspicious gear in my magic bag, including your duffel bags."
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2019-08-01 at 09:43 PM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

8. - Top - End - #38

I was about to say, dorm. But I guess we got these. Olivia comments flashing up her card.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Darion says, "Hell yeah, let's live a little with the nature goddess' money. I'm thinking 5 star hotel, room service, the works! Think you can cast your spell from a jacuzzi?" He smiles at Nolrik. He then says, "You know, I'll almost be disappointed if the death cult disguising themselves as a metal band named themselves Emissaries of Death. Here, take my hammer and the rest of my gear, I'll stay in the armor for now."

Darion hands Nolrik his warhammer and the duffel bag.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Nolrik chuckles, "I think I could, Darion, but I'd prefer relaxing afterward."

Since neither responded about having a car he requests an Uber to a fancy hotel.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

11. - Top - End - #41

After a few minutes standing around, the driver pulls up. She's someone you've seen around before, but not someone you've ever talked to much. As you get in, she comments on the armor. "That's cool-" she starts, but when the weight hits her vehicle, she stops a moment. "Armor? Is that, like, battle-ready cosplay?"

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Darion says, "I don't plan on letting anybody hit this thing if that's what you mean. I worked way too hard on this down at the forge to let somebody put dents and scratches in it."

13. - Top - End - #43

"Okay. Um..." she looks at her car, and nods. "Yeah, it can take it. Hop in, let's get going. You guys prepping for a party or something?" she asks, as you get buckled and she starts to drive.

A little small talk later, and you arrive at the hotel. "Well, you guys enjoy!" she says as you disembark. "Nice talking to you."

The hotel itself is plenty fancy, and an employee greets you from their desk. "Welcome! How may we help you today?" You get a room in order-the top floor suite, of course-and get your room keys. They're physical keys, unusually, not keycards. Heading up is easy, and soon enough, you find yourselves in one of the fanciest rooms you've been in.

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Darion strips off his armor and begins fiddling with the jacuzzi before he realizes there's a girl present and he doesn't have a swim suit. He says, "Ah, maybe that can wait until later. What time is that concert tonight, and how long did you say your spell would take?"

15. - Top - End - #45

The concert starts at six PM, but the main act isn't until nine and it's slated to last till at least one in the morning.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Nolrik exchanges the minimum pleasantries with the driver, and secures tickets for the concert on the drive.

He says even less at the hotel. Once in the suite he checks it out and replies to Darion, "Ten minutes to cast, any result should be immediately after."

He begins setting up the materials needed for the arcane ritual of Legend Lore, "I was thinking that seeking information about the leader of a local cult of Nerull, or their place of worship and sacrifice, would yield the best results. Any suggestions?"
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2019-08-04 at 09:05 AM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

17. - Top - End - #47

Nothing I haven't seen before. Olivia says starting to help herself to room service. Averting her eyes to Darion.

As for the ritual, maybe their plans as well. Olivia ventures.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Darion looks away when Olivia makes her comment, and you get the feeling that if his skin lighter he'd be blushing. He says, "Maybe room service can send up some trunks? Yeah I could ask 'em..."

Darion replies to Nolrik, "All of that sound good to check out, do your thing, man." He then calls room service to ask about whether they can send him some swim trunks.

19. - Top - End - #49

Room service is, while quite confused by your question initially, amenable enough to it. They let you know it should be arriving in about half an hour-then realize they need your size, and sheepishly ask for that before starting their task.

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Olivia will head to the hotel bar, to test her persuasive abilities.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Darion watches Olivia leave, and then shakes his head as if to clear it. He looks at Nolrik and says, "How many questions can you ask in your spell? If it's only a few it might be best to focus on the leader of the cult so we can try to find him first."

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Olivia will head to the hotel bar, to test her persuasive abilities.
    Olivia heads for the bar, taking a seat without any issues. The bartender rolls up, a young woman with green hair, and says "What can I do you for? Though if you want anything with alcohol," she adds, "I'll need your ID, ma'am."

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #53

Olivia rolls her eyes pulling out her wallet and showing a minor's id.

Though your hair looks lovely.

24. - Top - End - #54

"Aw thanks!" she says. "So want a soda or something?"

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

"Right, good start."

Laying out four strips of ivory and some incense on a table near the window, Nolrik opens the window to let out the smoke. He lights the incense and begins gesturing and intoning strange phrases. This continues for 10 minutes as he casts Legend Lore and focuses on the leader of the death cult.
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2019-08-08 at 04:07 PM.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

26. - Top - End - #56

Spoiler: Legend Lore
    Show
    It begins to coalesce. You get snippets of information... Sacrifice... Pictures of bloody bones and scraps of meat. You see storms being harnessed for their power, and orgies of violence and lust.

You do, throughout the images, get a decent view of the man the spell indicates as the leader. You get no name, and you don't recognize the face outright, but you're confident that, unless you're drunk or something, you would know if you met him.

Show
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Gathering the ivory strips, Nolrik puts them back in his Bag of Holding as he says, "Horrific, as I expected. Not many details, but I'd recognize the cult leader."

He closes the window and sits by the hotel phone, "After a brief rest I can try another spell, now that I have an idea of who to target. This magic will allow me to see and hear him, if if works."

He calls room service and orders a steak dinner and a beer, then relaxes as he tries to get tickets for the show.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Short rest asap
    Arcane recovery for 5th lvl spell slot
    Cast Scrying DC 17 Wis save, but he gets +5
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Darion says, "Great, can't wait for confirmation about where we can find the creepy dude. Hey, make it another steak and a Mountain Dew, will ya?"

29. - Top - End - #59

Room service seems happy to comply with your request when you call to put it in, and before too long, two steak dinners, a beer, and a Mountain Dew are presented to you. "Hope you enjoy," the employee, a short, round man, says. "If there's any issues, let us know."

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Olivia nods as she takes a scan of the room.